Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Office Liger has been posting elsewhere in the last two hours, but has yet to respond to me calling him scummy.

Is combing through peoples post history to see if they are posting elsewhere on the forums a thing? I don;t think I've seen anyone do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

And Kurt Angle's neck

Canonically speaking, two wrestlers were MURDERED BY THE UNDERTAKER and that's the last we'll ever see of them

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Pussy Quipped posted:

Is combing through peoples post history to see if they are posting elsewhere on the forums a thing? I don;t think I've seen anyone do this

Back in the day I remember people checking the users lists just to see if someone was browsing. You could get in trouble for leaving the window open on your computer while you took worked.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Pussy Quipped posted:

I still use invisible mode for this reason.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

This is the SA of 2020, expect a list of mafia enemies shortly

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

they're probably combing through the wrestling forum themselves so his post just comes off super disingenuous.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pussy Quipped posted:

It happens here and there but it’s always in bad taste imo, for example, dude can go post about wrestling news if he wants to, his obligations to post exist but certainly don’t take any precedence

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Tom Tucker posted:

Back in the day I remember people checking the users lists just to see if someone was browsing. You could get in trouble for leaving the window open on your computer while you took worked.

I think I got caught as scum being on browsing once when I said I was sleeping.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Pussy Quipped posted:

It used to be, I couldn’t be bothered doing that, I just checked Liger’s profile to see when he/she had last posted

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

OFFICER LIGER posted:

they're probably combing through the wrestling forum themselves so his post just comes off super disingenuous.

First I get called Australian, and now I’m accused of liking wrestling. You go too far, sir

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

First I get called Australian, and now I’m accused of liking wrestling. You go too far, sir

you have a fozzy quote on your profile

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Poking around in Scientastic's profile after they called you out huh?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Poking around in Scientastic's profile after they called you out huh?

yeah

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Isn’t Fozzy one of the Muppets? Do the muppets wrestle?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

I would like to wait until near deadline and then vote out somebody quiet on the grounds that they won’t be useful on days when we can make actual good decisions.

disgusting ##vote CapnAndy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Liger

That timing is super weird.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Gorgonzola posted:

##vote Liger

That timing is super weird.

...why?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

zzyzx posted:

...why?
gorgonzola?????

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am generally not a fan of the 'oh I mentioned someone and they appeared!' arguments because someone deciding to check the thread at the time they have available to them and seeing their name mentioned is a lot easier for them to fire off a quick response to than having the time to review and post thoughtful commentary. In addition, "Ah I see your scumbuds told you to post" is the weakest argument around, because no scum team would actively want to draw a target to their own teammate in a fashion that doesn't gain the player town cred. This is weak.

##vote Scientastic I think they are scum who are trying to ride out the momentum of loudly declaring someone scum on day 1 with a weak argument.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sandwolf posted:

Isn’t Fozzy one of the Muppets? Do the muppets wrestle?
It is also a band fronted by noted wrassleman Chris Jericho.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Kashuno posted:

This is weak.

##vote Scientastic I think they are scum who are trying to ride out the momentum of loudly declaring someone scum on day 1 with a weak argument.

It’s not weak, Liger’s scum, I am right

I’m also hogwarts-aligned, so you’re wrong on that count too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scientastic posted:

:monocle:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

It is weak, actually. Do you really think liger is scum because they were posting elsewhere ?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Scientastic posted:

Are you willing to consider that you might be wrong?

What would you require in order to do so?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

It is weak, actually. Do you really think liger is scum because they were posting elsewhere ?

Don’t mischaracterise my argument against Liger. I think he’s scum because of his weird whiteknighting, the posting elsewhere after I called him out on it just adds strength to my conviction

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Someone has to murder the jokephase, and I don't mind that Sci did that. Liger's post is as good a springboard as any.

Gorgonzola busting down the door and proclaiming that it's "super weird" (it isn't) is overselling it a bit, though.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

CapnAndy posted:

Are you willing to consider that you might be wrong?

Of course I’m willing to consider that I’m wrong, what a question! I just don’t think I am.

CapnAndy posted:

What would you require in order to do so?

Someone else to be scummier, obviously

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Don’t mischaracterise my argument against Liger. I think he’s scum because of his weird whiteknighting, the posting elsewhere after I called him out on it just adds strength to my conviction

who did i white knight???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OFFICER LIGER posted:

arent dementors more tools that punish, rather than the decision makers to punish? it's very ministry if anything.

Scientastic posted:

Vaguely whiteknighting over a D1 (admittedly not very funny) jokepost, I don’t like it

Can you explain this more? I don't get why this is considered whiteknighting in the context of joke phase

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Alright I'm just pussyfooting around it without directly saying it I think Liger is scummy. Scientastic's original point on him being elsewhere was nothing but Liger's response to it was super suspicious. Immediately returned, making excuses, but what really did it was digging into Scientastic's profile (why?) while also trying to dismiss suspicion with a troll "lol" post, his only direct interaction with Scientastic. His dismissive attitude does not mesh with someone who is digging into the person's profile.

Going to provide the dreaded 3rd vote. ##vote Liger

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Alright I'm just pussyfooting around it without directly saying it I think Liger is scummy. Scientastic's original point on him being elsewhere was nothing but Liger's response to it was super suspicious. Immediately returned, making excuses, but what really did it was digging into Scientastic's profile (why?) while also trying to dismiss suspicion with a troll "lol" post, his only direct interaction with Scientastic. His dismissive attitude does not mesh with someone who is digging into the person's profile.

Going to provide the dreaded 3rd vote. ##vote Liger

im gonna click your profile next

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
hello, I am awake now

I see that we've put an end to jokephase, which is nice

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pussy Quipped posted:

Big talk from someone who did exactly this on July 12th, 2011.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

hello, I am awake now

I see that we've put an end to jokephase, which is nice

Ah drat it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not playin around!! ! !

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm a replacement

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

I'm a replacement

gently caress

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Big talk from someone who did exactly this on July 12th, 2011.

Wait did I really

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

EccoRaven posted:

I'm a replacement

sounds fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003