Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
a package came from elder postsman! (i am not in yosmas)

oh wow is this the peanut butter porter you rave about? thanks!! it will be enjoyed this weekend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
thats a big honkin can

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Cocoa Crispies posted:

ugh i hosed up those instructions, just remembered brasil is on 240V

It varies from state to state, here it's 127V so it's fine.

I'll open a thread about the puzzle box 2 tomorrow

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

graph posted:

oh wow is this the peanut butter porter you rave about? thanks!! it will be enjoyed this weekend :)

Well someone is sucking up to the mods.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

spankmeister posted:

Well someone is sucking up to the mods.

i sent dur some mustard last year :ssh:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

yeah it is. it's extremely good.

those are their "crowlers", they're uh 32 ounces? half a growler, in a can.

e: oh it says crawler right on the can. lol.

Elder Postsman fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 29, 2016

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
is there any way to save a crowler for a day or is it an all-in-one-sitting type deal

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
who doesnt drink at least a minimum of 32 oz of beer in a sitting?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
canada post hasn't delivered to my mailbox yet :(

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

who doesnt drink at least a minimum of 32 oz of beer in a sitting?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

is there any way to save a crowler for a day or is it an all-in-one-sitting type deal

all in one sitting unfortunately, from my experience.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

graph posted:

get a whipping siphon and a co2 charger and re-carbonate the remaining beer after you open it

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

anthonypants posted:

i got some sort of non-computered game

awwwww and it's a game for girls, yuck

i'll have to check my mailbox for other things but i literally just got home and i am tired and i would like to sleep
thank you duckfarts!!!!

so i was lazy and the initial box of dumb useless crap i wanted to prepare is still at home and may eventually get to you someday

so re: your gifts:
  • :siren:The Summoning is one of the best loving games ever made:siren: and is filled with cool puzzles, warp stones that can potentially gently caress you over if you're not careful, a neat magic system, a conversation system with keywords, kickin rad music, inventory juggling/hoarding, meaty combat including running away like a bitch at times to throw rocks and anything in your inventory at the enemy, and a potentially bugged final gate though you can get to the ending another way anyway. :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozRcWp2GYB8 :rip: SSI

if you don't want to deal with floppies, it's considered abandonware so you can just google "the summoning game" and there's a few places that have it, and some that will let you play it online in a browser, though i don't know how you'd manage your saves then

• my brother works at Tiltfactor, and they worked on Monarch, and i'm told it's reasonably okay

• you should have already received a giftcard in the mail to Purringtons, a cat cafe that seems cool but has the bullshit (yet frustratingly understandable) rule that you can't pick up the cats. if you havent' received it, i hope nobody's stealing your mail, and i hope it got there despite you giving me the wrong zip code :argh:

• last, i wanted to get a dvd of this cool documentary i saw about taiwanese pro wrestlers and their lives that was made/directed by this guy i met while accompanying some friends going around on some weird local temple pilgrimage tour that ended in basically a basketball court's worth of closely arranged mortar fireworks all hastily lit with hand torches, but i couldn't find the dvd but it turns out that the director put it up on youtube anyway so here it is for everybody to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvY519SoaI
                                /
                          merry yosmas, bicth

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
got an e-mail from canada post to pick up my gift from santa :toot:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
the puzzle box 2 thread is online: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803421

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

graph posted:

lmfao

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
Yo valeyard did you get part two yet?

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

l o l

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
All that's left for proof of receipt is Jimmy Carter from what I can tell

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
my poo poo was delivered to meatpotato today

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my package is supposed to be at my building's front desk but they haven't checked it in yet for me to pick up

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
dont let that front deskman steal your poo poo. you know he been side-eyein your package

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i'm sorry i'm taking so long to pick my package up, my santa delivered on time and is blameless :(
i'll get it picked up january 2nd and post the pictures the 4th. :toxx:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
got my package. will make a post likely either tomorrow or sunday :)

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Symbolic Butt posted:

my poo poo was delivered to meatpotato today

I suspected you were my santa!

Gift pics:

Upon opening the box my kitchen was filled with an overwhelming aroma of bananas. I'm amazed this thing got through US customs but not really because I doubt they care :shrug:

:drat:

Illegal candy is da best candy

I smelled this, but it surprisingly wasn't the source of the banana odor. Now I can take calls at my desk like somebody with a real job.

Another phone! This one looks like the Nokia I had a year ago.

Surprisingly, this wasn't the source of the banana smell

But they're delicious, it's similar to fruit-leather in taste and texture

The rest of the haul contained some sweet modern architecture / Symbolic Butt's city themed chocolate bars

And what I think is "Merry Christmas" in Portuguese on another chocolate bar

Some peanut-brittle-like candy. It's excellent!

A shirt from Curitiba, Brazil

And a very tiny pocket magnetic calendar for a tiny fridge

SKELETONS!

Finally, the source of the banana smell:

;)

The chocolate ones have a hollow shell of hard sugar inside that contains liquor! The other two are yogurt covered, I think one is banana flavored with raisins inside and the other is ??? flavored with what I think is passionfruit inside! They're delicious and I'm definitely not sharing these.

Thanks for being an excellent Santa, Symbolic Butt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the desk guy came through in the end!

did you tear your name out?

hell yeah, i've been wanting to read this but ive been too lazy to buy it

book back

whiskey barrel rum!

brewskis including a fosters-esque can of peanut butter porter :tinsley:

packaging cat

i'm drinking the peanut butter porter now, and it is indeed extremely good. Thanks santa! (dur i think! based on the pb porter)

m̤̰̣̤̱̼͇̾̍́͊ͅe̷͚̥̰̙͍͍̊̑̕r̼͉̫̣̼̲̩̞ͣ̃͆͐̾͠rͧͬͤ̃҉̵͎̠̭͙̝̪͇y̖̠̥̮̭͆̌̋ͦ̉̒ͩ̀ ̛̦̻̦̗̟ͤ̀̕ẏ̷̛̙̠̰͎̻͈͇͉̅̇ͮ̋ͣ͋̓͝o̡͙̣̜͊̾̀s̴̢͔̣͖̲̰̭̫̬̫ͯ̏̅̀͐̕m̈̄ͪ́͏̧͔͚̩̗̣̦a̸̜͔̮͓̺͊ͦͩ̏̎s̷̗̼͕͇̙̆͋̓̓̑́̚

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

meatpotato posted:

Finally, the source of the banana smell:

;)

The chocolate ones have a hollow shell of hard sugar inside that contains liquor! The other two are yogurt covered, I think one is banana flavored with raisins inside and the other is ??? flavored with what I think is passionfruit inside! They're delicious and I'm definitely not sharing these.

Thanks for being an excellent Santa, Symbolic Butt

woah NICE

PokeJoe posted:

Thanks santa! (dur i think! based on the pb porter)

booooooze is good

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hello, major appologies to my santa vodkat

ive been pretty sick lately and in and out of hospital and didnt get a chacne to do this post properly, and didnt want to half rear end it

so without further delay...

I received this unexpecantly when I was waiting for some other deliveries, wait until you see the lovely handwriting

Three lovely and very neatly wrapped gifts

It really is nice handwriting

First up on the block is the little thin one, let's see....

Oh, it's the worlds BEST OPERATING SYSTEM (JUST RELEASED)

But just loving LOL at having a laptop with a disc drive, who do you think I am? I'll just need to frame it

Next up is the slightly bigger gift, feels like a hardback...

Hmmm

Ahhhhhhh

Here are some choice excerpts

These postcards are so boring that it sent me to hospital, its kind of making me glad I didnt need to live throgh 1960s America. Its not boring more so than just actually depressing :cry:

This will make an interesting coffee table addition

I can't believe it doesn't have one single page Seattle, the only place in the USA I've been

Right, the last one is a bit hefty

Hmmm

Ooooooh, that a very nice cover, I haven't heard of this before

This looks great, I managed to read a little bit of it so far but will be able to get into it properly now that I'm back home. It's certainly different to anything else I've ever read

Oh yeah also there was something inside...

:3:

Let's not forget the lovely card

Sorry vodkat, I don't think there is any saving my posting. It's among the worse posting of the year, but thankfully the year is almost over :grin:

You mentioned a certain something else that would be arriving separately...well it actually arrived much quicker than expected!

Here we go...

:swoon: :eyepop: :swoon:

This really is lovely

I tried to take a shot of the description at the bottom that names everyone (although I would be surprised if this thread couldnt name them all) but it didn't really work very well

For now this will remain tubed up but like you mentioned in the card it will end up framed and hung up in my new flat...whenever that actually happens, hopefully soon

Thanks very much for everything vodkat and sorry again for the delay!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
holy poo poo guys! the yosmas arrived (for reals this time) today!

...i'm gonna post the pictures later, but wanted to get the word out immediately that C.H.O.M.E. is a good santa and his gifts are much appreciated :buddy:

(jerky is tasty and the cats are digging that isopod!)

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

holy poo poo guys! the yosmas arrived (for reals this time) today!

...i'm gonna post the pictures later, but wanted to get the word out immediately that C.H.O.M.E. is a good santa and his gifts are much appreciated :buddy:

(jerky is tasty and the cats are digging that isopod!)

👍🏻

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Did everyone get a gift this year? Is it possible that everyone was a good Santa?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Funhilde posted:

Did everyone get a gift this year? Is it possible that everyone was a good Santa?

Jimmy Carter is the last one with neither confirmation of receipt nor confirmation of shipment.

King Diamond has received their gift but has not posted it.

OSI confirmed receipt and should post today or tomorrow.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 31, 2016

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
hi guys just checking in 2 see who is the bad santa

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

CrazyLittle posted:

All that's left for proof of receipt is Jimmy Carter from what I can tell

:sigh:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

PokeJoe posted:

hell yeah, i've been wanting to read this but ive been too lazy to buy it

oh good! it's been recommended here a lot (mostly by my Good Friend Tori CMOS) and is a really interesting read. i just happened to come across it while looking for other books that are apparently impossible to find.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

Jimmy Carter is the last one with neither confirmation of receipt nor confirmation of shipment.

King Diamond has received their gift but has not posted it.

OSI confirmed receipt and should post today or tomorrow.

a yosmas miracle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Elder Postsman posted:

oh good! it's been recommended here a lot (mostly by my Good Friend Tori CMOS) and is a really interesting read. i just happened to come across it while looking for other books that are apparently impossible to find.

thanks again for the gift, i love drinking and getting mad about cars

burning swine
May 26, 2004

lol @ yosbox reuse

efficient and eco-friendly here in the 'pos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

i'm drinking the peanut butter porter now, and it is indeed extremely good.

yeah, it's really good! thanks again dur!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

lol @ yosbox reuse

efficient and eco-friendly here in the 'pos

i totally sent mine in the box my yosgift came in this year too.

• Locked thread