Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Zogo posted:

These are the selections that stuck out to me at the moment:

Christina's World (1948)

i love wyeth and own a couple of coffee table books of his art i bought at a used bookstore a long time ago

i really like raven’s grove a lot but most of his landscapes are really nice to just sort of look at; i used to turn my nose up at a lot of regionalism but as i’ve gotten older i can just sort of appreciate pretty things for being pretty things

chunkles posted:

jb bickerstaff ends up in a head coaching position again, baffling. i guess working for coaches likely to be fired is a good strategy to become head coach though.

are we sure thibodeau is still even alive, has anyone seen him on video?? or has he become some kind of undead nightmare that watches game tape 24/7 and plots his revenge on the living who betrayed him

pj carlesimo didn’t get scooped up after his real successful nets stint which surprised me at the time; he’s too old now and mostly retired but i would’ve thought someone would kick the tires on ole peej

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
thibs has been reportedly helping the warriors onboard wiggins or whatever

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
thibs is gonna get all his old players paid massive amounts of money, and i honestly can't think of a nobler use for jim dolan's money than that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Thibs has flaws, but I will fight every Riley Cooper in this bitch if people compare him to Boylen.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Did TNT ever use that Redditor's analysis of Chuck's failings in San Antonio?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Thibs has flaws, but I will fight every Riley Cooper in this bitch if people compare him to Boylen.

Boylen is to Thibs what Stephen Curry is to Stephen Nash

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Boylen is to Thibs what Stephen Curry is to Stephen Nash

A system coach?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jim boylen is a buffoon but thomas thibs is a true monomaniac

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

while you were installing punch clocks i was studying the weakside help defense

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

How much money is he turning down here?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bip Roberts posted:

How much money is he turning down here?

12 million

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

Won’t Reggie Jackson hurt the Clippers more than help just by getting minutes?

The Reggie hate on the internet is pretty memey, he's overall fine when healthy and the Clippers have Pat Bev who is one of the most injury prone dudes in the league so some insurance can't hurt.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Metapod posted:

drat we really aren't going to get a season of kyrie and kd

I assume this is a way to take most of the year off and save himself for when KD returns, no? This season was always going to be a punt anyway

Cool Buff Man posted:

Nets are probably gonna be an unhappy franchise for a while

Either way, this is true

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well I don't think those things are comparable at all redgrendel! You scoundrel

Actually they're extremely comparable and I'm going to do so now:

sign stealing in the manners the Astros did is illegal and flopping is not

Dexo posted:

I'm going to compare those two as well:

Thibs is a much better coach than Boylen

I'll compare whatever I want I'm out of control

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chairchucker posted:

Actually they're extremely comparable and I'm going to do so now:

sign stealing in the manners the Astros did is illegal and flopping is not

I'm going to compare those two as well:

Thibs is a much better coach than Boylen

I'll compare whatever I want I'm out of control

Flopping is illegal and you get penalized harsher than the Astros players did if you get caught!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

flopping has not occurred since the nba successfully fixed it with punitive fines five years ago. find a new slant.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

It's really good. Someone post them all I want to look at all the beautiful artworks.

Complete album:
https://imgur.com/a/Wv58X0m

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Bless you for this.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

:prepop: this a classy rear end forum right here

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The Rockets have picked up Jeff Green and DeMarre Carroll, so watch out.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
I had not seen Cafe Terrace at Night before, somehow. I really appreciate its use of color.

Woman Riding Crustacean is also neat.

My own choice was Elbe Bridge III by Rolf Nesch. I like the weird little place where art and technology meet, and that's Nesch in a nutshell.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is awesome.
I'm partial to the German expressionist stuff (I picked The Yellow Cow)but I'm loving so much of the earlier stuff, especially the more romantic ones, posted. The Melancholy of Departure and Christina's World are also two more modern ones I've never come across that are amazing.

I feel like going through this is a journey through our individual and collective unconsciousness. I felt like I was traveling through our own shared memory palace which is why I was so amazed when after passing through the corridors and smaller rooms of Dutch and Spanish masters I arrived at a giant alter a found "The Block" hanging above as the centre piece that binds us all together. Bravo.

BWV fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 19, 2020

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Basketball

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
here's our favourite 6'10" player shooting 3s in an empty gym; can't wait until he starts shooting like this next year

https://streamable.com/yor5i

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Not one, but two dogs playing poker paintings, nice

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

got some chores tonight posted:

here's our favourite 6'10" player shooting 3s in an empty gym; can't wait until he starts shooting like this next year

https://streamable.com/yor5i

Hows his lateral movement through

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

Hows his lateral movement through

Yea not to be too cynical but the shooting was never going to be the problem. I'm most concerned about his defense, he was pretty incredible for the last few years

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yea not to be too cynical but the shooting was never going to be the problem. I'm most concerned about his defense, he was pretty incredible for the last few years

i think his days of playing small forward are over tbh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
pretty sure that was a Ben Simmons joke y'all

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

pretty sure that was a Ben Simmons joke y'all

i don’t care i want to talk about the shape of kevin durant to come

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

morestuff posted:

12 million

I would bet he would've only got the $12m if he didn't take another job. So if he's planning on going back to college basketball he's likely not losing any money.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The cavs probably paid him a few million to get him to resign

Who knows

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
There's no way he got nothing back in the buyout but I'm guessing it was a long cry from the $12m he owed. But I think Hashtag Banterzone is right, he'll probably be able to get whatever college job is available next year (or the year after if he wants to take a breather).

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Lockback posted:

There's no way he got nothing back in the buyout but I'm guessing it was a long cry from the $12m he owed. But I think Hashtag Banterzone is right, he'll probably be able to get whatever college job is available next year (or the year after if he wants to take a breather).

Woj is reporting that they basically paid him off for this year and that’s it. He’s retirement age anyway, if he’s done an OK job managing his money he could take the $4 million he made this season and ride off into the sunset if he wanted.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Declan MacManus posted:

i think his days of playing small forward are over tbh

Watching Durant morph into a rich man's Channing Frye would be sad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Woj is reporting that they basically paid him off for this year and that’s it. He’s retirement age anyway, if he’s done an OK job managing his money he could take the $4 million he made this season and ride off into the sunset if he wanted.

He was a major conference college coach for a long time and making $3.8 million a year by the end with Michigan, it's not going to be a money thing.

He supposedly hated recruiting so I could see him just calling it quits given his age, but if he wants to coach again he's going to have a bunch of colleges chasing him and should easily be able to get something in the $3-4 million a year range.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Watching Durant morph into a rich man's Channing Frye would be sad.

What if he turns into long zbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
this is the most tommy heinsohn shot ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QV5XwLDvSk