Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That featherbrain trollop better stay away from Antonio.

B, I think that's in character.

Widely known biology fact: Every zoologist is into wierd kinky poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Outrail posted:

That featherbrain trollop better stay away from Antonio.

B, I think that's in character.

Widely known biology fact: Every zoologist is into wierd kinky poo poo.

:parrot:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Well, marine biologists anyway. I sat in on a bunch of thesis overview presentations and every single project was 'how do these cuttlefish mate', 'indicence of multiple partner sexual activity in seahorses' or 'checkout this octopus loving a rubber cup'.

Botanists are just sexually repressed horndog perverts.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

There was an update on the previous page... but if there are no more votes today I'll write the update tomorrow-ish. :)

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

You're never fully dressed without a smile...
A :colbert:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: A&B votes cancel each other out :siren:

“Totally busted,” said Marcelo, not unkindly. “Come on.”

Aimee looked uncertainly at the others, her sign drooping. “Okay…” Susie reached over and took her poster, holding it out at arms length and turning toward the front of the crowd.

“No,” said Jenn, popping a hip as she held up a finger. “No, we aren’t going anywhere. We’re practically adults, Marcelo!”

“We’re staying,” said Scott, running his hand through his own hair, as if seeing Marcelo do it had triggered his deep seated bad-hair fears. “Activism is important. We have to be involved, or we’re just letting all this happen to us.”

Marcelo raised his eyebrows. “Anna will kill me if I let you stay.” He pierced Ronnie with a gaze he must have been perfecting in seminary, a holy plea free of guile, his warm brown eyes radiating trustworthiness and truth. “You -”

“- can stay, but I’m not leaving you,” interrupted Susie, finishing his sentence. Anna’s brother blinked, thrown off by hearing his words in her mouth. She turned toward the others, finding everyone’s eyes on her. “We’ll be okay.”

“See?” said Jenn. “Susie says we’re going to be fine.” She raised her own poster and turned her back on the priest-in-training.

“I’m tempted to make you leave anyway,” said Marcelo.

“Resist temptation,” said Susie softly, so only Aimee could hear her. The purple girl looked up at the blonde, and then back to the energetic crowd around them. Up front, the organizers were talking through a megaphone, but it was still hard to hear them. The march was starting.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: Front of the March :siren:

They were stretched too thinly. He’d had to make the call - stay together, or spread out through the crowd - and now that everyone was in place he was sure they should have stayed together. Coordinating everyone fell to Intercept, and while the guy did a great job usually, this was a huge mass of people. MLM had been expecting a few hundred, but the estimate Intercept had fed him was in the thousands. The march was going to be a success. No one would be able to say it failed from a low turnout, at least.

Eel rubbed the fingers of his right hand together, electricity sparking between them. If only his power was stronger. Being a human taser was useful, but only in close quarters. He caught sight of Spectrum on the other side of the crowd, blinking as she scanned the people and their surroundings with her powers. Did seeing in the x-ray spectrum mean she could see through things? She’d never really answered the question when Squib had asked her - though that probably had more to do with Squib’s inartful pick up line than any desire to hide the truth.

”Kids were found,” said Intercept over the comm. ”Looks like they’re not leaving.”

Eel nodded, then gave his button cam a thumbs up as he walked. “And the cops?”

”There’s a big contingent of them in riot gear blocking the easiest way to the freeway from your route. Just regular LAPD officers, though.”

“Comforting,” muttered Eel, grabbing a lightpole and standing on its base, looking back over the protestors as they continued to move forward. So many people - each one a possible plant from the opposition. No, that was a paranoid thought. Or was it? The NorDicks were agitators, and they wanted the Genetic Protection Diversity Act passed. It was in the process of being voted on in the legislature in Sacramento at this very moment.

Earth for the mutants was their end goal, but it was a world that would be born out of fire. Jane was sure the cost would be too great. Jane had also been held captive by them for days. Who knows what they did to her? Eel shook his head lightly, dropping down to the ground and rejoining the march. He wasn’t comfortable with how paranoia seemed to be taking over his thoughts.

“We will stay and we will fight, mutants rights are human rights!” Whoever was coming up with the chants needed to work on it. Eel kept walking with everyone else, his lips tightened into a thin line.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: Meanwhile, back at the ranch dilapidated mansion... :siren:

You check the clock. Is it just you, or is this march already stretching on too long? Billy has moved through the crowd until he has the Redencion House kids in sight, though they have Marcelo, and now Antonio with them as well. Between the two brothers and their own abilities, they will be okay if anything goes down. In theory, anyway.

“Do you want anything to eat?” you ask Intercept. He shakes his head, and you push back your chair, getting ready to walk up to the kitchen.

“What’s this?” mutters Intercept, and you sit back down, adrenaline suddenly pumping as you see something rolling down the streets of LA.

“What the hell is that thing?” You clench a hand into a fist, knuckles creaking under the strain as strength floods your body. “That’s not LAPD… is it?”

“No, no it’s not.” Intercept is barely moving he’s concentrating so hard, and suddenly an overlay of images flips onto the screen that shows the tank, or whatever it is. You blink, realizing that they are pictures that you took while in the desert at Haven’s base.

“Looks like it’s outfitted with tranquilizers,” says Intercept, jabbing a finger at the screen as your old picture disappears. “Or at least, rounds that serve the same purpose.”

“Deadlight,” you say darkly, assuming probably correctly that Haven is ready to use the same tactics they deployed at the last rally. “Tell Eel this thing is coming up behind them. He should -

A. - get our people out of there as soon as possible.”
B - try to end the march and get everyone out of there.”
C. - tell Billy to get the kids out of there right away.”
D. - all of the above!
E. None of the above! Tell him to keep on with the plan and we’ll update him when we have a better idea what Haven is up to.
F. Write in

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 7, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Ruh roh

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

C+F. Leak those images to every major media outlet

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hexenritter posted:

C+F. Leak those images to every major media outlet

Mutant leaks new Robocop movie!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

my dad posted:

Mutant leaks new Robocop movie!

Ha, yeah the general public won't believe those till they see them on the street.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

In case you're wondering, the tank/robot/thingy is about twice as tall as a normal human. So, close to 12'.

It is moving slowly down the street toward MacArthur Park, with a squad of six people around it. The park is full of people for the march, but is slowly emptying in the other direction as people take to the streets.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

oh dear. Definitely leak images of that poo poo, "military hardware deployed in response to peaceful protest" and such

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Can Intercept hack the robot and then use it to "subdue" its handlers?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Can Intercept hack the robot and then use it to "subdue" its handlers?

You ask Intercept if he can hack the robot, if it is a robot. He frowns. "It's a closed system. Either there's someone inside it, operating it, or I'd have to be..." he trails off, his eyes glazing over a bit. You snap your fingers in front of his face, and he starts. "It is transmitting data out on a heavily encrypted signal. I might be able to piggyback that and ..."

You watch Intercept fade out again, staring blankly at the screens in front of him. Is this normal? You haven't been around him for weeks, it's hard to say. It doesn't feel normal.

side vote:
Snap him out of it again
2. Let him do whatever it is he's doing

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
He's just surfing the net.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
He knows what he's doing 2.hes going to go off the deep end one anyway might as well go now if that's what it is.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

C, 2

Can Eel fry electronic circuits?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

theroachman posted:

C, 2

Can Eel fry electronic circuits?

He was just bemoaning the magnitude of his power and that thing is probably hardened/shielded against EMPs because it's a mutant pacification/eradication weapon. We can hope, though.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

D, plus have Intercept send out that info across all the social media anyone at the rally might be using, and the press with the spin of Haven Harvester at Peaceful Mutant Rally, get out in front

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Toughy posted:

D, plus have Intercept send out that info across all the social media anyone at the rally might be using, and the press with the spin of Haven Harvester at Peaceful Mutant Rally, get out in front

I wonder what affect finding out there's some sort of unknown tank at your heels will have on a large crowd? Hmmm....

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

hollylolly posted:

I wonder what affect finding out there's some sort of unknown tank at your heels will have on a large crowd? Hmmm....

There's no way to quietly and quickly disperse a crowd that size, even if we had the podium and everyone's ears it would be the same result. At least give them a chance to run, even if it's a panicked chance

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
C

Run!

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

He was just bemoaning the magnitude of his power and that thing is probably hardened/shielded against EMPs because it's a mutant pacification/eradication weapon. We can hope, though.

Darned you're right. I was hoping for something like this https://youtu.be/hIkNY5xjy5k

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We need to start getting creative with power usage.

Do we have anyone that can dig a big trench really quickly?

Is the tank or it's guards wearing government issued insignia or are they unmarked? Coz If they're unmarked they're going to get pasted one way or another.

Also, Jane on Deadlight would be pretty epic. We need a bulletproof helmet and spine/torso armor.

theroachman
Sep 1, 2006

Yeah we do have such a guy. He smells like rear end though

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

theroachman posted:

Yeah we do have such a guy. He smells like rear end though

Yeah, I'm just wondering if he can dig fast enough to topple the thing. Can he go underground like a giant mole and undermine it while being protected the dirt above him?

I guess what we really need is to teleport squib next to it so he can flick it with his finger and teleport out again. *BLAMO*

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

“Deadlight,” you say darkly, assuming probably correctly that Haven is ready to use the same tactics they deployed at the last rally. “Tell Eel this thing is coming up behind them. He should tell Billy to get the kids out of there right away.”

Intercept does as you ask, and then zones out while looking for a way to hack into the machine. You decide to let him keep doing whatever it is he’s doing, even though it is more than a little weird. You sit in awkward silence while you watch Billy shoulder his way through the crowd to where ‘Tonio, Marcelo, and the kids are walking. They are near the back of the march, shuffling their way through the park to where the protestors are spilling into the street.

Everything is peaceful so far. The LAPD is sitting back and watching the march - MLM was careful to get all the appropriate permits and planned a route that will end in front of a federal building. They are petitioning the federal government to recognize the GDPA as unconstitutional, but you don’t think it’s likely anything will be done. You’re cynical like that.

“The information it’s transmitting isn’t being picked up anywhere near here,” says Intercept suddenly, startling you. “If I had to guess, which I do, Haven is probably running it from Joshua Tree. Which means we’re talking satellites.”

“You can’t hack a satellite?” you ask, watching the machine roll up the street on the park. “Never mind, don’t bother explaining right now. I want pictures of that thing on social media right now.”

“Got it, boss.” A pause. Billy is talking to Marcelo; you can see the Redencion House group up close on his button cam. Susie is there, looking forward while everyone else starts looking over their shoulders. A Facebook Live video pops up on another screen, showing the robot and then zooming out and panning to the crowd walking the street.

“That was fast,” you say, and then Intercept enables the sound for you and a chryon pops up on the screen. LAPD TESTING NEW CROWD CONTROL VEHICLE.

” - and we’re being told this is purely a precautionary measure, an example of the partnership between the LAPD and Haven Inc. A so-called Sentinel for the street, on loan to the police department for today’s protest.”

“And it’s a crowd control device? It certainly looks… scary. I mean, let’s be blunt Ann, this isn’t a friendly looking vehicle.”

“It was developed by Haven for use in the Middle East, for non-lethal urban warfare. Subduing insurgents. Obviously it is here just as a last resort, but with so many angry mutants in the street I am sure the LAPD is happy to have the support.”

“So far everything is running smoothly and completely peacefully. No sign of the anarchist violence that has plagued similar protests in other parts of the state.”

“Let’s hope it stays that way, Joel.”

“They were already running this,” Intercept says. The back of the march is starting to look ragged as some agitators are hanging back, perhaps hoping for a confrontation with the police bringing up the rear. The kids would have to go that direction to get back to their cars.

“Is there a closeup of those people around it?” The word ‘sentinel’ is ringing in your ears. Didn’t Deimos just warn you about something like that this morning? Intercept shows you a video of the militarized group walking past an ATM. The Sentinel, or whatever it is, rolls past the screen following two LAPD officers in riot gear, looking passively deadly. Then comes four more people - two are LAPD officers, two are in the blank black uniforms you have come to associate with Haven.

“poo poo,” you say. The video is poor quality, but you can see a flash of red hair under the helmet of one of the Haven people. “Is that Vigilante?”

1. What do you tell Billy regarding the Redencion House kids?
A.
Have Billy try to take the kids perpendicular to the march, a long way out of the way, but clear of any danger.
B. Advise Billy to push the kids up through the march - it loops around and they will eventually have a shorter trip to the car, plus the benefit of being surrounded by people.
C. Don’t give Billy any directional advice. They will most likely head back the way they came and run into the Sentinel.

2. Any orders for the rest of your people at the march? As a reminder Squib, Eel, Billy, Hot Sauce (who even I had forgotten about) and Spectrum are there. Wildfire, Digger, and Intercept are at the house with you.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
B

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

If I get some votes I'll probably update tomorrow or maybe even TONIGHT. :toot:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Noone there can do anything useful. Get them out. Can't do a proper vote now. If intercept can hack it, disable the weapons but otherwise let it run as programmed.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Outrail posted:

Noone there can do anything useful. Get them out. Can't do a proper vote now. If intercept can hack it, alter it to see police and Haven men as priority mutants but otherwise let it run as programmed.

ftfy

this

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So make it act like the buggy Robocop replacements?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Not voting for that but lol. What was the effect of darklight on non mutants?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Outrail posted:

Not voting for that but lol. What was the effect of darklight on non mutants?

It doesn't do anything to non-mutants that you're aware of.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

hollylolly posted:

It doesn't do anything to non-mutants that you're aware of.

Uh huh

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: ANTONIO :siren:

He’d managed to extract Bethany’s phone number from her (she’d called herself from his phone), but she quickly found her friends when they reached the protest. Or march. Or parade. “There are a LOT of people here,” he said to Marcelo, who looked pretty pissed off for a priest-in-training.

Antonio looked from his older brother to the kids, and then back again. “Looks like I missed something.” The crowd was moving, and Scott and Jenn stubbornly walked forward, forcing the little group to keep pace or lose them. Aimee looked mortified, Ronnie was apologetic, and Susie was… Susie.

A mutant with big curling horns like a ram was elbowing his way through the park toward them. Antonio grinned as he recognized Billy. Hard to forget a guy who appeared in one’s backyard and headbutted a Locos off of Susie. Now that had been a crazy night. “What’s up amigo?” he called, greeting Billy with a handshake and a clap on the back.

“There’s trouble coming up the street.” Billy had a soft, raspy voice, at odds with his appearance. “I’m going to help you get the kids out of here.”

“What kind of trouble?” asked Marcelo.

“Some sort of machine.” Billy held out his phone, showing a picture of a futuristic tank of some kind. Antonio whistled.

“That is the craziest thing I’ve ever seen!” He stood on his toes and looked back, but couldn’t see anything. “You think it’s going to move in? Like the last rally?” Antonio looked around, glad that Rebecca wasn’t with them again, but suddenly wondering how the other kids would react if hit with a dose of the bad stuff. Would they even be able to find Scott if his camouflage got supercharged? What would an overactive mimic even be like?

He looked down at his own hands, flexing them as Marcelo spoke. “I can carry a few people out to the van, but I’m not exceptionally strong. Just… fast.”

Billy sized him up as they continued to walk slowly forward with the crowd, slowly getting closer to the edge. “How fast? Like a speeding bullet?”

“Faster,” interrupted Antonio. “Should we hit this tank thing?” He touched the small piece of steel in his pocket, and his hand and then arm began to transform into metal.

Paz, hermano, they haven’t done anything yet,” Marcelo cautioned. “If people break the law and are taken into custody and the thing is used lawfully then we should stay out of it.”

Or, thought Antonio, we could just smash the hell out of it just to be safe. “Okay,” he said out loud. “Let’s get moving then.” He took Susie’s hand, and the girl looked up at him sharply. It was hard to remember that they were practically the same age.

“We aren’t going to get far enough,” she said, her blue eyes clear.

Antonio felt the hairs on his arms stand on end. “Far enough from what?”

“I...I don’t know.”

Do you want to ask anyone to do something to the tank/thoughts on escape plans/??? or should we just press play and see what happens?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Plan #Hacktivism

Have Intercept hack the city to redirect traffic flow of the city to slow down the cops/haven as much as possible. Bring up all the bollards/street barriers he can find in as many annoying places as is possible. Fake other emergencies elsewhere in town where police would have to be sent, but not ambulances or firetrucks. Spam social media to get every other activist group riled up and ready to protest something, anything! Have them all converge at the same place far away from the mutant protest. Even if there wasn't a riot to begin with and all our messages our fake, that many angry people in one place is sure to start something.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't that tip off that we have an Internet-master mutant? If they realise Intercept exists then they could start actively countering him.

• Locked thread