Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think Andy actually just legitimately scumclaimed on D1 unless there's some sort of scum jester role that I'm totally unfamiliar with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

The whole interaction seems weird to me.

Yeah, but look at all the interaction its provoked

And scummy bandwagon voting

And scummy whiteknighting

And equivocating Xopods’ posting that I hate

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

I 1000% agree with this, though the whole thing still felt really awkward

I feel at this point compelled to remind everyone that I am British and this is as unawkward as I get

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

For real, serious vote

##vote sandwolf

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

yeah but Andy you also just kinda scumclaimed, even if it was joke, the joke seems to be “haha look I’m seriously scumclaiming”

Fully setting up to jump on the bandwagon of potentially taking Andy’s “scumclaim” seriously but waiting to see how the cards fell before actually committing to it.

Sandwolf posted:

I 1000% agree with this, though the whole thing still felt really awkward

Backing down, but still not fully committing to it, so he can come back and pin his colours to the mast if it looks like popular opinion goes to me or Andy.

Scum: FOUND

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Now I’ve successfully ruined jokephase, I’m going to retire to drink some beers with my wife and then go to bed.

See you anon.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I got another shot of lie detect from successfully purchasing the first season of golden girls on dvd for the mod and I lie detected this post and there is not a lie.

##vote Andy

ok but which mod?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
cpig is clearly lying about purchasing golden girls dvds when it would be cheaper and more convenient right now to simply access it via streaming sites

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, ##vote Scientastic

I really don't like this whole "I was just kidding to provoke a reaction" backpedal. The original vote on Andy didn't seem like a joke to me, especially not after this response to me:

Scientastic posted:

Nah, he’s trying to make out it’s a scum slip, he’s not clarifying

It's scummy the way he's now backpedaling from it and making it out like the whole point from the start was to see who'd react. Especially when supposedly scummy reactions include: (1) Voting Andy, (2) Defending Andy, (3) Being on the fence about Andy.

Scientastic posted:

Yeah, but look at all the interaction its provoked

And scummy bandwagon voting

And scummy whiteknighting

And equivocating Xopods’ posting that I hate

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Scientastic posted:

Fully setting up to jump on the bandwagon of potentially taking Andy’s “scumclaim” seriously but waiting to see how the cards fell before actually committing to it.

Backing down, but still not fully committing to it, so he can come back and pin his colours to the mast if it looks like popular opinion goes to me or Andy.

Scum: FOUND

Sandwolf was pretty quick to do this

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Sub Rosa

in response to Sub Rosa's vote on Andy. I think what he said later is consistent with that action. What do you make of it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

Sandwolf was pretty quick to do this

in response to Sub Rosa's vote on Andy. I think what he said later is consistent with that action. What do you make of it?

It’s great cover when backpedaling

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

xopods posted:

Yeah, ##vote Scientastic

I really don't like this whole "I was just kidding to provoke a reaction" backpedal. The original vote on Andy didn't seem like a joke to me, especially not after this response to me:

It's scummy the way he's now backpedaling from it and making it out like the whole point from the start was to see who'd react. Especially when supposedly scummy reactions include: (1) Voting Andy, (2) Defending Andy, (3) Being on the fence about Andy.

I think this is a good case for what we have of the game so far

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

It’s great cover when backpedaling

would you agree that Sub Rosa’s vote on Andy is scummy?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

But Andy is scum

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapnAndy (3): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic
Mr. Steak (2): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong
Jose Valasquez (2): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak
Jeabus Mahogany (1): Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (1): dmboogie
Sandwolf (1): Scientastic
Sub Rosa (1): Sandwolf
Spoonsy (1): LordNad
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Tom Tucker (1): Voodoofly
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep
xopods (1): SalTheBard
Voodoofly (1): Spoonsy
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, cheese sandwich, DGK2000, Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Squiggly, Tom Tucker

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Pussy Quipped posted:

I skipped every post since my last post. Who is scum tell me now

Pussy Quipped posted:

##vote capnandy
drat that was easy. Scumclaim day 1

Pussy Quipped posted:

But Andy is scum

This is either a scumbus or scum jumping on an easy wagon. Either##vote pq

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

xopods posted:

I am now bitter that I was tricked into doing one of those three things, so

##vote Scientastic

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

b-minus1 posted:

This is either a scumbus or scum jumping on an easy wagon. Either##vote pq
His vote was very obviously a jokevote and his last post is equally obviously an attempt to keep the joke going even though my very pedestrian gag has somehow killed jokephase, though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

And what’s the deal with miller claims, am I right?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CapnAndy posted:

His vote was very obviously a jokevote and his last post is equally obviously an attempt to keep the joke going even though my very pedestrian gag has somehow killed jokephase, though.

Why are you defending this so hard? It’s a couple votes in the joke phase transition in a huge game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Voodoofly posted:

Why are you defending this so hard? It’s a couple votes in the joke phase transition in a huge game.

And you aren’t defending yourself you’re defending another player from B-

Do you think B- made a scummy vote or are you just transfixed one posts that surrounded your “joke”?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Voodoofly posted:

Do you think B- made a scummy vote or are you just transfixed one posts that surrounded your “joke”?
That's a really weird dichotomy! At the moment I just think b- took seriously some posts that weren't meant to be taken seriously, which, there is a lot of that going around, and if anyone would like to discuss something that isn't my quote-unquote joke that'd be awesome, I'll talk about that too, but right now it seems like the only topic! Which is weird because the joke was A) obvious and B) not that good!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

I guess we're done with the fun day 1 part.

I don't believe Andy is scum. I do believe that killed the joke phase. I'm not voting for anyone at this moment, but I don't like the fact he's already got 3 votes on him for for something dumb.

I can't get a read off Sub Rosa as I've never played with them before. And I notice from the most recent votefinder they're not even voting for him anymore, so I guess this post is for nothing then?

Cool story, Spoons. Cool story.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

drat yall are wild

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Pussy Quipped posted:

drat yall are wild

mood

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Lets lunch a lurker day 1

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (2): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong
CapnAndy (2): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa
Scientastic (2): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa
Jose Valasquez (2): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1
Jeabus Mahogany (1): Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (1): dmboogie
Sandwolf (1): Scientastic
Sub Rosa (1): Sandwolf
Spoonsy (1): LordNad
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Tom Tucker (1): Voodoofly
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep
xopods (1): SalTheBard
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (8): cheese sandwich, DGK2000, Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Spoonsy, Squiggly, Tom Tucker

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 19 hours.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

Lets lunch a lurker day 1

How about squiggly

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what's a squiggly

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Voodoofly posted:

Voodoofly posted:

dude, what are you even trying to get at here? you think andy is legit scum and so is pq...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoonsy posted:

##unvote

I guess we're done with the fun day 1 part.

I don't believe Andy is scum. I do believe that killed the joke phase. I'm not voting for anyone at this moment, but I don't like the fact he's already got 3 votes on him for for something dumb.

I can't get a read off Sub Rosa as I've never played with them before. And I notice from the most recent votefinder they're not even voting for him anymore, so I guess this post is for nothing then?

Cool story, Spoons. Cool story.

what do you think about voodoofly?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
The whole CapnAndy debacle is giving me strong deja vu from Good Place D1.

Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa

Bet one of them is scum for sure.

##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordNad posted:

##unvote

hey, not to completely spam about this, but i'd add voodoofly to that list for shading andy, even if he never dropped a vote

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

LordNad posted:

##unvote

Oh tell us all how your day 1 ended in that game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I got a night 0 cop and it said humalong is scum

##vote humalong

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

I still maintain that was blind luck.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I got a night 0 cop and it said humalong is scum

##vote humalong

Bad time to be a cop, pig.

##vote cpig

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

hey, not to completely spam about this, but i'd add voodoofly to that list for shading andy, even if he never dropped a vote

Good point

Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Voodoofly

Tom Tucker posted:

That's literally my point. Scum (me) was lynched. This situation looks extremely similar.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

I still maintain that was blind luck.

Nah I overplayed my hand and then hosed off to lurk it out hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

Especially when supposedly scummy reactions include: (1) Voting Andy, (2) Defending Andy, (3) Being on the fence about Andy.

Yep, literally everything everyone does can be done in a scummy way. It’s a very simplistic interpretation of my post to claim that I am saying all of the actions are scummy in and of themselves. Like everything in mafia, it’s in the way you do it.