Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I’m fine with dying or being president, because I mean we aren’t really playing mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good snipe

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

No lynching day 1 is always bad. Giving the mafia the first move is so bad.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Now you are sitting here trying to explain away your caustic behaviour instead of acknowledging it.

oh, no, that "Mafia Dad" thing was a joke about you trying to explain something obvious for the thread.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Imo I think bif's sudden tryhardness in this game is a bit odd.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
##nominate Gulagdolls Seems the best option of the front runners.

I have a job interview/flying back home today, but I'll be around for all most all of tomorrow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Token Female posted:

##nominate Gulagdolls Seems the best option of the front runners.

I have a job interview/flying back home today, but I'll be around for all most all of tomorrow.

GL

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Honestly I’m fine with dying or being president, because I mean we aren’t really playing mafia

Because it's flipless?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

oh, no, that "Mafia Dad" thing was a joke about you trying to explain something obvious for the thread.

The telling me I can't read part was where you started being an rear end in a top hat.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

for not switching to Kash? Cause I didn't want to see him get lunched. It seemed really bad how votes kept piling on him for no reason, and some of them even seemed like confused votes from people who thought it was a nomination... or from scum who knew full well and were using it as an excuse.

Why do you think he's scum? Is it ONLY because of the scumclaim, cause at that time it read like a pretty nice joke to me. If you got more though, I'll listen.

A lot of it is the scumclaim, but I also don't like how he went about not only saying "here are the rules" for the president vote but also "these votes don't count" by saying people shouldn't be allowed to switch and voting for yourself isn't allowed. When it's D1 and you're voting for someone who you think is the towniest person in the game, you absolutely should be able to switch your votes and putting that rule in is really bad.

I also don't like how you're saying that only the two frontrunners from yesterday should be considered today while also using the excuse that people were apparently confused between voting and nominating today. How can both of those thoughts exist and not contradict each other?

The other thing I don't like is his vote on me at the end of the day and I guess trying to paint it as having content when it's obviously just an attempt to lynch someone who isn't him, which is a fine enough reason to vote for someone at deadline. It's also why I didn't like your not switching. Like did you say any of this about not wanting to vote for Kash yesterday? If so I can't find it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Asiina posted:

A lot of it is the scumclaim, but I also don't like how he went about not only saying "here are the rules" for the president vote but also "these votes don't count" by saying people shouldn't be allowed to switch and voting for yourself isn't allowed. When it's D1 and you're voting for someone who you think is the towniest person in the game, you absolutely should be able to switch your votes and putting that rule in is really bad.

I also don't like how you're saying that only the two frontrunners from yesterday should be considered today while also using the excuse that people were apparently confused between voting and nominating today.

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Because it's flipless?

Because there is no structure. We spent yesterday on a mechanic that has no actual way of being tracked other than players manually tracking and making sure that we set some of our own rules. I should’ve set rules for it from the outset or we just get crap like yesterday where there is no count of anything and what’ll likely happen today. Combining a flipless game with non-defined side mechanics just makes for boring chaos

So what I’m saying is make me president so I can make some structure in this game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

The other thing I don't like is his vote on me at the end of the day and I guess trying to paint it as having content when it's obviously just an attempt to lynch someone who isn't him, which is a fine enough reason to vote for someone at deadline. It's also why I didn't like your not switching. Like did you say any of this about not wanting to vote for Kash yesterday? If so I can't find it.

Hm, your other reasons sound ok, but this one about not liking him voting you doesn't seem fair at all. Nobody else except Kash was anywhere close to possibly being lunched. It's kind of a stretch to call someone scummy for trying to lunch anyone who's not him just because he's not self-voting. And can you even call it an actual attempt to lunch someone who isn't him? I didn't see him really fighting much, in fact that was what directly led to the scumclaim joke. Someone was all, "aren't you gonna say anything Kash? Like 'I'm not scum'?"

As for what I said yesterday, no you will not find anything I said about it yesterday, because it's not there. But today I did explain, directly to you, why that was.

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't actually want to see Kash lunched because the big rush of votes on him was dumb, there was no real casing behind them and half of them could've just been dumbass mistakes from people trying to nominate him for all I know. I didn't mind having a no-lunch since Kash was also a leader in nominations for president, so hopefully we could at least get that sorted however the hell it worked. But I didn't want to actually argue explicitly for a no-lunch. Waiting to see if anyone actually made the move to hammer Kash could be pretty interesting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also lmao Asiina I don’t need to pretend to have content. If I want to make content I would make it

And es here was definitely confusion between voting and nomination

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, your other reasons sound ok, but this one about not liking him voting you doesn't seem fair at all. Nobody else except Kash was anywhere close to possibly being lunched. It's kind of a stretch to call someone scummy for trying to lunch anyone who's not him just because he's not self-voting. And can you even call it an actual attempt to lunch someone who isn't him? I didn't see him really fighting much, in fact that was what directly led to the scumclaim joke. Someone was all, "aren't you gonna say anything Kash? Like 'I'm not scum'?"

Except that was exactly my point. He didn't really need a reason, it was deadline and votes fly around at deadline. I'm not calling him scummy for voting me (the person with the next highest vote count), I'm calling him scummy for giving an incredibly vague reasoning why that doesn't feel real when he had the perfectly valid reason in front of him of "I don't want to be lynched, so I'm voting the next highest person."

Kashuno posted:

I see what LD and Juchero are driving at ##vote asiina see ya tomorrow maybe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Whoops, forgot my dog, I'm still sleepy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

As for what I said yesterday, no you will not find anything I said about it yesterday, because it's not there. But today I did explain, directly to you, why that was.

Also I missed this entirely, I must have sleepily hit refresh last night. I don't agree with you, but it's fine enough reasoning to satisfy my concerns.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tired Moritz posted:

Imo I think bif's sudden tryhardness in this game is a bit odd.

So do I

And we aren’t lunching kash today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Except that was exactly my point. He didn't really need a reason, it was deadline and votes fly around at deadline. I'm not calling him scummy for voting me (the person with the next highest vote count), I'm calling him scummy for giving an incredibly vague reasoning why that doesn't feel real when he had the perfectly valid reason in front of him of "I don't want to be lynched, so I'm voting the next highest person."

Ah, that makes more sense now seeing that bit you quoted again. I'd be more ok with possibly lunching Kash today if that ends up being the best lead we got. Just yesterday it seemed like a lovely rush for no reason on someone who was trying to put a good effort into the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk why you'd lynch town hypercharger

someone say I can't kill you right now

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Would rather lynch one of the 10+ lurkers

agreed 100%

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

i dont know how to feel about that asiina post

its bad, but bad on every level. consistent bad

so what's confusing you

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Isn't the student body president thing just a reword of the lunching?

Either way, kash was in hammer range and a no lynch happened instead on day 1, that's enough for me to suggest a turbo.

## VOTE kashuno

Also puppies.

you're not paying attention to the game + lurking + scum I'm gonna guess

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Peramene has said literally nothing about how to elect a president or what it does, i dont see how I'm not paying attention.

I don't really care though, lynch me if you want to.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

you're not paying attention to the game + lurking + scum I'm gonna guess

is it legal for you to say this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene has said literally nothing about how to elect a president or what it does, i dont see how I'm not paying attention.

yeah this is 100% accurate and frustrating

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
50 and kash are town

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

I absolutely will take a scumclaim seriously and vote them for it. I will die on this hill. I have died on it before.

I don't think they were serious though

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

50 and kash are town

why

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

is it legal for you to say this

* checks the official mafia 101 rule book second edition with new forward by not 50 pounds of bread * yep looks like it's legal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

50 and kash are town

duh

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Isn't the student body president thing just a reword of the lunching?

Peramene has said literally nothing about how to elect a president or what it does, i dont see how I'm not paying attention.

I got this one, NGO

We may not know what it does, or how to do it, and that may still really suck, but from pera's post I quoted for you, we can at least deduce one fact. It is not just the same thing as a cutesily renamed or reworded lunch:

peramene posted:

Second, due to budget cuts, we're severely understaffed and must rely on volunteers to identify potential troublemakers. We don't want to put too much power in the teacher's hands, of course, so we'll go with a democratic system. If a student is considered a troublemaker by a majority of the student body, that student will join me in detention, where they'll receive the kind of remedial attention and care that they need.

Finally, and most exciting of all, we need a student council president!! Please conduct a civilized election amongst yourselves and have a consensus answer submitted to the faculty lounge by... shall we say Wednesday at 5PM Pacific? Your student council president will be a natural leader among you. Obviously, the president will have to spend a lot of extra time at school and will be very busy - so don't waste any time trying to send her to detention!

First she describes the lunch which is already reworded, as "detention". Then she describes the need to elect a president, which is a wholly separate thing. And also instructs us to not "waste time" by trying to lunch the president.

I may be a big rear end in a top hat for hitting a sore spot for you here by pointing it out, but you kinda weren't paying attention.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

idk why you'd lynch town hypercharger

someone say I can't kill you right now

I can't kill you right now?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I got this one, NGO

We may not know what it does, or how to do it, and that may still really suck, but from pera's post I quoted for you, we can at least deduce one fact. It is not just the same thing as a cutesily renamed or reworded lunch:

First she describes the lunch which is already reworded, as "detention". Then she describes the need to elect a president, which is a wholly separate thing. And also instructs us to not "waste time" by trying to lunch the president.

I may be a big rear end in a top hat for hitting a sore spot for you here by pointing it out, but you kinda weren't paying attention.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Heh you're lucky you messed it up asiina because otherwise...................................................

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so what does "spend a lot of time in school" mean exactly?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Heh you're lucky you messed it up

ooh can I try, can I try?

You can't kill me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you....fool......................

you could have

you could have saved yourself

you didn't have to..

YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS

Bifauxnen, Town aligned IDIOT, was killed day 2.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

No lynching day 1 is always bad. Giving the mafia the first move is so bad.

Says probable mafia reprimanding town for dropping the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bifauxnen you are no longer allowed to post please don't post anymore

• Locked thread