Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is Katran mixed up in all this Gehn poo poo

Should she be beheaded too just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Actually! We are postponing this as there are more pressing issues. I apologize for getting hopes up!

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

curiousCat posted:

Why did you dive in there you goddamn IDIOT?

I had to know the truth.

There is so much more that we dont know.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

50 pounds of bread posted:

I had to know the truth.

No poo poo, idiot. I could've told you that. But you just fuckin... threw yourself in there like a goddamned maniac.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

No poo poo, idiot. I could've told you that. But you just fuckin... threw yourself in there like a goddamned maniac.

Finally someone speaking my language around here

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kashuno posted:

Is Katran mixed up in all this Gehn poo poo

Should she be beheaded too just curious

No.

You’re with Chell, it seems; until I get there, wherever “there” is, please try to keep her safe? Her tone is...it’s scaring me in a similar way as Saya’s did after we learned she was wrong. I think that’ll mean more to her than you, but she can hear this, so that was partially to her.

I had to know the truth.

Why did you throw yourself in? Where did you...Everdunes?! Borrowed from the stars?

I know I linked near-immediately after Chell, so your trust in my desire to help may be shaky, but why leap into the fissure, and not into Sa? What happened to you?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Count me in to the "Indroj why the hell did you jump into the fissure" crew.

Catherine...did she come to Sa? Is she here? Why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

No.

You’re with Chell, it seems; until I get there, wherever “there” is, please try to keep her safe? Her tone is...it’s scaring me in a similar way as Saya’s did after we learned she was wrong. I think that’ll mean more to her than you, but she can hear this, so that was partially to her.

Why did you throw yourself in? Where did you...Everdunes?! Borrowed from the stars?

I know I linked near-immediately after Chell, so your trust in my desire to help may be shaky, but why leap into the fissure, and not into Sa? What happened to you?

Oh okay great finally someone mentions someone who isn’t super terrible, FINALLY.

Chelly will, in time, be fine I think! And don’t worry she won’t be left alone while I’m here, much to her begrudging happiness I’m sure

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

This is, to be fair, half accurate - she is his daughter-in-law and to put it lightly was involved in his affairs. I agree neither should be beheaded - not to speak for Him, but I suspect he'd be just fine never seeing her again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scholar Xavier

Komp-Nikints of Clan Ivo, are you on this frequency?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

This is, to be fair, half accurate - she is his daughter-in-law and to put it lightly was involved in his affairs. I agree neither should be beheaded - not to speak for Him, but I suspect he'd be just fine never seeing her again.

I don’t particularly care what he wants since he apparently is pretty hosed up

What’s his deal anyway if he’s so far into hiding you can at least tell me that much

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

GeneX posted:

No.

Learning about the art shook me. I realized that the descriptive books lock us into fates written by fallible people. They destroy worlds, and shackle inhabitants to sinking ships.

But the stars offer something different. Freedom, and by learning to travel the stars, we can unchain ourselves from these fates, and write our own stories.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

I don’t particularly care what he wants since he apparently is pretty hosed up

What’s his deal anyway if he’s so far into hiding you can at least tell me that much

I'm not entirely sure if "Steward of the Cartographer's Guild" could be considered "hiding," but perhaps you missed that particular press release. I take it from your tone that you've probably been talking to some of the more zealous opponents of his from our former Age, so it may behoove you to consider that you're getting a slanted image of who he is. I am happy to answer any and all of your questions, though it may be better suited to an in-person conversation.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Poque posted:

Scholar Xavier

Komp-Nikints of Clan Ivo, are you on this frequency?

Yes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

I'm not entirely sure if "Steward of the Cartographer's Guild" could be considered "hiding," but perhaps you missed that particular press release. I take it from your tone that you've probably been talking to some of the more zealous opponents of his from our former Age, so it may behoove you to consider that you're getting a slanted image of who he is. I am happy to answer any and all of your questions, though it may be better suited to an in-person conversation.

Listen Carrot I’ve heard you’re a decent person so maybe I will give you the Benefit of the doubt here. Dunno about meeting up some people seem p r e e e e e t y mad at you

And hold up if Gehn is literally just in plain sight what is this all about

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

Wait Gehn is just like, there, in the cartographer's guild?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

Listen Carrot I’ve heard you’re a decent person so maybe I will give you the Benefit of the doubt here. Dunno about meeting up some people seem p r e e e e e t y mad at you

And hold up if Gehn is literally just in plain sight what is this all about

Unfortunately I've already seen that some are unable to leave past grievances where they belong - I hope they are able to get past their blind hatreds soon enough. As to your second point - I can't really say. You were the one who opened this conversation by calling for the death of the second-in-command of a major guild!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Not to answer for her, but she saved me from my cell in the underground. If I'm not mistaken, the place was called "Everdunes".

Yes - we helped each other, really. Everdunes it was.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

KhediveRex posted:

Carnelian Gutxi

What questions do you have about Dweller culture? It is refreshing to meet a stranger with any interest at all in our conquered people. I can answer any questions you'd like resolved.

I have a great many questions, but I also do not know where to start. As I stated, I'm mostly looking into matters of theology, so perhaps your creation story would be a place to start. Though, actually, hm. From what I understand, your people do not like to dwell on the past? In that case, it might be more prudent for me to ask how the divine intercedes in your life in the living now?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Chic Trombone posted:

Yes - we helped each other, really. Everdunes it was.

Interesting - was he....this way...when you found him? Were you there together for some time, or was it a brief relationship?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

What is, 'behoove?'

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

Unfortunately I've already seen that some are unable to leave past grievances where they belong - I hope they are able to get past their blind hatreds soon enough. As to your second point - I can't really say. You were the one who opened this conversation by calling for the death of the second-in-command of a major guild!

What the hell some idiot chained me to a bed a few weeks ago to find out where he is and he has just been here living his best life.

WHY DO ALL YOU PEOPLE HUNTING HIM SUCK IT HAS BEEN WEEKS AND GUILD MEMBERSHIP IS PUBLIC

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

Is that like 'behave,' but like an rear end?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

What the hell some idiot chained me to a bed a few weeks ago to find out where he is and he has just been here living his best life.

WHY DO ALL YOU PEOPLE HUNTING HIM SUCK IT HAS BEEN WEEKS AND GUILD MEMBERSHIP IS PUBLIC

Who, um, so imprisoned you?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

The same reason the rest of the Rive'ni and Rivenese showed up: the Chochtic invaded and captured or killed everyone.

I think. I wasn't there, and I don't know.

Additionally: Keraf, if you show up, I'll try to keep you safe, at least long enough for everyone to talk. I, um, owe you for a...for a mistake I made.

Kashuno posted:

Chelly will, in time, be fine I think! And don't worry she won't be left alone while I'm here, much to her begrudging happiness I'm sure

Alright. Thank you for that.

You're by muscle row, right? Unless you both plan to leave, I'll get there tomorrow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

Who, um, so imprisoned you?

Not too sure. Not my first time being cuffed to a bed of you get my drift but the only person who came in was some Chobani

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

The same reason the rest of the Rive'ni and Rivenese showed up: the Chochtic invaded and captured or killed everyone.

I think. I wasn't there, and I don't know.

Additionally: Keraf, if you show up, I'll try to keep you safe, at least long enough for everyone to talk. I, um, owe you for a...for a mistake I made.

Alright. Thank you for that.

You're by muscle row, right? Unless you both plan to leave, I'll get there tomorrow.

Hmm I think we are on the move but not quite sure yet. I’ll keep you posted

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Hmm I think we are on the move but not quite sure yet. I’ll keep you posted

Thank you. :h:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Thank you. :h:

Muah

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

Appreciated. You appear to have many questions, and I will offer what I can when next we meet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hey Carrot. Was Gehn trying to flee or something? I got the impression he’s like on the run

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Well, it seems like there is definitely a lot history around this Gehn! While I can certainly appreciate a search for justice, I would also recommend that people consider the wider political situation before pursuing the kinds of conflicts that would draw the attention and ire of our current occupiers.

Oh, I probably should be including my name with these things. I am Speaker Len, of the Shirnao.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Well, it seems like there is definitely a lot history around this Gehn! While I can certainly appreciate a search for justice, I would also recommend that people consider the wider political situation before pursuing the kinds of conflicts that would draw the attention and ire of our current occupiers.

Oh, I probably should be including my name with these things. I am Speaker Len, of the Shirnao.

Politics bad

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

Hey Carrot. Was Gehn trying to flee or something? I got the impression he’s like on the run

I'm quite sure your form of address is part of your delightful pit fighter persona but I may as well offer for the benefit of any others listening, as Speaker Len has so helpfully done, that it is Kerath.

Anyway, no, I would not say "on the run," given that people on the run usually do not assume public positions of import. Excited to get off Riven, no doubt, as would you if you had lived there all your life. From personal experience, I cannot recommend.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Politics bad

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao

Don't get me wrong, I would rather that we didn't have to deal with these particular realities, but it does not make them any less real. In the current environment, one's actions may have larger and wider consequences than intended, thus making it wiser to spend more time considering them.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

sniper4625 posted:

I'm quite sure your form of address is part of your delightful pit fighter persona but I may as well offer for the benefit of any others listening, as Speaker Len has so helpfully done, that it is Kerath.

Anyway, no, I would not say "on the run," given that people on the run usually do not assume public positions of import. Excited to get off Riven, no doubt, as would you if you had lived there all your life. From personal experience, I cannot recommend.

Oh, I'm interested in the reason for the name change. Worth discussing if and when we meet, I think?

I'm Emi Archer, also formerly of Riven, and can heartily, heartily second Kerath's words.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Meinberg posted:

Speaker Len, of the Shirnao

Don't get me wrong, I would rather that we didn't have to deal with these particular realities, but it does not make them any less real. In the current environment, one's actions may have larger and wider consequences than intended, thus making it wiser to spend more time considering them.

Wise words of caution, Speaker Len. (Is the full name the preferred means of address? Speaker? Len? So much to learn.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

GeneX posted:

Oh, I'm interested in the reason for the name change. Worth discussing if and when we meet, I think?

I'm Emi Archer, also formerly of Riven, and can heartily, heartily second Kerath's words.

I would be happy to explain as one of many topics I feel may be on the agenda.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’ve heard you’re a good fighter Carreth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

I’ve heard you’re a good fighter Carreth

If by good you mean "easy to beat in combat" then yes he's quite good.