Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Because I was voting for TQ because that’s what my vote is. I have no interest in “saving” little mac or whatever, he was just the least good candidate at the time.

hmmmmm well that does sound like your usual old-school MO I gotta admit, but I'm not fully convinced yet. Here's hoping your posts over the course of the day inspire a change of heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Early on D1, he soft claimed what I thought was Brutal Cop. If that was really his claim, I can see why he'd think that makes him look super towny.

But now he seems to be implying he is just a mason? Or a mason jailer/killer? God knows. In any case, I see no reason why that would make him towny, and his current shifting claim does not seem to be at all consistent with his soft claim earlier.

well it's not a mason at least. No clue here on my end.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

well it's not a mason at least. No clue here on my end.

Huh. Ooooookay then.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Early on D1, he soft claimed what I thought was Brutal Cop. If that was really his claim, I can see why he'd think that makes him look super towny.

But now he seems to be implying he is just a mason? Or a mason jailer/killer? God knows. In any case, I see no reason why that would make him towny, and his current shifting claim does not seem to be at all consistent with his soft claim earlier.

Ahhh I am dense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I just read the wiki on my lady again. I bet I'm the stabbed flavor.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

....actually wait. The Turks team, of course they'd suspect that even if it wasn't spelled out for them. They'd expect Shinra to be the main bad guys.

This got me thinking.

Why would they think that?

Shinra in game employ the Turks, they'd have no reason to even begin to believe that they had different alignments to one another.

But more importantly, it got me thinking about a secondary point.

We know there are at least two scum teams.

Assuming that the scum teams aren't full scum teams but are undersized to compensate for the presence of multiple factions, the scum teams knew that there were multiple factions on D1.

Let's play the Nat20 imagination game.

Imagine I'm a player on an undermanned scum team called Shinra or the Turks. Who do I assume is the other scum team?

If I'm the Turks, maybe, maybe, I think it's Shinra. But if it's Shinra, no way on earth do I think it's the Turks.

I think it's Sephiroth.

I think we're making a huge mistake if we assume that there are only two scum teams. I think there are three and the third is something like Jenova/Sephiroth.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Nah. I’m pretty new to this game (FF7) but even I know sephiroth would be 3P. Like no one works with sephiroth do they?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I think we're making a huge mistake if we assume that there are only two scum teams. I think there are three and the third is something like Jenova/Sephiroth.

Yeah it would be hella weird if there wasn't anything related to them. But as Gaspy just mentioned, it could be technically a 3P or something. Or maybe an SK team like me and KB had in FF6? :dance:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Nah. I’m pretty new to this game (FF7) but even I know sephiroth would be 3P. Like no one works with sephiroth do they?

how far are you now, need updates

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

This got me thinking.

Why would they think that?

Shinra in game employ the Turks, they'd have no reason to even begin to believe that they had different alignments to one another.

But more importantly, it got me thinking about a secondary point.

We know there are at least two scum teams.

Assuming that the scum teams aren't full scum teams but are undersized to compensate for the presence of multiple factions, the scum teams knew that there were multiple factions on D1.

Let's play the Nat20 imagination game.

Imagine I'm a player on an undermanned scum team called Shinra or the Turks. Who do I assume is the other scum team?

If I'm the Turks, maybe, maybe, I think it's Shinra. But if it's Shinra, no way on earth do I think it's the Turks.

I think it's Sephiroth.

I mean, if there were three scum teams, wouldn't the numbers have to be super low? Like, so low that we might have ended one of them already? 25 people - So single scum team would be like, 6-7? So if there were three, 2 per? I dunno. I'm leaning towards 2 teams making more sense. Maybe throw in a 3p or two?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah it would be hella weird if there wasn't anything related to them. But as Gaspy just mentioned, it could be technically a 3P or something. Or maybe an SK team like me and KB had in FF6? :dance:

Yeah, it was a great set of roles. Wouldn't surprise me if Pig ran with that again if the flavor makes sense for it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

King Burgundy posted:

maybe if you keep rolefishing you'll land on the correct one eventually. holy poo poo. i am not "shifting" my claim.

King Burgundy posted:

Back at computer, so can quote the posts:

regarding those posts of mine that you quoted, i thought it would be amusing to select the target of my night action in the middle of d1. the ambiguity of that post was intentional, i was just having some fun after a happy hour last friday haha. anyway, i decided to use it on the first person to respond to my post, which was bif.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

how far are you now, need updates

Stairs. Stairs stairs stairs.

Also people have mentioned they think FF7 updates are padding so although I’m not quite paranoid enough to think you’re trying to get me lunched, I’d really rather keep it in out of game chat.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

maybe if you keep rolefishing you'll land on the correct one eventually. holy poo poo. i am not "shifting" my claim.

regarding those posts of mine that you quoted, i thought it would be amusing to select the target of my night action in the middle of d1. the ambiguity of that post was intentional, i was just having some fun after a happy hour last friday haha. anyway, i decided to use it on the first person to respond to my post, which was bif.

SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM!

##vote bminus

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

then why weren't you voting him till hammertime?

Weird post.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

This is what I was going for. Jenova/Sephiroth is my most obvious choice, although I think Jenova/Sephiroth/Hojo is a strong possibility.

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, if there were three scum teams, wouldn't the numbers have to be super low? Like, so low that we might have ended one of them already? 25 people - So single scum team would be like, 6-7? So if there were three, 2 per? I dunno. I'm leaning towards 2 teams making more sense. Maybe throw in a 3p or two?

So I'm going to metagame.

25 person game. Assume 3 scum teams. We know already that one team has at least 3 people. Let's then look back at FFVI and the 2 man SK team. So a guess would be 2 teams of 3 people, 1 team of 2 people that's stronger for being more undermanned.

Even if every team ruthlessly and perfectly targets town every single day with their individual NKs and town fails to lynch anything but town, town is only annihilated by the end of day 5. (17 town, 4 die each day, the final town member dies on day 5).

Consider the reverse, scum always kill the other teams and town always lynch scum. With absolutely perfectly even killing (to maintain the NK for all factions) town win by the end of N2. (8 scum, 4 die each day). If a single person has BP it's the end of D3.

Both those scenarios are within the stress test for a mafia game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

Dude. For you to even try to sell this as rolefishing is redonkulous. Nice attempt to divert attention/throw some shade. You were the one that told us we would think you were super towny if we looked back at your posts. Did you mean something other than your brutal cop soft claim? Note that I recognized your soft claim when it happened and deliberately didn't comment on it. Did you not assume that is what everyone would think you were claiming with that series of posts?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's too bad tithin isn't around to tell us to hold off on putting players at -7 so early in the day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Natural 20 posted:

We know already that one team has at least 3 people.

How do we know this? We have two flipped from one faction, one from another, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uh, how so? Gaspy's claiming he was totally cool with lunching DB, but we were getting to crunch time and despite Gaspy being around the whole time, he couldn't be bothered to add his vote to the pile until it was a totally foregone conclusion.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

King Burgundy posted:

Dude. For you to even try to sell this as rolefishing is redonkulous. Nice attempt to divert attention/throw some shade. You were the one that told us we would think you were super towny if we looked back at your posts. Did you mean something other than your brutal cop soft claim? Note that I recognized your soft claim when it happened and deliberately didn't comment on it. Did you not assume that is what everyone would think you were claiming with that series of posts?

i was a little harsh/defensive, sorry. and i dont even know what a brutal cop is.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Okay cool so let me throw out some ideas before scum realizes I'm 100% #1 town superstar and offs me

So pod is cleared from being shinra but my guess is between him and bif there is a turk a lurkin

My guess is probably pod since both him and gulag wanted to off me as a lurker lynch prior to my grand appearance yesterday.

Tobbs and king b are my suspects for another shinra and I'm leaning towards king b being scum (partially because I wanna believe both me and my man are on the level this game)

Caveat: I'm about 3 pgs behind

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

King Burgundy posted:

How do we know this? We have two flipped from one faction, one from another, right?

When the Imperial were defeated (RIP) in FFVI a message came up saying the faction had been defeated even though the game wasn't over yet.

On that assumption I believe there is at least one member of Shinra left.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Okay cool so let me throw out some ideas before scum realizes I'm 100% #1 town superstar and offs me

So pod is cleared from being shinra but my guess is between him and bif there is a turk a lurkin

My guess is probably pod since both him and gulag wanted to off me as a lurker lynch prior to my grand appearance yesterday.

Tobbs and king b are my suspects for another shinra and I'm leaning towards king b being scum (partially because I wanna believe both me and my man are on the level this game)

I'm a great suspect for shinra despite pushing tithin, dropping my vote on NGO, and making sure DB was far enough ahead of NGO to be the clear leader.

I mean, I could be the other one. It's more likely that GD was hard-bussing me than me being aligned with tithin and DB.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

When the Imperial were defeated (RIP) in FFVI a message came up saying the faction had been defeated even though the game wasn't over yet.

On that assumption I believe there is at least one member of Shinra left.

even if we can't count on that sort of notification, I think we can presume there's more Shinra left seeing as we flipped Scarlet and Heidegger, but no Rufus.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm a great suspect for shinra despite pushing tithin, dropping my vote on NGO, and making sure DB was far enough ahead of NGO to be the clear leader.

I mean, I could be the other one. It's more likely that GD was hard-bussing me than me being aligned with tithin and DB.

lol just wait for Moat to catch up, those are a pretty important 3 pages, especially when it comes to his KB ideas

but hey KB, you already claimed your actual night action so why not claim your role flavor too?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Told you guys we should lynch lurkers

Will reread soon, please continue your discussion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

So I was just bussing tithin the whole day?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

lol just wait for Moat to catch up, those are a pretty important 3 pages, especially when it comes to his KB ideas

but hey KB, you already claimed your actual night action so why not claim your role flavor too?

Sure. Yuffie.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

A bit defensive... :cmon:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Sure. Yuffie.

Isn’t yuffie a thief? How does a vig work?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

A bit defensive... :cmon:

:rolleyes:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will be caught up around 730pm PST

King Burgundy posted:

I was just bussing tithin the whole day

Wow i never thought it would be this easy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Isn’t yuffie a thief? How does a vig work?

No clue. Wiki says I'm a ninja and a thief. You would know more than I do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

I will be caught up around 730pm PST

Wow i never thought it would be this easy

Heh.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

No clue. Wiki says I'm a ninja and a thief. You would know more than I do.

How would I know more? I haven’t even met yuffie in the game but I’m pretty sure yuffies big thing is she steals materia and fucks the party over. Ninja seems right due to the giant shuriken but still not seeing where vig comes in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Truth Quark posted:

Technically neither scum team would know the other existed before N1, so we can still look for fake casing. Might be obfuscated a bit since there were actual fake opinions for the other team to look for, but it's still useful.

I actually kind of like this post, makes me feel better about TQ. If we have multiple scumteams, from a numbers perspective it's gonna be blatantly obvious to members of each group that there has to be more than just them out there. I don't think scum with that knowledge staring them in the face thus far comes into D2 making this post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think it is statistically unlikely for Yuffie to be a literal Mafia-role ninja at this point

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it is statistically unlikely for Yuffie to be a literal Mafia-role ninja at this point

Everyone is a ninja!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

How would I know more? I haven’t even met yuffie in the game but I’m pretty sure yuffies big thing is she steals materia and fucks the party over. Ninja seems right due to the giant shuriken but still not seeing where vig comes in.

Because you are playing the game and I never have. Didn't realize you hadn't encountered the character.

Anyway, once I checked the wiki and realized the giant thing she was holding was a shuriken, it made sense to me that my flavor was probably the stabbing.

I can't speak to how Pig assigns abilities/roles.

• Locked thread