Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slaan posted:

What's a normal scum percentage for a game, 1/5, 1/4?

1/5.

Gamerofthegame posted:

This is part conjecture and set up spec, but I believe it's specifically the tactician class that lets you jump into a battle. I... really doubt a bunch of scum would get the tactician class altogether as opposed to a nice spread and Max was a scum-tactician, so I feel like it's fairly safe to assume the others are town.

Kid doesn't know if that's really right or not. Scum probably ain't all tacticians, but thinking that all the others are cleared is a bad idea from his perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What's the AA case?

See below, referring to his AA's case on Quid.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I don't think AA can possibly be scum

like, whenever I'm scum in a game I am always going to check scum doc/chat/whatever-the-gently caress (I assume it might be discord this time) before I hit up some 150 posts in the thread.

And there's no way scum doc said "whoa TMM (and OMG rip) caught Quid's scum slip make a case on him to draw heat"

I would guess it one of two scenarios:

(a) he's scum, was overwhelmed by the volume of data to sift through in the thread, and either didn't check in his scumdoc or didn't run his case by his homies (which is what I think happened)

(b) he's town, went through the effort to read through the thread looking for scum, and managed to come to the almost logically impossible conclusion that TMM is scum and Quid is town (which is what you think happened?)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Max Peck posted:

More seriously, it does worry me a bit that Kash is trying to set up to go after TQ after Quid flips, but that scenario wouldn't actually make Quid not scum. So we start there, and don't make assumptions about what comes next.

I WONDER WHY

unfortunately most of max's posting is sass towards MTT and Kash while going ham on myself and Keane.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

So we probably have 3-4 scum left then?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dunno, what was Quid at that point? Virtually hung?

I can't see a scum player coming in and hard-defending a scumbro without checking votefinder.

Stupid as all hell? Sure. Scum? Probably not.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Murmur Twin posted:

See below, referring to his AA's case on Quid.

I would guess it one of two scenarios:

(a) he's scum, was overwhelmed by the volume of data to sift through in the thread, and either didn't check in his scumdoc or didn't run his case by his homies (which is what I think happened)

(b) he's town, went through the effort to read through the thread looking for scum, and managed to come to the almost logically impossible conclusion that TMM is scum and Quid is town (which is what you think happened?)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

An bad case btw

The way he posted his case only pointed to TMM's initial case on Quid, prior to scum-slip spotting, then flinging all around to support him as if he didn't read a huge portion of the thread. He does quote something after the scum slip and at -3, but...

I dunno, color me :psyduck: if he's actually scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I doubted you Keane

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dunno, what was Quid at that point? Virtually hung?
I can't see a scum player coming in and hard-defending a scumbro without checking votefinder.

Stupid as all hell? Sure. Scum? Probably not.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. You're looking at the intent of the case, I'm saying to analyze the content of it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Slaan posted:

So we probably have 3-4 scum left then?

Kid doesn't like to speculate too hard on the setup, but he figures three left is closer to the mark.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What's the AA case?

What's your case on MMT? from what i can gather looking at page 4 of your posts its "didn't challenge quid" but you got plenty of time to elaborate on it

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

The way he posted his case only pointed to TMM's initial case on Quid, prior to scum-slip spotting, then flinging all around to support him as if he didn't read a huge portion of the thread. He does quote something after the scum slip and at -3, but...

I dunno, color me :psyduck: if he's actually scum.

It's :psyduck: regardless of alignment. But think about what AA was thinking when he wrote it:

If you're town, your goal is to read over the thread looking for clues, and then internalizing that data to solve a puzzle.
If you're scum, your goal is to blend in and keep your team alive by pretending to read over the thread looking for clues / solving a puzzle.

People are welcome to ask themselves what it looks like is going on here but I can't believe I even have to argue this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

What's your case on MMT? from what i can gather looking at page 4 of your posts its "didn't challenge quid" but you got plenty of time to elaborate on it

As mentioned earlier, put yourself in my shoes- I was putting out cases early on and most people agreed they were bad, but Quid on multiple cases was cheerleading me and telling me how smart I was. I got buddied up to and I fell for it. :eng99:

That said, I'd like to think I've been forthright with my opinions and have updated my reads since then. If it's not clear I think Gamer, Kash, and FL are all town and have scum reads on AA and Moat and have cases in thread on them.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Moatillata posted:

Also I went back and finished my TQ reread and I think he is scum. I will post some more thoughts hopefully later today

I want to know what these thoughts are that were never posted "later today."

Also good job amigos, we roughed up some Texans.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Murmur Twin posted:

It's :psyduck: regardless of alignment. But think about what AA was thinking when he wrote it:

If you're town, your goal is to read over the thread looking for clues, and then internalizing that data to solve a puzzle.
If you're scum, your goal is to blend in and keep your team alive by pretending to read over the thread looking for clues / solving a puzzle.

People are welcome to ask themselves what it looks like is going on here but I can't believe I even have to argue this.

i don't think this is the slam dunk you're saying it is

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Thanks for doing our jobs for us, Texas!

King Burgundy posted:

That went better than I planned. Good work folks. Away from computer so can't do all my fun checking over of things. But I'd like to know what gamer, AA, and Hats did in this fight.

I poisoned+damaged their front row, though with a chance to not work on any given person. I was cagey about it before the fight because I knew they were reading the thread and I didn't want to get focused/stunned out of my big attack.

I should be able to recover from the damage I've got on my own--I'll be good to go for the next battle if you want me in.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't know what to make of the AA thing. I can't understand why a scum would parachute in to the thread to try to derail a lynch in the middle of a scum claim. It's a bafflingly stupid thing to do. Like, it could go down as one of the worst scum decisions to ever grace these forums if he is scum. I just... man. I have a hard time accepting that.

However, I've been burned on "too scummy to be scum" too many times and we are ahead so I'd vote AA.

Need to actually read his other content though but I'm too busy building furniture and watching football today so I'm not going to do a whole lot of new reading until tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I attempted to frighten the entire front enemy rank using my brujeria

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also the cases on me are good, but they forget one crucial element. That I'm a dumbass. I got drunk, was feeling feisty and obligated. Thought quid was being set up. Tinfoiled myself into thinking his scum slip claim was frustration. I'm just an idiot.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also the cases on me are good, but they forget one crucial element. That I'm a dumbass. I got drunk, was feeling feisty and obligated. Thought quid was being set up. Tinfoiled myself into thinking his scum slip claim was frustration. I'm just an idiot.

OK, so while you're here - who do you think is scum now?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Please explain in more detail why you didn't heal yesterday.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm out of anime so I can't do anymore healing for the time being.

Use me for combat as much as needed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Please explain in more detail why you didn't heal yesterday.

I attempted to heal monathin. Assuming someone thinking I was scum blocked me or scum knowing I was town did.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I attempted to heal monathin. Assuming someone thinking I was scum blocked me or scum knowing I was town did.

Who do you think might have done the block? Any suspects?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm out of anime so I can't do anymore healing for the time being.

I know this was a typo for Shine but man I lol'ed at this. :j:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I know this was a typo for Shine but man I lol'ed at this. :j:

Lol I didn't even notice. Wrt who do I think blocked me, not a clue. I was lurking hard and suddenly appeared claiming to have a heal and wanting to battle. So anyone with a block and was town might have felt the need to block me.

Then on the flipside of that, anyone who was scum saw me come in after lurking urgently voicing the claim to my heal and a desire for battle.

I feel it's more likely town thought I'd try shenanigans and blocked me.

So yeah out of shine, but I can still be useful in combat. As far as scum hunting goes... I don't even trust my instincts. I spent like 2 1/2 hours making that lovely tmm as scum case, but I will say I still feel Moats play overall is questionable imo.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid's health could use a very small top-off if Burgundy wants him in today, but otherwise, he's more than ready to fight.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i don't think this is the slam dunk you're saying it is

i spoke too soon, because when yesterday's screwup is combined with "my claimed pro-town ability was blocked and i can't do it again anyway please put me in battle" it definitely looks bad

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i spoke too soon, because when yesterday's screwup is combined with "my claimed pro-town ability was blocked and i can't do it again anyway please put me in battle" it definitely looks bad

I had a day action blocked D1

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Or rather, the action failed, I assume I was blocked.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

yeah none of it is damning but all together it sure doesn't look good

also a claimed battle action of "i might have debuffed their front row"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah none of it is damning but all together it sure doesn't look good

also a claimed battle action of "i might have debuffed their front row"

I did debuff. I spooked em

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Rules Clarification: If you receive a SUCCESS result when using an ability, that simply means you successfully used the ability. It does not indicate whether the ability's full effects were applied. :cheers:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well I revert to my original stance that I attempted to spook them.

I may or may not have spooked them.

:v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Or rather, the action failed, I assume I was blocked.

Can I ask what the flavor was around you being blocked? My gut reaction to that is that I don’t see how a RB would work on a day action.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
All I gotta say right now is

loving lol

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Podima posted:

:cheers: Rules Clarification: If you receive a SUCCESS result when using an ability, that simply means you successfully used the ability. It does not indicate whether the ability's full effects were applied. :cheers:

I was guessing so. I "healed" Tobbs on D1 and got a success result, when obviously it should have done nothing at all

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Truth Quark posted:

I want to know what these thoughts are that were never posted "later today."

Also good job amigos, we roughed up some Texans.

Sure it was based on your early quid push absent any other momentum which I believe was you burying your vote in a scummate for town cred.

Your Slaan case was really weak, and you vote quidnose in this fashion after some back and forth:

Truth Quark posted:

I'm gonna ##vote Quidnose, call it a gutread but he just feels way more inconsistent and snipey this game than normal.

You knew he wasn't gonna be the lynch at that time and it was a good way to muddy future waters.

Then when it comes to D1 lynch king b asks for consolidation and you vote slaan and then push a case that slaan is scum because they aren't voting for pmush

Truth Quark posted:

Every single one of these points has been addressed and discussed in detail by other posters. Are you reading the thread yourself?

Like I can understand saying things like "to me it reads as genuine" but you're presenting them as hard facts and completely ignoring what other people have said about them. Even the first sentence where you actually use the phrase "to me" just reads as you presenting a fact. This post by Quidnose of all people gives a nice example:

Part of the reason I wanted Tobbs to explain himself was because after I saw what looked potentially liked cherry picking to me I did a very quick and cursory reread of him to see how he continued to talk about PMush and he...kinda drops casing her? But maybe that's just because he feels he's presented his case and is scumhunting elsewhere. I wanted to poke at him to see how he replied and if that was going to say about it before I directly asked (and I needed to reread more because again, I feel like I'm edge of my seat trying to get a lot of this poo poo done before I have to hop in a car for 20 minutes) and instead I got this so, that didn't work.

(ignoring the section about Tobbs)

I legit think Slaan is scum trying to shift the vote away from PMush.
[/quote]

Which is so weird because this would mean that you thought both slaan and pmush were scum but you still voted slaan for pushing the vote off their scummate pmush?

Makes no sense to me

You end the day saying you will vote pmush or slaan but never gamer and never actually vote pmush

I think you're scum my man

##vote TQ

Also:

:drat:

We jacked up those texans, probably gonna need to reread peck

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Can I ask what the flavor was around you being blocked? My gut reaction to that is that I don’t see how a RB would work on a day action.

No flavor apart from an indication that my action didn't go through.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Flavor probably doesn't matter fwiw, but my action just failed and I used my hooch.

Also the phases in this game probably make that less relevant too. Role Madness meticulouslycraftedness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FYI, also fine with Kash and TMM claiming whatever they want now that the others have said theirs.

I also of course need to know if you all are hurt/etc.

And anyone new get hurt last night?

• Locked thread