Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Wandle Cax posted:

Didn't notice those, what do you mean? If it's the new TV scene, there was no branding whatsoever so I can't imagine that was product placement.

How did you not notice the Microsoft Surface logo in the middle frame of every Scorsese scene? And he said "Microsoft Surface" in every sentence he was on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

This episode was pretty good, but man what a coincidence that FOUR women were murdered at the same house, they all managed to escape and get the chance to run away across the front lawn, and they all happened to have bare feet at the time and they all happened to run underneath one of the rare maple trees in front of the house and got the same sap on their feet. Whew that's convenient even for a TV show

It's ok because the villain died in a "slow mo walk away from the explosion" shot. Show is fun.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Wandle Cax posted:

This episode was pretty good, but man what a coincidence that FOUR women were murdered at the same house, they all managed to escape and get the chance to run away across the front lawn, and they all happened to have bare feet at the time and they all happened to run underneath one of the rare maple trees in front of the house and got the same sap on their feet. Whew that's convenient even for a TV show
My favorite part was the "oh no, a person in a car is chasing me starting from about 1000 feet away while I run barefoot. I'd better run exclusively along the center of this asphalt roadway, and avoid going near any of the many parked cars, trees, kerbs, alleyways, doorways, etc. that I'm running past."

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

roomforthetuna posted:

My favorite part was the "oh no, a person in a car is chasing me starting from about 1000 feet away while I run barefoot. I'd better run exclusively along the center of this asphalt roadway, and avoid going near any of the many parked cars, trees, kerbs, alleyways, doorways, etc. that I'm running past."

You wouldn't want to trespass on someone's lawn, now would you?

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You wouldn't want to trespass on someone's lawn, now would you?
I assume this was part of the selection process the son was doing. In his own sexual games with the girls he would subtly work in the question "so, if you were running from a car, how would you go about it?"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

roomforthetuna posted:

I assume this was part of the selection process the son was doing. In his own sexual games with the girls he would subtly work in the question "so, if you were running from a car, how would you go about it?"

Julian wasn't an Ashworth, was he?

I know it's pretty faithful to the tone of the source material, but I could do with a little less glorifying of police abuse of power. I was really hoping that Riggs would end up finding some common ground with the annoying tourists. As it is, he was just kind of a dick to them. Along with the reckless driving, mirror kicking, and "commit whatever crimes you want", this episode came off especially "it's okay for cops to break laws because they are the law".

But it was still pretty entertaining and, like I said, faithful to the spirit of the source material.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Snak posted:

Julian wasn't an Ashworth, was he?

I know it's pretty faithful to the tone of the source material, but I could do with a little less glorifying of police abuse of power. I was really hoping that Riggs would end up finding some common ground with the annoying tourists. As it is, he was just kind of a dick to them.

This. I think it would've been better at the end if he'd replaced the guitar and the amp.....right before the tow truck shows up to take the RV away.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't think the coincidences were that bad. Henry was deliberately requesting women that didn't want to be there, so maybe he wanted them to try to escape. If they're dressed up in heels then taking those shoes off makes sense so they can run away better and it makes sense for them to flee via the front of the house since that's the route they came in. And it's possible his number of victims exceeds 4, it's just that they included a set of 4 that showed the same pattern.

The thing that stood out as most dumb for me was Riggs having anti-gravity magic nuke bullets to send a SUV flying. But that was fun so whatever. Or how the victims kept trying to outrun a car on foot, rather than hiding behind anything.

Or how Henry didn't really seem to take the police seriously. "Ah yes I'll murder someone using my son's car, this is the perfect crime that will never ever bring any attention on me. Guess I'm free to murder someone else like 3 days later!" I mean there's a difference between having a strong legal team and expecting your lawyer to be literally a wizard.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

This was new last night and pretty good. They dropped the "being a father" subplot remarkably fast, I have to give them props.

Also I think Scorsese spoke in a segment not sponsored by a tablet

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Riggs getting into the trunk was hella stupid, even if he has a deathwish.

And that dog he adopted is mangy as hell.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Was bag store clerk pretty much going to die no matter what? Cuz it seems like Riggs pushing her into a meeting lead directly to her death. I missed a few minutes here and there due to phone calls so I could have missed something important.

edit: Also, was that the same actress who plays AJ on Review?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

edit: Also, was that the same actress who plays AJ on Review?

Yeah, and I agree too she was treated needlessly cruel!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It was an meh episode for me. The editing felt a bit off in the action scenes, especially towards the end (Rigg being tortured, escaping and then the alley scene).

And I didn't get what was going on with Murtaugh and his time without his family. It was barely funny, it maybe shows that he is irresponsible parent and can't find friends to hang out with, and it reduced the pretty officer to a baby sitter in one scene for this episode.

The DEA lady was kind of a cool addition though.

For some reason I find the Cruz guy interesting in this cast. He looks the most out of place, maybe a bit unstable (ie not following commands like that time in the supermarket with the veteran) and also kind of tense(?) all the time? I think I'd like to see them explore more of his backstory.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AbstractNapper posted:

For some reason I find the Cruz guy interesting in this cast. He looks the most out of place, maybe a bit unstable (ie not following commands like that time in the supermarket with the veteran) and also kind of tense(?) all the time? I think I'd like to see them explore more of his backstory.

He seems like he's managed to find a way to lurk around as his normal mode of being. Just standing there, in the middle of the room, talking to the gang and lurking.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Goddammit, Riggs. Use. A. Holster.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like this show is really trying hard to appeal to an older, conservative male demographic. People who liked and are nostalgic for the films.

They had a good chance here to show Murtaugh as an experienced father. This is his third kid and I thought they were off to a good start with him wearing the baby carrier to work. But instead of showing that he's comfortable changing diapers and considers caring for his kid part of his parental responsibility, they have him constantly trying to pass his kid off on a woman so he can drink beer.

That's like, the most tired sitcom cliché ever.

Edit: and again with portraying abuse of police power and illegal search and seizure as the wacky badass way the heroes get the guy. I know that blowing off procedure is Riggs's thing, but that doesn't mean the writers have to portray the entire police department turning a blind eye and portraying it as an "ends justify the means" thing.

Snak fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 23, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's a Lethal Weapon TV show. I'm not sure what else you were expecting?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's also a tv show made in 2016.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's a Lethal Weapon TV show. I'm not sure what else you were expecting?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I can be disappointed without being surprised.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Snak posted:

Edit: and again with portraying abuse of police power and illegal search and seizure as the wacky badass way the heroes get the guy. I know that blowing off procedure is Riggs's thing, but that doesn't mean the writers have to portray the entire police department turning a blind eye and portraying it as an "ends justify the means" thing.

Uh, have you ever seen Lethal Weapon 2? The whole "Diplomatic Immunity" problem at the mansion is because the entire department just says "gently caress it! Procedure be damned!"

Lethal Weapon 2 is also the best lethal weapon. It was the only one that really felt like Riggs was just the big brother of the family, with Trish doing his laundry and how all the kids looked at him like he's their crazy uncle with his crazy dog who can shoot you from 600 yards away. Also the condom commercial and toilet bomb and Joe Pesci being awesome as always.

This show needs to take more cues from LW2.

MrJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 25, 2016

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Who could play Leo Getz today?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrJacobs posted:

Lethal Weapon 2 is also the best lethal weapon.

I support this evidence backed statement.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

try the new taco place posted:

Michael Pena

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Tyler Labine

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just saw it all and liked it a lot.

But why even bring the baby to the crimescene in the first place? Just get a new babysitter or drop her off at a daycare for the police. I'm pretty sure those exist.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

evilmiera posted:

Just saw it all and liked it a lot.

But why even bring the baby to the crimescene in the first place? Just get a new babysitter or drop her off at a daycare for the police. I'm pretty sure those exist.

Gotta get the little one used to dead bodies early. Papa Murtaugh isn't raising no more weak children.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Finally a new episode tonight!!!!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I drive a crown Vic the is pretty much identical to the one they drive in this show. It cracks me up that they keep crashing it over and over but it magically heals every episode. I know they must have a car pool that they get their cars from, but it is always the exact same color and interior. After the last episode I thought they would replace it but it was back again last night.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Fall season finale plus it's a CHRISTMAS EPISODE

If you've ever seen a Lethal Weapon movie you know this is gonna be special

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Fall season finale plus it's a CHRISTMAS EPISODE

If you've ever seen a Lethal Weapon movie you know this is gonna be special

Almost missed this because the channel I set it to record on was airing Hairspray Live instead. Okay episode, a little less actiony and more brooding than most of them, but of course because its Christmas. Most egregious "ENHANCE, ENHANCE!" I've seen on TV in a long while which I couldn't help but laugh at.

Realized that Riggs wife is Lesbian Cop from Supergirl.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Neon Knight posted:

Realized that Riggs wife is Lesbian Cop from Supergirl.

same

I had a hunch about the death of lady Riggs' being foul play, and although they kind of made it as a fakeout, I think Uncle Cartel knows something even though he may not have been directly involved.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Why yes son, I did buy you a Ferrari on my cop salary.

Cataffy
Aug 12, 2008
Not from the cop's salary, but from all those Ebony Clark novels

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mick, Steel and Ray: Alpha Team.

edit: I know it's the wrong thread, but I stand by it.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 10, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Mick, Steel and Ray: Alpha Team.

You may have posted in the wrong thread, but I would be down for a Lethal Weapon/Legends of Tomorrow crossover.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I want Clayne Crawford's hair. I could grow mine out and it would look like his but I would look ridiculous

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Cataffy posted:

Not from the cop's salary, but from all those Ebony Clark novels

:( this doesn't exist in the show, at least not yet. Instead Trish is an attorney with a nice office, and is the obvious breadwinner ,as opposed to the secret sex novelist reveal joke from the movies. Still, it would be funny to find out that she sells eritca e-books on the side or something.

Good episode, and the first one to make Riggs feel like a member of the Mertaugh's, which the show still needs to embrace more wholeheartedly, and it was one of the things that made Lethal Weapon more endearing than most buddy movies, ecspecially when you see Riggs transformation from a legit psychopath with a deathwish and a heart of gold in the first film to a man who transformed himself by moving past his wife's death and is ready to start a family at the end of 4, largely because of how close he is to the Mertaugh's.

Also, why were the mertaugh's wearing coats at the end? Doesn't it rarely drop below 55-40 degrees farienheight in LA?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
So who was the drug kingpin calling at the end, when he said that Riggs asked about his wife, and the person on the other end of the phone needs to keep him on a short leash?

Three suspects:

1. Riggs' father-in-law (Miranda's father), the City Attorney
2. Captain Avery
3. Dr. Cahill, Riggs' psychologist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

So who was the drug kingpin calling at the end, when he said that Riggs asked about his wife, and the person on the other end of the phone needs to keep him on a short leash?

Three suspects:

1. Riggs' father-in-law (Miranda's father), the City Attorney
2. Captain Avery
3. Dr. Cahill, Riggs' psychologist

It was his wife :tinfoil:

But yea I assumed it would be the city attorney since he is the one looking out for Riggs in the first place.

• Locked thread