Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

Mitch Holthus is the best radio guy in the league. I'm willing to go to bat for that analysis even though I've only heard 6-7 other teams guys. They were so bad I'm just assuming that everyone else is also bad.

He just gets so excited. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4QLa0Kg-U

gently caress thiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Congratulations on planting your rear end firmly on the hot seat, Ron Rivera!

Not like that decision really cost them the game or anything, but when your team is this lovely the year after a superbowl run and you had years of being lovely leading up to it, you're not gonna be able to lean on that for very long.

Coaches/managers who have "dress codes" are the fuckin worst. Is your team going to win more games because they wore certain articles of clothing on an airplane?

I can see maybe "Don't wear dirty, stained sweatpants when you're performing a team function" or something, but anything more than that is just "rules for the sake of rules" bullshit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chilichimp posted:

Realizing that if Quinn had just not gone for it on 4th and 1 and ate another field goal, and just taken the 2 PAT's, they would have commanded a 5 point lead going into the Chiefs final possession of the game, necessitating a 2 minute drill from the KANSAS CITY OFFENSE!!!

He left so many loving points on the field in the name of "going for it".

It makes sense going for 2 after you go up 1, a pick-2 is pretty rare and the Falcons have a great offense. The first going for 2 was dumb, I think, but I always like going for 2

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

bad boy in the boy band posted:

I can see maybe "Don't wear dirty, stained sweatpants when you're performing a team function" or something, but anything more than that is just "rules for the sake of rules" bullshit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Cam's outfits are sometimes nice, and I like some of his accessories at times, but often he appears to try too hard. he doesn't have the je ne sais quoi that Russell Westbrook has to pull off anything. His hat game is also somehow both wild and boring at the same time

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm starting to think Paxton Lynch might be a bust. He only has two starts under his belt and is a rookie so I hope I'm wrong.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope Cam wears a deep V shirt with a tie next week.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol

It's like watching Lisa_watching_ralphs_heart_break.flv except its Ron getting fired.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

Realizing that if Quinn had just not gone for it on 4th and 1 and ate another field goal, and just taken the 2 PAT's, they would have commanded a 5 point lead going into the Chiefs final possession of the game, necessitating a 2 minute drill from the KANSAS CITY OFFENSE!!!

He left so many loving points on the field in the name of "going for it".

Only the Falcons faithful could wish they were more boring and gutless. :rolleyes:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wasn't able to watch the skins game but it sucks to lose one that went back and forth like that. Can't really get too mad at anything except for the 20 yard field goal. This team just extra sucks in the red zone without reed.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Chichevache posted:

Only the Falcons faithful could wish they were more boring and gutless. :rolleyes:

Boring? I'll have you know that we did a thing yesterday. A good thing that made people say "huh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdaENOwbZbg

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The amount of times this season that everyone in the afc west has won except San Diego is really depressing me

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

I hope Cam wears a deep V shirt with a tie next week.

One of those t-shirts that has a tuxedo outline on it.

DO YOU SEE MY TIE, COACH? IT'S RIGHT HERE ON MY T-SHIRT!!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chromatic posted:

Boring? I'll have you know that we did a thing yesterday. A good thing that made people say "huh"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdaENOwbZbg

I didn't say the Chiefs were boring.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My hot take:

- Strict dress codes are dumb for the most part. But I think if they went NBA style and allowed players to look fly, it'd be cool. But the rookie players making the leagud minimum might struggle with it.
- Cam probably knew what the dress code was and didn't follow it. Either it was an oversight or a slight defiance against Ron Rivera and his control.
- Having Cam sit out 1 series was fine for punishment, if any punishment was to be given at all. I was at the game and didn't even notice Derek Anderson taking the snap.

Of all the games to be my first to attend in person, that was a pretty drat good one. Rawls looked good, Lockett looked good, Kearse actually caught stuff. No idea how much the defense will suffer without Earl, but the difference between him and Terrell is smaller than the difference between Kam and his backup, it seems.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seiferguy posted:

But the rookie players making the league minimum might struggle with it.

Rookie players making league minimum aren't being interviewed for TV and thus their clothes choices don't matter.

quote:

I was at the game and didn't even notice Derek Anderson taking the snap.

Really? You didn't notice the interception?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

seiferguy posted:

- Having Cam sit out 1 series was fine for punishment, if any punishment was to be given at all. I was at the game and didn't even notice Derek Anderson taking the snap.

huh

If you're gonna enforce a dress code, don't use a punishment that hits the entire franchise like starting your lovely backup in an important game. Make Cam write an essay on the history of the necktie or something

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

weird Asian candy posted:

Basically what Cutler yelled out to Martz during a game lol

this is still the coolest thing to happen to the bears since hester returned that superbowl kickoff

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

My hot take:

- Strict dress codes are dumb for the most part. But I think if they went NBA style and allowed players to look fly, it'd be cool. But the rookie players making the leagud minimum might struggle with it.

WampaLord posted:

Rookie players making league minimum aren't being interviewed for TV and thus their clothes choices don't matter.

The league minimum is also like half a million dollars so I don't think they'd have a problem buying some sweet suits and accessories.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The NFL gettin mad at Mike Nolan and Jack Del Rio for wearing suits on the sidelines is really dumb

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just Marshawn it and wear Pj's and skippers.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Why doesn't the NFL allow coaches to wear suits on the sideline? With as white bread the league has become lately you'd think they would welcome that.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

As much of a curmudgeon as Belichick is, he sure doesn't give a single gently caress what Brady wears.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/10/22/tom-brady-post-game-qa-meets-gq

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chromatic posted:

Why doesn't the NFL allow coaches to wear suits on the sideline? With as white bread the league has become lately you'd think they would welcome that.
Because Roger Goodell is a pissbaby

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

Fuckin' God Damnit.

The Falcons might be the only team in NFL history to score the go-ahead touch-down and then lose because their opponent knelt out the final 2 minutes.

Saints did it three weeks ago against the Broncos.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ulmont posted:

Saints did it three weeks ago against the Broncos.

The Saints didn't actually go ahead on that, though, they just tied it. The Falcons were actually up a point, and the return let KC pass them up for the lead again and the win.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

The league minimum is also like half a million dollars so I don't think they'd have a problem buying some sweet suits and accessories.

Wasting money on clothes when you're making rookie min is how you become a pauper after being in the league three years and your knee gives out

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I made a post last week about how the AFC West is home to basically all of the elite OLB/DEs, but after seeing Casey Hayward's game yday I realized that it is also home to the best CBs:

Aqib Talib
Chris Harris Jr.
Jason Verrett
Casey Hayward
Sean Smith
Marcus Peters

If you were putting together a top 10 CB list about 4 of those guys would end up on it. Just insane how much defensive talent the AFC West has.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Another thing players should do to save money is to only eat out of the dumpster until they cant physically do it anymore and then probably eat their leftover money. Just thinking things up on the spot for now but please dont comment on my ideas until i have thought aboit it some more

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't get a chance to see this game or any highlights but how does it happen that a QB gets yanked after only 5 pass attempts?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That was actually a pretty tame (and still dressed well) outfit.

Ron Rivera clearly is from a military family because he enjoys stupid, by the letter rules that have no actual effect on the outcome of anything except to make you look like petty children.

Gynecolojustice posted:

I made a post last week about how the AFC West is home to basically all of the elite OLB/DEs, but after seeing Casey Hayward's game yday I realized that it is also home to the best CBs:

Aqib Talib
Chris Harris Jr.
Jason Verrett
Casey Hayward
Sean Smith
Marcus Peters

If you were putting together a top 10 CB list about 4 of those guys would end up on it. Just insane how much defensive talent the AFC West has.

I think Sean Smith sucks this year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Bad Moon posted:

Wasting money on clothes when you're making rookie min is how you become a pauper after being in the league three years and your knee gives out

I mean...yeah but that wasn't the point.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Either don't give a poo poo about a dress code, or do what the '60s Chiefs did and have matching travel dress made for the team.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Chromatic posted:

I think that everything they wear has to be ~*~Official NFL Gear~*~ available for purchase with the idea being that people watching the game will get excited with the chance to buy their coach's hat or whatever.

I might be misremembering here, but I think Belichick started wearing the grey hoodie as a gently caress you to the league because it was the cheapest, cruddiest sweatshirt available for sale

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I didn't get a chance to see this game or any highlights but how does it happen that a QB gets yanked after only 5 pass attempts?

Apparently that was into the third quarter, and he also took like 5 sacks and was just a nightmare.

Kaepernick has played well in inclement weather before, so who knows, but he apparently looked like he was horrified at the concept of wind and snow yesterday.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blarfk posted:

I think that everything they wear has to be ~*~Official NFL Gear~*~ with the idea being that people watching the game will get excited with the chance to buy their coach's hat or whatever.

I might be misremembering here, but I think Belichick started wearing the grey hoodie as a gently caress you to the league because it was the cheapest, cruddiest sweatshirt available for sale

Pretty much. Also why he mutilates them with scissors for gameday.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean...yeah but that wasn't the point.

Yeah, the point is dress codes are dumb and they should just wear whatever

Observe
https://twitter.com/Maine_Char/status/805556333906796545/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am sure the NFL is going to mandate NFL licensed suits next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gynecolojustice posted:

Aqib Talib
Chris Harris Jr.
Jason Verrett
Casey Hayward
Sean Smith
Marcus Peters

I just wish Verrett wasn't made of glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are still Chiefs fans saying that the Chiefs should pay defensive lineman Poe with his bad, surgically repaired back all the money and let Berry walk.

These people need to be fired into the sun.

• Locked thread