Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

Pens extended Sullivan for three years

Pretty happy about that. He's done everything right so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know I'm repeating this, but the Carter trade could have looked like this:

To CBJ: Carter, Richards
To PHI: Voracek, Johansen, 2011 1st, 2012 1st, 2011 3rd

Much as that would have been hilarious, the Flyers actually got a better return trading Richards to LA instead. Johansen and what ended up being 2nd overall in a weak draft versus Schenn and Simmonds; I'd rather have Schenn and Simmonds.

Those trades probably ended up being the best moves of Homer's career as GM. They got Schenn, Coots, Simmonds, Voracek, and Cousins from trading Carter and Richards.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mentholmoose posted:

Much as that would have been hilarious, the Flyers actually got a better return trading Richards to LA instead. Johansen and what ended up being 2nd overall in a weak draft versus Schenn and Simmonds; I'd rather have Schenn and Simmonds.

Those trades probably ended up being the best moves of Homer's career as GM. They got Schenn, Coots, Simmonds, Voracek, and Cousins from trading Carter and Richards.

I dunno, Homer getting Carle and Coburn for literally nothing is up there

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
My favorite part about getting rid of Carter and Richards was Holmgren immediately blowing the newfound cap space on Bryz.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The popularity of Don Cherry and the existence of players like Steve Downie isn't due to some fundamental thing with the sport, it is due to the market the pro level of the sport relies on. As much as we like to pretend otherwise, sports fans, and especially fans of contact sports, ultimately thrive on the bloodsport aspect of it as much as anything.

It is sort of like how America is very rah rah about its military but is very uncomfortable with said military suffering casualties of any sort.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

bewbies posted:

L
It is sort of like how America is very rah rah about its military but is very uncomfortable with said military suffering casualties of any sort.

I'd wouldn't let John Tortorella or David Backes hear you talk like that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bewbies posted:

The popularity of Don Cherry and the existence of players like Steve Downie isn't due to some fundamental thing with the sport, it is due to the market the pro level of the sport relies on. As much as we like to pretend otherwise, sports fans, and especially fans of contact sports, ultimately thrive on the bloodsport aspect of it as much as anything.

I think this is on the wane. I mean it's still out there and is a big part of it but all the news about concussions has had some effect and it's at least a conversation now.

I mean, when was the last time SAS had a 10 page argument about how dirty or not dirty a given hit was? If you can get goons mostly on the same page that's saying something.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bewbies posted:

the solution is to wrap everyone in comically large bubble wrap so as to nullify the damage from any of these blows. let's see zac rinaldo use his body as a weapon when he's a giant ball of softness and soothing pops

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's true, when's the last time Kessel hurt anyone?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

xzzy posted:

I mean, when was the last time SAS had a 10 page argument about how dirty or not dirty a given hit was? If you can get goons mostly on the same page that's saying something.

* Goalies not included

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

* Goalies not included

gently caress Chris Kreider

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.

stab posted:

gently caress Chris Kreider

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's interference.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Not on Kreider it isn't.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Aphrodite posted:

That's interference.

That's not even close to what Kreider deserves

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Price deserved it for thinking himself above the team.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aphrodite posted:

He kinda is above the rest of the team?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Look at the current Habs roster. Type this again with a straight face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but he's not allowed to think that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Remeber that time he didn't play a game and they lost 10-0

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but he's not allowed to think that.

Thinking that way will get you shipped to Tennessee.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
They should make him captain. Put a "C" on his mask.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

DuhSal posted:

They should make him captain. Put a "C" on his mask.

worked for luongo

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Gio posted:

worked for luongo

:)

in a market like montreal, what could possibly go wrong?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

should have ran him next play for that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Fateo McMurray posted:

should have ran him next play for that

If anyone deserves to be run it's definitely Price.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Carcillo suggests the reason the NHL/NHLPA are so obtuse about treating concussions is because properly caring for athletes would be seen as detrimental to pending lawsuits:

https://twitter.com/carbombboom13/status/813510901961752577

:downs:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/813785785593974784

:rip:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I skated a week after my appendectomy.

Granted this wasn't a great idea and I was completely exhausted the entire time but still

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Parise has been out three games in a row with an illness.

What does he have? The plague?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Pens are starting Fleury tonight :/

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Look Around You posted:

Pens are starting Fleury tonight :/

Showcase

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

bewbies posted:

I skated a week after my appendectomy.

Granted this wasn't a great idea and I was completely exhausted the entire time but still

Laparoscopic appendectomy?

I had an open appendectomy, spent four days in hospital and couldn't do anything for a month after. One girl who was in my recovery ward had a laparoscopic appendectomy -- she was only there for one night. Jerk.

edit: I do have a wicked scar though.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Parise has been out three games in a row with an illness.

What does he have? The plague?

The mumps, obviously

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

xzzy posted:

Carcillo suggests the reason the NHL/NHLPA are so obtuse about treating concussions is because properly caring for athletes would be seen as detrimental to pending lawsuits:

https://twitter.com/carbombboom13/status/813510901961752577

there is absolutely no doubt this is the case. linking hockey to concussions conclusively is a death sentence for the sport. youth leagues will evaporate when they're unable to obtain insurance

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Olli Maata is also sick which is meh. He hasn't been as great as his rookie season but he's been consistent at least?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

watchin some solar bears tonight.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Jackets are straight up ridiculous right now.

The other shoe has to drop sometime, right?

RIGHT?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Martytoof posted:

Jackets are straight up ridiculous right now.

The other shoe has to drop sometime, right?

RIGHT?

Using the first 33 games of the season, I will no joke be making GBS threads my pants if they draw the Bruins in the first round, because they are the only team to really have anything for them so far.

...unless the CBJ get to play the Sharks. :getin:

E-

Gio posted:

watchin some solar bears tonight.

Amway Center? Club table seats for $20 are dope as hell.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I am really impressed by Nick Holden. I guess the Avs wanted to unload him so they could tank.

• Locked thread