Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BWV posted:

Lebron uses hashtags like my aunt.

Catty Wine Aunt LeBron is the best LeBron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Tbh me picking Piss Christ was a copout cause it's a photo.

Shoulda done Dogs Playing Poker.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I really appreciate Lebron sincerely posting on twitter in the same cadence I would post on this website, when I'm making a joke. Literally the ball(⚾️) is in your court(or should I say field). He was also correct about hong kong

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's going to be a truly elite poster once he's retired and has more time to devote to it, I can't wait

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ah, Reggie was an Aaron Mintz client. Yeah they weren't signing him. They made the right move to spend the day tampering with Giannis instead.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Chairchucker posted:

I think I probs picked the one with the dogs playing poker. I don't really have strong art opinions but animals doing non animal things is cool and fun.

CRISPYBABY posted:

There are so many to choose from. Cassius Marcellus Coolidge painted dogs reading the mail, testifying in court, playing poker, ballroom dancing, watching baseball, a masonic initiation, camping etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_Playing_Poker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last good moment in human history

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

Tbh me picking Piss Christ was a copout cause it's a photo.

I thought I picked Piss Christ.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

Ah, Reggie was an Aaron Mintz client. Yeah they weren't signing him. They made the right move to spend the day tampering with Giannis instead.

lebron needs to expand his shadow agency to include more glue guys and bench gunners

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I enjoyed reading the wiki on Piss Christ. Whoever did pick it, I would say it was not a cop out. Although the artist thinking it would not be controversial? lol

Zogo posted:

Sadak in Search of the Waters of Oblivion (1812) was my selection.

I read the wiki on this piece after looking at it and found an appreciation for Promethian Romanticism, which is a sentence I never thought I would type. NBA thread, making learned doctors of us all.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Reggie is also good friends with pg13

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron needs to expand his shadow agency to include more glue guys and bench gunners

He put all those skill points into elevating Caruso this year.

But seriously the Lakers have two good shooters on the bench, they just never play them )=

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Won’t Reggie Jackson hurt the Clippers more than help just by getting minutes?

Meanwhile, DWade is down with cheating if it helps him or an ex teammate.

Niwrad posted:

Remember when they gave Boylen an extension for no reason at all?

This post made me lol.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Boylen probably got an extension because he cost like pennies relative for a coach

the fact that they refuse to walk away from that cheap contract is the real problem

A coach that literally refused to call a timeout for his player that was limping so badly that the opposing coach had to call one

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vinestalk posted:

I enjoyed reading the wiki on Piss Christ. Whoever did pick it, I would say it was not a cop out. Although the artist thinking it would not be controversial? lol

I just like how stupid it is and it's fun to say "piss christ"

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

I thought I picked Piss Christ.

You picked Essence of Freedom (2017).

Vinestalk posted:

I read the wiki on this piece after looking at it and found an appreciation for Promethian Romanticism, which is a sentence I never thought I would type. NBA thread, making learned doctors of us all.

I have this book and it has a lot of great stuff in it that no one picked in the poll:
https://www.phaidon.com/store/art/the-art-book-9780714867960/

e.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_after_Vel%C3%A1zquez%27s_Portrait_of_Pope_Innocent_X

And a lot more by John Martin.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zogo posted:

You picked Essence of Freedom (2017).

I have this book and it has a lot of great stuff in it that no one picked in the poll:
https://www.phaidon.com/store/art/the-art-book-9780714867960/

e.g.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Study_after_Vel%C3%A1zquez%27s_Portrait_of_Pope_Innocent_X

And a lot more by John Martin.

Ah, the Bell Witch album cover

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's Brandon Knight's time to shine.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
How the hell is Brandon Knight only 28 years old?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dokmo posted:

How the hell is Brandon Knight only 28 years old?

really good suns medical staff

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

LeBron must be coming down with early onset dementia if he's forgetting the two straight years that he and Wade flopped like fish.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

LeBron must be coming down with early onset dementia if he's forgetting the two straight years that he and Wade flopped like fish.

Well I don't think those things are comparable at all redgrendel! You scoundrel

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

ah yes those are definitely the same thing

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1229926097938194434?s=21

“Deterioration of the shoulder” sounds bad

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

listen man it's called deterioration of the soul and it's all about just letting go and being free and just being present. You gotta break yourself down to build yourself up. Because at the end of the day, really, we are just a bunch of particles floating around in the endlessness of space.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
drat we really aren't going to get a season of kyrie and kd

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Metapod posted:

drat we really aren't going to get a season of kyrie and kd

Yeah, it was one of the things I was looking forward next season, beautiful basketball or hilarious Trainwreck.this is just kinda sad.

Ky & KD sounds like a CBS detective show, need a better nickname.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Yeah, it was one of the things I was looking forward next season, beautiful basketball or hilarious Trainwreck.this is just kinda sad.

Ky & KD sounds like a CBS detective show, need a better nickname.

Ky & KD: Ghost Detectives

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Nets are probably gonna be an unhappy franchise for a while

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That Sadak painting is beautiful and I love it, thank you Zogo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

That Sadak painting is beautiful and I love it, thank you Zogo

It's really good. Someone post them all I want to look at all the beautiful artworks.

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1229940440239091712

hell YES

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thibodeau reportedly "cannot wait to hoarsely scream at kevin knox for years on end"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1229963300487733249?s=21

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
jb bickerstaff ends up in a head coaching position again, baffling. i guess working for coaches likely to be fired is a good strategy to become head coach though.

are we sure thibodeau is still even alive, has anyone seen him on video?? or has he become some kind of undead nightmare that watches game tape 24/7 and plots his revenge on the living who betrayed him

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

just give the job to Lindsay Gottlieb she's cool and good imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was just thinking to myself how much worse the NBA is without Thibs in it

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

imagine if you will, a game between coaching juggernauts Thom Thibodeau and Jimothy Boylen, just picture in your head the poses they'd both be pulling on the sidelines

just, perfect

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Looking forward to Thibs screaming 'You stupid motherfucker' at a hapless Knicks player.

anakha fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 19, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls fans will finally get their dream of seeing bobby portis coached by thibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
You cannot keep Taj and Thibs apart, do not try.