Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

logger posted:

When I was a kid the first NFL game I saw on TV was Raiders V. Seahawks, while I love Seattle I will always love the Raiders as well and even though I live in Washington state I owned Raiders apparel before I got anything Seahawks. For years a Raiders/Seahawks Superbowl has been on my wishlist and I can't believe that this might be the year it actually happens. Even though I will be rooting for the Seahawks to win if it is a good game I will not be unhappy with a Raiders Championship.

Until the Superbowl I wish your team the best and hope they continue winning.

Raiders Bitch!

Lol gently caress the Raiders and they aren't going to the SB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Lol gently caress the Raiders and they aren't going to the SB

Who is going to stop them?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

logger posted:

Who is going to stop them?

:lol: if they even make it to the AFCCG they're going to get housed by the Pats and it will be hilarious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You've got a lot of posting left in you to have a death wish already Chiche.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I've seen what happens when a juggernaut offense with no D goes to the playoffs. I'm only trying to spare all your feelings.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Lost my raiders supersweet lucky sweatshirt of power at the start of a 28 hour journey from sydney to a podunk town in Europe.Then I missed a high speed train thanks to a plane delay.Coincidence?

I think not.Also looking for suitable replacements for said valuable item.

Raiders Bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

I've seen what happens when a juggernaut offense with no D goes to the playoffs. I'm only trying to spare all your feelings.

We'll just set up a pool to injure all the other teams pro bowlers. Starting with that fucklord Tom Brady. We'll Tonya Harding that mother fucker before he even steps on the field.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Aldon Smith is gonna get suspended for some reason sooner or later anyways. Might as well get it in a way that helps us win.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

The Greatest Show on Turf?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chichevache posted:

Lol if you think we don't know our safeties are a couple of scarecrows dressed in spiked pads

If we go to the playoffs after last decade, I assure you, I will get over the disappointment of a first round loss

but I won't have to because we're going to the Superbowl. Raiders bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was expecting 7-9, 8-8 and maybe a super bowl during the Derek Carr era coming into the season. Those expectations have shot up a bunch, so it's almost impossible for me to be upset with this season. The only thing that would do it is losing to the pats in the afc championship on a horse poo poo call.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

The Greatest Show on Turf?

Nah, the Rams had a top 5 (iirc) defense that year. It was just overshadowed by the amazingness of the offense.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
For us 12s anything less than a Superbowl victory is considered a disappointment #WinForever

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Volkerball posted:

I was expecting 7-9, 8-8 and maybe a super bowl during the Derek Carr era coming into the season. Those expectations have shot up a bunch, so it's almost impossible for me to be upset with this season. The only thing that would do it is losing to the pats in the afc championship on a horse poo poo call.

Some of us were called out in the pre-season after predicting 12 or 13 wins. :smug:

Raiders, bitch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Nah, the Rams had a top 5 (iirc) defense that year. It was just overshadowed by the amazingness of the offense.

edit: pfffffff

yeah, alright.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chilichimp posted:

edit: pfffffff

yeah, alright.

Haha, you figured it out eventually. Yeah they really were a complete team, considering how quickly they typically scored it's really impressive they were 6th in yardage and 4th in scoring D that year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Chichevache posted:

Khalil Mack bitch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Black Sunshine posted:

Khalil Mack bitch

Khalil McBitch, bitch.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Shut up and Raiders

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

Over the last six games, Raiders defense has ranked 10th but BOXSCORES amirite?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
First winning season since 2002, and the fans are already chasing the Seahawks' crown.

Spectacular.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Coldforge posted:

First winning season since 2002, and the fans are already chasing the Seahawks' crown.

Spectacular.

this thread will be crickets on Friday

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Coldforge posted:

Spectacular.

im just happy 2 be here fam, win or lose

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'd have so much more faith in the Raiders if that defense outside Mack wasn't terrible. It feels like it's going to do them in.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Febreeze posted:

I'd have so much more faith in the Raiders if that defense outside Mack wasn't terrible. It feels like it's going to do them in.

you feel that because it's totally what's going to happen

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Coldforge posted:

Spectacular.

:salt:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

Spectacular.

Lol, absence made the heart grow fonder, but now I remember why I didn't root for Oakland when I was growing up in the Bay Area.

Gynecolojustice posted:

this thread will be crickets on Friday

You're not going to come gloat in here with me?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Febreeze posted:

Not everyone on the defense is terrible. Some are even league average!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Coldforge posted:

Spectacular.

Careful. In a year or two you'll be a raider fan.

Edit: forgot about Vegas

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Volkerball posted:

I mean, 49ers fans have reason to be pessimistic after a promising few seasons.

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Kellymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains: round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, don't think I'll ever be cheering for the Raiders, or their updated "Black Knights" moniker.

I've been an A's fan as well as a 49ers fan since birth, so the Jed situation is nothing new and I'm well inured to mismanaged/collapsing franchises :agesilaus: Can't wait for the Warriors to join the tradition, and my sports misery to be complete.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I thought the Raiders were 9-7 at best this year

We're playing with house money now raiders puta

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Asaltantes, puta.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Coldforge posted:

Can't wait for the Warriors to join the tradition, and my sports misery to be complete.

Only followed the dubs last couple years, I guess

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The last time the Raiders had a winning season I was 15 and had just moved back to California and now I am about to turn 30, am married, and Raiders bitch.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

warcrimes posted:

Only followed the dubs last couple years, I guess

Because for the last 20 years, all these other Bay Area franchises have seen such tremendous, sustained success?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Uterine Lineup posted:

The last time the Raiders had a winning season I was 15 and had just moved back to California and now I am about to turn 30, am married, and Raiders bitch.

I watched the super bowl on a dial television with rabbit ears as a starry eyed 13 year old. I remember it got so bad that I had to change the channel. Then I'd just pace the room trying to pretend the game wasn't going on. When I'd finally cave and change it back, the Raiders would be doing something good. Maybe they scored, or they were driving. No sooner would I start watching than there would be an interception or something horrible. It was really traumatizing. I felt like it was my fault. For years I thought if I hadn't watched the game we might have won.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, don't think I'll ever be cheering for the Raiders, or their updated "Black Knights" moniker.

I've been an A's fan as well as a 49ers fan since birth, so the Jed situation is nothing new and I'm well inured to mismanaged/collapsing franchises :agesilaus: Can't wait for the Warriors to join the tradition, and my sports misery to be complete.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NBA_Finals

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Wearing my Napoleon Kaufman jersey today because Raiders, Bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Wearing my Napoleon Kaufman jersey today because Raiders, Bitch

Every time I read this name I think of Napoleon McCallum. I curse both Kaufman and you for making me remember that injury.

• Locked thread