Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Woof Woof.

(Hello friends.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
##vote slamburger

two doctors why not

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Confirming I am replacing in. Also confirming I am not scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

IllegallySober posted:

Confirming I am replacing in. Also confirming I am not scum.

prove it

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

sure, let me just post my role PM real quick

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

sure, let me just post my role PM real quick

This is the only way

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Going to complete a re-read hopefully by this evening. Someone want to give me a quick synopsis of where we are at so far?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Going to complete a re-read hopefully by this evening. Someone want to give me a quick synopsis of where we are at so far?

http://i.imgur.com/l4DTW9F.mp4

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I mean, that seems pretty accurate, I guess.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Slamburger posted:

but that is pretty weak tea.

I agree. I asked because if voting you was such a thing, there must've been a reason, and since I couldn't find any I was sure I was missing something. Turns out I'm not and people are being weird.

Infinitum posted:

D1 was pretty dire for all involved tbh. Lets refocus and actually get some poo poo done.

100yrs + Slamburger, as you were both the vote leaders heading into the final hour until deadline, what are your opinions on PMom? Do you believe the counter-claim of 'doc' immediately as D2 begins when he could have said it yesterday when the focus was on me? Essentially ensuring the lynch?
I'm of the mind that it's a fakeclaim meant to continue the pressure from yesterday.

What are your thoughts of Ecco/Glowku throwing down a vote on Slamburger when the votes were going towards 100yrs, and basically ensuring we no lynched?

I figure I was vote leader since there wasn't much other choice going forward. I'm glad I survived and I guess I owe that to Ecco. I suppose that Ecco truly felt I am town and felt it would be a net loss and unhelpful to town to kill me right then and there. I think we have plenty of information out of that day despite no one dying and knowing full well I'm town, I think we've benefitted.

As for Pmom we have to take them at their word for the moment, though I'm willing to believe it's not a fakeclaim. There's bad blood there, but I don't think Pmom would put their interest over the win-con or the general enjoyment of the game. That would be, as you aptly noted, exactly what they deem you capable of doing, and ultimately incredibly hypocritical.
Also claiming that early in a game draws a big old target on your back. I'd personally claim under great duress (like last night), but I'd be coy otherwise if trying to get someone using role-provided information.

I'm more annoyed that Pmom is going to settle with you as a vote. It's possible they still find you scummy plus everything else, but I'd like to move on since it's tough to establish anything solid on you for the moment.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Generally speaking, there was a joke turbo on Infinitum that lead to a serious push to get him removed based on what seems mainly to be people's past histories with him. The thread was split between those that refused to not vote him out with a small few questioning the rush to vote him out as well as the fact that some people seemed to be hanging back.

The eventual vote leader (Me) arose out the questioning on the votes placed on Infinitum. I was deemed scummy by several players since I voted Infinitum at EccoRaven's behest despite not having any real feelings on the matter. And that's pretty much where the game stalled until the end of D1, with Infinitum still leading votes, myself 2nd, and a small contingent banding against slamburger for reasons he has explained. Eventually Infinitum claimed doc which wasn't sufficiently countered ending with a rush towards me but then we got a no-hang since the holdouts on Infinitum wouldn't switch over.

The arguments got pretty acrimonious at times but now that Ecco has left, it may calm down a bit. If I've missed anything please feel free to add.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you forgot to mention that slamburger was scum but all in all its an accurate if rather limited interpretation of d1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm more annoyed that Pmom is going to settle with you as a vote. It's possible they still find you scummy plus everything else, but I'd like to move on since it's tough to establish anything solid on you for the moment.

I'd really like to move past the dumb meta-bullshit that basically destroyed D1. I've apologised for my outburst at the end of D1 to Podima, and I'm not going to harp on about it.

I'm voting Pmom mainly for the way he's counter-claimed, which I'm suss on due to end of D1 shenanigans, plus him disappearing after making his 10 post minimum. Town needs to participate in the day so we can get accurate reads on everybody and see a nice cross-pattern of interactions to weed out the bad eggs.
That's impossible to do if people aren't participating.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I just wanna play mafs
and have lafs

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I'd really like to move past the dumb meta-bullshit that basically destroyed D1. I've apologised for my outburst at the end of D1 to Podima, and I'm not going to harp on about it.

I'm voting Pmom mainly for the way he's counter-claimed, which I'm suss on due to end of D1 shenanigans, plus him disappearing after making his 10 post minimum. Town needs to participate in the day so we can get accurate reads on everybody and see a nice cross-pattern of interactions to weed out the bad eggs.
That's impossible to do if people aren't participating.

you havent apologised to me

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

also who is totally impressed that i destroyed ecco despite all her threats to destroy me who is the ultimate power now it is chores i win chores #1

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

my favourite johan was taken from me tho rip

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

##vote CCKeane

Keane has only been marginally participatory, but he's clearly following and reading the thread. He strikes me as an interested player that's letting everyone else tear themselves apart. The only types to want that, would be scum plus he's not hunting for scum though he acts like he is.

He's quick to denounce the vote on Infinitum but then gives us this great equivocation allowing him to accept the vote on Infinitum but giving him an out later on:

CCKeane posted:

*flicks tail dismissively*

(I don't mind playing with Infi. If weight of the vote is against him, that's fine, but I don't really approve of eliminating somebody for reasons so far removing from alignment calls.)

One of this contentless content-like posts:

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

We're given a reasonable opinion with absolutely no follow up. It's somber who takes this up mostly and gets called as scum for ultimately deciding that it's scum preventing Infinitum from hanging.

Note he hasn't voted yet and he shows up to be around for the critical period at the end of D1. He comments on how the argument Ecco is giving Bastardly is unproductive, and later finds the doc claim interesting, which is strange since he never had voted for infinitum let alone anyone. Why would he particularly care what Inf claims if he's not going that way to begin with?

He finally votes Burger, on what seems to be Chores request, but never had Keane shown in inclination for Burger. He votes me in the end to avoid the no-execution stating he prefers burger (why?).

Keane never made any claims, kept to neutral fairly obvious commentary, and only showed up to vote just to vote despite clearly being around the whole game. He's hiding something. He's hiding the fact that he's scum!

CCKeane posted:

Bark bark fft

(Slasher hawke is a weird loving kill)

As an afterthought here we get Keane trying to get us to think about the NK, ultimately pointless WIFOM, again contributing without actually doing so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

got some chores tonight posted:

you havent apologised to me

I don't respect you enough :v:

my favourite johan was taken from me tho rip

I was going to mention at some point that there is probably scum/3P hiding amongst the Johans.
Or it could be Podima loving with us.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote CCKeane

Keane has only been marginally participatory, but he's clearly following and reading the thread. He strikes me as an interested player that's letting everyone else tear themselves apart. The only types to want that, would be scum plus he's not hunting for scum though he acts like he is.

He's quick to denounce the vote on Infinitum but then gives us this great equivocation allowing him to accept the vote on Infinitum but giving him an out later on:

We're given a reasonable opinion with absolutely no follow up. It's somber who takes this up mostly and gets called as scum for ultimately deciding that it's scum preventing Infinitum from hanging.

Note he hasn't voted yet and he shows up to be around for the critical period at the end of D1. He comments on how the argument Ecco is giving Bastardly is unproductive, and later finds the doc claim interesting, which is strange since he never had voted for infinitum let alone anyone. Why would he particularly care what Inf claims if he's not going that way to begin with?

He finally votes Burger, on what seems to be Chores request, but never had Keane shown in inclination for Burger. He votes me in the end to avoid the no-execution stating he prefers burger (why?).

Keane never made any claims, kept to neutral fairly obvious commentary, and only showed up to vote just to vote despite clearly being around the whole game. He's hiding something. He's hiding the fact that he's scum!

As an afterthought here we get Keane trying to get us to think about the NK, ultimately pointless WIFOM, again contributing without actually doing so.

I agree with this post but i dont think going after keane resolves anything else

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

no poo poo among any four players theres probably a scum thats how mafia works

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

I agree with this post but i dont think going after keane resolves anything else

Why isn't it worth going after CCKeane? :nyoron:

no poo poo among any four players theres probably a scum thats how mafia works

Lucky for us we're down to 3 Johans! As I said it might be worth a look, or it might be a false-positive Pod put in there to gently caress with us.

I'm curious if the remaining Johans had any flavour indication that Slasher Hawke was a Vampire Viking

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote CCKeane

Arf arf

*rolls over, exposing adorable belly*

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Keane bark once for a PR

bark twice if you love me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's less embarrassing for all parties if we pretend D1 didn't happen

wrt today's counterclaims I see no reason to trust either party given the fact playing the game is clearly lagging behind personal preferences

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

wrt today's counterclaims I see no reason to trust either party given the fact playing the game is clearly lagging behind personal preferences

i agree w/ jonathan fisk which makes me suspect that he is scum alas

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Do you mean that he'd be low-information or something? And so what? The only way going after one of the more loaded players is useful is if they flip scum, which is still not guaranteed. This is still D1 in the sense we have no additional information despite long arguing.

I'd rather go after someone who I feel sure is scum than killing a maybe-scum in hopes to turn up more information on maybe-scum. We can always do that later.

CCKeane posted:

Arf arf

*rolls over, exposing adorable belly*

Cats are generally not fond of belly rubs. Just another lie my fluffy friend.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yep

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Keane bark once for a PR

bark twice if you love me

Bark Bark Bark.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do you mean that he'd be low-information or something? And so what? The only way going after one of the more loaded players is useful is if they flip scum, which is still not guaranteed. This is still D1 in the sense we have no additional information despite long arguing.

I'd rather go after someone who I feel sure is scum than killing a maybe-scum in hopes to turn up more information on maybe-scum. We can always do that later.

Yeah I guess im getting tunnel vision.

##unvote

Re: inf vs pmom

Did either of them claim their targets?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanting to know who to kill tonight eh?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Wanting to know who to kill tonight eh?

Nope

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Moatillata posted:

Yeah I guess im getting tunnel vision.

##unvote

Re: inf vs pmom

Did either of them claim their targets?

I was going to but got spooked by Glowku telling me

Mayor Glowku posted:

Who did you doc last night and why, careful on your answer.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was going to but got spooked by Glowku telling me

It was a p scary post

Im glad youre ok now

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Keane's a dog though...

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

also who is totally impressed that i destroyed ecco despite all her threats to destroy me who is the ultimate power now it is chores i win chores #1

You've only created a much stronger opponent.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Get spooked! Still wanna know who you doc'd last night tho

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Have you ever eaten a cat before? Keane?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Mayor Glowku posted:

You've only created a much stronger opponent.

are we destined to duel or will an uneasy peace settle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

are we destined to duel or will an uneasy peace settle

I was really hoping more of a starlit confrontation ending in romance

• Locked thread