Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Watch and learn.

https://twitter.com/monstershockey/status/811407775599357953

e- Jesus Christ, Wysh is a salty gently caress:

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/811405196878290945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fits posted:

jagr has tied messier in points

this is not a drill

Yay

gently caress mark messier.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm so close guys.

So close.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Wonderllama posted:

Ben bishop is in playoff form.

And by that I mean he caused himself a lower-body injury trying to make a save tonight.

Jimmy Howard also apparently continuing his career long trend of being really good before Christmas, getting hurt, and then coming back and playing like garbage

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Red Wings announced that the game on the 27th is a reunion of the 1997 championship team, and Steve Yzerman will be there.

That game is going to have a pretty wild crowd.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

MononcQc posted:

Habs won 5-1 and limited the ducks to 13 SOG. Martytoof's gonna have to attend more games.

Well if the Habs want my help they're going to have to foot some of that bill, I'm just sayin.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

30GP 21-5-4, +38 goal differential, ten straight wins (11-0-1 last 12) with a battle for the lead in the Metro in the next game. A 24-26-2 record the rest of the way gets them 100 points.

Six players above 20 points. Sergei Bobrovsky 19-5-2, 1.94/.932, Curtis McElhinney 2-0-2, 1.99/.938, plus a game against Boston in which he didn't get the loss but didn't allow a goal.

This is like on EA NHL when you've upgraded the staff sliders all the way, the players have all developed, and you almost don't want to play anymore because you're winning too much. It's a couple of my seasons only it's real. :psyboom:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're going to hurt you.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

With the niceties of Jagr talk, who are the most accomplished active players? I know Sid is gonna be at the top of the list, but who else?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

AAB posted:

With the niceties of Jagr talk, who are the most accomplished active players? I know Sid is gonna be at the top of the list, but who else?

Jumbo Joe and Iginla are next. Not sure who's after that.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Jumbo Joe and Iginla are next. Not sure who's after that.

The Sedins or Perry probably.

E: OV and Malkin first obviously.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars 1-14 in last 15 OT games, coaching staff throwing players out on the ice like Antoine Roussel and Radek Faksa (3rd or 4th line forwards ideally) as their go to guys at 3 on 3.

Somehow coaching staff still drawing a salary?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Question #1

Why does any bar/pub around bell ctr close their kitchen befor midnight? Do they hate money?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Question #2

I don't wanna leave. People here wear Habs jerseys like it's no big deal and I feel at home :(

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Aren't there poutine stands on every corner or is my assumption of Montreal way off base

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Martytoof posted:

Question #1

Why does any bar/pub around bell ctr close their kitchen befor midnight? Do they hate money?

Because you only need to walk up three blocks to be on ste.catherine's street, which has a bazillion restaurants/bars

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

AAB posted:

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-active-players-all-time-points-leaders.html

Hossa is in fact still in this league, and i think it's kinda funny how Crosby and Ovie are sandwiched by the Sedins

I wonder who the last player born in the 70s to play in the league is gonna be. It's not gonna be too much longer

e: Stamkos is the only player born in the 90s who's on that list. Weird to think

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
For older non-forwards you have Chara, Luongo and Lundqvist

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Question #1

Get your rear end to Saint Denis street. NOW!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Club super sexe ain't far off. I think they have food.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Jagr, Iginla, Thornton, Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, Sedin, Sedin, Perry, Kane, and Price all have MVP awards. Price probably needs a few more years, or one more year at this level, to overcome the cupless stigma, but the rest of those are HOF shoo-ins. There's a few more of those in the twilight of their careers in Marian Hossa and Zdeno Chara. Lundqvist has a few years left but has been consistently outstanding ever since he entered the league.

Aside from them, you've got a few players in Marleau and Doan whose longevity at a high level as well as the intangible of sticking with one club for two decades are quite an accomplishment and remarkable careers in this era. There are some other accomplished players who are likely on the outside of the HOF-watch, like Eric Staal, Marian Gaborik, Jason Spezza, and Rick Nash, who are shoo-ins for the Hall-of-Pretty-Good. I guess I'd also add Keith and Seabrook to the list of the most accomplished, for anchoring the Hawks for the last decade. I still don't know how history and idiot writers will treat Luongo, but he rules, too.

Then there's guys like Stamkos and Doughty, who are 26 and 27, who are also very well accomplished, especially for their age.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

news: it's a good tuesday when your team puts up 7 on the Rangers

views: i'm pretty sure Pouliot is a not good in the NHL. If the Pens have to throw in him in as the extra in the "6th rounder for MAF" trade I'm ok with it.

views x2: JR just get Justin Schultz resigned with the cap room you save

.Spec fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 21, 2016

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Martytoof posted:

Question #1

Piranha Bar is open really late on weeknights and is a good place to be a drunken shithead. It's less than a mile from there.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

edit: the most awful double self quote

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

edit: quote is not edit

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

No love for z-berg? Also, Kopitar gotta be getting up here. There's a filthy piece of coke addicted human garbage getting up there through sure longevity, but I'm not going to say his name.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

.Spec posted:

views: i'm pretty sure Pouliot is a not good in the NHL. If the Pens have to throw in him in as the extra in the "6th rounder for MAF" trade I'm ok with it.

dumoulin is p good

pouliot is p bad

and yes we need to resign Schultz he is amazing.

also need to trade fleury more asap than rocky.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

On the other end of the spectrum, Pat Cannone to make his NHL debut at 30 years old: http://atnhl.com/2ibiz1x

Who was the career AHLer who finally cracked the Sharks a couple years ago? Bracken Kearns?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

JoelJoel posted:

Club super sexe ain't far off. I think they have food.

It got shut down, my dude.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dale Ouise posted:

It got shut down, my dude.

And I thought 2016 couldn't get any worse.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

JoelJoel posted:

No love for z-berg? Also, Kopitar gotta be getting up here. There's a filthy piece of coke addicted human garbage getting up there through sure longevity, but I'm not going to say his name.

Zetterberg has had a hell of a career, it's a bit weird to think how much he's been overshadowed simply by the incredible talent that team had for a long time. His first season, 2002-03, was on a Red Wings team where he might be the tenth hall of famer after Federov, Hull, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Larionov, Robitaille, Chelios, and Yzerman.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

CBJSprague24 posted:

On the other end of the spectrum, Pat Cannone to make his NHL debut at 30 years old: http://atnhl.com/2ibiz1x

Who was the career AHLer who finally cracked the Sharks a couple years ago? Bracken Kearns?

Pat Cannone owns, this rules

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

.Spec posted:

Pouliot just has no confidence and it shows. I feel like there is still the talent there to be a decent player, but it might not end up being for us. He needs ice time and forgiveness for mistakes, two things he might not get on a team trying to win their division.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't know if I'd call a Perry a lock, certainly not at the level of those others. I'd rate Getzlaf and Eric Staal (if you put Perry on those Carolina teams after 06 he wouldn't put up the numbers Staal put up) over him for sure career wise. Nicklas Backstrom too -- definitely Kopitar.

Actually if we go to active ~in other leagues~ Kovalchuk is/was a better player than Perry. Like I could still see him getting in, but that's the tier he belongs in, not with guys like Crosby/Kane/Ovechkin/Malkin/etc.

Keith is a lock, Karlsson is pretty much a lock. Doughty will get in. Luongo should, but the Hall is weird about goalies. In the entirety of the 90s they took what 3? Hasek/Roy/Belfour?

Also this is a reminder that Sergei Zubov isn't in the Hall and would win like four Norris Trophies in the New NHL.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 21, 2016

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Are the Sedins HOF locks? I love them and think they represent a uniqueness the NHL will probably never see again bit their non-Canadian ness and lack of cups makes me think they'll be left out.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I wouldn't call them locks but they have a good chance. I'd put them in over say Perry.

If they get in and Elias doesn't though that's Canadian market bullshit :colbert:

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I hope Jagr gets traded to the Pens at the deadline. That would be cool and fun.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Here lie the Avs.

They never scored.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

I hope Jagr gets traded to the Pens at the deadline. That would be cool and fun.

I hope that every year and it continues to not happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
luu also tied sawchuck for 5th in career wins, its entirely possibly that he passes sawchuck the same game jagr passes messier

• Locked thread