Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Toshimo posted:

Idk what titans are but I don't think I'm there yet.

They are the big walls after certain zones. High Security Base is about the same difficulty as sky (slightly harder) so you can get gear there. If you still need boss kills you'll get there don't worry.

When you unlock High Security Base you unlock the first titan too, it's the zone after that. You probably wont be able to take it out until you can actually clear the zone after that. Titans are big hour long bosses with tons of stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

Realm Grinder update:

They keep adding stuff to this game but it's still a drat chore to actually play, and these updates only make it worse.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

They keep adding stuff to this game but it's still a drat chore to actually play, and these updates only make it worse.

I mean if you find it a chore this won't change that at all, but these seem to be in line with their opening-up-the-endgame-before-further-major-content updates; this looks like it really barely changes anything before R108

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

I mean if you find it a chore this won't change that at all, but these seem to be in line with their opening-up-the-endgame-before-further-major-content updates; this looks like it really barely changes anything before R108

Basically it just seems like once they added Merc and Research templates they stopped working on ways to actually make the game play better. There are a million little choices you have to make (Bloodlines, lineages, research and merc builds) and mis-clicking any one of them basically means you gotta abdicate and do it again. And you have to keep doing that a few different times before you get to the next "meta" build. What I want them to do is add a 'snapshot' function that saves all the choices you made in your build, the merc build, the research build, all that stuff, and another button to attempt to 'reload' the snapshot. Then you could abdicate and just mash that button until you're gaining gems again.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm pretty sure they did actually do something like that though. :confused:

Like not a complete snap for more intricate builds but you can hit a button to buy the same researches as last abdication, buy max upgrades, etc.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloodlines and Lineages are two clicks each; you can only ever have at most 2 lineages available to you at the same time; mercs and research already come with templates...

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm pretty sure they did actually do something like that though. :confused:

Like not a complete snap for more intricate builds but you can hit a button to buy the same researches as last abdication, buy max upgrades, etc.

Did they actually add that first thing? I might look in on it again then.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Yeah I'm in realm grinder real deep again and I'm really enjoying the new UI finally after a while of being turned off by it. Buy Max (including the faction coin stuff) and templates solved my MAJOR problems with it pre-revamp.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
For NGU

Feature Request: Dunkaccino Pit

It's like the Money Pit but for items and boosts. You can only use it once per hour/run. It just slurps up all your non protected gear/boosts and returns raw exp.

This would give people incentive to collect gear/boosts even after they've capped out.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Realm Grinder question, I just reached the Prestige Research stage. I did both the Dwarves and Drow quests to unlock their building but I get no research tab to actually do research with them. What am I doing wrong?

Also Realm Grinder really needs a shortcut for Buy All, and a one click button (or shortcut) to Buy Max of all buildings going down the list. Having to manually click each building gets tedious after the 9 billionth time.

Edit:
Nevermind, found out you need an artifact to and I tend to keep my excavations as low as possible so I never found it before.

nessin fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 7, 2018

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

nessin posted:

Realm Grinder question, I just reached the Prestige Research stage. I did both the Dwarves and Drow quests to unlock their building but I get no research tab to actually do research with them. What am I doing wrong?

Also Realm Grinder really needs a shortcut for Buy All, and a one click button (or shortcut) to Buy Max of all buildings going down the list. Having to manually click each building gets tedious after the 9 billionth time.

I would kill for a 'upgrade max in multiples of 10/100/1000' button, although I know it's just my OCD, but yeah having a 'buy all buildings' button would be great.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
NGU: Could you add an exp unlock that just autostacks gear? Having to manually drag it all around is such a chore. I know it would break the whole inventory thing but, well, it's a chore, not much more to say.

Also, could you make it so that the Adventure mode actively idles while i'm away? Having to leave the my laptop on to progress in that seems to be keeping it running hot and draining the battery a lot (probably some chrome resource thing).

Also, some quality of life features like the adventure mode not resetting when i rebirth would be great.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Kin posted:

NGU: Could you add an exp unlock that just autostacks gear? Having to manually drag it all around is such a chore. I know it would break the whole inventory thing but, well, it's a chore, not much more to say.

Also, could you make it so that the Adventure mode actively idles while i'm away? Having to leave the my laptop on to progress in that seems to be keeping it running hot and draining the battery a lot (probably some chrome resource thing).

Also, some quality of life features like the adventure mode not resetting when i rebirth would be great.

Press D while clicking on a piece of gear to stack all of it in your inventory automatically

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

comingafteryouall posted:

Press D while clicking on a piece of gear to stack all of it in your inventory automatically

Mind. Blown.

That's awesome, but still.... could it not just let me spend 500 exp or something and automate it?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
That would remove a pretty integral part of the game I'd think. You're forced to come back to the game after leaving it idle for a while to combine your gear and boosts. It keeps you coming back.

I think using D and A is perfectly reasonable.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I keep coming back to rebirth, shift energy around augments and put it into other things like improving adventure stats or the time machine.

There's enough there already to entice me to come back and my inventory fills up after like 30 minutes of idling. It's quite a chore to have to stay on top of it to that extent.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
My current plan for a compromise system thing is something you can buy, to select a slot in your equipment loadout. Then, any incoming loot drop matching that item's id will automerge with the selected item at some % chance of success.

So you can "work on" a specific item, but it won't just trivialize all merging forever.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Merging is just a bit of an odd system for an idle game and wouldn't be hurt by just being able to unlock 'auto-merge' bonus slots that merge them automatically without loss. It's really not a fun mechanic and punishing it seems bizarre unless your goal is really just to encourage more mindless click dragging.

E: Not to say the merging isn't interesting, just the manual process it requires is awful.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rynoto posted:

Merging is just a bit of an odd system for an idle game and wouldn't be hurt by just being able to unlock 'auto-merge' bonus slots that merge them automatically without loss. It's really not a fun mechanic and punishing it seems bizarre unless your goal is really just to encourage more mindless click dragging.

E: Not to say the merging isn't interesting, just the manual process it requires is awful.

Hold D and click, it will merge all copies of an item onto it. Manually dragging is terrible, and why batch merging was made.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I just picked up NGU again after a few months off.

I think there is a small error(off by one?) in the unlock of augmentations
The augmentation below Energy Buster (charge shot) says I have to git gud and beat boss 47 but i'm standing in front of the bouncer and it says he is boss 48.

Also is there supposed to be any text/descriptions of the various blood magic rituals because i just see bars?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

pixaal posted:

Hold D and click, it will merge all copies of an item onto it. Manually dragging is terrible, and why batch merging was made.

I can't seem to get this to work in Chrome.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Are you on a laptop, kin? Apparently it doesnt work with touchpads or something.

I'll be adding a clickable button soon to the inventory menu to help facilitate using merge all and boost all.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

My current plan for a compromise system thing is something you can buy, to select a slot in your equipment loadout. Then, any incoming loot drop matching that item's id will automerge with the selected item at some % chance of success.

So you can "work on" a specific item, but it won't just trivialize all merging forever.

So what happens if I pick forest pendant and AFK on sky all night? Do I come back to 10 or so ascended sitting there or 1 at 99 and a bunch of levels 2s? Or 10 or so 99s?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If I double ascend my forest amulet, does it keep all the boosts I've put into the regular ascended?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
It loses the boosts but conveniently starts with stats similar to a maxxed ascended.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

something posted:

Are you on a laptop, kin? Apparently it doesnt work with touchpads or something.

I'll be adding a clickable button soon to the inventory menu to help facilitate using merge all and boost all.

Yup, laptop, that'll be it.

Good shout on the buttons (though please add an exp based auto upgrade function for them too :D)

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
NGU: Idea for an AP upgrade: A check box or Lock icon or something above the time machine + energy/magic buttons to auto dump your idle energy/magic into them so as your energy and magic is generated on a new run, they will automatically get allocated to your time machine!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Garfu posted:

NGU: Idea for an AP upgrade: A check box or Lock icon or something above the time machine + energy/magic buttons to auto dump your idle energy/magic into them so as your energy and magic is generated on a new run, they will automatically get allocated to your time machine!

If that happens do that for Wandoos as well, both time machine and wandoos are used as energy / magic dumps depending on the type of run.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

while you're at it add it for augmentations too

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

24 hour challenge reward seems broken. I've done the challenge 9 times now yet still get 6 XP from the 2D bosses, even though 6 * (100+9*2)% comes out to 7.08. Killing King Circle is where it jumps from 6 to 8.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

24 hour challenge reward seems broken. I've done the challenge 9 times now yet still get 6 XP from the 2D bosses, even though 6 * (100+9*2)% comes out to 7.08. Killing King Circle is where it jumps from 6 to 8.

The bonus +1 from the first time you beat it is after the multiplier. So you go from 1 to 2 at boss 24 when the bonus kicks in, but you are still at 1xp base.

I just double checked the boss kill XP table and King Circle is the first boss with 6XP and 6XP is where you get +1 for 9. Good news! 10 makes 5XP kills give +1 so you might want to grab that too.Next real increase are 13 15 and 17. The way XP with bonus % and flat works aren't really explained in game at all. I'm not really sure there is a good way to explain it outside of a help page.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 7, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Stalling out at e140 mysteries in Idle Wizard. I too am walled by needing three legendary items when I only have two :(

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ah okay then that makes sense. Yeah I'm going for 10 today.

I've done about four of the 24 hour challenges in a row and have found them to be pretty easy so far. My general pattern has been to start fairly early in the afternoon, do short runs until I'm within 6-8 bosses of my target, then set up a big ramp run overnight that can either kill the boss when I wake up or set me up with a rebirth that can do it in an hour or two.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

pixaal posted:

If that happens do that for Wandoos as well, both time machine and wandoos are used as energy / magic dumps depending on the type of run.

Hey something: Wandoos could use an explanation of what stats it affects (your main attack/defense or your adventuring power/toughness?) somewhere in the help description. I also still don't know how to unlock the 100 levels challenge - if the page is supposed to scroll I still can't, though moving the unlock requirement to the top would work just as well honestly.

If we're talking about automatic convenience upgrades, an upgrade that automatically dumps the 12 energy needed into training each run would be nice, or even just sets their cost to zero. It could be locked behind a requirement to get all your training costs down to 1 first.

Anyway that's all up to you, I'm having fun with this game regardless, voted 5!

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Feb 8, 2018

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

NGU: am I supposed to be getting A Number every time I defeat GRB?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

oldskool posted:

NGU: am I supposed to be getting A Number every time I defeat GRB?

How else are you going to get it to level 100 for the set bonus? The one it's not part of but probably will be at some point. I'm going to be sad when it doesn't go up after hitting level 100. I know it wont because there's no empty squares on the item list. But I'm still going to be. Please make the graphic change at level 100 only. It's be a fun easter egg.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
NGU:
When you buy the loot filter, the message says you spent 1000XP still.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

The new RG update really doesn't add much for me (R106), I'm assuming it comes later? There's a lot of chatter in the Discord about how one would go about getting the Faction Sets, but no one seems to have found a way to do it proper.

Also I somehow volunteered to rewrite the Not-a-Wiki website for RG in a language and template engine I've never used before, so RIP me.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Kinda got here bass-ackwards by finding NGU, playing for a bit, then realizing it was goonmade due to the info page.

Is there a discord for it? Searched a few pages of this topic, but didn't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Post poste posted:

Kinda got here bass-ackwards by finding NGU, playing for a bit, then realizing it was goonmade due to the info page.

Is there a discord for it? Searched a few pages of this topic, but didn't find anything.

Click the giant discord icon in that same info page :v:. I should have text and an arrow pointing to it saying CLICK.