Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Xad posted:

I too now find it a little suspicious that IP is alive even though everyone knew they'd get a blessing to use today/tonight. I would assume that'd make you a pretty big target for night actions, which ALSO makes anon a bit suspicious.

I'm not understanding the logic here. Yes it should have made him a big target for night actions which is why I chose him. How does that make ME suspicious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Retro Futurist posted:

Bee-Mine is throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. I’ve been suspicious of him since yesterday when obviously tried to get the buff, and then backed right off when he got called out for it.

##vote b minus

I backed off because multiple people called me out for spamming worthless content. When I read over my posts I agreed. I definitely wanted to get a buff, and do today as well.

My suspicion of IcePhoenix and Anon is approaching :tinfoil: territory. I just don't understand why scum wouldn't kill Anon, who has claimed power role, or IcePhoenix, who received a buff. Watcher is probably one of the most useful town roles other than cop IMO. I feel like scum would take a risk and kill one of them, but that's just me. Instead, we lost the cop and the watcher saw nobody visit Phoenix.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if we assume that everyone is saying the truth, it makes sense that the scum wouldn't target IP when there's a watcher around

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A story, in quotes

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not gonna vote to lynch you today. Willie looked much worse tbh.

Vote anon and let’s move on to d2

b-minus1 posted:

Would switch to Willie, or db.

b-minus1 posted:

##unvote
Hmmm
He had two more posts then vanished until the next day

b-minus1 posted:

Guys I’m so sorry I fell asleep before deadline yesterday

b-minus1 posted:

I can’t believe you guys lynched willie omg

b-minus1 posted:

Imagine typing vote willie and hitting enter lmao

##vote b-

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Please keep in mind that I am not a typical watcher. I see what action targeted a person not who visited them

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

A story, in quotes
He had two more posts then vanished until the next day

##vote b-

- I was phoneposting from my bed, and fell asleep before deadline.
- mfw I made those posts about willie at the start of d2: :beerpal:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

if we assume that everyone is saying the truth, it makes sense that the scum wouldn't target IP when there's a watcher around

Wait but how would they know? Nobody should have known Anon was a watcher until today.

Also Anon the part that made you suspicious was that you could be lying about nobody visiting icephoenix, since b- pointed out he'd probably be a likely target

though I'm still more willing to vote for anyone who hasn't claimed a power role that can be proven

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Are you reading the thread? I claimed yesterday

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Xad posted:

Wait but how would they know? Nobody should have known Anon was a watcher until today.

She claimed D1, which is why people were asking about it to start the day.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Well it can only help town to know if I'm gonna be lunched anyway.

I'm kind of a watcher I can see what night action is performed on a target.

Doesn't hurt too much if I survive bc it's not a particularly great role that I'd get nked for

this is a day 1 post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Please keep in mind that I am not a typical watcher. I see what action targeted a person not who visited them

If this is true, then there's no reason why scum wouldnt kill icephoenix, because there's no risk of being caught performing the kill. I assume your results would say something like "a lethal action was performed on your target" which is exactly what we are told at the start of the day anyway: willie_dee, SUNSHINE-ALIGNED ray of light has been devoured by the Sun.

I could see your role being more useful to scum than town tbh.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Are you reading the thread? I claimed yesterday

Oh. Welp.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You're really reaching here. I wasn't specifically looking for the nk, just any action targeting who I saw to be a likely target

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

You're really reaching here. I wasn't specifically looking for the nk, just any action targeting who I saw to be a likely target

Ok. I can get behind this. I'm not sure how many power roles there are in this game, but it is a little surprising that nobody targeted icephoenix last night. As far as I can tell, none of the buffs granted him immunity during n1.

I just read through willie's post history, and don't see anything in the form of a breadcrumb. scum got lucky af last night.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
derp, Rhjamiz was cop.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Xad posted:

also I can't really say grandicap has said anything of substance today, DB, I don't think it's just gulag being frustrated. grandi's been explaining fairly basic mafia things and hasn't really made any kind of alignment calls, I see where the vote's coming from

yeah

Xad posted:

I don't think it was a bad target necessarily, but claiming watcher at least means we can hold her to results later, so even if you think the claim is fake, she'll have to keep falsifying results

seems a bit premature to execute a claimed power role

yeah

anyone else think this is loving bullshit!!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

when a guy dies, i'll be able to tell you that someone killed him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Nk isn't the only night action afaik?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Bee-Mine is throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. I’ve been suspicious of him since yesterday when obviously tried to get the buff, and then backed right off when he got called out for it.

##vote b minus

opportunist vote from hypocrite scum what cursed me.

is anyone interested in what my curse was.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also if I were making up a power role why would I not just claim watcher which would make people less likely to lynch me as a valuable pro town role

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

GulagDolls posted:

Yea

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just finished reviewing DB's post history, which is mostly devoid of content. He spent most of d1 making jokeposts while providing no original thoughts or reads:

samples of DB's numerous joke/unhelpful posts:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Imagine if willie was like "hey watch this neat trick that's gonna put distance between us scumbros (icefirebird) and make me look town to boot!"

Dick Bastardly posted:

heck yeah boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
superficial comments about random players. no follow up reads

Dick Bastardly posted:

I accept grandi's case as fine and good.

Dick Bastardly posted:

The first two are kinda "meh *shrug*" and the last is not that good. Not really getting a scum vibe, but will take note.
jokevote:

Dick Bastardly posted:

how about THIS!?
##vote tastey
Claimed VT:

Dick Bastardly posted:

alrighty then, well im going to bed.
im vanilla.
i'm obviously not voting myself so ##vote anon
if i die, gl town.
expressed pseudo-frustration at the possibility of a no lynch:

Dick Bastardly posted:

this town isn't going to lunch anyone, i can feel it :negative:

D2: only chimes in to comment on Gulag's point of view regarding grandicap.

##vote Dick Bastardly

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

GulagDolls posted:

well that depends. Are you sure you want to share this information? According to the op: "the curse that affects them will not be revealed even to them unless its effect would require them being notified."

So if you're town and have a useful role, it might be best to keep it to yourself. imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

well that depends. Are you sure you want to share this information? According to the op: "the curse that affects them will not be revealed even to them unless its effect would require them being notified."

So if you're town and have a useful role, it might be best to keep it to yourself. imo

Depending on how AA determines being required to know, I feel like maybe only the one about posting is an actual requirement? And he obviously doesn't have that one.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just wanted to know if anyone else was interested. its none of your business

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Nk isn't the only night action afaik?

Obviously not, considering scum killed a cop last night. There's probably other power roles out there as well, otherwise your role is almost entirely worthless. IMO your role would be more beneficial to scum.

Let's say Rhjamiz copped me and received a town result. If you watched me, you would see that I was visited by a cop.
- If you are town, then your result isn't useful to town, because you aren't told who visited me, and learn nothing about my alignment.
- If you are scum, then it helps your team narrow down the list of people with power roles. It would confirm that I'm not a cop, which would help with prioritizing night kills. Plus the scum team would look for any player that suddenly has a strong town read of me.

And those results are assuming that someone actually visited your target. Which didn't happen last night.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like grandi lynch more. DB as I recall is a complete inhuman monster in every game. i don't recall grandicap ever doing what he's doing now as town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
This is a 12 player setup. If there are 3 scum, then we might be at a MyLo situation. We have to hit scum today.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

This is a 12 player setup. If there are 3 scum, then we might be at a MyLo situation. We have to hit scum today.

We'll still be up 5-3 tomorrow if we gently caress up, assuming there's only one kill.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

We'll still be up 5-3 tomorrow if we gently caress up, assuming there's only one kill.

hmm, you're right. I'm not sure why I thought there were 8 players left.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

hmm, you're right. I'm not sure why I thought there were 8 players left.

You were probably forgetting to count yourself and your other scumbro

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

You were probably forgetting to count yourself and your other scumbro

yeah that must be it. nice catch

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

yeah that must be it. nice catch

open and shut case boys

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm really trying not to tunnel Anon, but I'm having a hard time understanding how his watcher role benefits town. I'd also like everyone to take a look at DB. In the meantime, I'll read grandicap's post history.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Also, it should be noted that the top 3 posters are Ice phoenix, Grandicap, and me. We need to decide who will be blessed in addition to the lynch. I would like to receive the blessing, but understand if you all want to nominate someone else. Either way, we need to make sure that whoever we choose has enough posts before the hammer.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Did we "choose" IcePhoenix yesterday? I'm ok with not trying to game the system by shitposting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Xad posted:

Did we "choose" IcePhoenix yesterday? I'm ok with not trying to game the system by shitposting

I don't think so. But we shouldn't let that happen again IMO.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is it total posts or does it reset per day? Because if it's the latter then b- is probably way ahead of me on the day. Dunno about anyone else.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

Is it total posts or does it reset per day? Because if it's the latter then b- is probably way ahead of me on the day. Dunno about anyone else.

MOD CLARIFICATION: doing a lovely job with this not posting in thread, but it is highest/lowest number of posts within each individual day, tia. <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GulagDolls posted:

i like grandi lynch more. DB as I recall is a complete inhuman monster in every game. i don't recall grandicap ever doing what he's doing now as town

Yeah, I don't really see a strong case other than this, and ~meta case warning~ but DB did the same thing in TWEWY mafia iirc and while lovely, he was also town in that game

b-minus1 posted:

I'm really trying not to tunnel Anon, but I'm having a hard time understanding how his watcher role benefits town. I'd also like everyone to take a look at DB. In the meantime, I'll read grandicap's post history.

could verify someone was roleblocked or something, targeted by a busdriver, etc. I can see uses for it for town

grandi just kinda checking out today makes me want to ##vote grandicap for now at least

• Locked thread