Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm also in the home stretch on DD and it isn't really sticking the landing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What DC super villain would Charlie Sheen be?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sticksy posted:

Dr Psycho.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I'm also in the home stretch on DD and it isn't really sticking the landing for me.

The last episode is really, really good.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm enjoying S3 of Daredevil for the most part but it seems to confuse "slow burn" for "smart TV". Making something plodding and tedious and have a freaking 25 minute flashback doesn't make something "smart".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I havent started DDS2 yet, but it blows my mind that so far out of all the Netflix Marvel shows, Iron Fist S2 was the only one I didn't wish had been shorter. I was expecting it to be 13 episodes like the rest, and when I watched the end of episode 10 I was super pumped for three more episodes of that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sticksy posted:

Eddie Berganza.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Madkal posted:

Lex always goes on about human potential and pushing yourself or some other boot straps bullshit. Trump can't think about anything that isn't Trump based. Lex doesn't need to be loved, Trump has a sociopathic need to be loved.

Anyway, I am powering through season 3 of Daredevil and I skipped all the spoilers pages ago but I just want to know if anyone else found the origin story for Poindexter to be one of the most boring episodes ever committed to film?

The Karen episode felt worse because of its placement, imo. Though it was probably "better".

Overall I really enjoyed S3 but I also really enjoyed S2, albeit slightly less (the ending was a wet fart.)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Yeah if we're talking "I wish this wasn't happening" that's gotta go to Karen. The rest of DDS3 really held up for me. For the most part, I think Netflix Marvel is pretty good. The only one I have an out and out negative feeling toward is JJS2.

On a side note, has there been any rumblings on the next season of Cloak and Dagger? I really liked that one.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

sticksy posted:

Snowflame.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah if we're talking "I wish this wasn't happening" that's gotta go to Karen. The rest of DDS3 really held up for me. For the most part, I think Netflix Marvel is pretty good. The only one I have an out and out negative feeling toward is JJS2.

On a side note, has there been any rumblings on the next season of Cloak and Dagger? I really liked that one.

I thought it was confirmed for spring/summer.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Madkal posted:

Anyway, I am powering through season 3 of Daredevil and I skipped all the spoilers pages ago but I just want to know if anyone else found the origin story for Poindexter to be one of the most boring episodes ever committed to film?

Yep

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

ToastyPotato posted:

Another issue I have with the casting is that Cryer looks like he could be Lena's dad. I was kind of expecting someone in the age range of the rest of the cast.

Lena was adopted, so that could play into it

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Davros1 posted:

That doesn't really help though because he looks nearly as old as his mother.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

sticksy posted:

AIDSmageddon

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sticksy posted:

No, wait, I'm changing my answer.

SNOWFLAME.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, obvious but Tigerblood.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Davros1 posted:

I'm like 83% sure we saw kid Lex in a flashback to Lena's childhood and he wasn't all that much older than she was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hemogoblin

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

That doesn't really help though because he looks nearly as old as his mother.

howe_sam posted:

I'm like 83% sure we saw kid Lex in a flashback to Lena's childhood and he wasn't all that much older than she was.

Prison ages you and/or while kryptonite is relatively safe for humans compared to kryptonians, continued exposure has negative effects and no one has spent as much time around kryptonite as Lex Luthor.

I'd say I deserve a no prize, but that's a Marvel thing.

Edit: I do wish it was the guy who played Luthor in Smallville though, he was the only person who seemed to give a drat in the entire show.

Have any Smallville actors been in Supergirl? I know they made a reference to Cloe once, but she's not going to actually be in the show since she's in jail for sex trafficking.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 19, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Lois became Supergirl's mom

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Lois became Supergirl's mom

Oh poo poo, yeah, she was the only other good actor on that show.

Give us The Adventures of Lois and Lex.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Karen flashback is really good and authentic to the slow death one experiences living in a small town with no economy.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skwirl posted:

Prison ages you and/or while kryptonite is relatively safe for humans compared to kryptonians, continued exposure has negative effects and no one has spent as much time around kryptonite as Lex Luthor.

I'd say I deserve a no prize, but that's a Marvel thing.

Edit: I do wish it was the guy who played Luthor in Smallville though, he was the only person who seemed to give a drat in the entire show.

Have any Smallville actors been in Supergirl? I know they made a reference to Cloe once, but she's not going to actually be in the show since she's in jail for sex trafficking.

Smallville's Supergirl played Indigo on Supergirl

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sure that eventually more of the Smallville cast will pop up. Now that Welling has turned his lovely attitude around and patched things up with Rosenbaum he might get a shot at a guest appearance now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Who would you guess they would get Welling and Rosenbaum to play, assuming they agreed to do it? Booster Gold and Ted Kord? :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ToastyPotato posted:

Who would you guess they would get Welling and Rosenbaum to play, assuming they agreed to do it? Booster Gold and Ted Kord? :v:

Bizarro and uhhh is there a Bizarro Lex?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Medullah posted:

Bizarro and uhhh is there a Bizarro Lex?

There is a bizarro everyone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

There is a bizarro everyone.

I'm regular Stormy.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

I was unaware of this character's origin/existence and actually now kinda want to see this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Have they done Zod yet? That's who I'd get Welling to play if I was doing a supershow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Have they done Zod yet? That's who I'd get Welling to play if I was doing a supershow.

Yes, Zod made a small appearance as a hallucination (played by Mark Gibbon.) Also he was cast on Krypton where he was played by Arrow vet Colin Salmon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Yes, Zod made a small appearance as a hallucination. Also he was cast on Krypton where he was played by Arrow vet Colin Salmon.

Is that even the same universe as Supergirl?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Is that even the same universe as Supergirl?

Nope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Krypton is in the dimension that is devoid of all fun and excitement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But everyone is handsome and pretty as all hell.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Yep, that's also where they shot Inhumans.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
In the back of the head?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Out back behind the shed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

But everyone is handsome and pretty as all hell.

That's the much larger dimension called "television"