Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao mcdavid meltdown. after this, loving around with the oiler's day off, and bitching about the concussion protocol after bouncing his face off the ice i'm not sure why any non oiler fan would like him. he's ruining the sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

hifi posted:

lmao mcdavid meltdown. after this, loving around with the oiler's day off, and bitching about the concussion protocol after bouncing his face off the ice i'm not sure why any non oiler fan would like him. he's ruining the sport

What did he do with their day off? I must have missed that.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Look Around You posted:

What did he do with their day off? I must have missed that.

they moved it a week forward or something

http://www.tsn.ca/oilers-cancel-mandated-day-off-following-loss-1.586534

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

hifi posted:

I don't care about any of that and he's the most fun player to watch since Lemieux.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, great hockey player acted x. Lol, what a y.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, great hockey player acted x. Lol, what a y.

Oooh! I love mad libs. Let me try!

Lol, great hockey player acted like a teenager. Lol what a teenager.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

What a loving monster

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

they moved a monday day off to wednesday. im sure talbot at least appreciated it, cause his wife had twins on wednesday

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
jesus christ, connor mcdavid is an affront to the game and hockey fans everywhere

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I find him very annoying (albeit undeniably talented), but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that he plays for the Oilers. Put him on Arizona or the Islanders and I'm sure I'd be singing his praises.

With that said, he spent an entire game going after Manning for an accidental injury that occurred a year ago. Cmon man, get over it, you just look like a dink.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 9, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Should have punched him in the kidneys a bunch.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

xzzy posted:

Why does that announcer sound like someone slowed his audio down.

That's Ken Daneyko, who despite taking a slapshot and numerous fists to the face, was never diagnosed with a concussion and laments the diminished role of enforcers in the game. Maybe undiagnosed brain injuries set his speech to half speed?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

I find him very annoying (albeit undeniably talented), but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that he plays for the Oilers. Put him on Arizona or the Islanders and I'm sure I'd be singing his praises.

With that said, he spent an entire game going after Manning for an accidental injury that occurred a year ago. Cmon man, get over it, you just look like a dink.

How is he supposed to be Sid's heir if he can't piss off fans everywhere?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
McDavid is a dumb child who will get everything he ever says published until he's like 23 or so and gets tired of all the media attention. At that point he'll learn to shut down all aspects of his personality and within... let's say 4 months there will be news articles written about how he's become less vocal because he's "more focused on the game" and he's really emerging as a leader

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Chad Sexington posted:

What backlash?

Yeah, this only existed from a whiny Internet minority. Promoting Crosby and Ovechkin benefitted the NHL handsomely in terms of ratings, ticket sales, jersey sales, etc.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/807260217243299842

pre-emptive I'm Sorry Rotten Cookies because when the AAV comes out, I expect there to be a lot of pain and anguish

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

You gotta lock up that 20 point talent long-term.

Edit: haha $3.5M AAV

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/807261443968167936

jesus

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sorry RC :(

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Ahem. Excuse my french, but....

tabarnak

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Holy poo poo the islanders have a $10million 4th line.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
congrats on your first overall NYI you jerks :mad:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Holy poo poo the islanders have a $10million 4th line.

hey their 4th line only makes 7 million right now. it's the third line making 10

$17 million invested in your bottom 6 forwards and only one of them is any good

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

29 years old, plays a physical game so more likely to deteriorate, and has point totals of 19 (pro-rated from 10), 19, 16, and 23 the past 4 seasons. Gotta pay the man.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
lmao

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He gave them a hometown discount. Sweeney would have offered 4.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/RangerSmurf/status/807263686758924288

Why didn't they just sign Matt Martin too?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Well they have to save at least a few crumbs for Tavares

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

hifi posted:

lmao i just saw price throw those punches. good

Price is such a baby but everyone lets him get away with being a child because he's good at hockey. Much like McDavid

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I would literally be shocked if most hockey/baseball players weren't Republicans/Trump supporters. It's best to just bury your head in the sand on this one

Pretty sure most pro athletes in the US just care about the amount of taxes they pay which naturally leads them to be republicans and they live a sheltered life where they don't really have to consider anything else

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Levitate posted:

Price is such a baby but everyone lets him get away with being a child because he's good at hockey. Much like McDavid

or King Hank

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They're gonna lose Tavares but at least they have Czizikas Ladd and Clutterbuck locked up long term.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
God, I was so certain Cal Clutterbuck was going to be getting 1 year contracts until he was out of the league by 31, he just seems like one of those shitbags that teams keep taking a flyer on and then going "nahh"

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Well they have to save at least a few crumbs for Tavares

haha like Tavares is going to stay around for that poo poo show. He's gonna be a Penguin in 2018.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

If the Islanders lose Tavares, I don't even know what I'd do, but I'm excited to play detective and piece together everything I do in the blackout rage.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mind_Taker posted:

haha like Tavares is going to stay around for that poo poo show. He's gonna be a Penguin in 2018.

That is not a bad idea...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
so wait is it cool to hate mcdavid now?' I can't keep up

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

bewbies posted:

If you're ever confused, try and remember this handy rhyme.

Stick to what ya know, hate Cappy and Snow

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

JawKnee posted:

or King Hank

Kind of true, he doesn't usually do the whole "going to use my protected status as a goalie to take liberties with other players and have people think that's awesome" but he sure as poo poo hates his defensemen when they tip a puck past him and that melt down after he got concussed was funny

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the New York Islanders have devoted 24~% of their projected cap space next year to Jason Chimera, Nikolai Kulemin, Anders Lee, Cal Clutterbuck, Casey Cizikas, and Alan Quine. the six least important forwards on the roster are making over 17 million dollars. John Tavares' wingers are Brock Nelson and Josh Bailey, who make 2.5m and 3.3m. this is the most backwards way to build a team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

bewbies posted:

it's always cool to hate the good players on other teams.

McDavid is inevitably going to get his knee blown out and lose a bunch of his speed which will make him much less exciting and good so get it in while you can

• Locked thread