Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/808089407458680832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Raiders, bitch

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

warcrimes posted:

Raiders, bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We control our own destiny!

:suicide:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Volkerball posted:

We control our own destiny!

:suicide:
That is not good when you have JDR at the helm. I think he is a better coach than he gets credit for because the rosters he was given to work with in Jacksonville were garbage, but also both of his coordinators that he had under him when he had the most success have both gone on to be HCs - Mike Smith was great in Atlanta until Thomas Dimitroff Thomas Dimitroff'd the roster, and the jury is still out on Dirk Koetter, but his offenses in Atlanta when he was Mike Smith's OC were pretty good and things are looking up in Tampa.

Regardless, Raiders Bitch!

edit: I think its really funny that Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter are together again in Tampa, with Smith as a coordinator and Koetter as the HC :v:

edit2: I hope the Jaguars hire Mike Smith to HC. There I said it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That is not good when you have JDR at the helm. I think he is a better coach than he gets credit for because the rosters he was given to work with in Jacksonville were garbage, but also both of his coordinators that he had under him when he had the most success have both gone on to be HCs - Mike Smith was great in Atlanta until Thomas Dimitroff Thomas Dimitroff'd the roster, and the jury is still out on Dirk Koetter, but his offenses in Atlanta when he was Mike Smith's OC were pretty good and things are looking up in Tampa.

Regardless, Raiders Bitch!

edit: I think its really funny that Mike Smith and Dirk Koetter are together again in Tampa, with Smith as a coordinator and Koetter as the HC :v:

edit2: I hope the Jaguars hire Mike Smith to HC. There I said it.

Mike Smith was not "great" in Atlanta. He was serviceable, he brought a level of consistency to the franchise that it needed but he is about as vanilla and as boring as they come and completely folded in big games. There has also been a lot of rumors that the failed draft picks during his time were more due to him and Mike Nolan picking the players over Dimitroff. I'm not sure how much I believe it, but if you look at their past few drafts since Smith has been gone...it lends some relevancy to the rumor.

Koetter again was not great, but serviceable. His play calling becomes very predictable and he is also pretty vanilla and boring as hell.

Mike Smith will bring Jacksonville back to a consistently good team, but he is like John Fox in that he will never win anything. He just isn't the rear end hat that Fox is.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

weird Asian candy posted:

Mike Smith was not "great" in Atlanta. He was serviceable, he brought a level of consistency to the franchise that it needed but he is about as vanilla and as boring as they come and completely folded in big games. There has also been a lot of rumors that the failed draft picks during his time were more due to him and Mike Nolan picking the players over Dimitroff. I'm not sure how much I believe it, but if you look at their past few drafts since Smith has been gone...it lends some relevancy to the rumor.

Koetter again was not great, but serviceable. His play calling becomes very predictable and he is also pretty vanilla and boring as hell.

Mike Smith will bring Jacksonville back to a consistently good team, but he is like John Fox in that he will never win anything. He just isn't the rear end hat that Fox is.
:shrug: fair enough. I think the GM power structure has changed in Atlanta since the Mike Smith firing, though, hasnt it?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

:shrug: fair enough. I think the GM power structure has changed in Atlanta since the Mike Smith firing, though, hasnt it?

In that we have hired ALL the GM's? Yes :)

It's a cluster right now, but can't argue with the results I suppose...the past 2 draft classes specifically with DQ have been huge successes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

In that we have hired ALL the GM's? Yes :)

It's a cluster right now, but can't argue with the results I suppose...the past 2 draft classes specifically with DQ have been huge successes.
Yeah DQ and his staff may be really good at developing talent and they are drafting better players to start with.

I am just biased towards Mike Smith because I felt like he was a fuckin wizard, cobbling together decent defenses out of decaying players in Jacksonville.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

During the Mike Smith era this is the GM breakdown:

2008-2012
Thomas Dimitroff

Thomas Dimitroff > Scott Pioli

Scott Pioli (drafting) + Thomas Dimitroff (contracts) *scouting department shake-up.

*** Mike Smith Fired ***

*** Due to his downward trend in both drafting and standing within the org, many thought Thomas would also be fired, however that did not pan out ***

2015-2016
Dan Quinn + Thomas Dimitroff > Scott Pioli (appears to be in charge of scouting now)

Yeah DQ and his staff may be really good at developing talent and they are drafting better players to start with.

I am just biased towards Mike Smith because I felt like he was a fuckin wizard, cobbling together decent defenses out of decaying players in Jacksonville.

He did similar poo poo in Atlanta and he's doing it again in Tampa; don't let my Burner friend dissuade you from this belief.

In Atlanta, the drafting was so terrible and offense-centric that the defense just fell apart. We missed on the few high picks we did make, a few guys were injury prone, and the rest is fuckin' history.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 16, 2016

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

He did similar poo poo in Atlanta and he's doing it again in Tampa; don't let my Burner friend dissuade you from this belief.

In Atlanta, the drafting was so terrible and offense-centric that the defense just fell apart. We missed on the few high picks we did make, a few guys were injury prone, and the rest is fuckin' history.

Mike Smith will bring you back to relevancy but nothing more and you can't convince me otherwise :colbert:

During his tenure, drafting and free agency was a huge mess. Like I said, not sure how much was him, how much was TD, how much was both...I'm just glad it's better.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mike Smith will bring you back to relevancy but nothing more and you can't convince me otherwise :colbert:

During his tenure, drafting and free agency was a huge mess. Like I said, not sure how much was him, how much was TD, how much was both...I'm just glad it's better.

Eh, Free Agency was a mix, not a mess. We had some great loving pick-ups too. *cough* your avatar *cough*.

We also had some fuckin' slammin' trades like TonyG and that one good year of Asante Samuel.

You're right though, drafting was just a loving train wreck. We basically had entire years where not a single player was resigned.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Eh, Free Agency was a mix, not a mess. We had some great loving pick-ups too. *cough* your avatar *cough*.

We also had some fuckin' slammin' trades like TonyG and that one good year of Asante Samuel.

You're right though, drafting was just a loving train wreck. We basically had entire years where not a single player was resigned.

Two words...Ray. Edwards. :barf:

The trades were really good, Tony, Asante were awesome. The draft history during the Smith regime was pathetic outside of Matt Ryan.

I'll also never forgive Smith for leaving Abraham in against the Bucs in the Week 17 game going into the playoffs.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Falcons Front Office, Bitch.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the raiders will win at home on sunday and we will go to the playoffs for the first time since i learned how to jerk off. raiders bitch

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Well!!!!!!!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RaiderTweets_/status/810622780139896832

Slip
Jan 20, 2001
posting in the raiders bitch thread

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
maths confirmed. we did it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
You guys :unsmith:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

RAIDERS BITCH

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

WE DID IT FAM

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i don't know how i'm supposed to feel right now. i suppose it won't really click until week 17 ends. the raiders are going to play a football game in the nfl playoffs.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

PLAYOFFS!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I KNEW THIS THREAD WOULD PAY OFF

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Volkerball posted:

i don't know how i'm supposed to feel right now. i suppose it won't really click until week 17 ends. the raiders are going to play a football game in the nfl playoffs.

((feel happy dude, the raiders did it))

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/810645030989746176

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

((feel happy dude, the raiders did it))

i feel like a little kid who's making GBS threads in the potty for the first time and isn't sure if that's what they're supposed to do and is afraid they are going to get yelled at. i'm just like IS THIS OK. CAN I DO THIS?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
goodell is going to barge in all of a sudden and be like hey what the gently caress is going on in here and i'm gonna be like I DON'T KNOW, I WAS JUST SITTING HERE AND THEN THEY GOT A QUARTERBACK AND PLAYERS AND I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Raiders, Bitch.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell yes Raiders.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

14. loving. Years

I still can't believe it.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

[

raiders bitch

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West

Volkerball posted:

It has been a while. Kinda unreal feeling if I might say so myself.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If football games consistedly only of the fourth quarter, raiders might be the superbowl favorites

Hell yes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Del Huevos posted:

14. loving. Years

I still can't believe it.

didnt you become a raider fan like 6 months ago

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Even though you weren't asking me, I became a Raider fan in like 87, just in time to miss their great periods. It's been seasons of cryin failuer, followed by 1-2 playoff seasons that ended with a blowout, followed by seasons of failure

This... feels... so... good

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I had a name change a few months ago. I've been a Raiders fan for...25 years or something so no.

I wish I could have only been a Raiders fan for the last 6 months. I wish.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Volkerball posted:

You might be confusing him with someone else.

where is the poster with the jamarcus russell stealing from a fridge avatar??

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

hump day bitches! posted:

You might be confusing him with someone else.

where is the poster with the jamarcus russell stealing from a fridge avatar??

i'm thinking of that scottish dude who bounced back and forth between the raiders and the bills the last two years. or maybe he just stayed with the bills and i got confused with a namechange. either way, my bad. god bless us everyone. christ pseudoscientologist is who you're thinking of and get in here my dude

• Locked thread