Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Is the giant a big zombie now or are we plum outta giants

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
My prediction is that Jon and Dany will have a child, but the child will have ADHD and will have trouble in school.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Evil Agita posted:

Is the giant a big zombie now or are we plum outta giants

They’re dead jim

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/10/game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-the-winds-of-winter-interview

Lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Never
LOL

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCLDpvGStw

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

“On the other hand, once I really get rolling, I get into the world. The rest of the world vanishes, and I don’t care what I’m having for dinner, what movies are on, what my email says or who’s mad at me this week because The Winds of Winter isn’t out"

fuckin yeah right, lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You see, the reason I'm so fat is that when I really get into writing, which I do a lot, my diet goes out the window. I don't care what I eat as long as it's constant. It takes a lot of energy to type and so I eat everything in sight.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
People that are rich, but not fat should have their money taken away and redistributed to the masses. They clearly don't enjoy being rich enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what was in the barrels they shoved off the wall

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

what was in the barrels they shoved off the wall

In the books it was gravel and ice.

In the show I'm pretty sure it was drunken dwarfs who had been pushing their poo poo through holes drilled in the side.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Am I correct that this motherfucker released a 700 page book that is the FIRST part of two treatises on the history of the Game of Thrones universe instead of the new book everyone wanted just to finish his story

because that's a lol

and apparently it's getting savaged in reviews because people want the other book lol

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-T...=fire+and+blood

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Yes, because he knows pretty well hes gone and forgotten once the "saga" is finished so hes gonna milk this poo poo as hard he can

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Yes, because he knows pretty well hes gone and forgotten once the "saga" is finished so hes gonna milk this poo poo as hard he can

No one writes fantasy/sci-fi bullshit because they believe in it and think it's good (apart from a few hardcore autistic rapists in the scifi camp). The whole goal there is to get a bunch of hopeless nerds reading your thousand page garbage fire dumpers and keep them on the hook until you don't have to work any more.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
In short I hope he does finish the next book and it's 890 pages and every page just has the same few lines on it, something like:

"The author wants you to know that he thinks this stuff is pap, that he thinks less of you for reading thousands of pages of it, that he regrets not being able to write and sell any actual literature, and that you are not getting a refund for this purchase."

raton fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 22, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are really popular Youtube videos where people just talk about the lore and history of Game of Thrones so it makes sense he wants all that money.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Probably it's just less tedious and awful to write a pretend encyclopedia than it is to grind through another thousand pages of fake animals and wizards doing what amounts to bullshit nothing, smirked Arya, the tween assassin

raton fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 22, 2018

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

raton posted:

Probably it's just less tedious and awful to write a pretend encyclopedia than it is to grind through another thousand pages of fake animals and wizards doing what amounts to bullshit nothing, smirked Arya, the tween assassin

Ha

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

raton posted:

He's likely had that encyclopedia all along as a writing help, and just reformatted it a bit to make it readable. Establishing background info to get a better idea of your characters and setting is a common thing to do for writers.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

He's likely had that encyclopedia all along as a writing help, and just reformatted it a bit to make it readable. Establishing background info to get a better idea of your characters and setting is a common thing to do for writers.

Writers think about that stuff but they're usually busy writing what they're actually writing, not doing their own fanfic, imo/e

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I remember reading an interview years ago where grrm admitted he had trouble keeping track of what all the characters have done/said in previous books and it slows down his writing a lot. His remedy is to ask an autistic fan from Sweden that he met on livejournal anything he needs to know, and of course the autist knows absolutely everything and helps him along. This was a very special post.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Agita posted:

I remember reading an interview years ago where grrm admitted he had trouble keeping track of what all the characters have done/said in previous books and it slows down his writing a lot. His remedy is to ask an autistic fan from Sweden that he met on livejournal anything he needs to know, and of course the autist knows absolutely everything and helps him along. This was a very special post.

Is that why "Swedish Retard" is in the credits at the end of each episode or are there multiple Swedish retards involved in the GoT process?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

raton posted:

Is that why "Swedish Retard" is in the credits at the end of each episode or are there multiple Swedish retards involved in the GoT process?

Finally we are asking the important questions about the series

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

raton posted:

Writers think about that stuff but they're usually busy writing what they're actually writing, not doing their own fanfic, imo/e

all writing is doing your own fanfic tho

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

raton posted:

that's probably true for a single book, less so when you're creating a consistent universe that will be the subject of several books.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

that's probably true for a single book, less so when you're creating a consistent universe that will be the subject of several books.

If you're laying a turd you can get away with some stink

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Apparently, people are upset about HBOs S8 ad campaign spoiling previous seasons. LOL.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Waltzing Along posted:

Apparently, people are upset about HBOs S8 ad campaign spoiling previous seasons. LOL.

Hahahaha what

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hahahaha what

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a25345554/game-of-thrones-season-8-poster-spoilers/

I would have posted it originally but couldn't find the link.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Waltzing Along posted:

I mean, it’s dumb but I also don’t like this thing in marketing/pop culture where YOU HAVE TO STAY CURRENT, gotta watch this the second it comes out or the internet will spoil it for ya!!! watch every loving thing you are interested in ASAP

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Eh, I think for this show in particular, I can see the annoyance, because so much care was taken on the internet for the first four or five seasons to keep book spoilers away from show only viewers at most sites, it's a little odd for HBO to do spoilers so casually.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I mean, it’s dumb but I also don’t like this thing in marketing/pop culture where YOU HAVE TO STAY CURRENT, gotta watch this the second it comes out or the internet will spoil it for ya!!! watch every loving thing you are interested in ASAP

Marketing is trash and a blight on human culture.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's the dragon and titty power hour show, who gives a gently caress about spoilers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Universe Master posted:

Eh, I think for this show in particular, I can see the annoyance, because so much care was taken on the internet for the first four or five seasons to keep book spoilers away from show only viewers at most sites, it's a little odd for HBO to do spoilers so casually.

If you had never seen the show, you would be spoiled by there being a dragon. Which happens about 14% through the current content. And that someone has a hosed up face that you don't know who it is. I mean, who sees those posters and then remembers Joffrey being poisoned after 30+ episodes?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The only recap needed was snaketits

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's the dragon and titty power hour show, who gives a gently caress about spoilers.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for Stannis to make a comeback and save the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
A lot of people are speculating that Dany will sit on the Iron Throne, but I'd rather she sit on my face!