Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, do you have anything to add to the case against me other than a "me too"?

*shakes head no.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
im just going back on slamburger ##vote slamburger even tho inf will probably be lynched but im hoping slamburger dies

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

inf is definitely scum tho if he were town he wouldve full claimed d1 like he is so insistent d1 lynch nominees do instead of just going "ECCO PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR ME" and then dribbling out an amorphous claim for 2 days

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

he went from "oh im the doctor - my flavour was that i was the doctor on the ship before i was shipwrecked" to "oh im the seraph knight - i guess im an angel" come on that is so fake

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

plus i have other tech reasons to know why hes scum but trust me hes 100% scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im still voting slamburger tho even tho he made a not so bad case against infi for choresian reasons

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Chores are you a Lyncher, you can tell us.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

"This is beyond objecting to a vote you felt would hit an honest crewman; you were actively discouraging the vote and actively encouraging people to vote elsewhere. You may not have felt the case on Slamburger but you also worked very hard to see him escape the diving contest. Do you know something about him that the rest of us don't?"

I worked hard to save Slamburger from the dunk D1 because I truly believed it was the wrong dunk. I have no information or knowledge other than the complete lack of solid casing to support a Slamburger dunk at that time. I understand how that could look bad if Slamburger flips scum in the future and I'll do my best to prove my innocence if that comes to pass.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Slamburger posted:

Chores are you a Lyncher, you can tell us.

yes im town lyncher if i lynch you i become a hypercharger so for the good of town, you must vote for yourself

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TNL is one hundo p scum too. Case d3 if I survive the night.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I understand how that could look bad if Slamburger flips scum in the future and I'll do my best to prove my innocence if that comes to pass.

You're good, I'm town :sun:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

thatd be concerning

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why wait? This is just a weird post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Slamburger posted:

Why wait? This is just a weird post.

Because effort, and because I'm not moving my vote today so what's the point.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
How are there still 23 hours in this day

gently caress scum for killong birb

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit 22

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Because the rest of you (with the exception of maybe keane) are insufferable

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Moatillata posted:

Because the rest of you (with the exception of maybe keane) are insufferable

Pretty rude imo. I'm trying hard here

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Mayor Glowku posted:

Pretty rude imo. I'm trying hard here

https://youtu.be/Vmn9asN-8AE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I feel like I lost whatever thread I had on this game.

the trickle-claim is bad. i'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, but by the same token i've never considered inf a rational actor. in theory i'm willing to accept the presence of two protective roles in a game, i just don't get why pin OR inf played their claims the way they did. irrational play isn't necessarily scummy play though.

i dunno, i need to reread and take some notes.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Freaking me the gently caress out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just checkin in real quick to say I've had IRL stuff to deal with for like the last day, but should be back later for a proper thread catchup after I have a nap/sleep

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

I feel like I lost whatever thread I had on this game.

the trickle-claim is bad. i'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, but by the same token i've never considered inf a rational actor. in theory i'm willing to accept the presence of two protective roles in a game, i just don't get why pin OR inf played their claims the way they did. irrational play isn't necessarily scummy play though.

i dunno, i need to reread and take some notes.

I hear you. I need to look over the players as well. I'll have the chance to do so tonight comfortably enough. My opinion on Keane hasn't changed, but there's stuff to consider on others.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I've decided, after looking over the last few pages, that Glowku's fixation on Pmom's N1 target is bad, baffling, but not ultimately scummy. His frustration felt real when Pmom didn't reveal his target. What he thought he could do with that info was beyond me, but I'm willing to believe that he had some idea.

I'm not saying I agree with his reasoning, though, because I don't.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Flying Leatherman posted:

I've decided, after looking over the last few pages, that Glowku's fixation on Pmom's N1 target is bad, baffling, but not ultimately scummy. His frustration felt real when Pmom didn't reveal his target. What he thought he could do with that info was beyond me, but I'm willing to believe that he had some idea.

I'm not saying I agree with his reasoning, though, because I don't.

It is for sure the combination of everything he said. Not to mention he has claimed he has a case on someone but won't share it out of laziness and might share it tomorrow if he survives. Ultimately anti-town, and dickish.

I don't think it's too far fetched that pmom is lying about role just to get infi murdered.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

It is for sure the combination of everything he said. Not to mention he has claimed he has a case on someone but won't share it out of laziness and might share it tomorrow if he survives. Ultimately anti-town, and dickish.

I don't think it's too far fetched that pmom is lying about role just to get infi murdered.

Do you think he's scum or just being antitown?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Flying Leatherman posted:

Do you think he's scum or just being antitown?

At the beginning of the day I thought town. I'm not convinced of his claim anymore, he's unhelpful and distracting. He's soft claimed he can't doc the same person twice in a row but says his action failed. Why would it matter sharing it then? It's less about who it is now, and more about why he won't share it tbh.

Seems scummy but I'm not sure which way to take it

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Thinking it over I could totally see him as a lyncher with his target being infi

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

At the beginning of the day I thought town. I'm not convinced of his claim anymore, he's unhelpful and distracting. He's soft claimed he can't doc the same person twice in a row but says his action failed. Why would it matter sharing it then? It's less about who it is now, and more about why he won't share it tbh.

Seems scummy but I'm not sure which way to take it

Do you really see any tangible benefit to claiming a target on a night that you were roleblocked? This goes back to what a few players, including myself, have already said. I don't see being cagey about this as a scum tell from Pmom; I see it as him basically posting the equivalent of a gigantic in-thread eyeroll.

Do you think scum would make themselves this visible this early in the game?

If you aren't sure which way to take it, why did you explicitly call him scum?

Preview edit:

Mayor Glowku posted:

Thinking it over I could totally see him as a lyncher with his target being infi
I'm not sure I buy it, but it makes more logical sense than him as scum in my mind. At the end of the day, though, I find the counterclaim scenario more plausible than a lyncher.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I called him scum because he was being an rear end hole and he was intentionally antagonizing me.

On the same note instead of being a complete dick, why not just share who he tried to doc? It gives us insight into who he thinks would be town, albeit it's only night one but still. I get the "why", how come no one is on my side (except zzyzx) for the "why not"? Literally it has no negative consequences

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

And yes I think scum would make themselves visible, especially if we just blindly believe a counterclaim. If we believe he's town doctor most people will overlook him for scum. There's tons of scenarios that this could be, but I'm not about to blindly believe an abusive player

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

shut the gently caress up you moron

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

got some chores tonight posted:

shut the gently caress up you moron

Yes sir sorry sir

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i am the law

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Law don't go around here lawdog

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ruff.

(In the sense that you're frequently uncomfortably turgid to the dismay of common people, sure.)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching up now.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

PMom is always very analytical about claims and the value of information so I don't care at all if he wants to withhold his target. I can't believe people are spending so much time talking about it (this post included).

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

amazing that even after glowku said he'd stop interacting with me, his posting is still 100% about the same narrow point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Law don't go around here lawdog

Hal who are the scum?

More broadly, there are bunch of players in this game that haven't taken much of a stance on anything D2, or did so very narrowly. I know it was the weekend, but its deadline day. From most scummy to least scummy:

FL: Has been posting and discussing the day, but hasn't really made any scum calls or put any pressure on. The only stance he's taken was "I think one of (Inf) or Pmom is probably lying." but didn't vote. He then kind of chipped around the edges of the Glowku/PMom thing.

Mr.F: Had a one liner on Pmom "I have reason to not believe pmom" and voted him. Hasn't posted anything else of substance since.

Somber: Said he lost the thread on the game and was going to re-read.

:justpost: and then vote Inf

• Locked thread