Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

If any of you nerds is a mason recruiter I miss having oot friends to bitch about games with :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

cheese sandwich posted:

I haven't checked the thread since thursday and holy hell are there posts. Could someone helpfully summarize what has happened so far
I made a really obvious and lazy joke that somehow killed jokephase when some people entirely missed the joke and then other people critized those people.

Squiggly claimed he's a miller and that if two people vote him he can let the town talk at night, but later clarified that it turns on the next night and he has charges for that power anyway so he doesn't need votes anyway and also it's actually twilight we can talk during???

Apart from the maigius thing those are the two main important points, I think.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

I made a really obvious and lazy joke that somehow killed jokephase when some people entirely missed the joke and then other people critized those people.

Squiggly claimed he's a miller and that if two people vote him he can let the town talk at night, but later clarified that it turns on the next night and he has charges for that power anyway so he doesn't need votes anyway and also it's actually twilight we can talk during???

i dont think the twilight thing is important. thats just some people describing "night we can talk during" as "twilight" and then squiggly using the same terminology when responding to them

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, you also completely glossed over the spoonsy stuff

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont think the twilight thing is important. thats just some people describing "night we can talk during" as "twilight" and then squiggly using the same terminology when responding to them
It's really important! Twilight is the period between hammer and flip, getting to talk just then versus getting to talk during the entire night is a huge difference.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, you also completely glossed over the spoonsy stuff
So tell the guy about the spoonsy stuff if you think it's important, it's okay, I'm not the sole authority.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Thank you! We are now friends

This is my jam list this fine Saturday. It should last me until tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M91VPs47jZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmq2A1rl62U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9HGwRbMiVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jqKUWf-x9Y

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is there a reason not to ignore the squigg stuff right now? I feel like the game will sort him out sooner or later either way wrt his claim, it seems like kind of an easy distraction rn

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

cheese sandwich posted:

If any of you nerds is a mason recruiter I miss having oot friends to bitch about games with :iia:

I'll invite you to my masonry.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

The best masonry in the history of all the mafias

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I also never asked anyone to charge me because as you see I don't find it particularly valuable

Some super kawaii fan fic happening for some people

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

cheese sandwich posted:

Is there a reason not to ignore the squigg stuff right now? I feel like the game will sort him out sooner or later either way wrt his claim, it seems like kind of an easy distraction rn

The only reason I made it was because miller duh

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Squiggly posted:

The only reason I made it was because miller duh

Well obviously that's kinda what I'm saying

I'm more sus of the people making something of it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapnAndy posted:

So tell the guy about the spoonsy stuff if you think it's important, it's okay, I'm not the sole authority.

he should read it himself

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Maigius posted:

I'm currently wondering how town magic users gain charges. Voting for the winning vote getter, or over time are my best guesses. Using a different power of theirs has also come up as a possibility.

So remember when I was dumb this morning about someone wondering about multiple scum groups (which I still think merits discussion) and a fake N0 cop? (Yes I know my bad)

This is even dumber!

##vote Maigus

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

I notice that not a lot of people are voting Scientastic, who is the scummiest person in the game right now. You should all do that.

Spoonsy's vote on Hum seems lazy and superficial, but you could say the same about the people voting for him. There have been a lot of lazy, superficial votes this game e.g. on the Andy joke scumclaim... I think that's more a symptom of the game size than an alignment tell on D1.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Voodoofly posted:

Yeah i sort of agree with hum. I think the responses to his speculation post are pretty strange and worth looking at once I’m not on my phone.

I agree with this

Sandwolf posted:

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

If I’m wrong we look at CapitalistPig tomorrow.
I don’t really see this holding water against Spoonsy. Yeah he was wrong and believed kind of a stupid joke but I don’t think the thought process on display here is scummy. Real scum would have none this would not have worked and not so eagerly jumped into promotion of a chain lunch this early D1z

These are both bad takes imo

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Spoonsy posted:

So remember when I was dumb this morning about someone wondering about multiple scum groups (which I still think merits discussion) and a fake N0 cop? (Yes I know my bad)

This is even dumber!

##vote Maigus

Setup speculation is both meaningless content AND in this case because we know nothing outside of the OP also safe content so I see your point here.

Also people voting Spoonsy for that thing earlier are bad I think we may have another Liger situation on our hands...

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I fully admit to being a moron with the setup speculation stuff. I'll admit to being town and having a skill. My skill is not all that useful. I'll also admit I was bored while making dinner. I solemnly swear to stop poking at the setup to see how it works.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Looking into it I'm cooling on maigius. This is their second game and reading them with that in mind sounds more earnest than scum imo ##unvote

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Pussy Quipped posted:

T-t-two scum teams???

This probably feels like the least genuine reaction to hum ##vote pq

I'm open to the idea of spoonsy but his post here felt to me more like he thought he found a (pretty bad) gotcha and was pushing that. Idk his reaction feels more candid than PQ's

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

xopods posted:

Yeah, ##vote Scientastic

I really don't like this whole "I was just kidding to provoke a reaction" backpedal. The original vote on Andy didn't seem like a joke to me, especially not after this response to me:

It's scummy the way he's now backpedaling from it and making it out like the whole point from the start was to see who'd react. Especially when supposedly scummy reactions include: (1) Voting Andy, (2) Defending Andy, (3) Being on the fence about Andy.

This feels lacking. Like, if there's a scummy argument to be made about Sci it's that he's still maintaining Andy's scummy based on his joke but he's moving on and making an effort to reanalyze in a way that I can see from a town mindset

idk that I buy xopods believes this

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

PIG WERE YOU LYING ABOUT THIS DONT TEASE :smith:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

cheese sandwich posted:

PIG WERE YOU LYING ABOUT THIS DONT TEASE :smith:

Well i can't do it right now. You gotta wait until tonight bb :wink:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am fully on board with executing Steak, but I think Tom is making the mistake of seeing Steak incredible scummy posting and seeing Steak as scum.

Difficult, I know, but I’m pretty sure Steak just posts terrible scummy poo poo all the time regardless of alignment.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I buy Squiggly’s power, but I can definitely see that as a scum role. I may have missed this, but is he claiming that he can create masonry with selected townies, or twilight?

Because one could absolutely be a scum power role and the other is so toothless that I can’t believe it’s the only thing he has. I don’t believe that “you get to occasionally make twilight” would ever be someone’s only power, because it’s just so lame.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

cheese sandwich posted:

I'm open to the idea of spoonsy but his post here felt to me more like he thought he found a (pretty bad) gotcha and was pushing that.

Try reading it again. He explicitly ties the whole “gotcha” to N0 action speculation, referring to Cpig’s obviously fictional cop call.

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

Then he explicitly states that he buys the cop claim so much that if Hum isn’t scum, we should be suspicious of CPig

Spoonsy posted:

And doubles down on believing the cop claim

Spoonsy posted:

I’m willing to go with the cop who had 0 reason to claim at this moment

Then backs out of that part of it when pushed, claiming it was not the cop claim really, even though he has pretty much stated that the cop claim is a major part of his thought process

Spoonsy posted:

Also my vote is less on the cop, more on the statement of two scum groups. But the cop sure as heck helps.

And finally, he flips away from this with an advantageous newbie vote, voting for someone literally playing their first game, who is an easy target.

Spoonsy posted:

This is even dumber!

##vote Maigus

The “believing Cpig” part of this is not why Spoonsy deserves to be voted, although it is enough for me: it’s the disingenuous behaviour afterwards, trying to reframe the narrative.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also, anyone who votes Maigius is not only bad at mafia, they are mean.

I won’t be voting Maigius for at least the first few days, because

1. it’s impossible to draw an alignment call from someone so new
2. if he’s scum, he will out all his scum buddies because he’s new
3. someone’s first experience of mafia shouldn’t be being shouted at and executed for trying to play the game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

someone’s first experience of mafia shouldn’t be being shouted at and executed for trying to play the game

idk thats basically how my first experience was and now i love mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh gently caress i forgot i moved my vote as a joke.

lets return to seriousness ##vote spoonsy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it pains me to say it, but... scientastic is town this game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do i know this? he's making any sense at all

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Squiggly, does your action specifically say that you can let town talk at night? Or does it mean everyone can talk at night (from the thread not closing or whatever)?

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Looking back on Spoonsy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I hope the two scum teams kill each other off

Spoonsy posted:

Spoonsy posted:

I’m willing to go with the cop who had 0 reason to claim at this moment (he says after donating $ to a bail fund)

And here was the CPig claim:

CapitalistPig posted:

I got a night 0 cop and it said humalong is scum

##vote humalong

Spoonsy's votes aren't great here mainly because he's taking two jokes at face value. He says he's phone posting, ok, but I don't see how you can form a strong enough opinion to "feel comfortable" voting Humalong based on this. Feels like you're trying to make it look like you're scum hunting.

I also think all of the votes on Spoonsy were entirely justified and I don't think any of them are scummy, with the exception of maybe dmboogie. But I think it's more likely that he saw this spoonsy's post and genuinely thought it didn't need rehashing, unlike what I just did now because it was 100+ posts ago.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

xopods posted:

Spoonsy's vote on Hum seems lazy and superficial, but you could say the same about the people voting for him.

Sandwolf posted:

So I’m inclined to agree with this, except I actually think these votes are worse:

[posts votes on Spoonsy]

What was bad about those votes? They saw a pretty scummy post and reacted accordingly. And the case had merit unlike the CapnAndy "scumclaim" stuff from earlier.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Steak are you gonna vote everyone in the game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Steak are you gonna vote everyone in the game

We used to call this spaghetti strategy.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

MisterJed posted:

Squiggly, does your action specifically say that you can let town talk at night? Or does it mean everyone can talk at night (from the thread not closing or whatever)?

It specifically said town but got updated this morning to "thread" I'm assuming after you made this post

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

merk posted:

We used to call this spaghetti strategy.

Merk it seems odd you haven't commented on anything substantial this game. Sensei we need your guidance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scientastic posted:

I buy Squiggly’s power, but I can definitely see that as a scum role. I may have missed this, but is he claiming that he can create masonry with selected townies, or twilight?

Because one could absolutely be a scum power role and the other is so toothless that I can’t believe it’s the only thing he has. I don’t believe that “you get to occasionally make twilight” would ever be someone’s only power, because it’s just so lame.

I let everyone in this game talk at night

gently caress man mason recruiter would've been so sweet I got power role envy now