Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

also KB: I was thinking about those posts of mine that you quoted from the shine game. remember i was turboed d1 in that game even though (i thought) I had posted more detailed reads than i have in this game. so can you really blame me for trying a different strategy? i was a little overzealous and probably should not have breadcrumbed my role so early in this game, but i never thought i would be attacked so aggressively by a few players in this game. i don't get it

You didn't get cuddled for posting reads in that game. So no, I don't believe that you deliberately set out to give less reads this game due to your performance in last that had nothing to do with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little Mac posted:

because I think he was just loving around and it's not worth pressing

it's basically jumping on something minute and bad to push a person

which in general seems to be a problem I'm seeing in this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Little Mac posted:

because I think he was just loving around and it's not worth pressing

Wait so you think he was just loving around and you don't believe the claim either? But you don't think it's worth pressing? What the hell

Little Mac posted:

this is far from "minute", mate

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think I’m now on team murder B-Minus and still murder LMac

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think I’m now on team murder B-Minus and still murder LMac

:yeah: :agreed: :same:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait so you think he was just loving around and you don't believe the claim either? But you don't think it's worth pressing? What the hell

this is far from "minute", mate

he said he was going to protect someone. Sounds like he's just trying to draw scum and he's probably vanilla. It's a distraction.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok YPM, I can see LM too now.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Little Mac posted:

he said he was going to protect someone. Sounds like he's just trying to draw scum and he's probably vanilla. It's a distraction.

He didn't say he was going to protect someone though. He said if they were town they'd live through the night. This does not imply protection at all to me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

King Burgundy posted:

Ok YPM, I can see LM too now.

Same

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont understand how lmac can believe bminus is lying, but then say that me pushing him is me pushing him over something "minute" like him LYING ABOUT HIS ROLE

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Can’t respond to everything. I’ll be bsck in a few hours

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Guys I’m v. Good at this game (please don’t lynch me for lying)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Little Mac posted:

i had this same idea, actually, but with his full claim and everything afterwards, i couldnt see this. after seeing how big of a failure this gambit was, i felt like he would have to cave in, not double down on a fake full claim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

i had this same idea, actually, but with his full claim and everything afterwards, i couldnt see this. after seeing how big of a failure this gambit was, i felt like he would have to cave in, not double down on a fake full claim

and if he's really vanilla, would he have Tifa for flavor? It sounds more like he's trying to show off a badass fakeclaim that he thought would make him look super townie. And the possibility of a reflect power or something. He sounded like a brutal cop after his hinting yesterday, which should have made him a prime target for scum.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

b-minus1 posted:

It is very odd that only a handful of players are dead set on lynching me, while others either believe me or haven't commented.

Bifauxnen, flerp, King Burgundy, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tobbs Gnawed and Truth Quark want me to die.

Hey I want you dead too. Rude.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

and if he's really vanilla, would he have Tifa for flavor? It sounds more like he's trying to show off a badass fakeclaim that he thought would make him look super townie. And the possibility of a reflect power or something. He sounded like a brutal cop after his hinting yesterday, which should have made him a prime target for scum.

i dont have a clue, my flavor is dumb

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah if people picked up a cop softclaim and didn’t kill him, that’s a bit weird. Another point in KB’s favour.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

I see what you did there.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I guess I'm just bad, wrong and incomprehensible.

Still I'll continue to try...

I'm not saying that we should abandon trying to determine player motive altogether.

It's just that b-min's explanation of what they did seemed sufficient.

I feel like analysis of this specific behavior from him won't result in anything logical and will only continue to make him look worse.

I mean haven't you all acted illogically in a mafia game before, or are you all perfectly understood, perfectly sensible super detectives at all time? :v:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I guess I'm just bad, wrong and incomprehensible.

Still I'll continue to try...

I'm not saying that we should abandon trying to determine player motive altogether.

It's just that b-min's explanation of what they did seemed sufficient.

I feel like analysis of this specific behavior from him won't result in anything logical and will only continue to make him look worse.

I mean haven't you all acted illogically in a mafia game before, or are you all perfectly understood, perfectly sensible super detectives at all time? :v:

Other people have other reasons but:

Let’s say that you (b-minus) had someone you leaned scum on (LMac). Someone else in the thread (YPM) is focusing on the person and questions him as soon as he appears on things that you thought he was scummy for.

Would you characterize that back and forth between the person you thought was scummy and the person targeting him as “weird”?

Other people have brought up other internal inconsistencies in b’s reasoning. It’s not just not logical. It’s manufactured and contradictory.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Let’s say that you (b-minus) had someone you leaned scum on (LMac). Someone else in the thread (YPM) is focusing on the person and questions him as soon as he appears on things that you thought he was scummy for.

Would you characterize that back and forth between the person you thought was scummy and the person targeting him as “weird”?

Other people have brought up other internal inconsistencies in b’s reasoning. It’s not just not logical. It’s manufactured and contradictory.

and LMac was doing the exact same drat thing with flerp :psyduck:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It’s scum all the way down friends let’s pitch a perfect game

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m on my phone so I just wanna say I agree with the person who said b- was a bad player

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am getting suspicious of flerp, played prob about 5 games in a row with them and this is the most aggressive tunneling I’ve seen.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

If I were scumbuddies with moat I’d play the way flerp is playing right now

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey, my FSN game just finished up so I've been dealing with the final posts/moderation stuff for it. I left off on page 41 so I'll read through from there tomorrow morning and post quick thoughts. I should be able to do some bigger writeups tomorrow evening.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I am getting suspicious of flerp, played prob about 5 games in a row with them and this is the most aggressive tunneling I’ve seen.

I think flerp tends to tunnel, what I’m picking up on this time is it’s going on a bit longer than usual.

It comes across almost like self parody which generally means scum trying to replicate their Town game.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

I think flerp tends to tunnel, what I’m picking up on this time is it’s going on a bit longer than usual.

It comes across almost like self parody which generally means scum trying to replicate their Town game.

Yes agreed he tends to tunnel but it’s usually just a “get on the murder boat follow your heart” and nothing more.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ive been playing a bit differently because i felt like i was playing a bit passively/shitpostingly for awhile so ive been trying to put more effort in. ive been aggressive like this before, though, this isnt some new thing

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

interesting thoughts on flerp Gaspy, but how you feeling about TQ now?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

Hey, my FSN game just finished up so I've been dealing with the final posts/moderation stuff for it. I left off on page 41 so I'll read through from there tomorrow morning and post quick thoughts. I should be able to do some bigger writeups tomorrow evening.

FSN is bad, your game was fun to watch tho

Anyway I want actual reads this time and not "Bif good because meta, Juchero bad because vig and blaming TM for it".

I looked at b-:

Don't love him coming in and asking if anything has happened, seems like a way to artificially catch up with the thread discussion and avoid conversation leading up to it, justification for NGO lynch is...questionable, call for NL isn't sucmmy but is stupid, metacommentary on db wagon at the time looks bad, post-lynch commentary looks fine, targeting is egregiously stupid, claim didn't come from nowhere, seems to have come out due to frustration, case against NGo is good up until the motive speculation, don't like how he framed the list of people against him (like, if people think you're scum, of course they want you to die), very much dislike response to flerp being a flailing metascumread.

Lots of stuff I don't like, a small amount of stuff I do.

I'll check Moat next then finally do that gaspy read, ew

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asphyxious posted:

SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM!

##vote bminus

This is a bad vote.

Day 1, Gaspy is siding with Beemen on the unpopular no lynch being a viable move for the end of that day, but without any mention of him until he comes under fire by KB.

KB's post is also weird for the reason that he says he picks up a brutalcop softclaim, but that lends itself to speculation entirely. I mean even if the crumb could be interpreted as such, hinging suspicion on that in combination with perceived shifts in the claim seems more dangerous than not.

Gaspy places his SCUM! vote, but doesn't do anything to substantiate it outside of the contexts of other player's cases.

Asphyxious posted:

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah if people picked up a cop softclaim and didn’t kill him, that’s a bit weird. Another point in KB’s favour.

This is bad too. I mean how many people aside from Bif and KB call his crumb a brutal cop claim?

Bifauxnen posted:

and yes he did announce it D1, he said I would live to see the next day. Like KB, I also thought at the time that he must've meant either a brutal cop or some sort of protective role. But I couldn't see why he'd actually announce either so I thought he might be pulling gambit poo poo.

Even here, Bif admits she thought it could have been some other protective role.

With no guarantee of him being a cop or having just some protective role, or better yet because it's true in the context of the game day, any idea about his role at all, why would scum target him?

He made a loud crumb during jokephase, claims it to have been a legitimate crumb, and I feel like the cases on him rely on perceived contradictions in the claim, his lack of judgment and his possible power role.

The fullclaim comes day 2, but even then. If he seemed dangerous, why would scum bank a move on him?

I don't think Bif, Gaspy and KB are scum, but I think at least one of them are almost guaranteed to be scum.

I think gaspy looks the worst.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

interesting thoughts on flerp Gaspy, but how you feeling about TQ now?

Yeah, the tunnel just disappears.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

It is very odd that only a handful of players are dead set on lynching me, while others either believe me or haven't commented.

Bifauxnen, flerp, King Burgundy, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tobbs Gnawed and Truth Quark want me to die.

P much the same group want me dead

I mean can someone summarize the case on me?

Other than just people posting like I'm a forgone conclusion.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
From my perspective I feel like I just posted a bunch of my thoughts/ideas and everyone jumped all over it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is bad too. I mean how many people aside from Bif and KB call his crumb a brutal cop claim?

Even here, Bif admits she thought it could have been some other protective role.

With no guarantee of him being a cop or having just some protective role, or better yet because it's true in the context of the game day, any idea about his role at all, why would scum target him?

I like where you ended up at the end of this post with suspecting Gaspy, but I don't get this point at all. I don't even think it's scummy it just BUGS ME so I have to post it

"Man, this guy coulda had Super Valuable Townie Role A *OR* Super Valuable Townie Role B so why would scum target him?!"

whaaaaat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

P much the same group want me dead

I mean can someone summarize the case on me?

Other than just people posting like I'm a forgone conclusion.

what foregone conclusion, B- is a big possibility too

and maybe if anyone else besides Mithross responded at all to me wondering what Hal's doing under his invisibility cloak, we could have another option on the table

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

what foregone conclusion, B- is a big possibility too

and maybe if anyone else besides Mithross responded at all to me wondering what Hal's doing under his invisibility cloak, we could have another option on the table

So, what's the actual case?

Also, I echo that we need to get more from hal and I really didn't like mithross's vote on me.

Also I would like to hear pods opinion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

So, what's the actual case?

I can't speak for others but I think your pushing on KB was very, very stretched. And the way you showed up all suss on him but making a show of how you hadn't read the last few pages was weird. And it was also weird that you cased him then threw out some quickie case of "one of these is a scum vote" on some other people but then voted me who you seemed to be casing the least. (not to mention how I am the towniest town!) You're a loose cannon, Moat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Why do you think it’s a weird argument?

the argument itself wasn't weird. just seemed like you guys were avoiding the discussion about me. and I do find lil mac suspicious. especially for this post below (which others have correctly said is strange)

Little Mac posted:

As far as the last two pages go I think flerp comes off looking pretty bad imo. I don't believe B-Minus claim. It reads like loving around and is a weird point for flerp to push

So you don't believe my claim, but at the same time you think flerp, who has repeatedly said he thinks i am lying scum, also looks bad? Look, you either believe my claim or you don't. It's that simple. I've fullclaimed everything about my role and it's up to you to decide if you believe it. This post makes no sense.

Little Mac posted:

I agree with this, however. I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I'm going to be lynched for what I thought were really harmless posts. If I could repeat d1 again I obviously wouldn't say anything about my role, but I did not expect this to blow up in my face, seemingly out of nowhere. Overall, there just seems to be a lot of unnecessary aggression and I don't understand why.

Little Mac posted:

Mithross posted:

He didn't say he was going to protect someone though. He said if they were town they'd live through the night. This does not imply protection at all to me.

Exactly. I was purposely trying to be vague. You're welcome to think that breadcrumbing an important town role was really stupid (and clearly most of you do). But that's what happened, as you all will see if/when I die. I am not vanilla town.
I protected bif n1 and was told my action was successful.

Bifauxnen posted:

I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy so I have no argument about whether Tifa makes sense for Elite Bodyguard. All I can say is what I've repeatedly said. It's not a fake claim, I'm not vanilla town, I'm not scum, I'm a town aligned elite bodyguard.

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I’m on my phone so I just wanna say I agree with the person who said b- was a bad player
I'm glad you were able to find time to let all of us know how you feel. God, what an absolutely worthless post. At least others have posted legitimate questions and comments about my role and abilities, and I've tried to answer them the best I can. Can't say the same about any of your posts, which is why I have voted to lynch you. You've done nothing to convince me otherwise.

• Locked thread