Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

From the Reddit... so, take with all the grains of salt:

quote:

Yes they are.. I emailed them asking when it will start and they said it'll come when the new season airs. In the next couple months we will all have new shirts to wear all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Really they should just open a shop and sell the drat things. They might need the money soon if they plan to keep the show going!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOMeJrmZlY

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Dr O!

God I feel so much older since the last season.

Flython fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 29, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The thing that was missing from the last season the most was the Triad. It's the only reason it's not as good as 3-5.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I can’t tell what Al says about the robot.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"He's nutsy."

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Flython posted:

Dr O!

God I feel so much older since the last season.

The good news is: you are!

Honestly the wait in particular from All This And Gargantua 2 to Season 6 felt like a lifetime to me. But then I really loved 6, so I ain't complaining.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
That's probably because Gargantua set up such a massive shake-up of the status quo.

pnumoman posted:

I mean, Doc and Jackson could ignore Dean for a whole season as he lives the boring and normal life he desires...but is that really likely?
I kind of think they're already doing it since season 5? Even in Momma's Boy, Hank and Rusty's sub-plots ended up being longer and more entertaining than Dean's. At best we've got a few moments showing that Dean has a good head on his shoulders and he's good at compromises, like in season 6 when he came up with the idea of having the Captain continue leading the company on the path set by Jonas Jr while Rusty could set up a lab for his crazier, super-science projects.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Do we know if they got orders for season 8 too? Or is it just season 7 for the foreseeable future?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The World Inferno posted:

Do we know if they got orders for season 8 too? Or is it just season 7 for the foreseeable future?

Let's be honest, here.

Even if Season 8 were already approved, it's still just Season 7 for the foreseeable future. I'm emphasizing that because we are talking about a future we can foresee. Who knows what will be happening in 2525? I mean, if man is still alive... if woman can survive... what may they find?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

God damnit. I had this whole post about how Dean and Hank finding out the truth and flourishing is great while Doc White and Billy keep stumbling through adulthood but the stupid rear end forum hiccups ate it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

tarlibone posted:

Let's be honest, here.

Even if Season 8 were already approved, it's still just Season 7 for the foreseeable future. I'm emphasizing that because we are talking about a future we can foresee. Who knows what will be happening in 2525? I mean, if man is still alive... if woman can survive... what may they find?

:golfclap:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The World Inferno posted:

I believe they were picked up for 7 and 8 at the same time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Cloks posted:

I believe they were picked up for 7 and 8 at the same time.

I'm not believing these kinds of rumors after that "They re doing Season 3 and 4 of The Expanse at the same time" fiasco.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Finally got around to watching season six. :drat: that was amazingly good. :swoon:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not believing these kinds of rumors after that "They re doing Season 3 and 4 of The Expanse at the same time" fiasco.

I looked this up and while there's no official release, Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick have said that it was renewed for season 8 and that they were working on both simultaneously.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

tarlibone posted:

Let's be honest, here.

I, too, understand and approve of this reference.

That is all.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I don't get it :smith:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

feedmyleg posted:

I don't get it :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

I just got the full 6 series DVD set. Binging and waithing fo rhte new season :D

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Way back in the olden days of yore, I mined this nugget for even more gold.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That teaser looks really good. I guess the extra production time is working.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
The show's looked spectacular since season 4 in my opinion. Although I believe that they got truly great backgrounds from season 5 on-wards.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

X_Toad posted:

The show's looked spectacular since season 4 in my opinion. Although I believe that they got truly great backgrounds from season 5 on-wards.

Yeah, the backgrounds are really good, but in the teaser when everyone's lit from below by the seal on the floor and the lights are flickering and bright, transparent ghosts everywhere. It's excellent animation.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

I just got the full 6 series DVD set. Binging and waithing fo rhte new season :D

I'll admit I thought this was a Futurama original (from one of my favorite episodes no less, "The Late Philip J. Fry") until I saw this. Probably should have known better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Everytime I see a portapotty, and considering its construction season in Canada, there's a lot around, I think of the Monarch going "We need to find a real bathroom!!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I can't believe how amazingly pretty the show looks now.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

Everytime I see a portapotty, and considering its construction season in Canada, there's a lot around, I think of the Monarch going "We need to find a real bathroom!!"

His quote about it being all sound and fury signifying nothing is still one of my favorite Monarch quotes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

drrockso20 posted:

His quote about it being all sound and fury signifying nothing is still one of my favorite Monarch quotes

I've been having stomach problems lately, and I had some chocolate milk, and that describes exactly what happened afterwards.

I also go "wow that sucked" when things that, well, suck happen. Of course in 24's voice. I'm pretty sure VB is second only to the Simpsons of adding regular vernacular.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

I've been having stomach problems lately, and I had some chocolate milk, and that describes exactly what happened afterwards.

I also go "wow that sucked" when things that, well, suck happen. Of course in 24's voice. I'm pretty sure VB is second only to the Simpsons of adding regular vernacular.
Agreed that line is great, and yeah Venture Brothers is great for that, although it does have some great competition from series like Homestar Runner

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

drrockso20 posted:

Lol yeah I read Macbeth in high school but it took venture brothers to show me the beauty of that line.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol yeah I read Macbeth in high school but it took venture brothers to show me the beauty of that line.

The pinnacle of literary elegance. I miss 24. The conversation the monarch and dr mrs my wife have about him and the monarch says ‘the one that sounds like ray romano’ is one of my favorite extended conversations in the show.

That cat could fetch a rubber band.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
We had family plans, Family plans! There was even talk of french toast...but there was none to be had!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed that line is great, and yeah Venture Brothers is great for that, although it does have some great competition from series like Homestar Runner

... Which are two of the finest things in life.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
So I decided to rewatch the last season of the show to remind me where everyone's at by the start of this new season and goddamn I completely forgot about nearly every goddamn villain dying in that drat hole, no wonder there are all those spirits hanging around the place.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And likely still nowhere near the mass grave at the compound. Ventures are dangerous to be around.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like we saw Think Tank later, just all beat to hell?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

You see battleaxe later all bandaged up.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Just the idea that Jonas Venture was such a popular do-gooder that he inspired the kind of violence that necessitated an entire potter's field is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Venture compound has been one big playground for super-scientists to fight supervillains for half a century (and maybe more) and all, and it's pretty clear that supervillains have never had any qualms sending expendable henchmen to their deaths for what amounts to LARPing with real guns, and likewise the Ventures have had no qualms letting their own muscle murder as many as possible. Though I imagine a significant percentage of that grave can be contribued to Brock Samson alone. (though then again, 21 did mention that they actually lost more henchmen to Hatred, who uses real guns and actual tactics)