Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Kashuno posted:

add self to Amni's scum calls today

You are the only *new* scum call I have made today. But cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

add self to Amni's scum calls today
:allears: Maybe he will call me scum again too!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

merk posted:

Quandary taught us Confringo.
Pander taught us the other spell.

Why didn't you give me a chocolate frog when you said that you would?

Well poo poo, now I'm really jealous

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yuming posted:

lol

Lookit Amni, speaking from a scum perspective of having thought of killing Kash but then choosing to kill someone suspicious of him instead.

Yes, because I am trying to determine spoons is telling the truth or not.

From my perspective I *know* something is fishy about the results.

Also, I am going to be thrilled of this happened because George is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

huh?? George?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

huh?? George?

Weasley. I am Fred. The other twins.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am feeling p comfy about voting Amni, kcw and Dex.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Amnistar posted:

You've been dancing around this flavor claim all day if you have something that's pertinent either say it or stop hinting at it.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Amnistar posted:

You mean the guy whose death you were bemoaning in your room?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

zzyzx posted:

loooool zzyzx already forgot xopod's flip

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

zzyzx posted:

No, xopods was a patil, not a Weasley. I was bemoaning a twin dying, not my twin.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

yuming posted:

I am feeling p comfy about voting Amni, kcw and Dex.

Agree on Amni. I am not convinced on KCW since I had a big town read on them early on but I will give them a read. I feel good about Dex though, every post they make feels town to me

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Amnistar posted:

The action I submitted was cry in my room at the death of a twin.

Ok, so he didn't say "my twin" but that's a bit odd to essentially claim your flavor character unprompted

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

Ok, so he didn't say "my twin" but that's a bit odd to essentially claim your flavor character unprompted

I have a watcher claim linking me to a nightfall and was already heavily under suspicion before the day opened. You think I'm living through this? I answered the question honestly because it amused me that my bullshitting with the mod was going to show up in thread, and my flavor gives nothing to anyone other than IDing me as a student.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

And this is probably a dumb question, but let's make sure

Spoonsy, you didn't see anyone beside Amnistar right?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote kcw

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Which, let's be honest, I already did to anyone paying attention when I thought I caught spoons is the scum slip.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

Agreed. Any claims made should be about mechanics available to you, and how those mechanics have been used to date. Either these mechanics can be verified in a way that makes leaving the target alive a good idea, and thus saves the town from killing someone useful, or they don't save you, but all information related to you mechanically is in the thread for the town to use after your death.

Especially as he is opposed to flavor claims yesterday.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Especially as he is opposed to flavor claims yesterday.

Eh, I am legit going to be thrilled if there is a mechanic in the game where I am mistaken for my flavor twin, thats all. It does nothing to clear me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHO CARES

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

Eh, I am legit going to be thrilled if there is a mechanic in the game where I am mistaken for my flavor twin, thats all. It does nothing to clear me.

Nope, it is just a complete 180 from the position you took yesterday.

##vote amni

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Kloaked00 posted:

And this is probably a dumb question, but let's make sure

Spoonsy, you didn't see anyone beside Amnistar right?

Without quoting, my flavor just says I saw Amnistar leaving DBDs room.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Kashuno posted:

Agree on Amni. I am not convinced on KCW since I had a big town read on them early on but I will give them a read. I feel good about Dex though, every post they make feels town to me
My theory on Dex is she is making easy safe cases (Hum, Hal) while waiting for the lunch train to roll over another townie.

Tone-wise I agree she sounds chill and reasonable. But I can imagine her motivations as scum.

This post is an example of what's fueling my suspicion.

D2

Dexanth posted:

Comfy votes atm:
E+ (I like the continued cases on them, v good points)
Humalong (unchanged opinion from yesterday)
TOWN Hal (yes its n easy one but no contentposting is a scum play because its so easy to coast)

also kinda comfy voting TOWN Xopods but something feels off so would prefer not to. Most everyone else still pings town or neutral

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also I think I may know who George is based of a Amni reread.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Also I think I may know who George is based of a Amni reread.

Assuming of course that he is actually Fred and we're dealing with Scum Weasley twins which goes against my own observation but hey, if it's a fake claim, I think I found a breadcrumb!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote amnistar

drop dead fred!!!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Amni would you please just tell us if you have a mason group.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Nope, it is just a complete 180 from the position you took yesterday.

##vote amni

It's really not. It is mechanic speculation based on flavour, which is fairly different.

But, like I said, I acknowledge that I am dying today. U have no way of disproving the claim I visited DBD because I am functionallu vanilla Town, which was a little disappointing considering all the flavor and mechanics the game has.

My theories are, in order of my opinion of likelyhood:
A. Someone used polyjuice and replaced the killed with my body.
If this is true, spoons is probably town (or at least a different alignment than the killer) and I think Kash is scum because they were not targeted by this misdirect kill.

B. Spoons is lying, and thus scum.

C. George weasley is scum and has a power that makes them appear as me, their twin.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Amnistar posted:

...multiple scum callouts?

Like...spoons has night auctioned me, either they are deliberately lying or got bad results.

Kcw was almost cuddled yesterday but wasn't and 2 of the people on them end up dead the next morning.

This is why I hate the town discussing the motivations for scum choosing specific people: it lets the scum team easily frame a target. In my case, they choose someone they think they can lynch easily, kill people that were voting for them, then come into the thread and use it as further evidence to push that over the edge.

Those people suspected other people, too. This is scummy enough, and when you add Spoonsy seeing you going to the room of someone who died, and we know you weren't the target of polyjuice... scum loving found.

This is easy.

##vote Amnistar

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

Amni would you please just tell us if you have a mason group.

I do not and it makes me angry.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

This information is probably better shared than kept to myself, so I investigated Spoonsy as town on n1 and Sandwolf as scum on n2. Happy to vote Amni or Sandwolf.

##vote Amni

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kingcobweb posted:

This is why I hate the town discussing the motivations for scum choosing specific people: it lets the scum team easily frame a target. In my case, they choose someone they think they can lynch easily, kill people that were voting for them, then come into the thread and use it as further evidence to push that over the edge.

Those people suspected other people, too. This is scummy enough, and when you add Spoonsy seeing you going to the room of someone who died, and we know you weren't the target of polyjuice... scum loving found.

This is easy.

##vote Amnistar

Ok you know what maybe I do the see the case for kcw

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

zzyzx posted:

This information is probably better shared than kept to myself, so I investigated Spoonsy as town on n1 and Sandwolf as scum on n2. Happy to vote Amni or Sandwolf.

##vote Amni

Then I would suggest going after Kash tomorrow.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yes...let's investigate based on flavor...my favorite part in the Harry Potter series was when Voldemort shot someone with a gun. yes, very on flavor...

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

zzyzx posted:

##vote Amni

I really wanted to be annoyed at you for claiming this but... if we can trust it it means we can trust Spoony and thus we'd have two targets... so it kind of makes sense? It's a cop claim with effectively 1.5 results.

I'm just not 100% sure I trust Spoonsy (or you!) but the timing of the claim feels pretty genuine.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Amnistar posted:

It's really not. It is mechanic speculation based on flavour, which is fairly different.

But, like I said, I acknowledge that I am dying today. U have no way of disproving the claim I visited DBD because I am functionallu vanilla Town, which was a little disappointing considering all the flavor and mechanics the game has.

My theories are, in order of my opinion of likelyhood:
A. Someone used polyjuice and replaced the killed with my body.
If this is true, spoons is probably town (or at least a different alignment than the killer) and I think Kash is scum because they were not targeted by this misdirect kill.

B. Spoons is lying, and thus scum.

C. George weasley is scum and has a power that makes them appear as me, their twin.

A. again, "why didn't the scum do THIS" at night is total bullshit.

C. did your role PM, even in flavor, have anything about you being mistaken for him? It would make sense that, if it's in the game as a mechanic, it would at least hint at it working both ways.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

##vote Amni

huh. Well zzyzx coming through with the double tap scum verify is..something.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

I really wanted to be annoyed at you for claiming this but... if we can trust it it means we can trust Spoony and thus we'd have two targets... so it kind of makes sense? It's a cop claim with effectively 1.5 results.

I'm just not 100% sure I trust Spoonsy (or you!) but the timing of the claim feels pretty genuine.

Other than the fact that I think zzyzx has been playing like scum, this is sound cop play as it removes the possibility of spoons lying. And it is even more ballsy of a scum move since it links the two.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

This is easy.

##vote Amnistar
oh man speaking of flavor, look guys!! the Knight Bus made an appearance! that's too good, aces really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Although idk it's weird to say "I got a scum result let's vote the one I didn't get a scum result on first though"