Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yakuza (Town) Doctor

Night 1: Unsuccessfully targeted TMM
Night 2: Successfully targeted TMM

I don't have anything else to say. The "loving idiot" thing completely checked me out of this game. I don't play mafia to get personally attacked as an alternative to actual discussion.

Good luck, town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Yakuza (Town) Doctor

I don't have anything else to say. The "loving idiot" thing completely checked me out of this game. I don't play mafia to get personally attacked as an alternative to actual discussion.

Good luck, town.

Oh please, it's hardly a personal insult.

And why did protect me on N2 when it was obvious that Moat was the cop?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And for that matter, why protect me on N1? I don't think I was the towniest person around.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, my role PM specifically mentions that I can not target the same person two nights in a row. I'm not entirely sure why that would be different for a doctor. Especially when that restriction is usually placed on the doctor to prevent the cop from claiming D1 and getting protected nightly.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

Yakuza (Town) Doctor

Good luck, town.

Nope, calling bullshit. If you successfully targeted TMM it means that we would have had four nightkills. I get that the arsonist and poisoner need setup, but that feels like too big of a swing. Also means that one of those two nightkills got prevented N1, which runs contrary to your claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LupusAter posted:

Nope, calling bullshit. If you successfully targeted TMM it means that we would have had four nightkills. I get that the arsonist and poisoner need setup, but that feels like too big of a swing. Also means that one of those two nightkills got prevented N1, which runs contrary to your claim.

I'm not sure I follow you here. How would there be four deaths?

Also I don't think there is an arsonist in the traditional sense. I think the burned body is just a regular NK that has been janitored and the fire is just flavor text.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
##unvote

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Lookin bad there lupus.

Someone claims doc you don’t go in for the kill.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Also, my role PM specifically mentions that I can not target the same person two nights in a row. I'm not entirely sure why that would be different for a doctor. Especially when that restriction is usually placed on the doctor to prevent the cop from claiming D1 and getting protected nightly.

This is why I have trouble believing his claim. If you have that restriction the doc definitely would, I'd think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do have that restriction. I failed to target TMM night 1, likely due to a Roleblock, Jail, Hider, or something.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I barely read the thread all of d2 because I was unavailable all weekend. I missed that Moat was a Cop. I protected TMM again because he hammered MMT and thought maybe I'd learn if he's untargetable rather than I was roleblocked.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's really all I got. I'm checked out of the game. Missed d2 because it was over a weekend. Came back d3 and got personally attacked after a very light question, so I'm not very interested. I could request a replacement, but I imagine you will lynch me anyway.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Xad is a good vote.
TMM is a good vote based on his claim timing and the personal attack in reaction to the lightest of questions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm

6 dead people:

Ecco - VT
Keane - VT
MMT - Scum Ninja
Moat - Cop
RF - Jailer
Chores - ???

10 people sill alive:

TMM- Tracker
Merk - Doctor?
Monathin - VT?
AA - VT?
Gaspy - ?
Tolly - VT?
Lupus - ?
Tobbs - ? (SK?)
Dicky B - ?
Xad - ?

This is where I stand on everyone at the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

I barely read the thread all of d2 because I was unavailable all weekend. I missed that Moat was a Cop. I protected TMM again because he hammered MMT and thought maybe I'd learn if he's untargetable rather than I was roleblocked.

Except that I didn't hammer MMT. I hammered Ecco on N1.

MMT hammered herself.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

What about you being in TWEWY? I died immediately and don't pay close attention to the thread, but apparently the :cheerdoge: thing means Moat copped MMT, which explains his obstinacy about voting her.

Also, TMM hammered but Moat was on her case D1 and D2. Even if you missed the cop claim, why not protect Moat?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What about you being in TWEWY? I died immediately and don't pay close attention to the thread, but apparently the :cheerdoge: thing means Moat copped MMT, which explains his obstinacy about voting her.

Also, TMM hammered but Moat was on her case D1 and D2. Even if you missed the cop claim, why not protect Moat?

I barely read d2 until d3 opened. I didn't see the :cheerdoge: post.

##vote Xad - This is probably a better vote. Xad did everything I said I did which makes me look scummy (except that he's not me).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know the thing I'm having the most trouble with is merk claiming he feels personally attacked because I said 'don't be a loving idiot' to him. In a game of Mafia. On a forum where the general mafia discussion thread is literally titled "calling each other idiots in the name of fun."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

You know the thing I'm having the most trouble with is merk claiming he feels personally attacked because I said 'don't be a loving idiot' to him. In a game of Mafia. On a forum where the general mafia discussion thread is literally titled "calling each other idiots in the name of fun."

I think that type of stuff is the lowest form of discourse and completely runs against why I play mafia. I've checked out of games for it before. It makes the game uninteresting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

##vote Xad - This is probably a better vote. Xad did everything I said I did which makes me look scummy (except that he's not me).

I'll re-read Xad. I'm not keen on voting claimed power roles when their actions can be verified.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'll re-read Xad. I'm not keen on voting claimed power roles when their actions can be verified.

Scum Tracker makes a lot of sense this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Also, Scum Doctor makes sense if there is a Town Vig and SK, so there you go.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I definitely don't like the Doc claim when Moat had softclaimed Cop the day before and Merk could have spotted it when coming back to the thread. A Doc would make sense in this setup, but I 100% don't think Merk wouldn't have noticed Moat's post catching up on the thread while as Doc, when one of the first things on the Doc's priority lists is to find the Cop.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

However, that being said, Lupus was quick to agree with my breadcrumbed bit and then pounce on Merk when that Moat softclaim was directed at him.

That plus the way he just reacted to Merk gives me more hesitation.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

LupusAter posted:

Is this a scumslip?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Re-read Tobbs, only thing that stuck out to me was a lot of flip-flopping on voting TMM.

merk posted:

"I've done a lot of things that seem scummy, but I'm town. This other person has done the same things, so they're scum." :psyduck:

Gonna ##unvote for now at least. Need to remember this is a smaller game so we're already at 6 votes to execute.

merk posted:

merk posted:

Also, Scum Doctor makes sense if there is a Town Vig and SK, so there you go.

Still sus on merk though, despite the doc claim, I really hate the "This is scummy. Oh, but I've also done it. But I'm town." thing he keeps doing lately, like he's trying to get ahead of someone accusing him of being scum.

LupusAter posted:

Not a fan of this, either. "Successfully targeted" just means you weren't roleblocked or anything, doesn't necessarily mean you actually stopped a kill. There's no way you should know if merk is the reason TMM is alive today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TMM's claim also rubs me the wrong way because of the way he phrased his roleblocked night. I didn't jump to the assumption that I was roleblocked when I got back the result that I failed to target. It's obviously an option (and probably a likely one now that we have a Jailer flip), but it's not the only option.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I definitely should have protected Moat. I failed because I didn't read d2.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, let's try this instead.

##vote Lupus

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lupus, considering your reaction to me revealing the breadcrumb when it was directed at you: did you think Moat was softclaiming cop at the time? If so, it sure doesn't show in your posts, which seems suspicious to me, given that scum definitely caught on to the fact Moat was cop.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

TMM's claim also rubs me the wrong way because of the way he phrased his roleblocked night. I didn't jump to the assumption that I was roleblocked when I got back the result that I failed to target. It's obviously an option (and probably a likely one now that we have a Jailer flip), but it's not the only option.

Are you kidding me? Every time you start talking you just shove your foot in your mouth. Here my claim, which is my first post of D3

TMMadman posted:

##vote Tobbs

This is not an OMGUS vote. I truly believe he is scum.

And just to get this out of the way, I'm the town Tracker. Monothin went nowhere on N1 and I failed to track DB on N2, possibly due to RF.

So far, we've had the N0 kill be a stabbing, then N1 was shot in the head. That shot also appears on N2 along with a poison and a janitored flame kill.

Why wouldn't I think I got blocked by the jailer who just flipped? And even if that didn't happen, why wouldn't I think the scum team had a roleblocker before literally any other option?

And frankly, that is just another confusing part of your claim. Why would you assume that your failure on N1 wasn't a roleblock and instead thought that maybe I had a more unusual role?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

LupusAter (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Monathin
Xad (1): merk, merk, merk
merk (1): Xad, LupusAter, Monathin, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, Asphyxious, Asphyxious, Monathin, Xad
Tobbs Gnawed (1): TMMadman
TMMadman (0): Tobbs Gnawed, merk, merk, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, merk

Not Voting (5): Asphyxious, LupusAter, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Xad

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 21st, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 10 hours.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

Lupus, considering your reaction to me revealing the breadcrumb when it was directed at you: did you think Moat was softclaiming cop at the time? If so, it sure doesn't show in your posts, which seems suspicious to me, given that scum definitely caught on to the fact Moat was cop.

No, I only noticed the emote when it was pointed out. And I'll admit that I thought that a successful doctoring meant stopping a kill, so all of that train of thought is worthless. I still don't like merk's play this game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

LupusAter posted:

Welp, you're right. For those who don't know what we're talking about : in TWEWY mafia merk (correctly) made a big deal of a cop using that emote as a role breadcrumb and used it to push a case.

Is this true?

Was merk the one who pointed out the breadcrumb in TWEWY?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Don't be a loving idiot.

TMMadman posted:

Haha. So you want to be an idiot.

TMMadman posted:

Are you kidding me? Every time you start talking you just shove your foot in your mouth.

This is not how you persuade anyone of anything.

Also, I just read through you looking for other examples and reinforce my belief that you're scum.

TMM avoided voting MMT all of d1 and most of d2. Here are his comments about MMT to defend her but also leave the door open to bus when he needs:

d1:

TMMadman posted:

I am a little suspicious of MMT, but I am a bit more suspicious about how many votes she picked up and I'm concerned one of the votes behind mine is from scum. I suppose it could be Monothin too, but it feels like he could have just said something like, 'Huh, MMT's response to the pressure has been weird, so I'm going to leave my vote on her' instead of backing off it.

TMMadman posted:

It feels opportunistic.

Like several people had just said at MMT works nights and you still used 'maybe disappeared' as a reason to vote.

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I'm around I just haven't voted yet. This is a pretty tough call between the three current vote leaders.

I do think one of them is very like to be scum, but I'm just not sure which at the moment.

d2:

TMMadman posted:

I will say that my first impression of MMTs Mona case was unfavorable. It felt like a case that she had worked up prior to the thread opening and then tacked on my opening vote as a reason to post it quickly.

TMMadman posted:

I think it's quite likely that [MMT] is scum but I want to go through the votes again later.

TMMadman posted:

Also, I am absolutely fine with an MMT vote and would be voting now but I don't want to put her at -1 just yet since I'm always a big fan of letting people talk.

d2 he spends his entire time trying to start up something that isn't on MMT while keeping a 'yeah ok MMT is probably scum and I'll vote her of course' as his theme. He doesn't ever case MMT besides that Mona comment (and a distancing vote on d1).

With the Tracker claim, you see a scum player who knew he looks scummy with MMT's flip. He's trying to get in front of that with the Tracker claim.

##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think Lupus is scum. This is a convo from D1.

merk posted:

Lupus, who is scum and why? Today is deadline. Give a read. Make a vote.

LupusAter posted:

I think MMT is the one who acted the scummiest between the people who actually posted. But since that amounts to only kinda scummy, probably at least one lurker is scum. On the other hand, better to act based on at least some evidence, even if it is kinda flimsy.
##vote MMT

merk posted:

I'm reading this as "I better take a stand, but it's one that I don't want to be held to in future days." Is that an accurate interpretation of your MMT read?

Xad posted:

So you're admitting it's a bad vote?

Dick Bastardly posted:

If anything, the votes before lup's are bad. Lup actually gives "reasoning" behind it.

Tolly Totes posted:

This interrogation is no good!

There isn't a vote count posted within a page of the vote and it's hard to check the votes on a phone, but I'm pretty sure that MMT vote put her either back into a tie or as straight up the vote leader.

And Lupus only moved off MMT because the votes had already started to consolidate on Ecco and he doesn't live in the US. A scum Lupus could have not voted a scum MMT or moved his vote earlier due to time.

This is also something else that makes me stay suspicious of merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

On a quick read, I also look scummy. I pushed Ecco over MMT on day 1, attacked Lupus for making an early MMT vote, and then wasn't around over the weekend to comment on anything at all about what Ecco's flip (that I led) told me about MMT. Except, I said 'man MMT and Ecco could both be town; this is bad.' But hey, them's the breaks.

Here's a case on me. Go hog wild.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is this true?

Was merk the one who pointed out the breadcrumb in TWEWY?

Yes, it successfully led a lynch on scum.

I missed the post in this game because I didn't read d2 because it was over a weekend when I was unavailable outside a THIN skim on a phone. I'm not sure what else I can explain about that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only thing that gives me even the slightest pause about TMM is that MMT hammered herself when TMM said he was going to hammer. You'd think scum would let scum lay down the hammer for town cred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

No, I only noticed the emote when it was pointed out. And I'll admit that I thought that a successful doctoring meant stopping a kill, so all of that train of thought is worthless. I still don't like merk's play this game.

If you ever like my play in a game, I'm probably scum and buddying up to you.

• Locked thread