Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i haven't been able to watch sports consistently this year due to a really busy schedule this fall/winter, but i've been catching the odd bills/sabres game here or there and haven't seen a winning performance from either team since mid-october

it's taken 30 years, but im starting to hate my sports teams a lot

gently caress dan bylsma btw. i'd take ted nolan back for the remainder of the season if it meant bylsma got fired today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

zegermans posted:

This has been bugging me since the Philadelphia game, but are national broadcasts a bit tilted in favor of large city Eastern teams? In the Blues/Flyers game, they couldn't shut up about how brilliant everyone in the Philly organization was right up until they lost 6-3.

Depends on the network, but NBC Sports occasionally just takes the local feed from one of the teams. Usually when the Flyers are on NBC sports they take the Philly feed, so there's a good chance you were watching the Flyers broadcast.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

mentholmoose posted:

Depends on the network, but NBC Sports occasionally just takes the local feed from one of the teams. Usually when the Flyers are on NBC sports they take the Philly feed, so there's a good chance you were watching the Flyers broadcast.

I think that was a ~Wednesday Night Rivalry~ game, so it should've had neutral announcers technically. But yeah, they do seem to take local announcers occasionally for whatever reason.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
It was a lot of Pierre fawning over the nine kids the Flyers have in the WJC. You know how he gets.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
If Keith Jones is on the NBC broadcast he tends to be favorable towards Philly since he played for them

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I didn't even realize Detroit was in an outdoor game until today. I'm excited to watch Lidstrom look better than any of the current Red Wing defensemen.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Gudas is out tonight and is day to day

Hakstol is benching Konecny tonight as a "learning experience" the very next game after he gets 2 primary assists

fire hakstol

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Levitate posted:

If Keith Jones is on the NBC broadcast he tends to be favorable towards Philly since he played for them

NBC seems to employ a lot of former Flyers.

Wonder why that is... (Comcast)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i am the bird posted:

I didn't even realize Detroit was in an outdoor game until today. I'm excited to watch Lidstrom look better than any of the current Red Wing defensemen.

this is not only because the wings are boring and lovely, but also because the gimmick of outdoor games have run their course. the NHL oversaturated us with them.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Thufir posted:

Isles put Halak on waivers.

:rip: skeleton man

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Gio posted:

this is not only because the wings are boring and lovely, but also because the gimmick of outdoor games have run their course. the NHL oversaturated us with them.

And their jersey is lovely and ugly

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
GODDAMNIT phone posting

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
LA or somebody like that should pick up Halak. Free to a good home!

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Gudas is out tonight and is day to day

Hakstol is benching Konecny tonight as a "learning experience" the very next game after he gets 2 primary assists

fire hakstol

Are these benching supposed to light a fire under the player's rear end to inspire them next game to be better? Because this seems like a bad way to do that

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
Repost from last night's CBJ / 'PEG game:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/814671904833347585

Old torts never really left, hes just waaaaaaaaaay deep down inside there. :allears:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Clash of the Titans

quote:

The Blue Jackets (14-game win streak) will play the Minnesota Wild (12-game win streak) on New Year's Eve in Xcel Energy Center, the first time in NHL history that two clubs with winning streaks of seven or more games will have faced each other.

In fact, according to Elias Sports Bureau, it's the first time in North American professional sports history that two teams with winning streaks of 12 or more games will have gone toe-to-toe.

Here's a statistical comparison of the two teams' performances during their streaks:

BLUE JACKETS MINNESOTA WILD
Consecutive wins 14 12
Last defeat: Nov. 26 (34 days) Dec. 2 (28)
Goals for: 55 (3.9) 46 (3.8)
Goals against: 24 (1.7) 22 (1.8)
Shots for: 454 (32.4) 341 (28.4)
Shots against: 419 (29.9) 355 (29.6)
Home wins: 7 6
Road wins: 7 6
Overtime wins: 1 2
Shootout wins: 2 1
Leading or tied: 780:21 685:06
Time trailing: 70:25 45:51
---
Leading scorers:
Sam Gagner 7-9-16 Charlie Coyle 4-11-15
Cam Atkinson 7-8-15 Eric Staal 6-8-14
Brandon Saad 8-5-13 Mikael Granlund 4-9-13
Alexander Wennberg 4-9-13 Mikko Koivu 4-7-11
Nick Foligno 4-8-12 Jason Zucker 5-4-9
---
Top goaltender
Bobrovsky 12-0-0, 1.67, .941 Devan Dubnyk 10-0-0, 1.67, .942

https://www.facebook.com/aaron.portzline.1/?fref=ts

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

grack posted:

If you were truly a friend you'd have intervened.

Cale Yarborough says screw you.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
How soon we forget Cale Hulse

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The king of Ava (Myanmar) in 1452 was named Kale.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

lazerwolf posted:

Are these benching supposed to light a fire under the player's rear end to inspire them next game to be better? Because this seems like a bad way to do that

He's also giving AMac 20+ minutes a game

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Habs should pick up Halak because we need a good goalie controversy agahahahahahah oh man I almost said that with a straight face

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Martytoof posted:

Habs should pick up Halak because we need a good goalie controversy agahahahahahah oh man I almost said that with a straight face

Stop.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
I was going to say that Knights of the Old Republic had a Cale, but he was Calo, so I would have humiliated myself if I had said that.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Zybl0re posted:

LA or somebody like that should pick up Halak. Free to a good home!

Budaj's doing pretty good, LA shelters its goalies anyway.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Look Around You posted:

I think that was a ~Wednesday Night Rivalry~ game, so it should've had neutral announcers technically. But yeah, they do seem to take local announcers occasionally for whatever reason.

Can't wait to watch the Winter Classic with Ed Olcyzk doing color.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
uh

https://twitter.com/DomenicFazioli/status/814952173465378816

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

How is Condon working out for you Sens people?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Look, they were already printed OK?!

Marc Bergevin: Ruiner of calendars (and other things)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They called Turner Licensing to let them know about the trade but everyone there thought it was a prank.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
That's just embarrassing.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

yellowcar posted:

How is Condon working out for you Sens people?
He's been alright! I thought that would sink our season but he's held the fort, and in retrospect paying a tiny price for him was the correct choice over Hammond. His play has dipped a bit the past few games tho.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if McDonalds for Life cards are revocable.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
maybe they meant life as in the prison sentence

e: which is very appropriate for Ottawa

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
A Christmas Miracle:

I was gifted a box of Black Diamond hockey cards, a higher end hockey card. $200 for six cards.

Of the six cards, one was an Auston Matthews patch out of 99, and another was an Auston Matthews autograph (redemption) out of 35.

A Christmas Miracle.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Apparently this game will be NHL.com's free game of the week too.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

A Christmas Miracle:

I was gifted a box of Black Diamond hockey cards, a higher end hockey card. $200 for six cards.

Of the six cards, one was an Auston Matthews patch out of 99, and another was an Auston Matthews autograph (redemption) out of 35.

A Christmas Miracle.

Deep down you know you really wanted the Abdelkader autographed card and the Howard patch.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

I got one of those for Christmas

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

AsInHowe posted:

A Christmas Miracle:

A Christmas Miracle.

Nice. My Christmas hockey haul was a Tarasenko winter classic jersey from my in-laws.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

AsInHowe posted:

A Christmas Miracle:

A Christmas Miracle.

I bought a Toronto Maple Leafs t-shirt with Auston Matthews' name and number on the back.

*cough*

Well I think it's cool...

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Wayne Gretzky was slurring his speech in an interview during NSH-STL. I hope he's just drunk.

• Locked thread