Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Does the start of the expansion act any different if you're an inquistior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Clitch posted:

Speaking of Multiplayer, the x64 exe has been a lot more stable for me and the wife. I used to have to reset the game after a couple of zones, but we did most of Act 6 and lots of portal transitions without a single desync or CTD the other day.

It means no Grim Internals, though. That's a painful loss.

GrimInternals x64 is coming in a week according to the dev on the official forums. Thank Christ. Now that the expac has dropped, expect all the mods to update.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Saw Zantai reply on a stream to a question about component auto-pickup with "there's a mod for that". Don't get why they don't want to make it a feature. Lot of reasons why relying on a mod for that sort of functionality isn't ideal.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So I redid the OP. I put a lot of work into it. Feel free to review it and tell me if there's anything you'd like me to add or change.

Importantly, I did a deep dive into game mechanics, which were mostly missing from the OP. I didn't know all the answers, and the ones I'm not sure about I usually put a (?) or italicized. I'm guessing this info will help a lot of people, and hopefully there's people in this thread that can answer/verify the questions I'm not sure about. Also, I'd like to grow the section, so feel free to add or ask questions and I'll put them in there.

quote:

// FAQ & MECHANICS QUESTIONS

How do you dual wield pistols?
There are several items that you can equip that will give you the ability to dual wield pistols. By level 30, there's a good chance you'll get at least one of them. You can stack these items for lots of procs and funtimes when dual wielding too.

What's the benefits to dual-wielding?
Attacking with both weapons has a 50% chance of being used when a proc does not activate. The way it works is first it will check if the proc activates. If no proc, then another roll is made with a 25% chance to attack with the main hand weapon, or 25% chance to attack with the off-hand weapon, and a 50% chance to attack with both weapons. e.g. If you have a combined 80% chance to proc different Weapon Pool Skills (WPS, any class skill that procs from default attacks), you have essentially a 10% chance to attack with both weapons.

Explain default attack replacement and WPS skills
If a skill can replace your default attack, it will say in its tooltip description "replaces your default attack" or "when used as your default attack." You can also put that skill on your left click.

WPS are certain skills that have a % CoA to activate from default attacks, and will say in its tooltip description "can activate with all default weapon attacks."

If there is a skill that replaces your default attack (Righteous Fervor), any bonuses it normally applies to itself will also apply to the WPS it activates (?).The % CoA chance of each WPS skill may be normalized if you exceed 100% when combining all of your WPS skills together. e.g. WPSa 25% + WPSb 25% + WPSc 25% + WPSd 25% + WPSe 25% (125% combined), so you'd have a 20% chance to proc each one.

What's the deal with Attack Damage Converted to Health (life leech)?
If a skill in its tooltip description says "% Attack Damage Converted to Health" (which we'll call life leech) such as Drain Essence, Sigil of Consumption, etc., then that skill benefits entirely from that %. So if the skill's tooltip says "20% Attack Damage Converted to Health" and the skill ends up doing a combined 1000 damage total, then you gain 200 health back.

If you gain "% Attack Damage Converted to Health" from other sources (such as gear, potions, devotions, etc) that isn't in the skill's tooltip description, that only applies to the weapon damage dealt by the skill. e.g. A skill's tooltip may say +15% weapon damage and let's say you have 20% added life leech from gear. The skill ends up doing 53413 total damage, but only 100 of that 53413 damage comes from your weapon, so you end up gaining only 20 health back (20% of the weapon's damage dealt by the skill). This means if you use a skill that does not have any +% weapon damage listed in its tooltip (which is common among "spell" skills), added life leech from sources outside of the tooltip won't have an effect.

Why does my life leech barely work on bosses?
Bosses (monsters with purple nameplates) usually have significant life leech resistance. This doesn't mean you'll do less damage to the boss with skills that have life leech, but it does mean you'll leech less life back. So if you would normally gain 200 health from a regular monster, you may gain 50 health from doing the same damage to a boss. For life leech to be an effective sustain mechanism vs bosses, you either need a lot it and/or a way to reduce a boss's life leech resistance or all resistance (e.g. Manticore Devotion) which will reduce the boss' resistance to everything including life leech.

Why does my freeze/stun/etc (CC) not work on bosses?
It's a balance decision by the developers. Bosses have a ton of stun resistance, freeze resistance, etc. It's possible get powerful CCs to barely work on bosses by reducing a boss' all resistance. Note that resistance debuffs still work fully on bosses, so although your Flash Freeze won't freeze a boss, he'll still suffer from the -% resistance debuff it applies.

How can you tell if a skill's animation is affected by attack or casting speed, i.e. what skills are "attacks" vs. "spells"?
I don't know. I'll dig into this. Certain skills, like Forcewave in the Soldier's tree, actually scale off of casting speed when one would assume they're "attacks". If there's no easy way to tell, I hope Crate implements info in each tooltip if the skill is affected by cast or attack speed.

In terms of procs that have a % Chance on Attack (CoA) in their tooltip, what do these activate off of?
Basically, most everything is considered an "attack" for purposes of determining procs. DoT skills can activate procs each time they re-apply an effect in intervals (which I'll call a "tick"). Some DoTs seem to tick more than others; e.g. Grasping Vines in the Shaman tree is one of the best ticking skills in the game. Not just DoT skills, but skills that apply a debuff over a duration that re-applies itself in intervals is also considered "ticking" and can activate procs; Curse of Frailty in the Occultist tree is an example. Keep in mind that some debuffs only tick once on their initial application and do not re-apply during intervals, and you can figure out which ones do and which ones don't with some quick tests on dummies.

What does this mean? If you assign a Devotion proc with no internal cooldown (there's several, like Rend or Wendigo's Mark) to a skill like Grasping Vines, it will go off constantly and fill up the screen. Finding ways to exploit procs with no internal cooldown is incredibly powerful in this game.

Can procs activate from procs?
Yes. % CoA procs can activate from other % CoA procs, % Chance on Hit (CoH) procs, or % Chance on Block (CoB) procs, as long as what's activating the proc isn't a Devotion (is this correct?). So if you have a bunch of gear, each piece with its own % CoA or % CoH effect, you'll create a chain reaction of never-ending "attacks" or procs.

Remember that skill cooldowns often increase the chances of Devotion procs activateing
If you assign a Devotion % CoA proc to a skill that has a longer cooldown (e.g. War Cry), the duration of that cooldown usually increases % chance of the Devotion proc going off; some skills with cooldowns (usually AoE DoTs) are balanced not to do this, but you can check which ones are and which ones aren't by assigning a Devotion proc to a skill with a cooldown and then looking at your Devotion tree to see the new CoA percentage reflected there.

What does all this mean? If you can find an AoE DoT that ticks fast and has a cooldown that increases the % CoA for a Devotion proc, you're looking at one of the best skills in the game, even if its sheet DPS sucks rear end. It also means that some of the most powerful skills in this game are completely overlooked by the community.

Do attacks/skills that "shotgun" with multiple projectiles effectively increase the chances of procs activateing?
Yes. For example, if you have an attack that shoots 5 projectiles, and each one hits, that's 5 "rolls" to see if a proc will activate.

How and when are CoH and CoB procs handled?
When a monster attacks you, first a roll is made to see if it hits you, using the monster's Offensive Ability (OA) vs your Defensive Ability (DA). If it fails, the attack misses and you are not hit. If the attack hits you, CoH procs are rolled. Since the attack hit you, you have a chance to block (shield mechanics permitting). If you block, then CoB procs are rolled. i.e. If you block a hit, you are both hit and blocked and can activate both CoH and CoB procs.

However, if a monster misses you then you are not hit and therefore cannot block, which means you don't have a chance to activate any CoH or CoB procs. So, if you have a super high DA that can actually negatively affect your CoH and CoB procs.

How do I exploit shield/blocking mechanics?
If you can get your shield recovery to 100% or greater, that means you have no cooldown between blocks and you roll a chance to block on every "hit" that affects you ("spells", "attacks", all damage types, etc.). If your shield damage blocked is high (e.g. 4000) and you have a high block chance (e.g. 80%), that means whenever a "hit" of damage is applied to you, you have an 80% chance to reduce that damage by 4000. In other words, if you build focus shields, you can almost make you invincible. What shields don't work on is certain area targeted DoT effects, i.e. poo poo on the ground or certain AoE DoT spells. Sometimes it's difficult to tell which effects shields work on and which ones they won't.

How does scaling pets work?
It's noted in the tooltip of each pet if it scales from player or pet damage bonuses. Pets that scale with player damage also use the player's OA. It's unclear if pets that scale from player damage also use a player's attack/cast speed. It's unclear if pets that scale with player damage are also affected by other pet specific non-damage bonuses, such as bonuses to pet speed, pet health, energy etc. (?).

How do pets activateing procs work?
Pets can activate Devotion procs assigned to them. I don't think that pets can activate CoA or CoH procs from your character (that you get from gear, etc.). It's unclear if Devotion procs assigned to pets scale off the pet's damage bonuses or your damage bonuses. It's unclear if it makes a difference if a pet scaled from player damage is activateing a proc vs a pet scaled from pet damage (?).

How do damage bonuses work? Are there any sources of multiplicative damage in this game (PoE's equivalent to "more damage")?
Basically all damage bonuses are additive. Exceptions:
- Some skills (usually through a transmutation upgrade of the skill) have a "total -% damage" modifier for the skill which multiplicatively decrease the damage of the skill. There are also a few buff skills that when active vastly increase your defense but also incur a total -% damage effect to your character.
- Damage bonuses to certain types of monsters (e.g. Chthonic) are also multiplicative (?).
- Increasing your OA indirectly increases your damage by increasing your chance to crit, because crits do multiplicatively more damage. Note that there are diminishing returns for increasing your OA.
- Bonuses that increase your crit damage are effectively a multiplicative increase.
- Finally, the most common source of multiplicative damage are effects that reduce a monster's resistance. Some of these effects stack some of them don't.

How multiplicative math works
Let's say you attack for 100 base physical damage without bonuses. You have a combined +1000% physical player damage bonus from gear and devotions, making your 100 physical damage actually deal 1000 total physical damage after bonuses are applied. You're fighting Chthonic monsters. If you put in a component that gives +10% damage to Chthonic, it will increase your damage to 1100. If you put in a component that gives +90% physical damage (a big number, right?), that will only increase your damage to 1090.

Explain resistance reduction stacking
As it's your main source of multiplicative damage in GD, figuring out ways to reduce a monster's resistance is key to upping your damage.

What's a Nemesis boss and how do you spawn/kill them?
Negative reputation is primarily gained by killing yellow (or greater) monsters of that faction. When you reach max negative reputation with a faction you achieve nemesis rank with them. That means somewhere in the game world (faction spawns based off the host) a nemesis boss for the faction will spawn in place of a hero monster. So if you're nemesis rank with Undead, and wander across a spawn of skeletons that usually has a hero skeleton, there's a chance that hero skeleton will instead be the Undead nemesis boss. Nemesis bosses guard nearby glowy blue chests that have really awesome loot with a high chance of a legendary item. A good way to farm legendaries is to get in a group of 4 players (for the RiF bonus), split up, and search and kill nemesis bosses. Here's more info: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26148

In Deadman's Gultch, there's this long canyon filled with green aether poo poo that kills me. At the end of the canyon is a locked gate. What's the deal?
There is a small branching path to the north about half way through the green poo poo. Run toward there, and drink a heath potion at about 40% health. Wait in the safe spot for your potion to come off cooldown. Then run the rest of the way through the green poo poo, and drink your potion at about 40% health again. To unlock the gate, you need to achieve Honored reputation with Black Legion, which will unlock a quest in Act 4 for you to take.

How does trading between players work? Do items become soulbound (i.e. untradable)?
Equipment and consumables you buy from faction vendors, augments, and items you've applied components or augments to are soulbound and can't be traded. Some quest items (usually for collection quests) can't be traded either. Soulbound items can only be used by the character it's soulbound to, and if you were to stash the item, you could only stash it in the personal stash of that character -- not the shared stash portion that your other characters have access to. You can always remove components or augments via the alchemist which also removes the soulbound property.

Other than that, everything is tradable. This is one of the reasons why playing multiplayer is so lucrative. Loot is basically doubled for everyone and it's also instanced for everyone. So if you and your buddy have characters that are looking for different loot, you can give him your drops and he can give you his. That's like 4x loot when you're playing with a buddy. In terms of actually trading items, you can drop items on the ground or do a secure trade with another player.

Do area targeted AoE DoT effects/spells stack?
Yes, I'm pretty sure most of them do. For example, multiple Devastation casts will stack/overlap on an area. This can make stuff like Sigil of Consumption and Grasping Vines very powerful (?). More AoE DoT dominance.

What's the trick to launch GD in 32-bit vs 64-bit?
Added "/x64" command line option. When added to the game shortcut, forces the 64 bit version to launch.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 28, 2019

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rinkles posted:

Reign of Terror, Diablo 2 recreation.

Kinda what I thought, no problems with it on my end.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Had my first-ever GD crash just now, with about 180 hours game time. Nonetheless, being Captain Americairn owns real hard, just throwing shields around, bouncing them right off everyone's domes, good times.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m sure everyone’s having a great time playing the expansion but no one’s talking about how YOU CAN DUAL WIELD SHIELDS

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mover posted:

I’m sure everyone’s having a great time playing the expansion but no one’s talking about how YOU CAN DUAL WIELD SHIELDS

Wait holy gently caress is this true?! :aaaaa:

GOTY

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Rinkles posted:

Saw Zantai reply on a stream to a question about component auto-pickup with "there's a mod for that". Don't get why they don't want to make it a feature. Lot of reasons why relying on a mod for that sort of functionality isn't ideal.

Zantai is unfortunately a giant turd towards anyone who suggests the game is less than perfection

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Wait holy gently caress is this true?! :aaaaa:

GOTY

I'm pretty sure he/she is just referring to a new legendary mace named as a shield as a joke

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It’s an actual shield model and you can transmog it onto any one handed weapon as well

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mover posted:

It’s an actual shield model and you can transmog it onto any one handed weapon as well

Good enough for me!!

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
Oh finally, they put in an npc that allows you to move iron bits between characters. His name is Garrus and he's in that cluster of npc's next to the first rift gate in the expansion area, next to the stash npc.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Aegis of menir kind of sucks. The cooldown is unbearable at lower levels and waiting till super end game to make it fun is lame.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Judgment is insanely strong, much like EoR. Pulling in all non-boss monsters on the screen with a skill that can go as low as 1.2 second cooldown with easy to obtain items is pretty wild

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Grim Dawn: I camed and farded and Shattered my Realm

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Grim Dawn: I use to be a god at going Ash to Malmouth, but I forgot. Now I'm just a spinner.

A++++++++, this gets my vote

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Looks like the mods changed the title. We'll change it again soon. Sexual weirdo puns appreciated.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dootman posted:

Oh finally, they put in an npc that allows you to move iron bits between characters. His name is Garrus and he's in that cluster of npc's next to the first rift gate in the expansion area, next to the stash npc.

How long does it take to get to the new expansions area? Just kill the Warden?

Also what really goes Oathkeeper? Demo or Occult?

Kludge
Mar 25, 2016
I reinstalled this game and want to make a vitality lifesteal caster, but I'm having trouble deciding on which combination of necromancer, shaman, and occultist to choose from. They all have such great skills that it's hard to decide on what to give up. Any suggestions?

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

BexGu posted:

How long does it take to get to the new expansions area? Just kill the Warden?

Also what really goes Oathkeeper? Demo or Occult?

Both go super well.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I said come in! posted:

Is there a Save Editor that lets you set which portals/way points are available to you?
GD Defiler lets you do that, along with letting you change how much cash you have, how many devotion points you have free/access to, and what your masteries are. It's very nice and doesn't require anything else installed.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

So we're getting some new players. At least one person asked for a newbie build.

I would say that this is probably the strongest newbie SSF build in the game: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR0RdP2

The only gear requirement is that you will eventually want to equip a caster-off hand once you get the Latern devotion. Other than that, just focus on getting gear to keep your resistances high/capped, health, DA, OA. On Veteran (especially) and Elite, high armor values should also be prioritized in the chest, legs and belt. Don't worry about gearing for damage. Don't be afraid to equip a yellow or green piece of gear if it gives you the resistances, armour, etc. you need.

Also get the ectoplasm component (which is easy to get and you can get early) and put enough of them in your accessories so it solves your mana problems.

It doesn't use the new oathkeeper class, but it's a good introduction to the game and showcases how to make a powerful character.

In terms of skill and devotion milestones (how it looks at level 25, 50, etc.), I'll post those later when I have time.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 28, 2019

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dr_Gee posted:

Both go super well.

Almost TOO well. Basically I've used those two masteries for almost everything and I was wondering if there was any additional variety I could make work with OathKeeper.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Frustrated posted:

Aegis of menir kind of sucks. The cooldown is unbearable at lower levels and waiting till super end game to make it fun is lame.

That's why I did Firestrike and Aegis on my Shieldbreaker. Aegis mat be due a buff, but for now it's not worth making your primary skill without a big gear bonus.

Mover posted:

I found that mace right away, and I had a double LOL for the DW Shields reference and being a lefty.

Dahbadu posted:

How can you tell if a skill's animation is affected by attack or casting speed, i.e. what skills are "attacks" vs. "spells"? 
I don't know. I'll dig into this. Certain skills, like Forcewave in the Soldier's tree, actually scale off of casting speed when one would assume they're "attacks". If there's no easy way to tell, I hope Crate implements info in each tooltip if the skill is affected by cast or attack speed. 

The best way it was described to me is if it's physical weapon contact, it's Attack Speed. If it's not, it's Casting Speed. So Cadence is weapon strikes and Attack Speed. Forcewave is a weapon swing, but it's the wave causing damage, so it's Casting Speed. I'm pretty sure Bone Harvest works the same way. Ranged weapon projectiles should work off of Attack Speed too.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Kludge posted:

I reinstalled this game and want to make a vitality lifesteal caster, but I'm having trouble deciding on which combination of necromancer, shaman, and occultist to choose from. They all have such great skills that it's hard to decide on what to give up. Any suggestions?

I've done both Necro/Occultist and Occultist/Shaman, gone further with the first one. It is a super powerful build, with sufficient energy regen the necro Drain Essence ability is powerful and a sustain tool by itself. Combine that with the necro curse ability (I don't recall the name off the top of my head) and Curse of Frailty from occultist to proc devotions and you can have crowds of monsters both running away from you and dying to devotion procs. I have those skills bound to mouse wheel up and down so a quick flick casts them on everything. That approach will clear out any trash, and you nuke down harder targets with your other skills. It's a fun way to play.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Clitch posted:

The best way it was described to me is if it's physical weapon contact, it's Attack Speed. If it's not, it's Casting Speed. So Cadence is weapon strikes and Attack Speed. Forcewave is a weapon swing, but it's the wave causing damage, so it's Casting Speed. I'm pretty sure Bone Harvest works the same way. Ranged weapon projectiles should work off of Attack Speed too.

<3

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Started a new dude last night, did normal campaign to 3 to pick up green starter weapons, crucible to 14?/5 devos, popped the ultimate token and went straight to new campaign on ultimate. I’m 48 or so now beelining to burrwitch & turning in quests with exp gear. Leveled using a mix of righteous fury/aegis and then swapped to eye. Going paladin ultimately, my gearing/scaling is kinda all over the place for the time being though.

Hasn’t been too bad overall, groups of bosses (aka the combat devo shrines) were definitely a challenge, just threw on perdition set which seems kinda nuts for oathkeeper now.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So I thought I read that you can start the game on Ultimate now, so is there any reason really to use the Goon starter characters? Thinking about getting the expansion tonight.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 29, 2019

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Used a sacrifical altar in the new content at level 24.

Whooooops

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

is there a new class? I missed the lecture

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Dahbadu posted:

So we're getting some new players. At least one person asked for a newbie build.

I would say that this is probably the strongest newbie SSF build in the game: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR0RdP2

The only gear requirement is that you will eventually want to equip a caster-off hand once you get the Latern devotion. Other than that, just focus on getting gear to keep your resistances high/capped, health, DA, OA. On Veteran (especially) and Elite, high armor values should also be prioritized in the chest, legs and belt. Don't worry about gearing for damage. Don't be afraid to equip a yellow or green piece of gear if it gives you the resistances, armour, etc. you need.

Also get the ectoplasm component (which is easy to get and you can get early) and put enough of them in your accessories so it solves your mana problems.

It doesn't use the new oathkeeper class, but it's a good introduction to the game and showcases how to make a powerful character.

In terms of skill and devotion milestones (how it looks at level 25, 50, etc.), I'll post those later when I have time.

this would be fantastic.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Can someone tell me where to buy the tokens to up difficulties on alts? I feel stupid. Do you have to complete the DLC?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Meridian posted:

Can someone tell me where to buy the tokens to up difficulties on alts? I feel stupid. Do you have to complete the DLC?

They’re literally at the vendor in the first town of FG

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hauki posted:

Ah, haven't gone there yet. Thank you!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I stopped theorycrafting EoR builds for three seconds and came up with what I think is a pretty strong fire-damage Templar:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aKw8kZ

It's heavily burst-damage based, but basically, you sit at 3600 offensive ability with Ascension up and a pretty wild +113% crit damage to go with it.

Gameplay would be something like-> Vire's Might in -> Pull in all mobs with a gigantic Judgment -> Freeze with Olexra's to reduce fire resist on non-bosses -> Blow them to hell with modified Callidor's -> Clean up with a second Judgment (it has 1.5 second cooldown in this build and a crazy 18 meter target area) --- all the while your 2000 fire damage procs blow everything up

The Mash fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 29, 2019

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Quoting your most recent post to give you the highlight -- you should add to the beginner's guide that Inquisitors get the option of dual wielded pistols after one point in the mastery, as well as Nightblades getting dual wielded melee in the same way.

xutech posted:

is there a new class? I missed the lecture

Yes. It's called Eye of Reckoning and it's wonderful. It only has one skill, also named Eye of Reckoning for some reason, but it is still the best class in the game.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Hauki posted:

(and you have to be in Ultimate mode)

Movement thoughts: Vire's is neat, but the pathfinding seems iffier than other skills. Maybe to stop the firetrail being too crazy? I miss my riftstones. It feels ~extremely weird~ that the rift jump just pops you over next to the groble and you're like 'hello'.

e: Ultimate from level 1 to finally killing Viloth under the prison took me to level 30.

Chubby Henparty fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

The Mash posted:

Quoting your most recent post to give you the highlight -- you should add to the beginner's guide that Inquisitors get the option of dual wielded pistols after one point in the mastery, as well as Nightblades getting dual wielded melee in the same way.

<3 This is helpful. Thanks!

Also, if someone wants to see a build of theirs added to the OP, please post it and say "Hey Dahbadu, add this!" Ideally, it should have grimtool links for multiple milestones (at level 25, 50, 75) to help newbies figure out where to put points while leveling up. Also some notes about how it plays, how you should gear it while leveling, etc.