Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jose posted:

west brom signed someone

plug from the beano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Arsenal have allegedly offered Ox-Cham 180k per week for 4 years. :suicide: I'm excited to see him turn it down Arsenal not sell him (like they should) and lose him on a free along with Ozil and Alexis. While finishing 6th or something.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Arsenal have allegedly offered Ox-Cham 180k per week for 4 years. :suicide: I'm excited to see him turn it down Arsenal not sell him (like they should) and lose him on a free along with Ozil and Alexis. While finishing 6th or something.

ox is a good player and i dont know why arsenal fans hate him so much

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Next summer is going to be a shitshow. It will cost like £250m to really replace them, so Wengy will only buy one actual player for 3 positions. And Ramsey will be headed into the last year of his contract.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He's spent six years as an attacker for one of the better teams in the league and has scored 20 goals. That's pretty terrible.

Although tbf to him it's taken his manager far too long to realise that he would be better used in deeper positions.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

He’s demanding a spot in midfield, where he is like the fourth best player.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
According to Bild Werder Bremen are looking to sign the african Peter Crouch aka Tall Paul.

You might remember him from scoring a goal against Man Utd in the Europa League.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Mods please change my name to Tall Paul

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Aquilani signed with Las Palmas. It's actually incredible that he's still playing, figured his legs would've fallen off by now.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
surely that isn't the same aquilani that was once tapped to replace xabi alonso

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

RideTheSpiral posted:

hes talented but doesnt deliver. also loses concentration too often. id prefer to keep him, but not too fussed. selling to a rival would be dumb.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Aquilani signed with Las Palmas. It's actually incredible that he's still playing, figured his legs would've fallen off by now.

He should've never left Roma imo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

hes talented but doesnt deliver. also loses concentration too often. id prefer to keep him, but not too fussed. selling to a rival would be dumb.

There were some reasonably believable reports that Arsenal offered him 180k/week and he turned it down, at which point I'm not sure what we should do. That's an insane amount of money considering what he's actually given to the team.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

surely that isn't the same aquilani that was once tapped to replace xabi alonso

It's him, yeah

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"The Ox" would struggle to get regular games in most bottom half sides.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/901040900603863040

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
:lol:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro have bid 4.5 m for jota because we need more players somehow.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

sassassin posted:

"The Ox" would struggle to get regular games in most bottom half sides.

no he wouldnt

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

boro have bid 4.5 m for jota because we need more players somehow.

complete lies

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

This is how I feel. I'm only really annoyed about losing him because it looks like it will come with losing two other important players on a side that already needs improvement.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_cat/status/901097589545762816

Dembele is a Done Deal

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jota posted:

complete lies

you're coming wether you like it or not tbh

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

RideTheSpiral posted:

Its not a hate thing its frustration. Alexis, for example, scored more goals and provided more assists last year than Ox has contributed in 7 years at Arsenal. It harkens back to rewarding a player for potential and not their contribution which ended up tying a bunch of bad/mediocore players to Arsenal for a long time for too much money. At this point I think Arsenal should sell. However, if they were to do that I do not believe that he would be replaced. How much that hurts the club I don't know. If Ox becomes the Eden Hazard type player we want him to be then sucks to be Arsenal I guess, but I don't think he's worth anywhere near the 180k on offer. But at the end of the day the Ox situation is symptomatic of a massive issue at the club that could cost them huge sums of money to try and keep Ox, Ozil, and Alexis (if they even want to stay) or cost them even more in trying to replace them in the coming year. Its been mismanagement from bottom to top and how much you can blame Arsene vs the board vs ownership I do not know. Unfortunately Kroenke has an excellent history of driving his teams into the ground while creating toxic environments within the team, staff, and fan base. So if I were a fan of a non-arsenal team I would get some popcorn.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Its not a hate thing its frustration. Alexis, for example, scored more goals and provided more assists last year than Ox has contributed in 7 years at Arsenal. It harkens back to rewarding a player for potential and not their contribution which ended up tying a bunch of bad/mediocore players to Arsenal for a long time for too much money. At this point I think Arsenal should sell. However, if they were to do that I do not believe that he would be replaced. How much that hurts the club I don't know. If Ox becomes the Eden Hazard type player we want him to be then sucks to be Arsenal I guess, but I don't think he's worth anywhere near the 180k on offer. But at the end of the day the Ox situation is symptomatic of a massive issue at the club that could cost them huge sums of money to try and keep Ox, Ozil, and Alexis (if they even want to stay) or cost them even more in trying to replace them in the coming year. Its been mismanagement from bottom to top and how much you can blame Arsene vs the board vs ownership I do not know. Unfortunately Kroenke has an excellent history of driving his teams into the ground while creating toxic environments within the team, staff, and fan base. So if I were a fan of a non-arsenal team I would get some popcorn.

thanks this is a good answer and also a meltdown

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sell him with a buyback clause as Chelsea does, what's the big deal

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Ox has been in a cycle of

plays poo poo -> starts to play better -> gets a muscle injury

for years now and that's not worth 180k a week

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ox has reportedly already turned down 180k a week, so I guess that's that. The state of affairs at Arsenal is kind of amazing that we're now to a point where we can't even overpay to hang on to a player who isn't going to get any more playing time at a comparable team.

Also, here are the players whose contracts are expiring in 2019: Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Monreal, Ospina, and Cech. Again, all of these players are ones that Arsenal could stand to lose individually, but the way things are going it seems like the club could be headed for a well and good meltdown.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I've never heard anyone bum on about ox until this week lmao
180 fuckin k a week for a middling injury prone player? Ffs really

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Ox has reportedly already turned down 180k a week, so I guess that's that. The state of affairs at Arsenal is kind of amazing that we're now to a point where we can't even overpay to hang on to a player who isn't going to get any more playing time at a comparable team.

Also, here are the players whose contracts are expiring in 2019: Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, Welbeck, Monreal, Ospina, and Cech. Again, all of these players are ones that Arsenal could stand to lose individually, but the way things are going it seems like the club could be headed for a well and good meltdown.
Cech will probably stay. Other than him, Monreal's the only one who plays week-in-week-out, and that's not even certain with Big Sead's arrival. Plus he'll be 33 in 2019.

Either way it looks like a good opportunity for a new manager come in and spunk a load of cash.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Arsenal is insanely hosed

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
this is a very Arsenal problem, reminds me of Wilshere

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Arsenal will be fine. They always are.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
big chuba akpom will come good

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Brony Car posted:

Arsenal will be fine. They always are.

They're gonna come back STRONG to win the 2018 Europa League!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I genuinely don't know which Dembele Barca have just signed

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Hoops posted:

The black French Dembele

https://twitter.com/beinsports/status/901112176819060736

Coutinho is kicking off as well

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hoops posted:

you say this about every single thing that happens in football. maybe you just don't really know anything about football idk

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Second failed medical for an incoming player to Brighton with the Dwamena transfer off, probably a blessing in disguise (although not for Dwamena and his knackered heart).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Apparently Spurs have agreed to sign Serge Aurier dependant on the UK Home Office actually letting him in the country, on account of his suspended prison sentence in France.

• Locked thread