Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

At the end, are they implying that you can buy and decorate landmarks in the world? Why show off Craglorn?

You're reading too much into it. One of the 'houses' is a large cavern in Craglorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
This looks really good, with what appears to be significantly more detailed customization than LotRO (the only other MMO I played long enough to own a house).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

This all sounds great. I was just thinking that the only thing keeping this from feeling like a true Elder Scrolls game is the inability to make my own filthy skooma-den somewhere.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
We're gonna filth up the goon house so much.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Aramek posted:

We're gonna filth up the goon house so much.

None of you fuckers are touching Goon House's decorations. I am going to decorate it with nothing but Veteran Maelstrom Arena trophies :smug:

Also can't wait to see the item and skill balancing that's coming in this update too. Wanna see Viper/Tumorscale get a minor nerf while Eye of the Storm gets an ultra-nerf.

But holding out hope for the return of the MIGHTY DRAGONKNIGHT.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
ERP at scyantific's place in February, right?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

ERP at scyantific's place in February, right?

Automatic guild kick if I spot any of you doing ERP.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

God drat it scy, now I might have to arrange it, just as a joke, to see your reaction.

I DON'T EVEN LIKE ERP, but I do like comedy!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
is there a designated best bow/2h nightblade build for pvp and is it significantly different from pve enough if I wanted to do both with any amount of seriousness?

i was looking at the alcast "gankmania" build for pvp and it looks fun but being new im not sure if thats the thing to do or just something for fun

e: im not married to the idea of nightblade either, i usually play healers, so if thats more needed/wanted in pvp/pve I'd be fine playing that too

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Sky Shadowing posted:

" just as a joke"

This is how it always start.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
So, what determines how powerful your ultimate abilities are? Are they not scaled to max magicka/stamina? Also I haven't unlocked any of the ultimates from the weapon skill chains yet, but do you need to have the corresponding weapon equipped in order to use them?

Also, holy poo poo, Athletics. If I was looking for a reason to not respec from a stamina build wearing all medium armor, I think I found it. :psyduck:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

that is a lot more customization than I was really expecting

also looks like we'll finally be getting dps dummies

last week i toured out all the datamined houses and was thinking Kragenmoor for a cheap house but its right next to a slave quarters

maybe I'll do Narsis instead

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boy are my arms tired posted:

is there a designated best bow/2h nightblade build for pvp and is it significantly different from pve enough if I wanted to do both with any amount of seriousness?

i was looking at the alcast "gankmania" build for pvp and it looks fun but being new im not sure if thats the thing to do or just something for fun

e: im not married to the idea of nightblade either, i usually play healers, so if thats more needed/wanted in pvp/pve I'd be fine playing that too
Alcast's build is pretty decent. Though if you want to be ultra-cancerous you can run Velidreth/Viper/Widowmaker with poisons for light attacks that proc 20k free damage.

Rollersnake posted:

So, what determines how powerful your ultimate abilities are? Are they not scaled to max magicka/stamina? Also I haven't unlocked any of the ultimates from the weapon skill chains yet, but do you need to have the corresponding weapon equipped in order to use them?

Also, holy poo poo, Athletics. If I was looking for a reason to not respec from a stamina build wearing all medium armor, I think I found it. :psyduck:
Ultimates scale off of your highest stat, and your Champion Points. Yes you need to have the weapons equipped and active to use their ultimates.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Scyantific posted:

Alcast's build is pretty decent. Though if you want to be ultra-cancerous you can run Velidreth/Viper/Widowmaker with poisons for light attacks that proc 20k free damage.

im not sure what these words mean but i'll look them up, thanks!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boy are my arms tired posted:

im not sure what these words mean but i'll look them up, thanks!

Widowmaker
Velidreth
Viper's Sting

Basically the flavor of the month cancer build that's all the rage right now. 20k damage instantly from a light attack if the RNG likes you.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Scyantific posted:

Widowmaker
Velidreth
Viper's Sting

Basically the flavor of the month cancer build that's all the rage right now. 20k damage instantly from a light attack if the RNG likes you.

lmao this looks fun

i wonder how many angry tells i'd get

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Remember, it's not ERP if you act out Lusty Argoonian Maid/Sultry Argoonian Bard :colbert: I want to see the pricing, before the inevitable despair of "200K will get you a slightly bigger room".

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pricing is irrelevant when you have a stash of crowns you won't spend on garbage crates.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I was giving him the dick, as a joke you see, please ignore all the effort present therein. :eng101:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

I was giving him the dick, as a joke you see, please ignore all the effort present therein. :eng101:

A joke is more believable than a goon having sex.

That said, this is making me a bit nostalgic for the days when someone would spot erpers and goons would descend on them dressed like Ordinators to troll them

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I was looking into trying this again after only getting maybe 10 levels a few months ago. I had a couple weird questions before I begin though:

1) Is there much purpose in having multiples of the same class? I know there is a respec system but not sure how feasible it is to be doing full respecs

2) Are you kind of expected to join all the guilds? I remember the mage and fighter guilds from vanilla and know they added DLC for thieves and dark brotherhood. I know the guilds are a lot different than normal TES games, where you (or at least I) pick one or maybe two to join and specialize in.

Odd questions but I'm a bit of a spazz.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Is it because I'm old that I don't have the foggiest idea what erp is?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

graynull posted:

I was looking into trying this again after only getting maybe 10 levels a few months ago. I had a couple weird questions before I begin though:

1) Is there much purpose in having multiples of the same class? I know there is a respec system but not sure how feasible it is to be doing full respecs

2) Are you kind of expected to join all the guilds? I remember the mage and fighter guilds from vanilla and know they added DLC for thieves and dark brotherhood. I know the guilds are a lot different than normal TES games, where you (or at least I) pick one or maybe two to join and specialize in.

Odd questions but I'm a bit of a spazz.

I have 2 templars, one is stam one will be magicka.

I do this because I am lazy and do not want to collect 300000 skyshards again.

The reason (in my opinion) it is better to have multiples is because you limit your farming need (you can trade gear between characters even if it's bound anyway) and your CP points apply to ALL characters (but they individually spend the points), so all you do is level to 50 again.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

graynull posted:

The guilds are basically just questlines that unlock unique skill lines and the opportunity to craft particular set items. They approach you automatically as you level and there's no real reason not to do them.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ixjuvin posted:

The guilds are basically just questlines that unlock unique skill lines and the opportunity to craft particular set items. They approach you automatically as you level and there's no real reason not to do them.

This, you will also get skill points for doing their major questlines which will assist in putting points into their passive skills, and, the passives for the guilds (especially thieves/legdermain/DB) are really good if you're into stealing from/murdering people. Stealing/murdering is the best way to make money imo.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Turk posted:

Is it because I'm old that I don't have the foggiest idea what erp is?

Rp stands for roleplay.

You can probably figure out what the e is.

https://youtu.be/9kb73q1qCCA?t=4s

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
So to level the Undaunted skill line, I need to complete public dungeons, and group dungeons, but delves don't count? I thought the only dungeons I'd finished are delves, but I'm at Level 2 with no recollection of what I did to get there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

So to level the Undaunted skill line, I need to complete public dungeons, and group dungeons, but delves don't count? I thought the only dungeons I'd finished are delves, but I'm at Level 2 with no recollection of what I did to get there.

Undaunted Daily Quests (Pledges and the solo delve quest), and getting dungeon achievements from the Dungeons and Veteran Dungeons categories.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Quick heads up, currently purging anyone who's been inactive for 12+ months so if you joined EP Goons and find yourself guildless, just post in here for a re-invite.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Stupid anti pimping laws 500 member limit.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Where the gently caress do you find raw juute? I checked the map and the sites but all I see is flax.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Everything levels to you now as of One Tamriel. So the game just pings the locations of a plant, then checks your level/crafting skill to determine what you see.

To only ever see Jute, you need a low level character and no points in crafting. If you have a max level character with no points in crafting, it's 50/50 jute and ancestor silk, for example.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

You have to be level 1-X to see it (I don't remember what level jute turns into flax or whatever the second tier thing is)

The resources scale to your level, so either you buy it, or you farm it with a character of the appropriate level.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
As mentioned right above, stuff also scales to relevant crafting skill. So if you overlevel those...good luck doing the writs :haw: Had that for a while.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

GuyUpNorth posted:

As mentioned right above, stuff also scales to relevant crafting skill. So if you overlevel those...good luck doing the writs :haw: Had that for a while.

shouldn't the writs also scale to your level then?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

At last, I will be able to fill a room with stolen crockery and it will be a proper Elder Scrolls game.

Jesus Condumb
Oct 25, 2012

Scyantific posted:

Undaunted Daily Quests (Pledges and the solo delve quest), and getting dungeon achievements from the Dungeons and Veteran Dungeons categories.

The achievements do the majority of the work in the skill line. The quester givers gives almost nothing and the dailies are meh but might as well.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Can I get a guild invites @esopi

Im trying out the beginner Nightblade guide and so far its more fun than DK

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
What's the best class/build if I want to solo as much difficult content as possible? Sort of like Blood Death Knights in WoW.

Also, does this game level scale dungeon/raid content or are old raids and dungeons trivial once passed a certain level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Books On Tape posted:

What's the best class/build if I want to solo as much difficult content as possible? Sort of like Blood Death Knights in WoW.

Also, does this game level scale dungeon/raid content or are old raids and dungeons trivial once passed a certain level?

My vote is either for Stamsorc, or Magplar for being tough/healing self/solo almost everything.

Everything scales now, but each trial/dungeon has degrees of difficulty as well, normal, veteran, veteran hard mode specifically.