Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

PMush Perfect posted:

okay lol that was the best possible time to simulpost

I don't even know what my votecount is (still on mobile), but this is a 25 player game, still a day away from deadline. Why would I fake claim to save myself NOW?

I'm going to keep an eye on the thread as best I can for now, but I'm even happier with my vote than I was like a minute ago.

Are you aware that the person making battle decisions explicitly asked that you not do what you just did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Kashuno posted:

That is not true at all. I think about it in literally every game I have ever played,

You routinely think that scum try to signal information to other scum in the thread instead of just using their scumdoc?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Are you aware that the person making battle decisions explicitly asked that you not do what you just did?
No, no I was not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

No, no I was not.

so you aren't reading the thread, and especially aren't reading the posts of the most important only confirmed town player

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

You routinely think that scum try to signal information to other scum in the thread instead of just using their scumdoc?

I think if you are town putting out information for no reason, you are giving information to scum on who to target. I think if you are in a soldiers game, you can be giving targeting information to the other town and scum. Especially if you are scum, you can attempt to direct the fire from the other team elsewhere.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This stopped being fun pretty much the moment I got banished to mobile.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Game making me mad. I have no interest in changing my vote, and I don't really have any interest in reviewing the basic mechanics of soldiers games to people who aren't willing to listen to even the guy running the thing.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I think if you are in a soldiers game, you can be giving targeting information to the other town and scum. Especially if you are scum, you can attempt to direct the fire from the other team elsewhere.

Your specific words:

Kashuno posted:

It ALSO tells the scum team in our thread information about who not to target with their abilities because you outright stated you are low damage and therefore unlikely to assist much in terms of killing the other side.

Again: part of your accusation on Tobbs was that he was "giving the scum team in our thread information". Why would he do that in-thread instead of in his scumdoc?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Your specific words:

Again: part of your accusation on Tobbs was that he was "giving the scum team in our thread information". Why would he do that in-thread instead of in his scumdoc?

That was a comparison to claiming VT?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is similar to a VT claim

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Final thoughts before I gently caress off back to exile:

MMT cool.

Kash tryhard.

TG kinda drive by.

Hoping more people talk tomorrow.

Especially hoping internet comes back tomorrow so I can contribute properly.

Sorry if I actually hosed up, King. My reasons made sense at the time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:shrug: MMT has me on that one I suppose. Poor choice of words to convey the reasons I was tying claiming your abilities to claiming VT and why I thought it was scummy.

Also lol at pmush calling me a tryhard like poo poo I’m here to win and you playing like scum idk fam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
*braces for cries that only scum use shrug emote*

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ok, lets take the ability at face value, what does revealing that do for the enemy team:

Most upfront to least:

1. If he gets put into battle, the enemy team can focus-fire him.
----To do so, they would need to put enough ranged guys in front row or expose their own Back-to-back players. No reason to think ranged characters are less tanky than front-line guys, for now, but it does mean our entire enemy team can focus fire their own ranged guys down because they are on the front row.

It's a wash. We lose a guy, but the rest of our team should be mostly intact and able to heavily damage/kill one or two others on the enemy side

2. He has the ability, but it is shine limited to 1 or 2 charges
---- He gets killed on battle 1. He gets his 1 charge of damage off anyways but blew his load doing so. It was the only interesting thing about his guy. That sucks, but he heavily damages an enemy and they focus fire him down.
---- He gets ignored by the enemy team. He gets his damage off and proves that he was telling to the truth about his ability. He could still be scum, he could still be towny. Nothing gained or lost

Its a wash. We don't get to his his ability better in the future, but it's pretty situational to know when to put him into battle to face someone in the back row of the enemy team. We don't know who they pick until we pick him to go in ourselves

3. He is town lying about his ability
----- He gets himself killed by scum in battle or nightkill. He doesn't actually have what he has so we learn that scum were looking at him but don't lose any actually important ability

Good: We lose little but gain more information. We will have attrition no matter what, this way we sacrifice a pawn to look for a knight

4. He is scum telling the truth
----- Other scum already know this ability. He risks us killing him for making himself a potential lynching target or not putting him into battle. Other team's captain would already know this ability. So he makes himself useless in order to gain what for our scum/Texans?

Scum gain nothing they don't already know

5. He is scum and lying
---- Other scum know what he can really do. He makes himself a lynching target, so he is probably one without a good ability. I can see us leaving him out of a battle because of this, even if not lynched, which could leave him alone to kill a non-battle player if he has an ability to do that.

High risk-medium reward for scum. He risks getting offed on D1 and can maybe kill someone tonight if left out of battle. But so can probably 1/3-1/2 of the scum! They could lose their guy or redirect further suspicion onto him while their major players do the real heavy lifting in the background.

I don't like the enemy team knowing what we can do this early in the game myself. But I honestly don't see any way that the Texans get anything from it. A best it's a high risk action for little reward

Question: What scenario can you guys think up where knowing this ability hurts us and helps scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

PMush is a she. I also think that her outing that role is probably not the best idea but again, why would she do that as scum. The narrative of "TOO MUCH PRESSURE" isn't something I even see happening right now.

##vote Kashuno

MMT's spot on, there's no reason for him to open with "Tobbs is giving the scum team information with this action" if he thinks he's...also on the scum team. He hasn't even addressed that fact with a "yeah that is kinda stupid but you know I was mad at him and not thinking" or whatever, he's actively dancing around that contradiction and that's textbook scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quid is scum

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Big talk, let's see how it plays out.

Very self-conscious, but also true.

^This is with regard to Kash.

And where's the case? There's a tiny bit of interest in Kash as a lynch target per MMT, but this drive-by vote easily falsifies his earlier statement about not voting without making a case.

##vote bread

I'm inconsistent. Gut tells me my vote might be wrong, but I like the reasoning behind it. MMT kinda laid out what I was saying, but also has further reasons for his vote. I decided I'm going to back him up on this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not surprised at that leap in logic since you're calling every single person who dares to disagree with you scummy rn :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Quid is scum
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not surprised at that leap in logic since you're calling every single person who dares to disagree with you scummy rn :allears:

Except me, which is weird.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quick, King B, say Kash is acting scummy, I wanna see if he'll vote you too

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Quidthulhu posted:

PMush is a she

Apologies!

TL;Dr:

If scum, she makes herself an execution target for almost no gain. Enemy team already knows the ability.

If town, we learn what kinds of abilities exist so that we don't get blinded by rules assumptions and or hurts by making herself a target in town to draw out scum and on the battlefield by drawing fire from others

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

Funny I already had you on my scum reads as posted previously so

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

50 pounds of bread posted:

Except me, which is weird.

Because I’m not actually doing that

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Currently on my sus list

Quid
Tobbs
Slaan
Morathin

long before quid turned and called me scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Hm ##vote pmush this seems better for now, especially with pmush being like “hey didn’t read yet don’t hammer no one <leaves joke vote>!” And then coming back later and being like “hm still nothin! <unvote jokephase vote>

also before pmush called me scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like, if you're going to try and push a false narrative about me maybe don't do one that I can factually refute

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyway, it has taken less than one in game day to get actually irl mad at an internet Party game and I think that means I really need to step away from it for the moment. Slaan, I am sorry I didn’t get to discussing your questions but I will try to either later tonight or tomorrow when I feel comfortable coming back to the game

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Gamerofthegame posted:

i didn't want to really comment on it to give kash an answer, but

"this is Bad because it gives scum information" is A Thing among many points that leads to kash going "tobbs is a bad town or scum"

you're being pedantic here, revealing your role tells the bad dudes information, that's a fact. that is what he said. he might then come to the point that tobbs is a bad dude, but that's irrelevant to the point?

unless you think roleclaiming is actually net neutral for towns to do and scum don't get anything out of it??

This is a Weird tree to go on and I find it to be Weird that you're doubling down on it aggressively.

This is where I'm at right now. I don't think Kash is scum, I think the scum team is using the fact that he's a high volume easily angered poster against him right now to get an easy D1 lynch.

I dunno what I think about MMT as a result of it. She's using a pretty pedantic point in my opinion to push this case but I don't know if its a scum push or just town latching onto whatever they can D1.

I still like Slaan for scum and his drive by Kash pushing here isn't helping it. Also he made a big setup spec argument after specifically calling people out for setup spec.

If Kash flips scum then w/e I'll eat my words and probably a lynch but I'm willing to go down with that ship at this point (Dios Mio).

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Other players I would vote: Quid, 50 Pounds of Bread. Dunno about PMush have to read more.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

PMush is a she. I also think that her outing that role is probably not the best idea but again, why would she do that as scum.

Honestly? I'm sure a lot of players have a cool ability or two. It could be an attempt to get other similarly excited players to divulge info, despite KB's explicit instructions to not do that.

Maybe it's an honest mistake, but it's very hard for me to believe that. Every townie should be reading KB's posts. In PMush's defense she did say that she wasn't reading the whole thread. That's not a great defense, though.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

PMush Perfect posted:

happy new year nerds

havent read the thread yet so no hot takes

generic opinion anybody pushing for an early dump or voting people to -3 or below is ultra scum

even for a 1am drunk post this post extremely blows rear end

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't believe "Tobbs was trying to inform the scumteam by telling them something in the thread" is a thing that you would think if you were town trying to figure out Tobbs' alignment.

i agree with this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Maybe it's an honest mistake, but it's very hard for me to believe that. Every townie should be reading KB's posts. In PMush's defense she did say that she wasn't reading the whole thread. That's not a great defense, though.

pmush declared she was stuck on a phone so whatev

now, i have this super secret power of the ability to accurately deduce the entire scum team in like, 2/3 of the games I am but only in the dead-doc after I get lynched

scum team is tobbs, quid, mtt and a lurker.

game solved

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

- Related to powers talk, I'm super good bait for sussing out scum in our line-up, so I'm going to lightning rod myself here: One of my powers is that I can shoot anyone from anywhere. To state the implications of that outright, I can shoot their back row from our back row.

KingB, let me shoot their guys they think are safe. Let me surprise them early, before they get word of it and adapt. And let me, if it comes to that, get murdered by scum because I'm too dangerous to let live.

i... what? kb specifically asked us not to do this. how the hell are you surprising them if you state it not only in plain english but in bold text instead of being more subtle? dios mio

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, this feels like someone trying really, really hard to fake anger and throwing out kinda nonsensical complaints. (I can't really articulate why, but they seem super fake to me.)

Making a big hubbub about this to distract from scumhunting sounds like exactly the kind of thing someone would do in game like this, so, on second thought...

##vote Kashuno

this reaction (to kash’s calling outthe first quoted post) is a vapor post that says nothing except “nuh uh, your the scum!!”

Pmush lookin real bad

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

that's not totally true, kash called 50 towny but then 50 disagreed? lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Funny I already had you on my scum reads as posted previously so

I knew you were going to bring that up! Did you mention me at all before randomly putting me on your scum list above Tobbs? Or did you just throw me on there so you could move to an easy target later and point back to go “see!”

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I thought Kash was listing reasons why tobbs claiming was a bad play and then saying "well you made a dumb play so you're scum", which is also what he's doing with pmush, conflating bad town play with scum play.

I didn't think he was specifically listing reasons why the claim made by tobbs would come from scum; indeed, he wrote "Not good for Town, very good for not Town. You are therefore not town" which is truly awful reasoning, but overall consistent with his reaction to Pmush's ill-advised reveal and my attempts to divine literally anything from people's answers to KB.

Okay, overall I think Kashuno is just town mad at people for not playing and thinking the same way he is, but I really need to reread his posts

my head hurts and it's only probably the alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

MMT kinda laid out what I was saying, but also has further reasons for his vote. I decided I'm going to back him up on this.

I'm female but otherwise :j::respek::v: Also, for those who don't know me I work graveyard shifts and usually sleep afternoons/evenings (including pretty soon after this post)

Kashuno posted:

Anyway, it has taken less than one in game day to get actually irl mad at an internet Party game and I think that means I really need to step away from it for the moment.

To put aside my opinion of your alignment for a second, I think this is a general good strategy for having fun (which is the actual point of the game) that I occasionally wish I was better at employing.

• Locked thread