Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This was pretty cool

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/1226635623861276672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone point to me the exact rule that says you can't have 4 teammates pick up a guy and fling him up for a dunk

Would that count as a 3?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This man has no regard for his own safety. That's good poo poo

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 10, 2020

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Andre Igoudala will have an opportunity to beat the Warriors tonight.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jae Crowder had a good game, watch him end up being way more valuable than iggy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Chairchucker posted:

Would that count as a 3?

Yup

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

THE CHUMP rear end GORILLA AIN'T poo poo

WHERE ARE YOU BENNY, COME GET THESE *googles* BEAR? NUTS ON YOUR FOREHEAD

It’s the BYU cougar! Mormons out here wilding

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/C4DUNK/status/1226853758317088769

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
:thunk:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gonna bet there's a 90 lb lady under that suit. If you've ever seen a cheer competition, they can get tossed real far

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

WhyteRyce posted:

Surprised that Tyler Johnson fell off a cliff, wouldn't think his game would do that

i always liked him in miami, what happen??

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

i always liked him in miami, what happen??

I don't know if he got hurt a while ago or something but he's just been pretty lovely at shooting over his last couple of seasons

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Michael Scotto @ Bleacher Report
Despite failing to acquire Gallinari at the deadline, Miami remains a potential destination for the Italian sharpshooter in free agency because the Heat created additional cap space by moving Johnson, Justise Winslow and Dion Waiters.

This is a bit strange since they said at the time the trade failed because Gallo wouldn't sign an extension

Michael Scotto @ Bleacher Report
The active phone conversations for Indiana could be a sign of what’s to come this summer. Rival executives believe the Pacers will eventually break up their big man trio of All-Star Domantas Sabonis, Myles Turner and rookie Goga Bitadze. Turner is the name most rival executives believe will be traded, and the Cavaliers were among the teams who called to do due diligence on his availability before they landed Andre Drummond from Detroit, according to league sources.

?? Who knows

Rachel Nichols: Rich Paul has told ESPN that @RealTristan13 isn’t interested in taking a buyout from the Cavaliers; @PaulPierce34 pitches him otherwise on behalf of Celtics nation.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TT already Has a ring so tough to see what his motivation would be

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone point to me the exact rule that says you can't have 4 teammates pick up a guy and fling him up for a dunk
This issue came up a few years ago when someone (Dejan???) brought up the issue of using other players as a springboard.

quote:

Section XIII-Illegal Assist in Scoring
a. A player may not assist himself to score by using the basket ring or back-board to lift, hold or raise himself.
b. A player may not assist a teammate to gain height while attempting to score.
PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the free throw line extended.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
those are stupid rules

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

This issue came up a few years ago when someone (Dejan???) brought up the issue of using other players as a springboard.

I believe that’s overruled by the rule of cool.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s the BYU cougar! Mormons out here wilding

Oh ok, that makes sense. If I abstained from everything and subsisted on caffeine free soda with extra sugar added I could jump/throw like that too.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Assuming Gallinari wasn't demanding something crazy like the max, the Heat should have gone all-in and traded for him even if it would have messed with their 2021 cap space.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1226889809886662656?s=19

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Riley is really confident he'll easily get a better player than Galinari in 2021, is why

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Are we sure the official spirit of the NBA isn't Kobe?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

what the

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Are we sure the official spirit of the NBA isn't Kobe?

lol

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

bornbytheriver fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 10, 2020

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Come back to Boston IT. You can have Romeo Langford's minutes.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

was anybody unaware of this besides warriors management

Tae posted:

Riley is really confident he'll easily get a better player than Galinari in 2021, is why

i mean gallo would fit into their lineup really well and it’s not a guarantee that butler won’t decline before 2021

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Come back to Boston IT. You can have Romeo Langford's minutes.

What the, no, no no no

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Romeo was free points yesterday but Thomas is straight up 5 v 4

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Team USA invite list includes JaVale and a Plumlee but not Zion and I am HEATED

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MourningView posted:

The Team USA invite list includes JaVale and a Plumlee but not Zion and I am HEATED

Do you think they ask agents before making a public invite? Zion probably doesn't need the mileage at this point in his career giving Tokyo the Kaiju Dunk.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cool Buff Man posted:

What the, no, no no no

Yeah I know...

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The racist cop is suing Masai and in the lawsuit it says the team should've notified the cop of "Masai's violent tendencies"

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapt...ampionship.html

BWV fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 10, 2020

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!

Bip Roberts posted:

So hachimura is back, is he playing on or off ball?

Was catching up on the thread - this needs more love.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

BWV posted:

The racist cop is suing Masai and in the lawsuit it says the team should've notified the cop of "Masai's violent tendencies"

That's nothing. The NYC cop union declared war on the mayor and accused George Soros of treason.

Yech.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yeah I know...

I do appreciate the dedication. I don't want him anywhere near a team I like though, he still plays like he thinks he has a lot left but I don't think he has a lot left. Godspeed Isaiah

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bornbytheriver posted:

Andre Igoudala will have an opportunity to beat the Warriors tonight.

He beat the Warriors a couple times in the Finals last year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I did not read the article because I don't want reality to ruin this https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1226947505478348801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

BWV posted:

AMP link for non paywall: https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/...ampionship.html

what a little baby idiot. I guess the long delay is because it took him a while to find a lawyer that would represent him cause his case is a loving joke.