Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm hitting the end of R43 and things are hella slowing down after 1e24.

Is this the point where I should be looking to slow down and grab T2 spells, will that make a significant difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm near the end of R28 and prestige research is so close I can almost taste it oh god please don't make me do those lengthy researches I need more gems

I might just save edit the missing researches

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Color Printer posted:

I'm near the end of R28 and prestige research is so close I can almost taste it oh god please don't make me do those lengthy researches I need more gems

I might just save edit the missing researches

I didn't really have much trouble crossing into Ascension town without any of the really long researches.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I beat Planet Eater v2 for the first time. :toot:

The ultimate being v2 fighting mechanics are more interesting than anything else in ITRTG, shame it takes so long to reach them.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Sindai posted:

I beat Planet Eater v2 for the first time. :toot:

The ultimate being v2 fighting mechanics are more interesting than anything else in ITRTG, shame it takes so long to reach them.

Well done. My eyes glazed over when I got to that stage and I just never bothered. Is it worth it? Is there a simple howto somewhere?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Once you're doing Universe Challenges you're probably not far from being able to kill the first one. The only time-consuming part is needing to train the attack and defense Mights up because they give you 1% extra damage and 0.1% damage reduction per level. I used the guide on the wiki since it seems reasonably complete: http://itrtg.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Beings_V2

You get 10/20/30/40/50 GP and multiply your stats by 2/3/4/5/6 for beating them, which is nice for the relatively small amount of extra work it is to kill them once you have enough clones and are already doing a lengthy rebirth for whatever reason.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 3, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What do i need the high level lineages for in RG?

I am following the merc unlock builds and have unlocked the unique building, gotten the artifact and am now working on level 20 lineages, but i am not really sure why.

I am just following the builds on G00f's site.

Also Merc research seems really underwhelming. It took 3 loving days to get from e88 to e90 gems in R75 so i could start to unlock merc research, then another day to be able to first get 400 undead royal exchanges and then wait for ages to get e140 coins to be able to buy the research unlocker (do i need to buy that on every abdication?). Now, finally using merc research, i only get to e77 gems (?)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Okay: Mine Defense and Sandcastle aren't for me, but Idling to Rule the Gods got me. I finally read the story stuff, settled into kill my first god, and shoot, it's addictive. So now I'm spread between Antimatter Dimensions, Realm Grinder, and Idling.

I'm not sure if these are the best games to play, but they're making my lizard brain very happy, so thank you!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Okay: Mine Defense and Sandcastle aren't for me, but Idling to Rule the Gods got me. I finally read the story stuff, settled into kill my first god, and shoot, it's addictive. So now I'm spread between Antimatter Dimensions, Realm Grinder, and Idling.

I'm not sure if these are the best games to play, but they're making my lizard brain very happy, so thank you!

You mentioned 5 out of the top ones in this post so i'd say you are well off.

A few missing ones could be Trimps and Kittensgame.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ineptitude posted:

I am following the merc unlock builds and have unlocked the unique building, gotten the artifact and am now working on level 20 lineages, but i am not really sure why.

Also Merc research seems really underwhelming. It took 3 loving days to get from e88 to e90 gems in R75 so i could start to unlock merc research, then another day to be able to first get 400 undead royal exchanges and then wait for ages to get e140 coins to be able to buy the research unlocker (do i need to buy that on every abdication?). Now, finally using merc research, i only get to e77 gems (?)

Level 20 lineages (get 'em all and you get a trophy), some advanced builds require high lineages. In my experience, Merc Research wasn't much use for another couple Rs, you really need to be able to push to e90 gems with prestige research before mercs do much for you. Once they start, though, it's quite nice.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ineptitude posted:

You mentioned 5 out of the top ones in this post so i'd say you are well off.

A few missing ones could be Trimps and Kittensgame.

I did Kittensgame a few years back and I'm not going into that rabbithole again!

...As for Trimps I'm not interested in its theming, so!

Bonus: I tried Crank, it's got a weird/neat mechanic, but I'm not a fan of how you kind of have to babysit it to get it to a status quo where you can afk comfortably.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I did Kittensgame a few years back and I'm not going into that rabbithole again!

...As for Trimps I'm not interested in its theming, so!

Bonus: I tried Crank, it's got a weird/neat mechanic, but I'm not a fan of how you kind of have to babysit it to get it to a status quo where you can afk comfortably.

Crank is one of the games with an ending. I forget how you get stable but it doesn't take too long if you know what you are doing. Maybe someone else remembers.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

StrixNebulosa posted:

Crank has a neat mechanic, and I even stuck with it until I hit status quo! Then space just felt so empty of purpose; trawling around maybe fiddling with getting more pointless levels of antimatter tech trying endlessly to find whatever I needed to get to the next tech level/thingamabob to progress the story. I mean the babysitting wasn't great but at least it was something, hoping to randomly bump into a new enemy is so much nothing.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sindai posted:

Once you're doing Universe Challenges you're probably not far from being able to kill the first one. The only time-consuming part is needing to train the attack and defense Mights up because they give you 1% extra damage and 0.1% damage reduction per level. I used the guide on the wiki since it seems reasonably complete: http://itrtg.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Beings_V2

You get 10/20/30/40/50 GP and multiply your stats by 2/3/4/5/6 for beating them, which is nice for the relatively small amount of extra work it is to kill them once you have enough clones and are already doing a lengthy rebirth for whatever reason.

You inspired me to take a shot at PEv2 myself! Managed to take it out, but it took two runs with 500k clones. It's definitely possible without the clone count they say on the wiki, which is something I've seen a lot on there. I'm consistently finishing the challenges and things with nowhere near the numbers they recommend.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Merc research really kicks in at R77. R75-R76 it's more of a slog.

As for lineage benefits:

- 15 in one you actually want to use, along with a quick (except demon) and simple quest, gets you its spell as an extra spell to cast.
- 20 in one you actually want to use, gets you another perk that depends on the lineage.
- General levels in one you actually want to use, will have one or another lineage-specific effect that scales with lineage levels.

- 15 in all of them is the requirement to unlock A2950, which is a second bloodline like A400 except you pick which one you want rather than having it be based on your faction.
- Getting a lineage to 20 and getting all the perks (read: getting it to 20 and doing its level 15 perk quest to unlock its spell, the other perks are automatic) also gets you a trophy, though these don't contribute to anything except total trophy count - no upgrades tied to them.
- 25 in all of them is the requirement to unlock Genealogist secret trophy, which is a hefty chunk of production increase and pretty effectively removes the pain and misery from those last few abdications of gems before you get to merc research.
- General levels in all of them, will improve scaling of A3400 (beefy FC chance) and Genealogist (see above).

- Ascension 2 knocks all lineages above 25, down to 25. It does not boost lineages below 25, however, and leveling lineages even as high as 25 would be a bitch and a half in A2, so save yourself some heartache and get them all to 25 (or higher if convenient) before A2.

Conclusion: it's useful enough to be worth doing if it's quick and easy, and with merc research it's pretty quick and easy. Don't feel obligated to do all the level 15 spell unlock quests (especially not demon) right away. Those can safely be blown off until you actually want to be able to get that spell from that lineage. But the lineage level grinding itself is easy and worthwhile.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

You inspired me to take a shot at PEv2 myself! Managed to take it out, but it took two runs with 500k clones. It's definitely possible without the clone count they say on the wiki, which is something I've seen a lot on there. I'm consistently finishing the challenges and things with nowhere near the numbers they recommend.
Hmm, I have 1.1m clones and it takes me two tries too, although I've gotten him down to less than 10% in one try. Did you use the Clairvoyance strategy or the Hero Summon strategy?

EDIT: Feel free to update the wiki whenever you have better numbers. You don't need an account, I'm nearly the only person who's touched it in weeks, and nobody's reverted anything I've done.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 4, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I used the 78% loop and the hero summon strategy, got him down to about 25% on the first run. I also had 100 in both atk/def might skills, which helped.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

Level 20 lineages (get 'em all and you get a trophy), some advanced builds require high lineages. In my experience, Merc Research wasn't much use for another couple Rs, you really need to be able to push to e90 gems with prestige research before mercs do much for you. Once they start, though, it's quite nice.

How do you get past the e88 gems stage in a reasonable amount of time though?

With all spells t6 and maxed excavations it still took over a day to get from e88 to e90 on R75, having to get all the way to e94 like that sounds like a nightmare.

They nerfed several of the researches in the recent patch which makes getting above e88 a gigantic pain now.

Vil posted:

Lineage stuff

Good stuff, thanks

Vil posted:

- 15 in one you actually want to use, along with a quick (except demon) and simple quest, gets you its spell as an extra spell to cast.

I must be retarded but how do you do the undead one? To be able to use night time i need to play undead, but then the undead lineage isn't available. (Not that i can get the spell over 1 min duration as UD anyways)
If i play a merc build i am unable to buy the spell, so i am at a loss on how to do the UD 15 lineage perk.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Quote is not edit

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.

Ineptitude posted:

How do you get past the e88 gems stage in a reasonable amount of time though?

With all spells t6 and maxed excavations it still took over a day to get from e88 to e90 on R75, having to get all the way to e94 like that sounds like a nightmare.

They nerfed several of the researches in the recent patch which makes getting above e88 a gigantic pain now.

Good stuff, thanks

I must be retarded but how do you do the undead one? To be able to use night time i need to play undead, but then the undead lineage isn't available. (Not that i can get the spell over 1 min duration as UD anyways)
If i play a merc build i am unable to buy the spell, so i am at a loss on how to do the UD 15 lineage perk.

IIRC you don't have to be able to cast the spell to complete the challenge, you can just stack spell duration buffs. I know I completed the challenge totally by accident.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
What they don't tell you is that once you've got a lineage challenge active, the game is now waiting for the requirements to be true regardless of whether you have a lineage active or not. Thus you can go run Undead/Merc, set up researches to extend the spellcasting time to grab it. Similarly the other challenges can be done without being directly associated with the race aside from Titan (because part of the requirement is being pure Titan).

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

Hmm, I have 1.1m clones and it takes me two tries too, although I've gotten him down to less than 10% in one try. Did you use the Clairvoyance strategy or the Hero Summon strategy?

EDIT: Feel free to update the wiki whenever you have better numbers. You don't need an account, I'm nearly the only person who's touched it in weeks, and nobody's reverted anything I've done.

I put that 1m figure for when (admittedly IMO) I think it's worth actually trying for the benefits. it takes so long to get the atk+ and def+ with 500k clones, but yeah very possible to do. 2M clones allows you to do it pretty speedily and start to use UBV2's as a way to earn decent chunks of GP.

Also, hi yeah I am the guy that released that stub of a game a while ago. I have it in a VERY pre-release state on Kong now if any of you would want to see how it looks:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/som...d168e96b3c297ef

You'll have to open a new incognito window or be logged OUT of Kongregate to try it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Nice!

Some of the high level perks are freaking out when I hover over them.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
that is um... very wrong. i've had a lot of pains in my rear end getting this moved over to kong.

are you trying to use your old save? that may be why.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
RG: I'm at R45, but I'm going to be in and out for the next week, so I was gonna grab T2 of all the non-Dragon spells, Equality, and D525, so I can get T2 of the Dragon spell on R46 and have immediate Arcane Brilliance 1. If this is dumb and bad and I should just focus on T3 Call/Gem/Lightning, lmk. Also, if I'm doing tiers, is there any good reason not to do the good/evil ones as mercs to grab 2, then prestige to grab the other 2?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

RG: I'm at R45, but I'm going to be in and out for the next week, so I was gonna grab T2 of all the non-Dragon spells, Equality, and D525, so I can get T2 of the Dragon spell on R46 and have immediate Arcane Brilliance 1. If this is dumb and bad and I should just focus on T3 Call/Gem/Lightning, lmk. Also, if I'm doing tiers, is there any good reason not to do the good/evil ones as mercs to grab 2, then prestige to grab the other 2?

Factionless/neutral spells and dragon's breath/brainwave are going to be your go-to spells for a long time. Night Time, too, once you unlock UL15. That is, unless they've made some major changes to the faceless faction that makes faceless/dragon less good. In any case, you'll be best served by just pushing the critical spells to T6.

Don't focus on spell tiers at R45 for most spells, you will never use them and the length of time to unlock drops as with more reincarnations.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

something posted:

I put that 1m figure for when (admittedly IMO) I think it's worth actually trying for the benefits. it takes so long to get the atk+ and def+ with 500k clones, but yeah very possible to do. 2M clones allows you to do it pretty speedily and start to use UBV2's as a way to earn decent chunks of GP.

Also, hi yeah I am the guy that released that stub of a game a while ago. I have it in a VERY pre-release state on Kong now if any of you would want to see how it looks:

You'll have to open a new incognito window or be logged OUT of Kongregate to try it.

Just wanted to tell you that I'm looking forward to it a lot! I enjoyed the hell out of the prototype. I hope I can play it not on kongregate though.

Elswyyr fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 4, 2017

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

are you trying to use your old save? that may be why.

Yes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Factionless/neutral spells and dragon's breath/brainwave are going to be your go-to spells for a long time. Night Time, too, once you unlock UL15. That is, unless they've made some major changes to the faceless faction that makes faceless/dragon less good. In any case, you'll be best served by just pushing the critical spells to T6.

Don't focus on spell tiers at R45 for most spells, you will never use them and the length of time to unlock drops as with more reincarnations.

Well, yeah, but doesn't Arcane Brilliance shave off a lot of time in the long run?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Ajon posted:

IIRC you don't have to be able to cast the spell to complete the challenge, you can just stack spell duration buffs. I know I completed the challenge totally by accident.

Sage Grimm posted:

What they don't tell you is that once you've got a lineage challenge active, the game is now waiting for the requirements to be true regardless of whether you have a lineage active or not. Thus you can go run Undead/Merc, set up researches to extend the spellcasting time to grab it. Similarly the other challenges can be done without being directly associated with the race aside from Titan (because part of the requirement is being pure Titan).

Aha, didn't realise that.

There is something i am missing though. I am faceless with UD BL, i picked D200 and D330 for increased spell durations and i have 176k mana so my Druid Challenge 5 gives 117% spell duration. I still am not able to get UD Lineage 15 perk.

Shouldn't the duration be roughly 70 seconds with those things? (20 + 20 + 20*0,4 + 20*1,17)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 4, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
ITRTG question: do divinity campaigns pay out based on your production at the start or end of the campaign? This is very important for obvious reasons.

something posted:

How do I move between adventure areas? The drop-down does nothing so I'm stuck in training.

Also can't even throw money in the pit, it seems to be stuck saying I already did too recently.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 4, 2017

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Sindai posted:

ITRTG question: do divinity campaigns pay out based on your production at the start or end of the campaign? This is very important for obvious reasons.

End of campaign. It owns.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Ineptitude posted:

Aha, didn't realise that.

There is something i am missing though. I am faceless with UD BL, i picked D200 and D330 for increased spell durations and i have 176k mana so my Druid Challenge 5 gives 117% spell duration. I still am not able to get UD Lineage 15 perk.

Shouldn't the duration be roughly 70 seconds with those things? (20 + 20 + 20*0,4 + 20*1,17)

I think for that one you have to have Night Time as one of your spells, since the challenge directly references it. If your other spells like CtA and Gem Grinder are greater than 1min duration than it's definitely the case.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sindai posted:

How do I move between adventure areas? The drop-down does nothing so I'm stuck in training.

Also can't even throw money in the pit, it seems to be stuck saying I already did too recently.
You have to unlock new areas in every rebirth by defeating enough bosses to move along in the boss story first

also the pit did that for me too but getting up to like six figures made it take my money - but you can only pit once per rebirth and it doesn't tell you that until after you've successfully pitted

edit: here's my feedback: why isn't the pit automated when you Rebirth?
(oh, and the locked buttons are... flickering? sometimes? I don't know why.)

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 5, 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Toshimo posted:

Well, yeah, but doesn't Arcane Brilliance shave off a lot of time in the long run?

Yes, but you'll still be better served with a long run to unlock high tiers on the neutral spells, dragons breath, and brainwave first, you won't really need much else for 20 more Rs

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You have to unlock new areas in every rebirth by defeating enough bosses to move along in the boss story first

also the pit did that for me too but getting up to like six figures made it take my money - but you can only pit once per rebirth and it doesn't tell you that until after you've successfully pitted

edit: here's my feedback: why isn't the pit automated when you Rebirth?
(oh, and the locked buttons are... flickering? sometimes? I don't know why.)

The move to kong made those odd flickers appear and I am at a loss as to how to fix :c. As for pit, there's an hour cooldown per toss on it too, its not purely per rebirth. At any rate pit needs a lot of fixing to begin with.

Also some ITRTG info for those playing: Sounds like Ryu is gonna add a couple more challenges in the next month or so. One will be a 24 hour challenge with rewards for reaching past baal, unlocked with a sub 24 hour DRC time. The other will be a 24 hour challenge but this time the goal is to make as many universes as possible. Again, the reward will scale depending on how many you can make.

something fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 5, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Fixed-length challenges are interesting. I want one that just awards GP so speedrunning is no longer the best way to earn it.

NGU feedback: I can't figure out what merging gear does other than adding +X to the name of the item. It says it increases its maximum stats, but I don't think I've actually seen that happen.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I've just gotten far enough to figure out how equipment merging works in NGU. The answer to the question is that cloth equipment is too lovely to actually benefit from merging at all and you can only start boosting equipment after you kill the brown slime and open the sewers for adventure mode (the text at the top tells you where you actually are, the drop-down menu does nothing).

e: Okay no I'm not sure if merging equipment together does anything now. There are however boosters that will do something when merged with the next tier of equipment and it looks like there are max possible values on them which are already hit on the cloth equipment so yeah.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 5, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I'm in the sewer so I've figured out how stat maximums and augments work.

I could actually go to the forest but I don't have high enough stats and I'm at the mercy of waiting for the rare augments to drop since merging seems to do nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I haven't yet put in explanations for all this stuff but tl;dr is: gear has an x/y system for stats, x is current value y is max. the attack/defense/special boosts raise the current value, merging the same piece of gear together adds a +1 level and that raises the max stat caps by 1%, to a max of level 100.

something fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 5, 2017