Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

MourningView posted:

Pretty sure both Arizona schools are gonna be serious trash this year

DJExile posted:

Yep. I get the feeling RichRod was already on a short leash and now there's a new AD. Graham is already really missing Mike Norvell and I doubt he's long for that job either.

Alright. Let's revise, then: Definitely lose to Washington and Stanford, probably lose to Utah, tossup with Nebraska, may lose to Wazzu, possible comedy option loss to Cal or Wyoming. I'm still thinking 8-4, but if it's 6-6, those're who else it'll be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

No you won't.

You'll live forever tormented knowing that Clemson won two titles since your last....and those titles were 35 years apart.

Only the super old fart UGA fans dislike Clemson; I was certainly rooting for them against Bama.

I'll live forever tormented knowing that the Dawgs massacred Clemson in 2014, but of those two ships passing in the night, it was UGA who was heading for the waterfall.

2014 UGA scoring average: 40.5 ppg
2016 UGA most points scored in a game all season: 35

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas ain't beating K-State. The latter will be contending for the conference.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
Your Arizona State Sun Devils

Returning
Redshirt junior quaterback Manny Wilkins returns and according to reports has improved a great deal and will likely start over Alabama transfer QB Blake Barnett. Senior running backs Kalen Ballage and Dimario Richards return and should be average at the position. The best player on the team WR N'keal Harry returns but without someone else to keep opposing DBs honest it won't matter much.

Losses
For losses, we lose the best two players on a horrible offensive line, two defensive backs from the worst power five secondary, and two of our best line backers. Surprisingly we look to be on track to having a worse defense this year, which is hard to do considering how bad they were last year.

Thu, Aug 31 vs NM State (W) - The only sure win on the schedule
Sat, Sep 9 vs San Diego St (W) - Without their star RB we should win this but it'll likely be close
Sat, Sep 16 @ Texas Tech (T) - Mahomes is gone so I don't know what to expect from this. ASU on the road, and historically speaking we usually don't win all three non-conference games
Sat, Sep 23 vs Oregon (L) - As bad as Oregon's defense is going to be, our is worse
Sat, Sep 30 @ Stanford (L) - Stanford is losing people, but their second string is better than our first
Sat, Oct 14 vs Washington (L) - Really glad to see Washington back to good form, big loss here
Sat, Oct 21 @ Utah (L) - At Utah we lose this one by two touchdowns
Sat, Oct 28 vs USC (L) - USC is probably the bst team in the conference this year, 3-4 touchdown loss here after the USC third string comes in during the 4th
Sat, Nov 4 vs Colorado (T) - I want to say most of Colorado's talent from last year graduated, and being at home we have a chance. Likely a loss though
Sat, Nov 11 @ UCLA (T) - UCLA went to the pro-style last year and it was horrible. I don't know what to expect this year and of all the tossups this is the most likely to be a win.
Sat, Nov 18 @ Oregon State (W) - I'm penciling this in as a win since the beavs are likely to be the worst team in the conference, however ASU plays like poo poo in the North in November so I wouldn't be surprised with a loss
Sat, Nov 25 vs Arizona (W) - Well at least we're not U of A, those guys are in for a rough season.

I think we'll win one of the tossup games and go 5-7 on the year. Graham would probably be let go with anything worse but at 5-7 he may get one more year to turn it around unless there's some hot new coach fresh on the market they're gunning for.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Korranus posted:

if Texas is as good as I think it will be (ask me what makes me think this)

What makes you think this?

For myself, I don't have any clue what to expect from Tom Herman's Texas in year one. On paper we have way more freak athletes than anyone on our schedule except USC and Oklahoma, and Tom Herman is supposed to be a good coach. But we've been in chaos for so long, I just don't know. That probably equates to something like 8 wins.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn State "gently caress It, We're Going Deep" Nittany Lions

The Good - Everybody on offense returns save Chris Godwin. The offense was fun as hell once they learned the system and there is no reason why it won't continue. With Saquon Barkley able to break ankles and run through bodies and Trace McSorley's deep ball, Penn State has a lethal run-pass playbook able to beat most teams out there. The defense will continue to be its normal ~Top-20 unit despite a couple key losses.

The Bad - The defense lost a couple of solid DL and DB contributors in addition to Penn State kicking legend Joey "Joey Smash" Julius. Though with last season's injury crisis, a couple of back-ups got key starting minutes. You can pass on the PSU secondary though luckily they play in the B1G and most teams can't pass to save their life. Also the Ohio St game is in Columbus this year and that's a guaranteed loss.

Outlook

Akron - Akron sucks, W
Pittsburgh - Pitt lost a bunch of dudes and Penn Sate finally figured out how to defend a jet sweep, W
Georgia St - Georgia St sucks, W
@Iowa - The Iowa/PSU series played host to some strange games, but PSU thumped Iowa last year and Iowa lost some key players, W
Indiana - Kevin Wilson is gone and the new OC is ... not good IIRC, W
@Northwestern - PSU is the better team on paper but NW is always a pain and this is the trap game of the year, T
Michigan - Michigan lost everybody on the team except Wilson Speight, who is pathetic, W
@Ohio State - The Shoe is a House of Horrors for Penn Sate and will continue to be so, L
@ Michigan State - Dantonio is one hell of a coach, but they lost many dudes and kicked out some more from a bad team, W
Rutgers - lmao Rutgers, W
Nebraska - Bring back Bo, W
Maryland - lmao Maryland,

I expect a 10 win season and possibly more depending on the Northwestern and Michigan games. Expectations are high with the preseason #6 ranking and a NY6 bowl is the goal for the season. A repeat B1G Title and playoff birth is a long shot due to the Ohio St game but I can always hope

North Texas "Bonus Grad School Edition" Mean Green

The Good - We made a bowl last year and got the added bowl practices in. The secondary is also pretty good for CUSA apparently. Texas recruits are always a +. Its the second year for the current coaching staff and the team should be much more familiar with the scheme. I don't have much

The Bad - made a bowl at 5-7. Todd Dodge and Dan McCarney sucked and tanked the program. Seth Littrell seems to be on the right track but still too early. Most players are not very good according to Phil Steele which is where I'm cribbing this write-up from. Go State wooo

The Outlook

Lamar - Never heard of them, W
@SMU - I think this is a loss, L
@Iowa - Iowa is worse than PSU, but better than UNT, L
UAB - UAB is still rebuilding the program, W
@Southern Miss - beat them last year, W
UTSA - good enough team with returning starters, L
@FAU - FAU brings back everybody and Lane is good enough at offense, L
Old Dominion - ODU is good, L
@Louisiana Tech - incoming beatdown, L
UTEP - UTEP won 4 games last year and lost some good dudes, W
Army - PLaying them for the 3rd time in 18 months should be good practice for topping the triple option, W
@Rice - Its Rice. How good can Rice be? W

Somewhere ranging from 5-7 to 7-5 for UNT. I'm jsut sarting grad school and don't know much about the team. Should be fun, maybe

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I did a joke prediction, but I'll actually try a real one now for the Jayhawks. I'm honestly lost because, I mean, this team beat Texas and I didn't know that was possible.Anyway, let's go down the list:

KANSAS JAYHAWKS

vs. SEMO - I don't know what that is. W
vs. Central Michigan - I don't really know what this team is up to either, but they're only one direction not two, so L
@ Ohio - This didn't go well last year, don't expect to somehow magically get better, so L
vs. West Virginia - WVU confuses me because Kansas will beat them on occasion, but I think the Mountaineers are over that slump, so L
vs. Texas Tech - I wanna believe because Kliff is a bad coach, and it's at Lawrence, but... L
@ Iowa Sate - Yeah, no. I want to believe, but no. L
@ TCU - Also no, but it'll only be by a touchdown and the Jayhawks will get hosed by the refs on a game-winning drive and I'll be really mad. L
vs. K-State - gently caress Bill Snyder. L
vs. Baylor - This'll be a murder and all my Baylor fan friends will be messaging me with, "Sorry, bud," the entire time and I'll respond with Nietzsche quotes or some poo poo. L
@ Texas - Texas will be rebuilding this year and isn't going to be great immediately... but they're going to beat KU by over 30. L
vs. Oklahoma - It's cute that the Sooners are gonna change coaches and still absolutely destroy KU again. L
@ Okie State - Yurgle urgle urgle urgle urgle urgle. L

The losses will be closer, which will be a win for the team. Good job, good effort.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Purdue Boilermakers

Last Season:

Awful football coach Darrel Hazel was fired during the season last year to put a cap on the worst stretch of Purdue Football in over 100 years. We have won 3 (THREE) conference games total in the last 3 years, with two of thse coming against Illinois. Our previous penny pinching AD, Morgan Burke, refused to pay coaches and let the football program crater over the last 10 years because he was cheap. Literally no one was sad to see Burke retire after over 20 years of being AD, mostly because he called alums for not wanting to buy season tickets to this poo poo show, and his associate AD called out the alums for being 'cheap' when MBB HC Matt Painter was being courted by other programs.

Jeff Brohm is the first serious new HC in West Lafayette since Tiller in '97. There is optimism only because Danny hope was barely .500 at Eastern Kentucky, and Darrel Hazel was HC at Toledo for 2 seasons, with the second one being some kind of fluky success. We are at rock bottom, so any improvement is welcome. Also, gently caress John Schoop, who has to be one of the worst D1 OC's in the country. He was so bad at play calling that those of us drunk enough to cope with this poo poo show knew what was coming, let alone a professional staff who watches film.

Sep 2 vs Louisville: Fuckin' lol L
Sep 8 vs Ohio: The MAC has owned us of late. L
Sep 16 @ Missouri: L
Bye Week: Life... finds a way L
Sep 23 vs Michigan: L
Oct 7 vs Minnesota: L
Oct 14 @ Wisconsin: L
Oct 21 @ Rutgers: Rare chance for B10 Win in the Basement Bowl W
Oct 28 vs Nebraska: L
Nov 4 vs Illinois: L
Nov 11 @ Northwestern: L
Nov 18 @ Iowa: L
Nov 25 vs Indiana: Toss up, but I can't pick IU W

mayodreams fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 6, 2017

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
gently caress no, we're winning big.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Changing it up, I'm gonna make some bold predictions:

1. Lincoln Riley is going to fall flat on his face and OU will limp to a 7-5 record, good enough to get him fired.

2. Kliff Kingsbury keeps his job after a 7-5 season. A ignominious 2-1 start (falling to EWU but beating ASU and UH) is closed out with a 5-4 conference record that has us feeling OK.

3. Emo is not coaching at Tech in 2018 because he gets a job as an OC at a high P5 paying him > $1 million/year.

4. Joe Robinson and Emmett Jones also move to other positions in the offseason. Joe in a lateral move for more pay and Emmett Jones to a HC position at a low program (UTEP?). Defensive staff stays intact.

5. WVU wins the Big XII conference champ game over OSU, avenging an Oct 28 loss. The champ game loss knocks OSU out of the playoff.

6. Heisman winner comes from the Pac 12. Lamar Jackson comes in 2nd as his team fares better, but his stats aren't as insane as last year.

7. Playoff is USC, Ohio State, Alabama, and 2-loss ACC champ Louisville. Champ is USC over 'bama. 2nd consecutive title game loss causes Saban to pull an Urban Meyer. Winds up at OU after 2 week retirement.

8. Bowl season results are: Pac 12, Big XII, CUSA, MWC, Big Ten, SEC, AAC, MAC, Sun Belt

9. A&M, Tennessee, UCLA, and Nebraska are the other major programs looking for new coaches. There are 15 total openings in a fairly light year.

10. Next offseason's big scandal involves a cover-up at the NCAA organization itself.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

kayakyakr posted:

A&M, Tennessee, UCLA, and Nebraska are the other major programs looking for new coaches.

Trying to be pragmatic as possible in stating this: It would take a 4-win or worse season or some sort of scandal (the latter seems especially unlikely) for Riley to be shown the door. If he gets fired for performance, it won't be at the order of the current AD, Shawn Eichorst, as he'll be gone as well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Real Name Grover posted:

Trying to be pragmatic as possible in stating this: It would take a 4-win or worse season or some sort of scandal (the latter seems especially unlikely) for Riley to be shown the door. If he gets fired for performance, it won't be at the order of the current AD, Shawn Eichorst, as he'll be gone as well.

There are other ways than performance that a coach can leave a school.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
... We're talking about Mike Riley here, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Trying to be pragmatic as possible in stating this: It would take a 4-win or worse season or some sort of scandal (the latter seems especially unlikely) for Riley to be shown the door. .

Based on what? Nebraska has fired coaches for way better seasons than that and the fan base has been unhappy with Riley from the start (justifiably so, he was a terrible hire). If he goes like 6-6 or even 7-5 I could see him getting fired very easily, especially if UCF has a big year.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
My reasoning's in the second sentence of that post. I cannot see a scenario in which Shawn Eichorst fires Riley for a lousy 2017 season, nor do I seen one in which Eichorst is also canned and a replacement is named who then subsequently fires Riley.

As for the "Yeah, but what about 2007" — Steve Pederson was ousted for other reasons as well (the athletic department was an absolute shitshow by all accounts)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

Based on what? Nebraska has fired coaches for way better seasons than that and the fan base has been unhappy with Riley from the start (justifiably so, he was a terrible hire). If he goes like 6-6 or even 7-5 I could see him getting fired very easily, especially if UCF has a big year.

The firing Pelini/hiring Riley move was such an obviously bad idea that I think they're going to be too embarrassed to concede defeat on it just yet.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Real Name Grover posted:

... We're talking about Mike Riley here, right?

It's a bold prediction, doesn't have to turn out to be true and if I'm right, I'll look like a genius.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

MourningView posted:

Don't worry, our QB still can't hit the broad side of a barn. Also Frost will never ever ever ever ever ever leave us, you monster.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
TIMELINE

- Riley fired
- Interim HC Bob Diaco coaches team to Foster Farms Bowl victory; earns support of players for full-time gig
- AD hires Jeff Fisher as new head coach
- Bob Diaco returns to Lincoln as head coach in 2021

~And such is the circle of life~

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
who gave you my fan fiction

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jeff Fisher would be a good hire imo

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
He's not going loving 7-9 in FBS, that's for sure

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

TIMELINE

- Riley fired
- Interim HC Bob Diaco coaches team to Foster Farms Bowl victory; earns support of players for full-time gig
- AD hires Jeff Fisher as new head coach
- Bob Diaco returns to Lincoln as head coach in 2021

~And such is the circle of life~

This would be amazing hahaha

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Your 2017 Iowa State Cyclones County Fair Tour.

9/2 Northern Iowa - Iowa State will not lose to an FCS team this season j/k yes they will 1-0
9/9 Iowa - Iowa will not attempt a single pass 2-0
9/16 @Akron - I have it on good authority that Akron is a bad and terrible place that no one should like 3-0
9/28 Texas - Herman is going to murder us 3-1
10/7 Oklahoma - Boomer Sooner will be played 3-2
10/14 Kansas - I think I'm going to this game so we'll probably lose but we better not lose to Kansas We're going to lose to Kansas 4-2
10/21 @Texas Tech - Somehow Iowa State always scores a million points against TT 5-2
10/28 TCU - Nope 5-3
11/4 @West Virginia - I'd call this a win just to annoy Andichu but he still hasn't made good on his big gay wedding in Ames 5-4
11/11 Oklahoma State - Nope 5-5
11/18 @Baylor - Baylor shouldn't have a football team 5-6
11/25 @Kansas State - Campbell sends Snyder out on a low note to secure a bowl 6-6

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa not attempting a pass would be evidence of Iowa winning by like 60 and I am extremely in favor of it

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Iowa not attempting a pass would be evidence of Iowa winning by like 60 and I am extremely in favor of it

Okay. 1 pass then.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The more chances I have to see Joel Lanning try to tackle Wadley in space the better

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PSU:

Sash! posted:

Penn State will win most, but not all, of the games.
This. I'm still gunshy about Pitt after last year, (t)OSU is going to be a massacre, and I feel like any of Michigan/Nebraska/Indiana could be blown.

Pitt:
I want them to have a good year but they've lost so many people. Mostly looking forward to the tailgating. Gonna be fun to watch Conner play in Pittsburgh, at least.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Folks, Alabama is gonna win the superbowl

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Texas A&M 2017 Preview

Section 1 - The stuff you already know
For several seasons in a row now, the Aggies have established a template for the season arc. They've won a nationally televised season opener to kick off a 5-0 or 6-0 start. Each time the season opening opponent has been advertised as good and turned out to be a disaster (South Carolina in 2014, Arizona State in 2015, UCLA in 2016). After this they beat a couple of non-conference schmoes, and then Arkansas, and then somebody else. Then they lose to Alabama, and then the wheels kind of come off. Thus, the narrative has become, "why do Sumlin's Aggies fade down the stretch?" The first couple of years, by answer to that question has been "because they're playing better teams in the stretch." Last year though, they got drummed on the road by a pretty bad Mississippi State and lost at home to a pretty mediocre Ole Miss in the back half, which isn't a good look. So I don't know. Sumlin's seat is pretty warm at this point, but I think if he wins 8 games (regular season) again he survives and we have this exact conversation again next year, and the year after that, forever. Can he win 8 games again this year?

Section 2 - The team, mostly stuff about the QB and a few position players because I don't really pay that much attention
For the fourth consecutive year, the Aggies will have a new opening day starter at QB. It's currently a three way battle between adequate senior Jake Hubenak (the only of the three who's played a snap), redshirt freshman Nick Starkel, and true freshman IMG Glory Boy Kellen Mond. Nick Starkel is reported to have the edge at this point, but I imagine we'll see all three of them this season (though it would be nice if we didn't). Starkel can reportedly throw the ball 60 yards from his knees, and is a golem made of weed.

Christian Kirk is a receiver who is deadly in open field, but only seems to get in open field like once a game, except when he returns kicks, which he is really good at.

There's a running back coming back who was good as a freshman, but I can't remember his name (edit: it's Trayveon Williams, and I didn't have to look it up). For the first time in Sumlin's tenure, the last year's offensive line was not worse than it was the preceding year.

Based on returning talent, John Chavis' defense should be strong in the secondary and thin at defensive end and linebacker, which sounds like a great formula for the SEC West.

The Games
9/3 @UCLA - The loser of this game is probably firing their coach at the end of the year. The winner of this game is possibly firing their coach at the end of the year. Let's say the Aggies keep that season opener streak alive. W
9/9 Nicholls State - W
9/16 Louisiana Lafayette - It seems like we play this team every yearW
9/23 Arkansas - It seems like we play this team every year W
9/30 South Carolina - This team is still bad, I would think? Seems like a safe bet W
10/7 Alabama - L
10/14 @Florida - Need a week to heal from Alabama L
10/28 Mississippi State - Finally had a week to heal from Alabama, their qb (Nick Fitzgerald I mean) runs for 250 yards but still a W
11/4 Auburn - Aggies have been in the SEC West for 5 years; the road team has won this game every time L
11/11 New Mexico - I accidentally left this one out at first. 90's A&M DC Bob Davie's first return to College Station since coaching Notre Dame to a 24-3 loss there in 2001. W
11/18 @Ole Miss - Even if their season isn't DOA, surely they've melted down by this point W
11/25 @LSU - We're never going to beat LSU L

8-4, Sumlin stays, see you again next year

Moment of Zen

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 22, 2017

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I love reading the General CFB predictions. Even with the openings people are talking about I think the SEC could easily be a coaching bloodbath... I guess Freeze already getting canned has made this less though.

Bielema, Jones, Malzahn, Stoops, Sumlin. I think you could make the case that many of those guys could be victims of expectations and performance. Add a few others to the list if they turn in really bad performances.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hed posted:

I love reading the General CFB predictions. Even with the openings people are talking about I think the SEC could easily be a coaching bloodbath... I guess Freeze already getting canned has made this less though.

Bielema, Jones, Malzahn, Stoops, Sumlin. I think you could make the case that many of those guys could be victims of expectations and performance. Add a few others to the list if they turn in really bad performances.

you forgot Odom. Mizzou's ceiling is 6-6. We should have hired someone with actual head coaching experience instead of trying to find the next Gary Pinkel.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

9/9 Nicholls State - W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHjlM5A1jME

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Is Nicholls State still not passing the ball, like, ever

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Is Nicholls State still not passing the ball, like, ever

They were like 50th in FCS in both rushing and passing offense I think they're pretty balanced

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I do one of these basically every year and it always sucks. Herman is our coach now and that dude seems like an up and coming junior sociopath, so good things might be coming down the pipe.

We return basically everyone of consequence minus Mr. Foreman. Shane Buechele is gonna be real good, Chris Warren is a walking brick wall, Connor Williams is the best lineman in the country and a top 5 pick, our punter is a ray guy aussie finalist, etc. All the talent in the world like usual, just need to maximize the talent.

Maryland - W Probably going to be a serious slaughter

San Jose State - W Another slaughter where all the young guns will get plenty of time

USC - L Closer than people think, but their home field advantage overwhelms us

Iowa State - W Close one on the road. Upset alert

Kansas State - W Get them at home where we play them much better.

Oklahoma - Toss up as usual

Oklahoma State - Toss up that's luckily at home

Baylor - W Do they have anyone left?

TCU - Toss up. Just don't want to be slaughtered

Kansas - W Revenge game. Win by 50 plus.

West Virginia - W They lost everyone.

Texas Tech - W I'm sure their defense will be terrible as usual. Chris Warren went for almost 300 yards on them last time.

Probably 8-4 or 9-3 with a bowl game to come. Ceiling is playoff loss to Bama or someone. Floor is 5 or 6 wins.

Maybe we can actually take advantage of all of our 4 and 5 star talent at some point.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

They were like 50th in FCS in both rushing and passing offense I think they're pretty balanced

Ah. Years ago they were a strict AF option offense that threw like five times per game, tops

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida State

vs Alabama, at Atlanta - Probably a loss

UL Monroe - cupcake, win

Miami - Improving, probably not over the hump yet, win

NC State - possible win, but we've been stunned before

@Wake Forest - win

@Duke - Win

Louisville - REVENGE, win

@Boston College. lol, win

Syracuse - win

@Clemson - toss up

Delaware State - win

@Jorts - lol win

worst - drop 4

best - undefeated and in the playoffs

prediction - probably drop 2 or 3 and end up in the Orange Bowl again

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buddhanc posted:

I do one of these basically every year and it always sucks. Herman is our coach now and that dude seems like an up and coming junior sociopath, so good things might be coming down the pipe.

We return basically everyone of consequence minus Mr. Foreman. Shane Buechele is gonna be real good, Chris Warren is a walking brick wall, Connor Williams is the best lineman in the country and a top 5 pick, our punter is a ray guy aussie finalist, etc. All the talent in the world like usual, just need to maximize the talent.

Maryland - W Probably going to be a serious slaughter

San Jose State - W Another slaughter where all the young guns will get plenty of time

USC - L Closer than people think, but their home field advantage overwhelms us

Iowa State - W Close one on the road. Upset alert

Kansas State - W Get them at home where we play them much better.

Oklahoma - Toss up as usual

Oklahoma State - Toss up that's luckily at home

Baylor - W Do they have anyone left?

TCU - Toss up. Just don't want to be slaughtered

Kansas - W Revenge game. Win by 50 plus.

West Virginia - W They lost everyone.

Texas Tech - W I'm sure their defense will be terrible as usual. Chris Warren went for almost 300 yards on them last time.

Probably 8-4 or 9-3 with a bowl game to come. Ceiling is playoff loss to Bama or someone. Floor is 5 or 6 wins.

Maybe we can actually take advantage of all of our 4 and 5 star talent at some point.

This is pretty much my guess, except add USC to the Toss-up list and Oklahoma is a win (I'm expecting some growing pains for Lincoln Riley's first year). Again though, I'm optimistic.

Texas will probably win enough games this season to make a bowl game, but could conceivably do good enough to make it to a Rose Bowl against the Big Ten champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Wisconsin Badgers Predictions

Utah State - Eat poo poo
Florida Atlantic University (Go Owls) - gently caress You
@BYU - Eat poo poo
Northwestern - gently caress You
@Nebraska - Eat poo poo
Purdue - gently caress You
Maryland - Eat poo poo