Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

LividLiquid posted:

From what I've seen of New Japan, absolutely. I'd take that in a North American promotion in a New York minute.

Sadly not even New Japan in America has New Japan level production values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

LividLiquid posted:

From what I've seen of New Japan, absolutely. I'd take that in a North American promotion in a New York minute.

Same here! NJPW doesn't do anything flashy or fancy with its cameras, but just shoots everything pretty well without giving you a seizure with constant zooming. There aren't a ton of times I've been watching New Japan and have seen a big spot get missed outside of the stationary camera house shows once things spill into the crowd.

Just no ref cams or weird turnbuckle cams or any of the hokey bullshit WCW, Impact, and WWE have tried in the past. The production doesn't need gimmicks, it just needs to look good and present the show well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1094708653695864833

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

it wasn't that bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Considering his leg, it was remarkable that it was still fairly solid. But yeah not wrestling until he's had surgery is a good idea regardless of how good or bad a match it was.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Address health concerns first then performance concerns. One affects the other in the short term and one in the long term. Take your time Cody

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Here's what u expect to happen at Double or Nothing.

Dean Ambrose will come out from the crowd in the middle of SCU v. Cima and the OWE crew Scott Hall debuting on Nitro style. The show is even scheduled during Memorial Day week.

The Bucks v. Lucha Brothers ends with the Usos coming superkicking everybody.

Cody says he"s going to wrestle somebody not yet announced. It's Swerve Time!

After Omerga beats Jericho in the main event the lights go out. When they come back on Brock Lesnar appears in the ring and drags Jericho to entry way and F5's him in the stage. The lights go back out. They come back on and AJ Styles appears in the ring apron and delivers the phenomenal forum to Omega. Lights go back out and when they come back on there's Randy Orton to deliver the RKO out of nowhere to everybody in the ring

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm convinced Roque is some Markov generator posting stuff from some other smark board.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Roque11 posted:

Hang on a second.... that's not what I'm expecting to happen at all! :aaa:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I want aew to offer Brock a ludicrous amount of money for a one off appearance where he loses to like, jungle boy or something

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm expecting the Double or Nothing Chamber to debut, which is a chamber a wrestler goes into and then a button is pressed. when the chamber opens there will either be two copies of the original wrestler in the chamber, or simply nothing, the wrestler having been removed from existence. whoever wins their match will have the option of either sending the loser to the chamber, or going in themselves.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Dean Ambrose will come out from the crowd in the middle of SCU v. Cima and the OWE crew Scott Hall debuting on Nitro style. The show is even scheduled during Memorial Day week.

After Omerga beats Jericho in the main event the lights go out. When they come back on Brock Lesnar appears in the ring and drags Jericho to entry way and F5's him in the stage. The lights go back out. They come back on and AJ Styles appears in the ring apron and delivers the phenomenal forum to Omega. Lights go back out and when they come back on there's Randy Orton to deliver the RKO out of nowhere to everybody in the ring

Same

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Roque11 posted:

And then Chris Benoit comes back, having faked his death, and cuts a promo on the real killer, Kevin Sullivan

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Then The New Day and all the original NWO and Kronik come out for a huuuge party

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Drew McIntyre posted:

i'm expecting the Double or Nothing Chamber to debut, which is a chamber a wrestler goes into and then a button is pressed. when the chamber opens there will either be two copies of the original wrestler in the chamber, or simply nothing, the wrestler having been removed from existence. whoever wins their match will have the option of either sending the loser to the chamber, or going in themselves.

yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So Conrad was doing some super carny poo poo selling a lower bowl ticket to the show, Starrcade VIP pass and tickets to his after party for like $1,000 bucks if you had a Starrcade pass for All In.

Some people laughed at him and called him out.

Some people posted about buying tickets but cropped out how much they paid!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmao imagine paying a grand to hang out with that dude

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's gonna be in big trouble with all the other mortgage brokers if they find out he convinced people to pay far more money than something is worth!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure would be a thing if AEW launched with a very (2000) WCW show!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wanna party with Conrad!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/1094807841037201408

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

free candice

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1094812697374453761

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

So people can see the pricing without having to click the tweet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The swerve is it's going to be Mike Goldberg which is arguably better than 2019 Bill Goldberg.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

TTBF posted:

So people can see the pricing without having to click the tweet.

I see they also realized they undercharged on the first show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I see they also realized they undercharged on the first show.

The pricing is still incredibly reasonable for a show that will sell out.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah, I wouldn't think twice about dropping $250 total on a ticket for a show that delivered already. I might regret it in 3 years when they're modern TNA levels of floundering but All-In is hot as poo poo and that isn't out of my price range if I'm looking for an experience like All-In. I'm in rural America and I'd pay that for front row tickets to PWG in a heartbeat.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

yeah a front row ticket is about half of what you'd pay at WK and well below what you'd expect to pay at a big WWE show.

What is a precautionary kill?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I didn't really mean it as a complaint. More just a comment on the fact that they did go up from All In which was really underpriced.

Precautionary kill appears to just be the seats blocked off for production equipment.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Man I bet the most expensive tickets will be the first to go, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah those ticket prices are really good. Makes Conrad charging people 1k look even worse.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Man I bet the most expensive tickets will be the first to go, too.

based off the NJPW San Francisco show where the expensive tickets went really quickly and the cheap seats didn't really move at all, probably.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah those ticket prices are really good. Makes Conrad charging people 1k look even worse.

Conrad charging anything over a buck fifty is too great a cost.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Conrad reminds me of Randy from Love on Netflix. Just so obtuse and clueless but excited about everything. Kind of like a baby, I guess.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there was a tweet here but i removed the tweet

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 11, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1094808293804048384

not that we really needed it, but here's official confirmation

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

shiksa posted:

lmao imagine paying a grand to hang out with that dude

He sat in front of me at Come Hell or High Water with his posse. He seemed to be having the least amount of fun at a show I think I’ve ever seen? He also got there late and left way early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roque11 posted:

Same, but opposite