Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

aidoru posted:

Will, an 18 year old high school kid: "everyone treats me as the 18 year old high school kid"
He's not totally wrong. Sunday's insinuation that the other side got in his head and swayed him when it was indeed Will's idea is the sort of annoying thing he was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

YES! THIS SEASON IS SO loving GOOD

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

lol Zeke looked for his bag just now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adam owns again

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha Hannah rules

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Zeke quietly booted after all that.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Oh poo poo good play, Adam.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I think Will flipped?

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

Hell yeah, what a great character arc.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Jay looked totally stunned there.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Adam is secretly great at Survivor minus hole digging.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How many votes did Hannah get?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Whats great is even if Will flipped, Adam just took all the credit for it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:tviv:

Where did that outcome come from?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

blue squares posted:

I think Will flipped?

The most interesting thing is that that I don't think the players get to see if there were 5 votes on Zeke or Hannah.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

No one playing idols on themselves this season, David's move was contagious

Lone Goat posted:

The most interesting thing is that that I don't think the players get to see if there were 5 votes on Zeke or Hannah.
Tradition is that they'll show every non-boot vote.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Survivor always shows all of the idol blocked votes first, though

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'm 10 minutes behind but this is bad news bears!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh man Will did flip :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol so Will flipped and didn't tell anyone so the side he joined burned an idol that didn't need to be burned thus giving credit for the move to someone else

Will is a loving moron

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

preview chat will making the zeke mistake which is now that he is in a desirable position of power, he is going to push too hard and become a jerk

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't feel good about Adam losing his advantage/HII in one episode, but I'm glad Hannah's still around so

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol so Will flipped and didn't tell anyone so the side he joined burned an idol that didn't need to be burned thus giving credit for the move to someone else

Will is a loving moron
I knew that supervillain monologue would pay off.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Will is a loving moron

Adam would have played the idol anyway. They wouldn't trust Will at his word.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Wow it's been a few fun tribal's huh. Adam is kind of a stand-up guy even if he's not the best with the idol luck.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

Survivor always shows all of the idol blocked votes first, though

Right what I mean is, the players only saw 7 of the votes and unless they recognise Will's handwriting, they don't know whether he voted for Zeke or Hannah. We, the home viewers know because they showed all 9 votes after the credits.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Right what I mean is, the players only saw 7 of the votes and unless they recognise Will's handwriting, they don't know whether he voted for Zeke or Hannah. We, the home viewers know because they showed all 9 votes after the credits.

They know, but even if they did not know it isn't as if Will is going to pretend that he didn't flip.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

blue squares posted:

They know, but even if they did not know it isn't as if Will is going to pretend that he didn't flip.

How do they know? Maybe I'm missing something here.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

They're a bunch of Survivor dorks and they know if there were 5 votes for Hannah we would have seen 5 votes for Hannah before the Zeke votes

Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
How did they sniff out Hannah as the vote? They screwed up the previous idol play for Ken.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It wasn't a great idol play because if Will flipped, you wasted it. If he didn't flip, you saved Hannah and are still stuck at 4-4. That's still cool though that Adam played it, it gives the "Hey Adam, how's your idol hunt going" scene a little more punch. How'd he know she was the target by the way?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Synrax posted:

How did they sniff out Hannah as the vote? They screwed up the previous idol play for Ken.

Hannah correctly assumed they would target someone other than Ken in fear of an idol being played for Ken.

Also, Zeke had a hateboner for her

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

They know if they counted the cancelled Hannah votes that there were only 4. The only votes that ever don't get read are the extra ones on the booted player.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

It wasn't a great idol play because if Will flipped, you wasted it. If he didn't flip, you saved Hannah and are still stuck at 4-4. That's still cool though that Adam played it, it gives the "Hey Adam, how's your idol hunt going" scene a little more punch. How'd he know she was the target by the way?

If Will didn't flip that round, it's hard to see which of the 5 would ever flip and when that would even happen. In that case, if I'm Adam I'd much rather fight next round 4-4 and risk another rock draw to regain the majority instead of being down 5-3 with little chance to recover.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

They're basically just playing the wine in front of me game from Princess Bride at tribal at this point.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

mancalamania posted:

If Will didn't flip that round, it's hard to see which of the 5 would ever flip and when that would even happen. In that case, if I'm Adam I'd much rather fight next round 4-4 and risk another rock draw to regain the majority instead of being down 5-3 with little chance to recover.

Yeah, it was a strong idol play. It makes him look good for his alliance, solidifies their bond overall and his with Hannah, and was a strong insurance play. They had no way of knowing for sure if they could trust Will. Not playing it would have been a stupid move that would have worked out despite the stupidity.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Another thing: for all the talk of how Zeke was playing such a great game, I sure don't see it. Nobody who is playing a great game has two people flip on you in back to back episodes. The way Zeke spoke to Chris, talking about "I have my people," showed how arrogant he was and it's clear that other people noticed it and didn't like it. He's like Russel Hantz: good in a lot of ways, but terrible at managing the social game that makes people like you and want to work with you.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I know no one cares but I only just learned that loving idiot Will is from my very, very, very small hometown in New Jersey and everything is suddenly making sense to me.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

thexerox123 posted:

They're basically just playing the wine in front of me game from Princess Bride at tribal at this point.

Except every one ends with one side concluding "let's vote out the woman!" Cambodia-style play is a bit sexist in practice.

also I don't know who's winning, other than that Ken's chances are well and truly dead. I guess it could be Adam? Or David? Or, gosh, Hannah. This is a messy season, and nobody will ever hold it up as a model of great play, but the last three episodes have been pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
See, I feel like this season will go down as one of the strongest overall merge tribes. Outside of Michelle and Taylor, everyone there has some kind of hook to their game. It's not like Kaoh Rong where you could tell it was Aubry or Tai a mile away.

Ignore that Michelle won in that analogy

• Locked thread