Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
All I have is the three monsters from ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ chillin’ on a little couch plus the dude with canoe-shoes from Heryonomous Bosch’s ‘Garden of Earthly Delights’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
pokemon count as "pocket monsters" and are combined as pokemons

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
In my house there are:
2 unicorn slippers
a generic cyan-with-purple-dots monster onesie
some leggings with about 50 unicorns on them
a sticker with a hand that is holding lightning bolts, I assume that's like 1/20 of a mythological creature
oh poo poo another pair of unicorn leggings they look a bit bigger on this one so maybe 30 more unicorns
a couple of skulls, I think that counts as like 1/10 of a skeleton each
two whole skeletons but they're hidden in some sort of wrapper made of various meats and bacteria and hair and stuff, pretty gross
oh poo poo it's one more unicorn head, like this kind of thing

We need some sort of unicorn fumigation over here.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Giant squid have been proved to exist (we've actually had evidence for hundreds of years, they were never really cryptozoological) but there were definitely mythologies woven around them so that means krakens count as mythological animals.

giant squid aren't krakens you tart

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the only thing I have that's close is 1 vaguely godlike image + 13 angels on an amulet my grandfather recovered from the orient many decades before I was born. It does say "DEVS" and has a couple greek letters on it too. They're all capitals.

I completely forgot about my two unicorn skeleton necklaces, so 11 unicorns.

A flying elephant.

2 winged Tigers.

A tiger chimeara.

Does the Orin, from Neverending Story, count as a mythological creature? It's made out of two sneks.

Also a totoro.

And a maneki neko that has never waved, but I have also never left it in the sun to see if it powers up.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 18, 2018

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

My degree in English Literature

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

My degree in English Literature

Are you employable? Cause lots of people have English lit degrees. If you are employable, then your degree is mythological.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
orin is a luck DRAGON and counts as dragon.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Bored posted:

Are you employable? Cause lots of people have English lit degrees. If you are employable, then your degree is mythological.

I mean I put a law degree on top of it and got a job from that, so I guess so, yeah.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Unless pieces from games count, 0. But a fuckton of lions, because lions.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Pick posted:

orin is a luck DRAGON and counts as dragon.

The luck dragon is Falcor.

Although a quick Google says that the auryn (I've read the book, but didn't remember it was spelled like that) is supposed to be an ouroboros (but it's two snakes bring each other's tails). That's a great serpent, so can kinda be a dragon, right?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The father of dragons, Glaurung, did not have wings. He did have legs tho, so snakes and serpents even if great are kinda out of bounds imo.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Gorgar posted:

Unless pieces from games count, 0. But a fuckton of lions, because lions.

Who let Hedrigall back in?!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

The luck dragon is Falcor.

Although a quick Google says that the auryn (I've read the book, but didn't remember it was spelled like that) is supposed to be an ouroboros (but it's two snakes bring each other's tails). That's a great serpent, so can kinda be a dragon, right?

oh yeah

ouroboros is its own thing

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I got a mythological animal in my house. It's a man who cleans out a microwave once in a while

Stupid idiot. Microwanlve no make mess or need clean. Ever.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Pick the fact you mention Dragon Age 2 but not DA:O is telling.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Bored posted:

Also a totoro.
Right, I forgot about this thing in the living room.

So there's a bunch of stuff

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also do book covers for RPGs count or are they in the same don't count bin as D&D stuff. Cause I have a few Shadowrun books. And some old White Dwarves.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I have one Dragonzord dagger.

I don't care if that counts. I just wanted to share that I have it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gridlocked posted:

Pick the fact you mention Dragon Age 2 but not DA:O is telling.

da2 owns and i love it

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Is R2-D2 a mythological animal?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's a unicorn in the garden.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I have this underwear

and there's a big Tauntaun by my monitor. But Tauntauns are real so I guess it doesn't count.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
The one thing I got is a Skeletor, but like, in my whole life I've never considered what the gently caress he is. He's got the skull thing going on like a lich but has like webbed frog feet, blue skin, and claws. I think he's a wizard but like most wizard are just humans, what the hell Mattel.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

r u ready to WALK posted:

I've got a sun god and a sword wolf and not much else

they keep my mythological dog company

Where might one acquire a similar sword wolf? Asking for a friend.

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 19, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sir, the blessed images thread is that way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Pizza steeeeveeee

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Fellbat posted:

The one thing I got is a Skeletor, but like, in my whole life I've never considered what the gently caress he is.

He's He-Man's uncle.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I have a dragon statue, yeah. Though he sits on a dusty shelf, next to a figure of a little boy holding a bible (gift from a relative a long time ago who thought it was a statue of a little boy who loves reading, idk), which might be a bit beneath his dignity.

I also have a painting of a sailship sailing past a sci-fi dome city, under a star-filled sky full of planets. Not a fantasy creature, maybe, but I think it fits the spirit of the thread.

Other than that, I never really got into collecting figurines or knick-knacks. But there are a lot of fantasy books in here. I mean a lot. So if we count the covers (or the content, if it's in the book, it's in my house) we'd be at this all day.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Fellbat posted:

The one thing I got is a Skeletor, but like, in my whole life I've never considered what the gently caress he is. He's got the skull thing going on like a lich but has like webbed frog feet, blue skin, and claws. I think he's a wizard but like most wizard are just humans, what the hell Mattel.

Going by memory here, but Skeletor is a sorcerer who was in a magic accident that melted his face and transformed his body. It probably didn't improve his mental health either which might explain why he is such a dick.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Obsidianheart posted:

He's He-Man's uncle.

doverhog posted:

Going by memory here, but Skeletor is a sorcerer who was in a magic accident that melted his face and transformed his body. It probably didn't improve his mental health either which might explain why he is such a dick.

Thanks for the classification guys. I guess I would be pissed off to if magic turned my jerk nephew into Schwarzenegger but turned me into a smurf skeleton drawn by Tom of Finland.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
From where I'm sitting right now I see at least 2 dragons

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Skeletor used to be a regular blue skinned dude but then in the middle of a sword fight he tried the ol' sneaky "Throw a vial of face-melting acid at your opponent when they're distracted" trick but it backfired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2yuCc5c-I&t=163s

Well, that was in this version of He-Man. There's been a few different versions going all the way back to the little comicbooks that used to be included with the action figures which predate the old 80s cartoon.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

does mr. potato man count?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well, that was in this version of He-Man. There's been a few different versions going all the way back to the little comicbooks that used to be included with the action figures which predate the old 80s cartoon.
When I was little, and those comics came with the figures, there was a picture that showed a line of blue-skinned dudes dressed like Skeletor marching towards a portal. Child me assumed that since Skeletor had a skull head, his lesser kin must have ghost heads, because that was lower on the hierarchy of undead as far as I was concerned. So, I put puffy stickers (with googly eyes!) of the Pac-Man ghosts over those guys' heads in the picture.

That's my Skeletor story, thanks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Pick posted:

da2 owns and i love it

The poo poo is wrong with you

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

I am asking you to catalogue how many incidents of mythological animal are in your house. This is, for example, art of a chimera. That is one chimera. If you have shoes with one unicorn on them per shoe, that is two unicorns. (One "unicorn item" but there are two unicorns there.) This does NOT include any mythological animals that you drew/sculpted/etc or use in your D&D campaigns or that live on your hard drive. It DOES include book covers.

These animals do not exist in reality, but they are still popular. Why are there so many?

I count:

- 2 dragons (not counting the symbol from Dragon Age 2)
- 11 unicorns
- 2 centaurs
- 1 giant snake
- 1 Pegasus
- 1 "sea lion" which is the mermaid lion
- 1 tantzelwurm
- 1 vampire
- 1 gargoyle

I don't know if you count it, but I got one of those fertility statues with the huge cock. Picked it up in Tanzania. Made out of ironwood.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Salty Josh posted:

I don't know if you count it, but I got one of those fertility statues with the huge cock. Picked it up in Tanzania. Made out of ironwood.

that's a normal penis actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, what does yours look like...?

• Locked thread