Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Also 3P hunting is infinitely less satisfying than scum hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

My current theory is you’re in a 3P team with KB, but it’s only vague at the moment and I need more data.

Gaspy you're reading the wrong thread :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy you're reading the wrong thread :v:

?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

It’s because of posts like this, that seek more like you’re running a narrative about me rather than engaging with me. During day one I had this niggle in the back of my mind “is Bif fake-casing me?” and every interaction I’ve had with you since has just built on that and built on that. Fact is, linguistically you’re coming across town but the content in regards to me is well off and I haven’t worked out yet why.

Have you compensated yet for me wanting to not slam you with as much of my smarmy showboating kayfabe as I do for the average poster :v:

confidential to rest of thread: cmon y'all you saw Shine V, you know I fuckin meant what I said, and now he's trying to spin it as me making a narrative for him? Instead of me just being confused as to how we could honestly believe I have it out for him to see him as scummy no matter what? As me NOT wanting to engage with him?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Fact is, linguistically you’re coming across town but the content in regards to me is well off and I haven’t worked out yet why.

would you care to revise your statement, Gaspy ;)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

You’re still doing it and it’s still weird! But I think we’re both enjoying ourselves so I don’t see the harm in any of this.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

would you care to revise your statement, Gaspy ;)

Nyope. I stand by everything I’ve said this game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

You’re still doing it and it’s still weird! But I think we’re both enjoying ourselves so I don’t see the harm in any of this.

oh you bet, especially now, kick up the Cornered music haha

Asphyxious posted:

Fact is, linguistically you’re coming across town but the content in regards to me is well off and I haven’t worked out yet why.

OH WAIT

hang on, now my tone is good but my content is off?

Asphyxious posted:

I’m not sold on Bif’s read on me, her content is town bif but like Tithin her tone is well off from normal so I’m going to be watching her a bit.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

oh you bet, especially now, kick up the Cornered music haha

OH WAIT

hang on, now my tone is good but my content is off?

It’s alnost if, as I just mentioned, your tone and content changed over the course of the days especially with regards to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sorry I cant hear you over the DAAAAAAAAH-- dada daaaaaaah

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

sorry I cant hear you over the DAAAAAAAAH-- dada daaaaaaah

Is this a FF7 or undertale reference?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

https://youtu.be/Y3R8tkvlAlk

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

An unexpected contender appears!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asphyxious posted:

I’m not sold on Bif’s read on me, her content is town bif but like Tithin her tone is well off from normal so I’m going to be watching her a bit.

Asphyxious posted:

It’s because of posts like this, that seek more like you’re running a narrative about me rather than engaging with me. During day one I had this niggle in the back of my mind “is Bif fake-casing me?” and every interaction I’ve had with you since has just built on that and built on that. Fact is, linguistically you’re coming across town but the content in regards to me is well off and I haven’t worked out yet why.

Asphyxious posted:

It’s alnost if, as I just mentioned, your tone and content changed over the course of the days especially with regards to me.

These don't line up quite right still. First, if you thought her content was town originally you shouldn't have started with the theory that she was fake casing you. And second, in this game scum have no need to fake case (although I admit you wouldn't have known that day 1 if you are town)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

As I said (as I feel like I’m saying a lot here) it started off as the vaguest feeling. When it first started I thought bifs cases were normally a bit better and a bit more antagonistic, as time went on they then became increasingly obvious they were starting with the assumption/assertion that I’m scum and then working backwards from there, instead of building a case up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

I announce I'm going to sleep and surprise, surprise, another Pod driveby on me, when he claims he's "Too busy" to case anyone else.

I'm not being paranoid. This is twice in a row.

That the case is additionally grade A manufactured nothing (with some lies thrown in) helps as well.

It'll take some time to break down. I'm at work, I'll do it as soon as I'm home.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

20 I’m a big fan but I gotta say this “pod is attavkjng me in my sleep” thing is completely insane.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Idk... i can relate to people casing you while you sleep

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk... i can relate to people casing you while you sleep

You’re akways asleep!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

When it first started I thought bifs cases were normally a bit better and a bit more antagonistic,

on the off chance you are still town I'll have you know I have been trying to change my meta ever since freaking Shine IV if people would just freakin let me

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Asphyxious posted:

20 I’m a big fan but I gotta say this “pod is attavkjng me in my sleep” thing is completely insane.

No, it's not.

I keep finding giant cases on me appearing when I wake up, from the same person over and over.

There's no actual content there beyond the most boring and clichéd scum hunting opinions ever.

Like holy poo poo, "set up speculation is meaningless" is probably the most generic scum hunting argument in history and it's also wrong especially in a game like this.

Or "Nat 20 caveats his arguments" in a loving game of intrigue where you could easily be wrong.

Like God forbid I excuse myself for having to deal with my own mafia game.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Like, I need to step away, I'm going to get in trouble if I keep posting instead of actually doing my job and I'm getting more and more irritated just thinking about the case.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Asphyxious posted:

You’re akways asleep!!

Now im always at work :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

even though the sleep thing is too nuts for me, I still feel like being stuck in intensive masonchat with me for a month may have been a corrupting influence

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

on the off chance you are still town I'll have you know I have been trying to change my meta ever since freaking Shine IV if people would just freakin let me

If I wasn’t also doing the exact same thing I’d post ironicat right now. After shine V I worry everyone thinks I’m a loving unreasonable arsehole so I’m trying to show all these lovely people I’m slightly more accessible.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

If I wasn’t also doing the exact same thing I’d post ironicat right now. After shine V I worry everyone thinks I’m a loving unreasonable arsehole so I’m trying to show all these lovely people I’m slightly more accessible.

how much more do you seriously expect me to write extra disclaimers and caveats into my case on you just to try and respect your known feelings of annoyance from people claiming you should be acting a certain meta way

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

how much more do you seriously expect me to write extra disclaimers and caveats into my case on you just to try and respect your known feelings of annoyance from people claiming you should be acting a certain meta way

I’m not expecting anything from you! Literally nothing, but you can see if you do a different approach it’ll ping me slightly! I’m not even casing you, so this frustration is understandable but a smidge misplaced. I still remember the whole annoyance of “hmmm bif is posting different” so I’m not going to pull that poo poo but I will point out anything that might be relevant to future analysis.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah I was just taking issue with that mention of ironicat just now :cheeky:

like I dont know how much more I can bend over backwards to try and say the mere difference in meta alone doesn't matter, while still trying to make any actual case on why your posts still look scummy to me

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I just want to avoid the meta altogether beyond not being a dick and I really, really don’t want anything like the meta anguish from shine V.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

We’ve got three scum, more are in the bag and I’m having a great time.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Nat20: Respond to the case and not the timing. I’ve only been playing in EST evenings which are your nighttime - if you keep seeing this as some kind of wild conspiracy that’s entirely your problem and makes you look hella defensive.

I look forward to seeing your response AND your cases on other people that aren’t me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Podima posted:

Nat20: Respond to the case and not the timing. I’ve only been playing in EST evenings which are your nighttime - if you keep seeing this as some kind of wild conspiracy that’s entirely your problem and makes you look hella defensive.

I look forward to seeing your response AND your cases on other people that aren’t me.

Interesting.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
bif should just accept that she's aggro as gently caress as town

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Re: meta chat, I don't think either Asphyxious or Bif sound remotely the same as they did in their thread in Shine V, but I also think that thread got really toxic really quickly and I haven't played enough with Asphyxious to know differently about his game. Bif seems more...relaxed isn't the right word (although definitely more so than Shine V), but maybe less aggressive?

Also,

Bifauxnen posted:

even though the sleep thing is too nuts for me, I still feel like being stuck in intensive masonchat with me for a month may have been a corrupting influence

Nat, the whole Pod-waits-to-post-until-you're-asleep is a bit too tinfoil for me. I don't see a rush of people agreeing with Pod's arguments and voting you while you're not around to defend yourself, so even if that WAS what he was doing, I think you can relax a little on this one. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

bif should just accept that she's aggro as gently caress as town

You posted this while I was typing- based on both our observations about her behavior this game, then, do you believe she's scum?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
she seemed genuinely to be trying to be less aggressive in this game. And I can't see how she's scum considering that she pushed DB and now she's pushing Gaspy. Like... if she's scum, she would keep him around because they are bffs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i accepted that im pretty bad as town after shine and reached nirvana. lets hold hands

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

i accepted that im pretty bad as town at mafia in general after shine and reached nirvana. lets hold hands

Corrected for myself :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

she seemed genuinely to be trying to be less aggressive in this game. And I can't see how she's scum considering that she pushed DB and now she's pushing Gaspy. Like... if she's scum, she would keep him around because they are bffs.

The difference is there for sure, I think, but it's a wait-and-see for me. I can't see how she's scum at the moment either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Wow, those are some excellent reads, Gene. I agree with most of what you said regarding moat, who i also think is town. I would like him to answer this question however:

GeneX posted:

Moat, any particular reason you think (thought?) Pod and tobbs are scum?

I don't have a strong read on Pod other than I don't understand why he's tunneling nat20, who I don't really find to be scummy, so much. And I suppose I have a null read on tobbs. His willingness to lynch me doesn't necessarily make him scum. He could just be mistaken town going all in on an incorrect read. Regardless, I want to know Moat's take on pod and tobbs.

• Locked thread