Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

until i called bullshit, and then took his time to respond.

You posted while I was at work and I missed it. It wasn't until after my effort post when you posted about it again that I saw it. I responded to you within 10 minutes of your original post. I had just posted my effort post and I walked away from my computer to have a snack and a toke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
so you didn't see my tracker claim before making your big post? why didn't you claim the visit to clord when you claimed vt earlier?

i want a snack and a toke rn...

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Sorry for not being around folks. Not to get too into it but my dad is starting chemo this week and there's no reception (or guest wifi! :angryemoji:) at the hospital. Will read through the thread now.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I was distressed that we didn't lunch TMM yesterday. I am now, after seeing the flip from N2, going to vote TMM tonight. Unless something wacky happens in the interim posts??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

You posted while I was at work and I missed it. It wasn't until after my effort post when you posted about it again that I saw it. I responded to you within 10 minutes of your original post. I had just posted my effort post and I walked away from my computer to have a snack and a toke.

Can't fault a man for a toke!

Monathin posted:

I want to see TMM's reads and I feel they shall be very interesting. Then we can hammer for all you impatient people.

What do you think will be interesting? I guess if he is third party and not scum he might be a pal and provide some good reads but I doubt it. I am cool with waiting though.

I do tend to agree with you on Lupus, I get not being a big poster but ya gotta play hard when you are here if that's yuour MO, he showed up and went with the flow

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hi bk no we are lunching tmm today but you should reread some night results and stuff.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Monathin posted:

Let me make clear that I'm actually agreeing with Sal not liking Lupus' vote, not that Sal's egging on wasn't warranted (it was)

Snail I am very curious to think what you think of Sal's big effort post and his subsequent explanation of Atomic Soda's track, which I find actually makes me less suspicious of Sal. If you could give me something in your own words on that instead of just "we should vote Sal" I would be much appreciated.

well stating things as clear as they can possibly be, I would like to kill tmm today and then murder the Known Scum, forums poster BottleKnight, tomorrow.

I didn't want to further distract from the actually important thing (killing tmm, the serial killer) by pushing a different thing (killing bottleknight, scum)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

All of his posts basically have been wrong. The fact we didn't cuddle him yesterday blows my loving mind.

SalTheBard posted:

I voted for TMM. Moved off to prevent a turbo, decided not to vote for him after his claim and went with the lurker Mr. F. If TMM is playing us (like I think he is) his Loud Doctor claim was smart and I thought it seemed plausible. Now that Mr. F flipped town and another body was ripped to shreds I think it's clear that TMM is scum. On some weird chance he's a 3p SK, cuddling him still makes a ton of sense.

These two posts, when read consecutively, give me a stroke.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm sorry to call you scum after your unfortunate news and hope everything works out alright beek, you extremely obvious scumbo!! :love:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I agree about Sal looking weird as gently caress, but I think that could wait. He's not going anywhere. Like I said, we need to get rid of any killing role that can be anti-town. THERE IS SOMEBODY ALIVE that has killed 2 strong people. It's not a stretch to vote TMM out because of that. That's without considering that the kills have benefitted him, even if it is setting him up. In the same vein as the lurker lynch policy people were excited about yesterday, removing somebody that can actively hurt the town is just as important, and it would erase the confusion. Best case is we catch the SK, worse case is we use a doctor who hasn't really been helpful to us.

People have been tridented 2 nights in a row, and ripped to shreds 2 nights in a row. There's a good chance he is a 3P killer in a game that has 21 people.

Agree with this post, and my current hypothesis is that TMM is a serial killer and Sal is scum, maybe a vanilla goon.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also i hope your dad is ok bk, that sucks :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

sentimental snail posted:

I'm sorry to call you scum after your unfortunate news and hope everything works out alright beek, you extremely obvious scumbo!! :love:

same to you, bud, you probable scum maybe person. haven't caught up enough to say!!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

also i hope your dad is ok bk, that sucks :(

he has a very good prognosis and it hasn't spread, caught it early, lots of good signs etc etc

but cancer sucks rear end

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

forums poster atomic soda has being extremely correct thus far

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

BottleKnight posted:

he has a very good prognosis and it hasn't spread, caught it early, lots of good signs etc etc

but cancer sucks rear end

:ghost: thinking good thoughts for you and your dad, BK :ghost:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would also like to state for the record that I feel I will be criticized for either voting too early or for not voting after saying kill tmm, then sal

thank you, for listening

v. self conscious of you eh

scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

:ghost: thinking good thoughts for you and your dad, BK :ghost:

thank you friend <3

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

I understand why everyone wants to lynch me, but I'm town and if Sal is caught in a lie then we should lynch him first, so ##vote Sal

I wanted to go back and answer this too:

I talked a little bit about this yesterday. In a 21 person game, I would expect like 5 or 6 scum players and if it's 6 then one of them could be a 3P. It could depend on scum powers and if the 3P has a kill and stuff.

However, this game is also a little bit weird because of the whole minigame. It's something I've been thinking about and it's hard to say how that affects the set up. It's also weird because there is no way to tell at the start of the setup how the minigame is going to go since the players themselves decided on who went in it.

And something else I've been thinking about is that I don't think think there is an SK in this game because I think it would make the minigame kind of weird. What would happen if the sub had been like 1 scum/1 SK/5 town? I'm just not sure the numbers work if there is an SK in the equation with 5 scum. However with a big game like this, a lack of a second kill would need to be made up in other ways, like say my CPR doctor or a scum ability to take over a person. There could possibly be some other way to get killed out there too. Or it could also be that scum have the larger 6 person team.

the TMM unvote and then this post were perfectly timed for a "oh hey wow maybe i can get out of this" strat

def voting TMM.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Monathin posted:

Ugh Sal's big effortpost reads as genuine so I'm starting to have second thoughts, the fact that DB can confirm he has a box is frustrating because I thought there was something there, there may still be something there though.

Sal, the options you got were Pass It On, or Open It, with no "Do Nothing" prompt like DB got?

Hmm.

That's where you start to think he sounds genuine?

Everything I've read from him sounds batshit insane (in a theories about the game way, not trying to say you personally are posting bad sal) and that post was absolutely tonally indifferent to me.

Not feeling great about Monathin after this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

LupusAter posted:

Ok, sorry for not being around last night. I'll admit I haven't deviated much from thread consensus with my reads, but that's mostly because I agreed with them and they all seemed reasonable votes. I'm never around at deadline, so I have to switch my votes early.

As for reads, DBD's insistence on wanting to lunch TMM (who I think is 3P SK after last night's result) smacks of scum wanting to gain town cred and protect themselves. I do think that TMM is the correct lunch for today, but we should really take a look at DBD after this. Sal's effortpost feels weird, as does his thinking that there are no 3P killers while disbelieving TMM's claim, it simply doesn't add up unless scum has two immediate nightkills, which feels unbalanced. Dunno if it's possible for Ecco games.

Also for what it's worth I received no box.

hi yes could you respond to the logic of the post right above yours from several hours before that

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also you'd have to take quite the logical leap for me to be scum wanting you out, seeing as you are benefitting scum by creating a lot of attention and talk focused on you. And they may have a power that can control you to kill for them. If I'm scum I have literally no reason to push you this hard and to see you lynched, you are needed for them right now. You aren't needed for town, which is why I want you lynched.

it's really weird to me that you would post that DBD is sus several hours after he posted this without grappling with any of the points made in it.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

v. self conscious of you eh

scum

actually, it's an observation made against a large percentage of mafia games that show scum criticize town posters for dumb things, like time

or replacing people in mafia games

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

i'm caught up, and i feel worse about lupus and maybe even monathin now than i do sal, though sal's posts seriously elude me

like honestly just next level completely just beyond me

honestly i think sal's posts are beautiful performance art and i would hate to get in the way of it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

actually, it's an observation made against a large percentage of mafia games that show scum criticize town posters for dumb things, like time

or replacing people in mafia games

yeah i get it

i feel better about you after catching up

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

sorry for the wall of posts late in the day, folks. plan on being more consistently active D4.

let's lunch TMM.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
bk going after monathin I don’t really understand

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Birdstrike posted:

You and me both Birb.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

i find his posts.... alarming

not gonna make a big case or anything since i'm voting tmm

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I can see it a little. He kinda has the "ehhh I'll go TMM but he's also worth keeping around (x) amount and is a valuable poster!" thing going for him, and I can see scum wanting to eke out a bit more extra kills.

Also who posted about the "confirmed town" coming back from the subs? Is that real? Like Ecco-confirmed or is that just them saying it?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I can see it a little. He kinda has the "ehhh I'll go TMM but he's also worth keeping around (x) amount and is a valuable poster!" thing going for him, and I can see scum wanting to eke out a bit more extra kills.

Also who posted about the "confirmed town" coming back from the subs? Is that real? Like Ecco-confirmed or is that just them saying it?

IIRC They (subbers) said they killed B- who flipped scum. They also said B- killed Moatilla. I believe some said they cuddled a townie by accident

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Deadbeat Dad posted:

just them saying it, apparently they needed to kill all the scum on the sub to come back. i thought it would br more likely that ecco just gave them 2 days to thin numbers enough for holiday deadlines. i don't consider either of them cleared.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
less than an hour to deadline i'm voting and out it about 20 tmm, lets see those reads!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote tmm

I'm voting to put him at -1. My wife and I are going out so I don't want to miss deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
41 minutes. TMM?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm ready to end the day at anytime.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

No we gotta wait for TMM he is going to wow us

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok i'm off will leave to you guys to hammer

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

i'm not planning on hammering until 9:59

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m shivering with antici

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Agree with this post, and my current hypothesis is that TMM is a serial killer and Sal is scum, maybe a vanilla goon.

Why vanilla goon?

• Locked thread