Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

tjones posted:

People gripping their dicks hard is why they invented pillow tops.

So you put the pillow top over your dick?

tjones posted:

Soft mattresses wear out quicker.

only because of portly mothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

So you put the pillow top over your dick?

Only when I'm two strokin'

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I prefer to use hard mattresses at first, so they last longer, then pit very late and switch to a soft mattress, making up the time in the later analogies that just fall apart

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

dema posted:

My cheap heated grips are hella hard. Did a 300 mile ride today and my hands were DONE. The warmth for the first hour in the morning was real nice though.

Where is this one taken?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Looks kinda like the ridges above Muir Woods and Stinson Beach. The second picture from the Marin Headlands would suggest the same.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yeah, Ridgecrest Blvd. Super scenic and fun riding.

Note, the north end, the road splits. One side going down to hey 1. The other, Alpine Dam. Both are fun but quite technical. More fun on my Street Triple than my CBR.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

robotsinmyhead posted:

Before and After - Low mount exhaust + fender delete looks really good.

Now to tackle those mirrors :rolldice:

Digging this up because it owns and the rim strips own and we need more groms in here. How do you normally use yours?

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

My bieks:

1420 cc's, 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 bikes, one shaft :hitler: and one chain :japan:

Both bikes have :yarr: R at the beginning and end of their names (R1200R, WR250R), and have gold :whatup: forks.

Light updates so far. RAM mounts for phones on both. Factory top/side cases, Akra slipon, cylinder guards and mudflap a on the old man bike. The WRR will be getting a tail tidy, bash plate, handgaurds, bigger tank, fmf pipe/header and some sumo wheels eventually.

I am a conflicted but content bike owner. An old man slow big naked dressed up like a boy racer, and a stock dual sport. :negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I like your BMW and I think I might be in the minority for thinking they handle absolutely marvellously and that on public roads they're faster in the corners than sportbikes. So much confidence.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Because I'm lazy, it's taken me a week to finally get around to uploading the photos from my road trip last weekend. Tomb Sweeping Day + Children's Day = 4 day weekend where I get to ride down to one of the popular national parks. Amost 600km put on this trip, most important lesson learned is to strap my backpack to the pillion rather than trying to wear it. Between traffic and mountain roads, the first leg of about 240km took about 7 hours to complete (including stops along the way). The drive back had less stops (was only about 210 km as well) and still took about 5 hours to do. Shoulders hurt more than my butt. Otherwise, here's the glamour shots:

First stop, the easternmost point on the island:

That last one is "Tofu Rock". Looked about as edible as normal tofu.

The goal of the trip:

Somewhere on the road in between:

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I like your BMW and I think I might be in the minority for thinking they handle absolutely marvellously and that on public roads they're faster in the corners than sportbikes. So much confidence.

I was joking a bit but yes, it is a very good bike, and you're dead on with the confidence. The electronic suspension is amazing, and it looks so much better without the telelever front. For a fairly big and fast bike it is incredibly easy to maneuver and stay smooth on at any speed.

Cruise control, heated grips, and top/side cases lets it eat highway miles just fine with about a 200 mile range. The liquid cooled boxer is just a :o: engine, gobs of torque. The roadster is just different enough than all the GSs and RTs that are out there too that I don't feel too much like an ADVrider graybeard, while still accepting that as a likely future.

The RS version that also recently came out is pretty rad too- sportier fairing and more leaned ergonomics.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

YF19pilot posted:

lovely coastal scenery

Every time a post like this is made I'm reminded just how much I need to get the gently caress out of flyover country

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jazzzzz posted:

Every time a post like this is made I'm reminded just how much I need to get the gently caress out of flyover country

ikr, the most spectacular scenery near me is Beckton Alps:

For reference, this is the extravagantly-toxic (but allegedly sealed) spoil heap from Beckton Gas Works.

Mind you just around the corner, and part of the aforementioned Gas Works, is a little section of Hanoi:

All of the in-country bits of Full Metal Jacket were filmed in Beckton because Kubrick refused to leave the UK. Almost all of it is now gone but that bit (used for the tank battle) and the old administration building, used for the battle with the sniper, have unaccountably not been swept away in the massive redevelopment of the area.

(Actually I'm heading out tomorrow, I'll have to see if they ever got round to closing up the entrance to that bit and see if I can get some pics of the Monster in sniper country)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Thus begins my 2 wheeled adventures:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

ilkhan posted:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

The new livery is pretty slick looking. Fender delete asap

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

Looks sharp; enjoy and stay safe!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

ilkhan posted:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

Grats, glad you decided to start small afterall.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ilkhan posted:

Ninja300 ABS/KRT

Good choice as other goons have already said. Looks sharp!

Some really good images in here, seeing and hearing about the rides and scenery are nice.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

don't delete your fender unless you never ride in the rain

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

Grats, glad you decided to start small afterall.
I was never gonna start on a 600. The choice between a 650 and a 300 was basically made by cost and insurance, though I was leaning small anyway once I did more research than "hi guys!"

A MIRACLE posted:

Speaking of which...

It was only about 1.5-2 miles. In the rain. But yeah, I'm gonna enjoy the poo poo out of this bike.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

Why on earth would you even want to take it off of a fully-faired bike even if you only rode in the dry? It'd just look weird as gently caress.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Why on earth would you even want to take it off of a fully-faired bike even if you only rode in the dry? It'd just look weird as gently caress.

its a fashion thing perpetuated by online sportbike communities. seems to be more popular with starter bikes. i don't really understand it

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I think we are talking about the rear fender, "vestigial tail", rather than the front fender. Removing that makes the bike look better, because it was never designed with DOT standards in mind.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

And then the clouds parted...

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Coydog posted:

I think we are talking about the rear fender, "vestigial tail", rather than the front fender. Removing that makes the bike look better, because it was never designed with DOT standards in mind.

I'm on board with the floating tail fender design like on the newer fz 09s

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I think that's probably also a useful addition, because my fz loves get rocks all over the seat.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That Ninja 300 looks great. Kawasaki green is such a good color for a bike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm on board with the floating tail fender design like on the newer fz 09s

It really is the best, least visually obtrusive place to stick the plate on short tailed bikes.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Coydog posted:

I don't know how anyone sane could argue this doesn't look a million times better:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Razzled posted:

I don't know how anyone sane could argue this doesn't look a million times better:

Moto goons are retarded / are gigantic vaginas

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It looks about 10% better. The bike is not exactly a Jaguar XKE with beautiful unified shapes. Having a weird thing hanging off the tail that's slightly longer than the weird thing (license plate) still hanging off the tail to go along with all the other weird shapes on it is not that weird.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The bike is not exactly a Jaguar XKE with beautiful unified shapes

:colbert:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

I too spend all my time looking at the back of my bike. Nice lack of turn signals there, too.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Redonkulous. butt dyno doesnt notice much of a power difference either.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

On a thumper I owned, the previous owner had deleted the rear fender. Within 1-2 years of riding, my license plate 1. was uppercut from below by the rear tire from suspension action, folding it in half 2. Sheared off of its mounting tabs, due to the undampened vibration.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I know that bike is goon-approved, but it will never not look like it was designed by a civil engineer who never rode a bike.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

It does, until you realize the winter rain/road spray/gravel is working its way into all the electrics in the tail and the brake light and the back of your jacket. Fenders are practical, which makes them cool.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Fenders are like motorcycle pocket protectors you nerds

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I installed the GT hugger and reinstalled the fender thing that sits behind the rear tire on my Multistrada today because I'm tired of cleaning poo poo off the back of my bike from riding up and down a wet gravel driveway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Coydog posted:

Digging this up because it owns and the rim strips own and we need more groms in here. How do you normally use yours?

I live in a small town, and AFAIK, no one else has one and it's not that much fun - Grom gangs seem like they'd be a riot. I think I'm eventually gonna put some dual sport/sumo tires on it so it's a bit more capable offroad.