Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Folks, hi there. The name's Spoonsy. That's all you're getting for now.

I saw Amnistar leave DBD's room last night.

uhh? that's it? no roleclaim? not necessarily telling you to roleclaim but this feels half-baked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

No idea if it means anything but night 1:
Woke up with blood rushing to my ears.

Night 2:
Woke up refreshed.

are you really getting sleeping flavor? wha?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Kashuno posted:

Amni reads as real frustrated right now. Multiple scum callouts feel like frustrated scum to me

...multiple scum callouts?

Like...spoons has night auctioned me, either they are deliberately lying or got bad results.

Kcw was almost cuddled yesterday but wasn't and 2 of the people on them end up dead the next morning.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Amnistar posted:

No idea if it means anything but night 1:
Woke up with blood rushing to my ears.

Night 2:
Woke up refreshed.

Wasn't polyjuice potion then

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I am also getting sleeping flavor

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kloaked00 posted:

What?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I have been having fun by writing flavour for doing nothing at night. I believe that the mod is doing the same.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Kloaked00 posted:

Can you elaborate? Would someone else using polyjuice potion to impersonate Amni have an effect on Amni's sleepy flavor?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Tom Tucker posted:

Can you elaborate? Would someone else using polyjuice potion to impersonate Amni have an effect on Amni's sleepy flavor?

We all know that Polyjuice Potion is an item from previous games, so it's no surprise that it's here as well. I'm saying the minimum I can, and only because it provides clarity about what may have happened last night. Unless there are two different versions of polyjuice, or unless there is another item/ability that allows a player to look like another, using polyjuice knocks the person being impersonated out

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Tom Tucker posted:

Not at all supported by the text, also it’s a flavor argument.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Pretty clear that the implication is they have access to polythene, and if used I would have different sleeping flavor.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Kloaked00 posted:

We all know that Polyjuice Potion is an item from previous games, so it's no surprise that it's here as well. I'm saying the minimum I can, and only because it provides clarity about what may have happened last night. Unless there are two different versions of polyjuice, or unless there is another item/ability that allows a player to look like another, using polyjuice knocks the person being impersonated out

Ah I did not remember this!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Polythene may be the strangest auto correct I've come across...

Polyjuice.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Kloaked00 posted:

I honestly do not recall any of this.

But good to see that it discounts the polyjuice argument? I think?

And no, I'm not going to say anything more as to who I am and what I do at this moment

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

Not at all supported by the text, also it’s a flavor argument.

Flavor is critical in this game, my last nights flavor text is how I sussed out someone came to me last night

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Now Polyethanol juice, that would be good

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kloaked00 posted:

Now Polyethanol juice, that would be good

long island iced teas exist

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Kloaked00 posted:

Strangly, my night flavor does say I was knocked out.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Leith Maclaine posted:

Strangly, my night flavor does say I was knocked out.

Sounds like we found our polyjuice target

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:siren: Attention people in the Room of Requirement. :siren:

I am pretty sure that Quandary is Peter Pettigrew. He taught those of us there last night Confringo.

He isn't in the player list, and we couldn't vote him in the Room yesterday, so I have no idea if this matters at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I did not read anything yesterday to try to come into the thread fresh. Catching up now.

From day 1, I think KCW is scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are there 8000 possible options in a game like this for what happened? Yes, but also the best thing to do is just assume the pieces that just happen to fit fit for good reason. In summary, amni scum

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

merk posted:

I am pretty sure that Quandary is Peter Pettigrew. He taught those of us there last night Confringo.

He isn't in the player list, and we couldn't vote him in the Room yesterday, so I have no idea if this matters at all.
Well! That’s more than I wanted to know.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
DBD's suspects of note:

D1
KK (vote)
Amnistar

D2
Amnistar (vote)
Leith
Humalong (vote)
Jose
KCW (vote) <or> Mikujin for their cases on DBD
PQ

What stands out the most is his consistent suspicion of Amnistar!

Add spoonsy's result and +scum Amni

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Kashuno posted:

I doubt polyjuice is the only reason someone would be knocked out

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

If spoonsy's results are legit, then Kash is probably scum.

I can't see a world where scum have the ability to make a killer appear as another player and not target the player with soft cop results

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CapnAndy posted:

Well! That’s more than I wanted to know.

CapnAndy posted:

Also, people who disappeared last night: I would like to know where you went, if going away was optional (and why you said yes if so), and if you believe the disappearances are caused by scum or town. I don't think anyone will lie, since if even one of the disappeared is town any lies will be immediately disputed, and the scum already knows if they're doing this or not, so it's not helpful information to them. To be absolutely clear, I am not asking you to claim any abilities you may or may not have gained on your trip, nor anything else if you feel that concealing it would be in the town's best interests, but I think some basic information on a mechanic we know nothing about can do nothing but help.

No. Disingenuous, fake

##vote CapnAndy

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Well this is a (kind of delightful from a mechanics standpoint) new wrinkle

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

didn't other HP games have..secret players or whatnot?

Hell we have a secret player in this very thread, Ecco is "in" this game!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quandary also taught us all a spell

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Amnistar posted:

I can't see a world where scum have the ability to make a killer appear as another player and not target the player with soft cop results

How does that make Kash scum?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Kashuno posted:

More specifics without doing a direct quote

I am sitting in my chair thinking about what Hogwarts needs, and then I wake up with a headache and a lump.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

merk posted:

Um is the spell a night action that (googles) causes people to explode? So we now have three people (and one person not in the game...?) who are vigs?

merk posted:

I did not read anything yesterday to try to come into the thread fresh. Catching up now.

From day 1, I think KCW is scum.

I'll give him another look, but what do you think about Amni?

So you were in the room of requirement, did anything else important happen there?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

How does that make Kash scum?

Kash has a softclaim of cop.

If scum can kill someone and make it appear that it was done by town, why didn't they kill the cop claim.

That is my WIFOM argument about Kash.

This does presuppose spoonsy is telling the truth about seeing me leave DBDs room.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Sandwolf posted:

Hell we have a secret player in this very thread, Ecco is "in" this game!
lol

Amnistar posted:

Lookit Amni, speaking from a scum perspective of having thought of killing Kash but then choosing to kill someone suspicious of him instead.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

OFFICER LIGER posted:

quandary also taught us all a spell

Quandary taught us Confringo.
Pander taught us the other spell.

Why didn't you give me a chocolate frog when you said that you would?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

add self to Amni's scum calls today

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the spell I learned blows up items not people. it doesn't teach me what items have been blown up though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

merk posted:

Quandary taught us Confringo.
Pander taught us the other spell.

Why didn't you give me a chocolate frog when you said that you would?

you never said please!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

Um is the spell a night action that (googles) causes people to explode? So we now have three people (and one person not in the game...?) who are vigs?

I'll give him another look, but what do you think about Amni?

So you were in the room of requirement, did anything else important happen there?

I haven't read any of day 2. I am going to try to do that now.

Nothing of importance happened in the Room of Requirement except Liger promising me a chocolate frog and not delivering.