Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
More important, what are they doing about Salem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fsxmnvy3Fg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If we lived in a perfect world he would have the same actor as the MJH show and cartoon.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Namely the idea that Jefferson used to be an established powered hero, which did not exist on Earth 1.

Im confused, wasn't there a story in Legends of Tomorrow where they met and interacted with a powered super hero team complete with costumes during WWII?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Im confused, wasn't there a story in Legends of Tomorrow where they met and interacted with a powered super hero team complete with costumes during WWII?

Legends fucks stuff up so often they have to be an alternate timeline by now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

The whole JSA thing was played off like it was a secret organization or something because literally nobody has heard of them.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

The writing team, like the Legends themselves, are idiots.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/UPROXX/status/950474673388650497

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Good. I hope Schwartz and Savage seriously rethink their approach to pacing for S2, because the ending of the next-to-last episode is about where the show should have been by the end of the fourth or fifth episode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any word on cloak and dagger? I haven't heard a peep about the air date and thought it was airing winter this year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Any word on cloak and dagger? I haven't heard a peep about the air date and thought it was airing winter this year.

It's only ever been called a 2018 premiere.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Barry Convex posted:

Good. I hope Schwartz and Savage seriously rethink their approach to pacing for S2, because the ending of the next-to-last episode is about where the show should have been by the end of the fourth or fifth episode.

I would settle for them never pushing "lol no such thing as magic, only science, SCIENCE!" again. It's obnoxious and doesn't make the show feel smart at all.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ToastyPotato posted:

I would settle for them never pushing "lol no such thing as magic, only science, SCIENCE!" again. It's obnoxious and doesn't make the show feel smart at all.

That's apparently a Marvel mandate and not their choice.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Runaways season finale is mostly good, but still largely feels like what the show should have been four or five episodes earlier.

I hope Schwartz and Savage take criticism of the series’ pacing to heart for S2.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

esperterra posted:

That's apparently a Marvel mandate and not their choice.

That's silly. There was Magic all over the last season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There was even an evil book full of dark magic spells.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Reset Smith posted:

That's silly. There was Magic all over the last season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There was even an evil book full of dark magic spells.

Eh, kinda but not really. The Ghost Rider was never outright stated to be a bona fide supernatural entity as opposed to some sort of extradimensional being, and the Darkhold was presented as being more a super-science blueprint collection than anything magical.

If nothing else, though, it did show that there was no need to have a character explicitly state that the Staff of One wasn't really magic. Just explain that it's from wherever Jonah is from and leave it vague, or some such.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Tick episodes coming to Amazon Feb 23rd. Close enough that I'm excited but far enough away that I'm sad I can't watch them soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBNBxQZbY4

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
My other big hope for Runaways S2 is that they hire directors who can direct action within a budget, or just don't bother having these big confrontation scenes ever again. Everyone standing in a line and taking turns like an oldschool Final Fantasy game is really loving bad. And they are two for two with scenes like that now.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Runaways is the TV equivalent of a Miles Morales comic.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Krypton trailer.

I am genuinely unsure of my thoughts on this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catlord posted:

Krypton trailer.

I can't believe how wrong I was about this. I was certain it was going to be set on Krypton for the pilot only and by the 2nd act move to some past time on Earth where Seyg-El would learn what it is to be human BLAH BLAH BLAH. This trailer had me until I remembered it's a David Goyer show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I can't believe how wrong I was about this. I was certain it was going to be set on Krypton for the pilot only and by the 2nd act move to some past time on Earth where Seyg-El would learn what it is to be human BLAH BLAH BLAH. This trailer had me until I remembered it's a David Goyer show.

The show is called Krypton and I can't imagine them stealing plots from loving Smallville.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

ToastyPotato posted:

My other big hope for Runaways S2 is that they hire directors who can direct action within a budget, or just don't bother having these big confrontation scenes ever again. Everyone standing in a line and taking turns like an oldschool Final Fantasy game is really loving bad. And they are two for two with scenes like that now.

Seriously, even with all the changes to the source material, this is the biggest sore spot for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

The show is called Krypton and I can't imagine them stealing plots from loving Smallville.

I would put nothing past Goyer.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Seriously, even with all the changes to the source material, this is the biggest sore spot for me.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting much action wise from Schwartz/Savage, but it was even worse than what I figured we would get. Hope they hire someone to handle those scenes.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Looks like I can just scratch Adam Strange off my Legends betting pool.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So what do y'all like about the show then? Feels like more Arrow-esque punishment to me, tapped out in the middle of the first ep.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Legends knows how dumb it is, and has embraced it rather than going all super serious trying to pretend its not a dumb comic book show.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

From season 2 onwards, that is.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

catlord posted:

Krypton trailer.

I wish they'd gone a different direction for this, and had everything take place in the bottled-city of Kandor, with a giant Superman keeping them as pets. Like sea monkeys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

roffels posted:

I wish they'd gone a different direction for this, and had everything take place in the bottled-city of Kandor, with a giant Superman keeping them as pets. Like sea monkeys.

Well, that show would have to be called "Kandor," wouldn't it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As long as there’s some dirt in the bottle it’s still Krypton.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fractalairduct posted:

From season 2 onwards, that is.

Yea, Season 1 they think Guy who throws knives good Vandal Savage is a compelling villain.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

roffels posted:

You just figured out the final episode twist

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Retro Futurist posted:

You just figured out the final episode twist
edit: ignore. Kinda tasteless.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 12, 2018

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Legends knows how dumb it is, and has embraced it rather than going all super serious trying to pretend its not a dumb comic book show.

Was talking about Runaways, since its seems the majority of posts consist of people criticizing it and then talking about watching its 2nd season.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

good day for a bris posted:

A young Kal-El stares intensely at the snowglobe city of Kandor, imagining the lives of the people who would have populated it. Nearby, mild mannered plumber Jor-El looks at his autistic son and desperately wishes he could connect with his son, wondering what he could possibly find so fascinating about the old paperweight they received while on a family vacation, years ago, during better times.

He sighs, changes the channel to a news report about how yet another quake has hit the coast of the city they call home. In the distance a crying Superman can be heard beating Bizarro to death.

this meme is digusting

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

TFRazorsaw posted:

this meme is digusting

I was aiming for the end of St. Elsewhere but yeah, maybe you're right.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shageletic posted:

Was talking about Runaways, since its seems the majority of posts consist of people criticizing it and then talking about watching its 2nd season.

I think we've only been criticizing 2 scenes (not even entire episodes), it's not an action heavy show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Runaways is weird. I'm up to episode 8, and at the beginning I thought the decision to put more focus on the parents was great, but as the season's gone on my opinion on that has drifted a little, and I really don't give a drat about which member of Pride is sleeping with which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

American Gods Season 2 got its new showrunner and uhhhh....I guess it's Neil Gaiman.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/american-gods-starz-boss-showrunner-cast-exits-season-2-plans-1202242030/

quote:

Neil Gaiman will be taking more of a central role and moving forward into a more traditional showrunner function. And we’re looking for a partner for him who can ensure that the television part of this gets appropriate attention

This could get interesting.