Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I share Merks suspicion of jimmy and asf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
ASF looking way too defensive.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Alright scum freaking out and making themselves obvious.

##vote asf

makes this way easier.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

you have literally two votes.

ninja: a train of one, my mistake.

Pfffft everyone should claim before going to bed, you never know if someone might vote for you while you sleep

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I noticed just now that Jimmy was the one misreading the log, not AA. still AA's me too is pretty harmless.

Jimmy is probably town, friends. scum, especially new scum, wouldn't want to put themselves out there like this and try to analyze the game. Cut them some slack.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

EccoRaven posted:

##vote toalpaz there now with proper tags.

during the dancing Gambit, as I'm calling it, Toalpaz:
- said both of us should die
- immediately went "ha ha I was just joking" when called out for it
- their vote on me is the worst of the four. Dancer makes sense, I claimed scum and dancer posting and voting is necessary for the Gambit to work. AA misread the log because dancer is bad at formatting things, and ASF is just a "oh nah screw it" kinda thing, which reads townie to me because scum feel the need to justify their votes more than town. Which makes Toalpaz the worst of the four, and I think they're more likely to be scum.

Gambit finished. I'm very disappointed in dancer posting the log.

I think being a spazzy low info voter is entirely my town thing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Atomic Soda posted:

would like to hear cpig updated thoughts also

And I'd like you to actually respond to my question. I guess we will just have to be left unfulfilled.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

you have literally two votes.

ninja: a train of one, my mistake.

It's bitten me in the rear end before.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This does look like scum in the headlights, tbh.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
fair

CapitalistPig posted:

What differentiates my vote on dancer from imgay's vote on dancer that makes you want to vote me over him?

your vote seemed more opportunistic to me which i didn't get from imgay. he's also voted himself

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's late so I'm gonna sleep. Seeing as a train is building on me, cards on the table I am Oz, vanilla town.

Given what happens in Buffy I guess I may get a power later but I'm vanilla now.

is that something you're drawing just from flavour?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Is ASF’s early claiming a sign that he’s painicking? It does seem a bit premature to be claiming at this stage when 10 votes are needed. Plus vanilla townie seems to be a safe claim that is hard to prove or disprove. I don’t think Humalog mentioned if there were lots of special classes or not, so it’s hard to speculate how valid the vanilla townie claim is from this perspective.

The early role claim is a bit suspicious to me though. Especially if he thinks there’s a reason for thinking people will be suspicious of them.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’ve noticed that Bowmore has barely posted, if at all. I’d like to hear his thoughts on current events and who he is suspicious of.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I noticed just now that Jimmy was the one misreading the log, not AA. still AA's me too is pretty harmless.

Jimmy is probably town, friends. scum, especially new scum, wouldn't want to put themselves out there like this and try to analyze the game. Cut them some slack.

My vote, mostly for your understanding, but also for the clarity of the thread:
Is based on one post by Toal which I agree with because I think player meta entrenches certain players in armor,

Toalpaz posted:

Actually you all are soft cause you think Ecco is a good player. If any of the new players in this game scum claimed in Mason chat you'd be biting at the bit to flip em day one. This is either a lunch all liars game or it isn't, so I'd rather use that as a crutch and be safe.

##vote ecco

I don't know about the lunch all liars bit, but I think if you scum claim, and double down on it, regardless of recanting and player status/meta, a scum claim that doesn't look like a joke should be tested in the only way this game should test such claims...

with a vote.

:colbert:

Anyone can recant anything after it's been divulged publicly. I feel like it is an amateurish move for ecco to make and that ecco is above such play, but the doubling down, and then gentle coercing as to make their presence still appear to be a boon.

I'm good with a vote for ecco.

Granted, I'd also probably vote ASF for faking a case on me, and claiming with one vote on them.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
here is a primer for every character in Buffy.

buffy: the slayer, a mystical warrior chosen by the powers that be to rid the world of vampires and monsters.

Giles: (me) Buffy's older male mentor and guide known as a Watcher

Willow: Buffy's galpal, a witch who later says she's gay in a flagrant act of bi erasure.

Xander: Buffy's guy friend, meek and unpowered but has a good heart, sometimes, more often than not.

Anya: a demon that got turned into a human (well, a human that turned into a demon that later got turned back into a human). almost married Xander.

Oz: Willow's high school rock star boyfriend, played by anthropomorphic mouse Seth Green. he later develops lycanthropy (werewolf)

Cordelia: popular cheerleader, becomes part of the gang reluctantly and later joins Angel on the sister show. briefly dated Xander (their breakup brought Anya to town)

Tara: Willow's college girlfriend, also a witch but not as powerful as Willow.

Angel: a vampire cursed with the return of his soul, it's not clear exactly what that means except he mopes around a lot. Buffy's first love, gets a spinoff show.

Drusilla: a church girl from the 1700s whom Angel drove insane and then turned into a vampire. She has visions.

Spike: a vampire from the 1800s, very good at killing Slayers, is sired (turned into a vampire) by Drusilla, and the three have merry mayhem adventures until Angel leaves to cry a lot.

Dawn: Buffy's fake sister

Joyce: Buffy's real mom, she's a single mother just trying to keep her family safe

Willy: a really minor character, owns a bar, is scum traitor personified.

Harmony: one of Cordelia's bees, becomes a vampire but is really annoying about it

Riley: Buffy's college boyfriend, is a human soldier but is still pretty beefy. He later feels inadequate around buffy and they break up, or something, idk he's so boring. There was an episode once where they couldn't stop loving and that was the plot.

are there more characters, I think this is everyone who matters, and Willy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's not really the flavour/VT claim.

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's late so I'm gonna sleep. Seeing as a train is building on me, cards on the table I am Oz, vanilla town.

Given what happens in Buffy I guess I may get a power later but I'm vanilla now.

Some people called ASF awkward/focusing on the wrong thing or whatever. We don't know 100% whether ASF is scum or not, so town ASF knows that we might make mistakes and switch off eventually, instead they can try and focus on making cases before they get lunched to help town's perspective if they flip town.

Try to imagine scum posting this perspective, and what caused it.

A scum ASF thinks that they're getting cornered, when only like 2-3 people people seriously considered them slightly scummy. It feels like the end of the world, getting caught this early, and scum team will fall far behind. Scum ASF knows that they'll flip scum, and is frustrated. So ASF claims VT in an attempt to dissuade people looking at them. Calling 2-3 people looking at them a 'train building' up is an exaggeration, that results from their scum perspective.

I think that's the reasoning behind it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

##vote toalpaz there now with proper tags.

during the dancing Gambit, as I'm calling it, Toalpaz:
- said both of us should die
- immediately went "ha ha I was just joking" when called out for it
- their vote on me is the worst of the four. Dancer makes sense, I claimed scum and dancer posting and voting is necessary for the Gambit to work. AA misread the log because dancer is bad at formatting things, and ASF is just a "oh nah screw it" kinda thing, which reads townie to me because scum feel the need to justify their votes more than town. Which makes Toalpaz the worst of the four, and I think they're more likely to be scum.

Gambit finished. I'm very disappointed in dancer posting the log.

Hmm, not bad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My vote, mostly for your understanding, but also for the clarity of the thread:
Is based on one post by Toal which I agree with because I think player meta entrenches certain players in armor,

I don't know about the lunch all liars bit, but I think if you scum claim, and double down on it, regardless of recanting and player status/meta, a scum claim that doesn't look like a joke should be tested in the only way this game should test such claims...

with a vote.

:colbert:

Anyone can recant anything after it's been divulged publicly. I feel like it is an amateurish move for ecco to make and that ecco is above such play, but the doubling down, and then gentle coercing as to make their presence still appear to be a boon.

I'm good with a vote for ecco.

Granted, I'd also probably vote ASF for faking a case on me, and claiming with one vote on them.

ok chief

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

here is a primer for every character in Buffy.

buffy: the slayer, a mystical warrior chosen by the powers that be to rid the world of vampires and monsters.

Giles: (me) Buffy's older male mentor and guide known as a Watcher

Willow: Buffy's galpal, a witch who later says she's gay in a flagrant act of bi erasure.

Xander: Buffy's guy friend, meek and unpowered but has a good heart, sometimes, more often than not.

Anya: a demon that got turned into a human (well, a human that turned into a demon that later got turned back into a human). almost married Xander.

Oz: Willow's high school rock star boyfriend, played by anthropomorphic mouse Seth Green. he later develops lycanthropy (werewolf)

Cordelia: popular cheerleader, becomes part of the gang reluctantly and later joins Angel on the sister show. briefly dated Xander (their breakup brought Anya to town)

Tara: Willow's college girlfriend, also a witch but not as powerful as Willow.

Angel: a vampire cursed with the return of his soul, it's not clear exactly what that means except he mopes around a lot. Buffy's first love, gets a spinoff show.

Drusilla: a church girl from the 1700s whom Angel drove insane and then turned into a vampire. She has visions.

Spike: a vampire from the 1800s, very good at killing Slayers, is sired (turned into a vampire) by Drusilla, and the three have merry mayhem adventures until Angel leaves to cry a lot.

Dawn: Buffy's fake sister

Joyce: Buffy's real mom, she's a single mother just trying to keep her family safe

Willy: a really minor character, owns a bar, is scum traitor personified.

Harmony: one of Cordelia's bees, becomes a vampire but is really annoying about it

Riley: Buffy's college boyfriend, is a human soldier but is still pretty beefy. He later feels inadequate around buffy and they break up, or something, idk he's so boring. There was an episode once where they couldn't stop loving and that was the plot.

are there more characters, I think this is everyone who matters, and Willy.

Wasn’t Riley like some part of special forces and then got a wife at some point?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think ASF's claim is actually townie. I feel like he'd have gone into the scum discord and asked wtf to do and been talked off the claim ledge.

##vote Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

It's not really the flavour/VT claim.

Some people called ASF awkward/focusing on the wrong thing or whatever. We don't know 100% whether ASF is scum or not, so town ASF knows that we might make mistakes and switch off eventually, instead they can try and focus on making cases before they get lunched to help town's perspective if they flip town.

Try to imagine scum posting this perspective, and what caused it.

A scum ASF thinks that they're getting cornered, when only like 2-3 people people seriously considered them slightly scummy. It feels like the end of the world, getting caught this early, and scum team will fall far behind. Scum ASF knows that they'll flip scum, and is frustrated. So ASF claims VT in an attempt to dissuade people looking at them. Calling 2-3 people looking at them a 'train building' up is an exaggeration, that results from their scum perspective.

I think that's the reasoning behind it.

I was responding to jimmy earlier.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

jimmydalad posted:

Wasn’t Riley like some part of special forces and then got a wife at some point?

yes he was part of a secret government special forces team designed to combat demons that ultimately wound up creating a Frankenstein's monster of old demon parts. it was a dumb plot and Adam, the monster, was not a compelling villain

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
other big bads:

- The Master, an old demon and the time lord's childhood best friend.
- The Mayor, a human who has mastered the dark arts, and hopes to eat the entire town in his monster form. A great villain, season three best season.
- Adam, boring Frankenstein's monster.
- Glory, a goddess trapped on Earth who wants to escape by killing a bunch of people. Has a split body or something, idk it was weird too.
- Life Itself, the true season 6 villain, having to pay bills and get a job
- The First, the literal concept of evil personified

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jimmydalad posted:

He got hypnotized into a murderbot at one point I thought. The whole jessica jones super soldier enemy style.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I love ecco's summaries though haha.

"Riley: Buffy's college boyfriend, is a human soldier but is still pretty beefy. He later feels inadequate around buffy and they break up, or something, idk he's so boring. There was an episode once where they couldn't stop loving and that was the plot."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I love ecco's summaries though haha.

"Riley: Buffy's college boyfriend, is a human soldier but is still pretty beefy. He later feels inadequate around buffy and they break up, or something, idk he's so boring. There was an episode once where they couldn't stop loving and that was the plot."

TBF who wouldn't feel inadequate around Buffy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I should rewatch Buffy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Buddy seems to get around a lot. Like from what I have read, she seemed to spend a lot of time loving Spike. Not that it’s bad or anything, you go girl, but it’s nice to have a main sexually active heroine.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Spike is implanted with a chip from the special forces people that electrocutes him whenever he tries to hurt a human but doesn't when he attacks a demon or vampire, making him into an ally of the Scooby Gang, except operant conditioning doesn't make you a better person and he winds up almost raping Buffy.

I don't see the appeal but my mother and sister ship it so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Atomic Soda posted:

your vote seemed more opportunistic to me which i didn't get from imgay. he's also voted himself

Did you also ignore my perfectly valid reason for voting for him for that ridiculous song and dance that led to ultimately nothing useful?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jimmydalad posted:

I’ve noticed that Bowmore has barely posted, if at all.

Yeah, that is basically every game bowmore has ever been in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

- Life Itself, the true season 6 villain, having to pay bills and get a job

Umm excuse me, season 6 big bad was the Trio in the first part and then Dark Willow in the second part.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would like people to comment on the following things:
- Toalpaz case
- The Gambit, or
- the Australians.

i dislike dancer's reticence about discussing Asphyxious, who I guess is also called Gaspy. In my initial role PM it said we were to be buddies, I hadn't noticed it was changed until after I started my Gambit and realized "dancer" was in the game and had the same username as my buddy. Humalong told us in our channel that it was because Gaspy was Australian and I, as an American, wouldn't have fun with him since we'd have such different schedules. this is incorrect, but also instead humalong paired me with a European, who actually has worse hours than me, which is very sad. This is inconsistent with what humalong said in the thread, which is problematic.

For no reason other than "I think my Gambit was the right idea" I suspect Gaspy is scum.

Humalong this is one of the reasons why you don't let people post chat logs, as a heads up. it turns private conversations into public spectacles, and that includes your contributions to our channel. I know you're a new mod but for the future, it's better to take a universal "don't post things that originated outside the thread" policy. I can't ignore that you've been inconsistent with why you paired me and Dancer together, and I suppose I should just PM you but that's not how I roll so, sorry!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco dishing out mod sass when Ecco is the worst at handling mod sass. :banjo:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I don't buy ASF Oz vanilla town claim, if I was gonna throw a fakeclaim into a buffy game for scum Oz would definitely be one of them.

Vanilla town is an easy claim for scum to hide behind.

merk posted:

I think ASF's claim is actually townie. I feel like he'd have gone into the scum discord and asked wtf to do and been talked off the claim ledge.

##vote Toal

I disagree.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

I would like people to comment on the following things:
- Toalpaz case

It is good, would vote.

I'm not sure about the gaspy thing. That's a maybe, it's hard to say when it's just a mod error whether it is indicative of scum or not.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Umm excuse me, season 6 big bad was the Trio in the first part and then Dark Willow in the second part.

The Trio were a triad of nerds who represented the worst of nerd culture. They build sex robots, e.g. One of them is straight up evil, Warren, and the others are sycophants. Jonathan is played by the tiny Danny Strong who later becomes Paris's love interest at Yale, acting as a rock on my perfect ship (Rory and Paris otp). Andrew is the third member and the longest to live, he's effeminate and........ gay? I always assumed he was but maybe that's internalized homophobia.

Dark Willow is after Tara is murdered (spoilers), Willow dyes her hair black and drops her skincare regimen and tries to destroy the world, you know, classic lesbian breakup stuff.

Neither are a big bad, they're more like minor maladies.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

The Trio were a triad of nerds who represented the worst of nerd culture. They build sex robots, e.g. One of them is straight up evil, Warren, and the others are sycophants. Jonathan is played by the tiny Danny Strong who later becomes Paris's love interest at Yale, acting as a rock on my perfect ship (Rory and Paris otp). Andrew is the third member and the longest to live, he's effeminate and........ gay? I always assumed he was but maybe that's internalized homophobia.

Dark Willow is after Tara is murdered (spoilers), Willow dyes her hair black and drops her skincare regimen and tries to destroy the world, you know, classic lesbian breakup stuff.

Neither are a big bad, they're more like minor maladies.

Regardless they are still widely considered as the big bads of season 6 and are listed as such in the wiki.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Ecco dishing out mod sass when Ecco is the worst at handling mod sass. :banjo:

only when it's from a certain player who cannot help but play the mod meta game, I think I'm being fairly reasonable in comparison but if I'm not then oh well, so it goes, life is crazy and we're all doomed for the grave before long anyway so what does it matter.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CapitalistPig posted:

Regardless they are still widely considered as the big bads of season 6 and are listed as such in the wiki.

oh you're Warren, nice, thanks for the scum claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EccoRaven posted:

oh you're Warren, nice, thanks for the scum claim.

That's a bit of a stretch but ok.

• Locked thread