Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

So to confirm, you are encouraging me and Added to also use our powers?

I'm not sure if it should be encouraged, withholding those Necro abilities also is a fine choice and the one I would personally make if I had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
it would be much smarter for any town aligned vig to use their kill on you rather than help the scum team.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Raeg posted:

This is very true. Thinking on it.

Beserk: tpink

vote: Yorkshire Tea

Berserked by someone who can't even spell it, what a world. :cripes:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, he should have it all already since he claims to have gotten it as well.

Check my posts, I laid out all the abilities.

I mean we're 80% sure what the scope of poison and doom are, I just want confirmation.

Yeah thinking about it more fog is anti-town.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Like seriously, I just want you to die because of how goddamn angry you get over Mafia.

But to be clear.

I think D1 vigs are pointless because the pushes are rarely meaningful and the flips rarely say anything.

I think my own kills have a point because they allow me to confirm thoughts that I personally have.

They're different things.

So you're not working with your team, which is presumably the town. Are you 3P? Do you know the difference between a vig and a lynch? How can you say that a flip says nothing? If we flip someone then we can learn from who voted on that flip and from player interactions. That is how mafia works. It's not a game you play alone.

I'd also like to add that I am HYPER ANGRY and my RAGE will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

Check my posts, I laid out all the abilities.

I mean we're 80% sure what the scope of poison and doom are, I just want confirmation.

Yeah thinking about it more fog is anti-town.

no we are 100% sure what the scope of poison and doom are.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

tpink posted:

Berserked by someone who can't even spell it, what a world. :cripes:

This is the world we live in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not sure if it should be encouraged, withholding those Necro abilities also is a fine choice and the one I would personally make if I had it.

That doesn't seem consistent with your opinion that it's a neutral or positive power and that Kash is fine to keep using it/you aren't worried about voting him.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

you are known 3p, and therefore anti-town by default.

He said, after defending vigorously for 100 posts his god given right to use a plainly anti-town power JUST BECAUSE I HAVE TO OK.

Here's a wild proposition: how about the town focuses on looking for and lynching scum, since you can always take me out closer to endgame.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

And these are the hands we're given

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Use them and let's start BESERKING.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tpink posted:

He said, after defending vigorously for 100 posts his god given right to use a plainly anti-town power JUST BECAUSE I HAVE TO OK.

Here's a wild proposition: how about the town focuses on looking for and lynching scum, since you can always take me out closer to endgame.

Except they can kill you for free so they should kill you first.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
tpink, if you want to dodge heat start helping. Tell us your jobs and all the actions you've taken.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

That doesn't seem consistent with your opinion that it's a neutral or positive power and that Kash is fine to keep using it/you aren't worried about voting him.

It's a tough call. If the kills trade some town for scum it can easily be worth it. But depending on which town abilities it kills off, it could be real swingy. Losing a shot of daycop really stings, for instance. It's why I'd rather not use it if I had the choice. But I totally believe Kash would see it differently and choose otherwise as town. I also remember many players openly sharing his sentiment when they saw Tellah flip in FF4 with the Meteo ability.

Also, aren't Kash's death abilities all used up now?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I sikepped 500 posts what happen?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Little Mac posted:

3P favors 3P. They don't give a poo poo about town and you can't assume to know how they play. You say it's "useful to me" but that wording is telling. Knowing how they will act can help you achieve your wincon. What IS your wincon? You berserkered me because I pushed a lynch that lots of other people were pushing. Hell, Slasher Hawke literally called you an idiot for half the day. Your revenge claims are hollow.

You're scum.

I've played 3P before and my personal preference is to win with town, because participating in the game and actively looking for scum is more interesting than just trying to keep my head down and make it to the end. I can't coordinate with scum and playing anti-town with no mason scum chat is not as interesting. :shrug:

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Some dumbass vosited me last night. Who wants to confess and confirm their idiocy?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
tpink loses his Earth job!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Added Space posted:

tpink, if you want to dodge heat start helping. Tell us your jobs and all the actions you've taken.

I had Necromancer as my first job and didn't use it (see my comment above re tending to play as pro-town when I play 3P).

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Little Mac posted:

Also I'm town because what a dumb loving gambit claiming essentially vanilla town in a role madness game would be.

My water job was Ninja, btw.

I can confirm that this is what Ninja does.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

It's a tough call. If the kills trade some town for scum it can easily be worth it. But depending on which town abilities it kills off, it could be real swingy. Losing a shot of daycop really stings, for instance. It's why I'd rather not use it if I had the choice. But I totally believe Kash would see it differently and choose otherwise as town. I also remember many players openly sharing his sentiment when they saw Tellah flip in FF4 with the Meteo ability.

Also, aren't Kash's death abilities all used up now?

Yup, still leaving at least one anti town ability based on odds right now, frogging 40% of players. Whether or not bus driving everyone in the game is anti town or not depends somewhat on the abilities in play. If there are lots of information gathering roles, probably leans to the anti side. Mass Jailing 25% probably remains neutral.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I sikepped 500 posts what happen?

Kash poisoned a bunch of people yesterday/last night. Tonight he is outright killing another 6 to 7 in addition to the poison deaths.

But people think that's pro town and think that me and Added should also use our necromancer powers. And Kash should totally keep using his.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Should I kill kash or rage?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murder Kash IMO.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

It is Raeg tyvm, I am not an angry person

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Little Mac posted:

So you're not working with your team, which is presumably the town. Are you 3P? Do you know the difference between a vig and a lynch? How can you say that a flip says nothing? If we flip someone then we can learn from who voted on that flip and from player interactions. That is how mafia works. It's not a game you play alone.

I'd also like to add that I am HYPER ANGRY and my RAGE will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN.

I don't play mafia the way you play mafia.

When a game of mafia opens the only thing you know is your own alignment. Every person in the game could be lying to you and you have no idea. Mafia is about sifting through what other people say and making personal decisions about whether they are town or scum. It is fundamentally individual in its nature. I am playing as a town member but absent knowledge of people's alignments I am going to make a decision to murder x person because it gives me information that I can use to discern who is town with and start making plans accordingly.

A D1 flip says nothing and never has. The justifications are almost always completely ridiculous and about 70% of the time directed at Inf for the sin of saying poo poo in a Mafia game. When a D1 flip hits a scum player or leads to a scum player being found, tell me and I might change how I think, but I've not seen it happen yet.

Like gently caress it, I'm going to die, I'm going to flip town and nobody will have learnt anything because it was a stupid lynch.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Sophie's choice.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

If you kill Lmac you get a flip now.

If you kill kash you get a flip tonight.

I don't think you get a flip if you kill raeg.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I am pro Kash murder.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Raeg posted:

It is Raeg tyvm, I am not an angry person

I AM ##berserk raeg

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

tpink posted:

Sophie's choice.

Not a big Genesis fan?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You've never seen a day 1 hit scum before?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I AM ##berserk raeg

Wow. Rude.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This game is a mess lol

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

The Ninth Layer posted:

You've never seen a day 1 hit scum before?

Nope.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
raeg has lost his Fire job!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also I was trying to read this game while walking to the train and tripped and fell and am now covered in a bunch of scrapes and bloody cuts so I am mad at this game for existing

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Also I was trying to read this game while walking to the train and tripped and fell and am now covered in a bunch of scrapes and bloody cuts so I am mad at this game for existing

Same

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Kash poisoned a bunch of people yesterday/last night. Tonight he is outright killing another 6 to 7 in addition to the poison deaths.

But people think that's pro town and think that me and Added should also use our necromancer powers. And Kash should totally keep using his.

Did anyone actually say that? You seem to be pushing this a bit strangely, especially the bit where you made what sounded like a generic comment then acted like I was personally dodging a question of yours.

Is someone worried about me getting around to my spreadsheet? :buddy:

Oh but btw, if people wanna blow vig shots on Kash to play it safe that seems cool, just didn't seem like he was worth wasting the 4-kill lynch on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hi I dunno if I'm alive or not. signal is so poor I can't load the thread. been on 12 hours of planes so far today, 14 more to go. once I get where I'm going I'll be catching up if I'm still alive

• Locked thread