Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

haljordan posted:

Why do you need an entire book on eating fast food? Just do what I do: Order way too much and then shame eat in your car in a far corner of the parking lot.

I purposely stare at these people when I happen to walk by them.

Yeah I see you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jon Hein is way too famous for his own good, and that's the entire reason the book exists. It's apparently full of literally useless information, framed to be some sort of super life-hack ("Don't put too much ice in your cup; that way, you maximize the value of the drink you purchased... unless there are free refills."), and he's also likely to be the kind of person who sincerely uses the term 'life-hack'.

The man himself is some sort of life hack.

Or he hacks the life out of poor women in his basement. Who knows?

I would like to hit him with the Hein.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I would love to hear his book, but I will never pay any amount of money for it.

Could get it with an Audible trial for free... or put in a request to your local library for everyone to listen to!

Edit: Oh god, my local library has the book

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Libraries today loving rule. Mine rents out nearly every lovely and popular DVD/Blu Ray you can imagine. Even some old TV shows I can't find in :filez:

They also give me full access to Lynda.com, Ancestry.com, console games, a poo poo ton of CDs, mobile WiFi hotspots, even musical instruments.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Not lookin' good for Angry Black.

https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/hackensack/police-fire/south-hackensack-pd-ex-howard-stern-regular-was-dwi-in-crash-injuring-3/737707/

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I got him mixed up with King of All Blacks for a moment there and I was like "poo poo, there won't be no Moen faucets in jail."

He would have had to use a beige computer, with a monitor that has a back.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I love his fixation with Moen faucets. Pretty sure I've seen them in every shithole bathroom I've ever used.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

at least it was a 2018 BMW, King of all Blacks is going to have to go car shopping if he wants to call in and talk poo poo

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sand Monster posted:

As we all know, the centerpieces of the "mad tear" were Robin Givens and Angie Everhart, who just so happen to be clients of Don Buchwald & Associates (source & source). A lot of insight into Givens' mindset can be gleaned by reading up on her and her mother's approach to the Mike Tyson marriage. Suffice it to say, publicity is all that matters. So, it's a win-win: pretend to be in a relationship with Howard Stern and he'll talk about it on the air. You don't have to do anything, although to me it's odd that Buchwald didn't bother to at least trot Howard out there with the girls in public to get some attention in the press.

I don't know who her agent is but I'm fairly certain Howard hosed Dina Meyer.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm pretty sure he and Sheryl Crow messed around too. She used to be on all the time and even performed at the going away party at the end of 2005. And then you never heard from her again, at least on the show.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

I don't know who her agent is but I'm fairly certain Howard hosed Dina Meyer.

What is the connection between the two or otherwise why you think that?

Who are the other rumored conquests? Leila Arcieri, Amy Lynn, Carmen Electra?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bonzo posted:

Libraries today loving rule. Mine rents out nearly every lovely and popular DVD/Blu Ray you can imagine. Even some old TV shows I can't find in :filez:

They also give me full access to Lynda.com, Ancestry.com, console games, a poo poo ton of CDs, mobile WiFi hotspots, even musical instruments.

Libraries are kick rear end.

Wait...they rent games?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

What is the connection between the two or otherwise why you think that?

Who are the other rumored conquests? Leila Arcieri, Amy Lynn, Carmen Electra?

There is no way in hell he had sex with Carmen Electra.

Also I don't listen to the show at all nowadays but is Pam Anderson still Howard's go-to when he needs an example of a hot chick?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

haljordan posted:

There is no way in hell he had sex with Carmen Electra.

Also I don't listen to the show at all nowadays but is Pam Anderson still Howard's go-to when he needs an example of a hot chick?

It's Emily Ratajkowski now

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Libraries are kick rear end.

Wait...they rent games?

Yeah. Not really any new titles or GTA but more like Lego and Mario games. The selection looks like what you'd expect to see at Blockbuster on a snow day

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Somebody over on reddit is passing along a 2+ TB Stern video collection going back to 1980:

https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/aa4dt6/looking_to_share_my_howard_stern_audio_and_video/

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That would be awesome, but the guy wants to mail USB HDDs around. I can't wait until someone separates this in to multiple torrents.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lifespan posted:

That would be awesome, but the guy wants to mail USB HDDs around. I can't wait until someone separates this in to multiple torrents.

2TB of data is a bit insane for something that I, honestly, would probably browse one day and go "that's cool" and then never really sit down and watch.

Plus... what does a 2TB external cost, $50? That's kind of a big risk to put out there to some stranger on the internet.

Even as a torrent, I have a 1TB bandwidth limit, and it would take me probably about 4 months to download it all.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I live in a world where I need more than 1TB a month for work reasons and therefore already pay Comcast a premium for what I used to get for free. For that reason, I am happy to abuse it. I have totally just re-downloaded multiple GB files to my laptop because I was too lazy to transfer it from my desktop...

That said, I don't think $50 is a big deal for the amount of content, it's more the "sharing my address to a random person on Reddit then taking the time to buy and ship an HDD" that is the bigger deal. I'm hoping someone with a big upload pipe gets a copy and torrents the hell out of it. Sharing drives for large files is very 90s.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They could put it on the Stern newsgroup so anybody can grab it at their leisure without needing to upload to other users and with good retention it will be available for five years.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

2 TB of video?

I guess I would like a good, complete copy of the channel 9 show, and it would be nice to see some of those early TV appearances, but outside of that I don't really want five hundred hours of the E show.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

They could put it on the Stern newsgroup so anybody can grab it at their leisure without needing to upload to other users and with good retention it will be available for five years.

I use newsgroups quite a bit so if someone can get this to me I can upload it. I mean, in theory I could :filez:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The guy uploading Best Ofs to reddit got banned. I was somehow invited to a private reddit where they are continuing to share clips and full shows.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Astro7x posted:

The guy uploading Best Ofs to reddit got banned. I was somehow invited to a private reddit where they are continuing to share clips and full shows.

Reddit has been cracking down on piracy big time. Racism seems ok though.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Reddit has been cracking down on piracy big time. Racism seems ok though.

I hate when people say this, but... This is the darkest timeline. :smith:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hate when people say this, but... This is the darkest timeline. :smith:

more and more long time 4chan and reddit regulars are reaching voting age every day :suicide:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

I use newsgroups quite a bit

File me under "PM plz when it gets put up somewhere".

2TB, how can a hoarder who's collected 40 years of Stern stuff think 2TB is some sort of 1990's bulletin board usergroup disk passaround poo poo?

I would love to re-hear the shows that got me started in the early 90's, not to mention when I rejoined daily listernship in the early 2000's and into the early days of Artie dash Lange before his rear end got large enough to accommodate his oversized head

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Just a reminder that the show is probably off for MLK day in case the three people in the thread who still listen were expecting a live show.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Former Human posted:

Just a reminder that the show is probably off for MLK day in case the three people in the thread who still listen were expecting a live show.

Every time I had the show on this weekend I hit the part where they were talking about the birthday bash. It's annoying how often you get the exact same thing on weekends.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just get the app and treat the show like a podcast. They cut out the commercials even.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

Just get the app and treat the show like a podcast. They cut out the commercials even.

Yup. The "Commercial Free" FILES versions available online usually include the live reads, since Howard is often riffing on the previous topic during the read, and also because they are mixed directly into the news without bumpers or any kind of pause.

But the ones you can download off the apps, no ads whatsoever. Don't want to accidentally give your sponsors any ad time that they didn't pay for. :haw:

Anyway, I bought myself a year streaming sub last month, and the updated app is nice. They also updated the Sonos Boff integration, so you can listen to all of the on demand stuff right through your Sonos Boff controller. Which is nice, except that you can't jump around in the time line, fast forward, reverse, or even pick up where you left off. So if you pause a 4 hour long on demand stream even once, you have to start from the begining. So, even though I pay for Sirius, I still download the illegal versions for listening on my Sonos Boff, so I can have full podcast-level control over what I play on it.

The solution is easy! Just allow the Sirius app to Cast directly to my Sonos Boff system, just like the FREAKING PANDORA APP ALREADY DOES. Jesus Christ, they've owned Pandora for a while, I can't imagine it would take them long to implement this.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

The solution is easy! Just allow the Sirius app to Cast directly to my Sonos Boff system, just like the FREAKING PANDORA APP ALREADY DOES. Jesus Christ, they've owned Pandora for a while, I can't imagine it would take them long to implement this.

Howard probably has Jeff Schick running the technology side of things over at Sirius.

SIM cards are the future!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lol @ anyone stupid enough to buy and ship a 2TB+ drive (remember, he says it has to be BIGGER than 2TB, not just 2TB) to a total loving stranger on the internet in exchange for some Howard Stern clips

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

lol @ anyone stupid enough to buy and ship a 2TB+ drive (remember, he says it has to be BIGGER than 2TB, not just 2TB) to a total loving stranger on the internet in exchange for some Howard Stern clips

I guess you are too young to remember sneakernet

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

2TB drives are like 70 bucks lol

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
The video of Richard crying today over the Chiefs loss was great. Wasn’t that rear end in a top hat going crazy over the Eagles winning last year? I normally find Richards “everything’s my favorite” endearing but sports bigamist annoy me.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Eagles winning last year was a big big big deal tho (full disclosure: philly goon). I dunno Richard's connection to it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I recently learned that Jackie's record label was called Off Hour Rockers. For the longest time, I thought it was Off OUR Rockers. Hee hee!

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Same here. I saw the Jackie joke cd on reddit. I finally got why they always goofed on Jackie’s wife for being his graphic artist. The cd looks like something I could have made on a cheap label maker as a teenager when making mixed cds was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
All Folked Up is still the best name.
Richards only connection to the eagles is that his wife is from philly. They named their son Carson. Yet another reason Richard is an rear end in a top hat.