Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I do not like the low effort votes on spoonsy making it look like a forlorn conclusion when there are two leading candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Spoonsy voted Steak and then moved Sci’s vote from Spoonsy to Steak

After saying “I don’t want to vote Steak”

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Voodoofly posted:

##vote Steak whatever these two posts back to back are worse than anything I saw in Spoons'y history, and there are way more just like it

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (14): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf, Maigius, CapnAndy, b-minus1, b-minus1, xopods, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Squiggly, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad, Spoonsy, Voodoofly, Scientastic
Spoonsy (10): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk, LordNad, DGK2000, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, SalTheBard, MisterJed, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, merk, merk, merk, merk, b-minus1
CapnAndy (1): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly, Squiggly
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, dmboogie, b-minus1, Squiggly, b-minus1, Spoonsy, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Squiggly, Spoonsy
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, merk, merk, DGK2000
Mr. Humalong (0): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy, Jeabus Mahogany, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Scientastic (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, xopods
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Jose Valasquez (0): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy, Voodoofly
dmboogie (0): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
xopods (0): SalTheBard, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, SalTheBard
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, xopods, xopods, Spoonsy
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (0):

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh that’s :redhammer:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Steak is clearly here we gonna get a claim or what

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Bout to get a flip

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Are we allowed to talk in twilight because I got stuff to say

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

f

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

CapnAndy posted:

Considering a claimed power exists to GIVE us a twilight, probably not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapnAndy posted:

5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

5 . Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

5 . Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.

loving wrecked

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

I stand corrected

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

How are you doing in these turbulent times?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay then!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I once met a man from Peru,

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

So anyone heading out protesting and want to PM me your info so I can check on you / coordinate bail / notify friends / family in case some poo poo goes down?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
who cheered as he drank quite the brew

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

So much protesting going on here, but not much looting.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

LordNad posted:

How are you doing in these turbulent times?
I mean... better than some, I guess. I still have my job.

The pressure just builds and builds until eventually I have a really bad day and utterly blow my top, and then I feel better for a while. Which isn't particularly healthy psychologically I guess, but who is right now?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

I'm still on post deployment quarantine for another 3 days. Not supposed to leave the house. Plus Jax is having curfews

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

So anyone heading out protesting and want to PM me your info so I can check on you / coordinate bail / notify friends / family in case some poo poo goes down?

Did this weekend, but it's drat good of you to offer.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

The pressure just builds and builds until eventually I have a really bad day and utterly blow my top, and then I feel better for a while. Which isn't particularly healthy psychologically I guess, but who is right now?

Pretty much same but that was me pre 2020

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Oh hey same

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

DGK2000 posted:

Did this weekend, but it's drat good of you to offer.

I can't go myself (young kid and immune-compromised family member so barely leaving the house) so doing whatever I can.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

LordNad posted:

I'm still on post deployment quarantine for another 3 days. Not supposed to leave the house. Plus Jax is having curfews
Are you enjoying the particularlty bitter irony that wherever you were deployed to was probably safer than America?

I would be

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Yeah I'm lucky compared to most - healthy and safe and I can do my job from home and we can get by on the one income.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I also don't recommend moving across the country during a pandemic.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
It has been a long day. Many were distracted by events happening elsewhere, but eventually everyone gathered together.

"Look, some these people are evil, we should get rid of them. Maybe things will go back to normal then?"

No one is quite sure who suggested the idea, but quickly it caught traction and built up steam.

Many names were bandied about, but eventually, enough of the group agreed.

Everyone talked. And Talked. And Talked. And then Spoonsy pulled out pocket watch aand waved it in front of Scientastic. "On the count of 3 you'll vote for steal...I mean steak! One Two JANGO!"

Scientastic's eyes went glassy and then a consensus had been reached. Swords were drawn and Mr. Steak was slain.

Mr. Steak - Fantasia Magi-Tech Cult-Aligned - Mana Drainer has been executed.

SKILL: Drain Mana - Each night you can target a player. If the player has a MAGIC skill, they lose 1 charge. If this would reduce the number of charges to lower than required to use the action, their action will fail.
SKILL: Strongman - If you submit the nightkill, you cannot be stopped by any other night actions.

As the dust clears from the crowd kill, you find that PussyQuipped's house is empty, and they appear to have abandoned you all to your fates.

Pussy Quipped - Technopolis-Town aligned - Roboticist has been modkilled for inactivty.

TECH: Robot Double - As a night action you may elect to steal the brain of a dead player and place it into a robot. That robot will then perform the Skill(s) on another player of your choice for the night.

You start the game with 2 Robot Doubles.

Moving forward we will have 24 hour Night phases and 48 hour day phases. You have 24 hours to submit night actions.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Tom Tucker posted:

FOR REAL HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS CHECKING ON YOU AND KNOWS WHERE YOU WILL BE AND WHEN YOU NEED TO CHECK IN BY.

Also if there are observers give them your info if you see them. And if you see someone get arrested find an observer and give them as much info as you can, theirs or yours.

From what I've seen and know about most people are not being "lost" in the system but don't assume you won't be lost as well if something happens.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
The day begins and you find that some of your friends are not here.

Tom Tucker - Technopolis Town - Aligned - Security Consultant's body was drained of all fluids and a sigil was carved into their forehead.

TECH: Alert-o-tron. As an action you may install the alert-o-tron in another player's home. The following night it will record who visited that home, and publicly state all their names in the thread the following start of day. NOTE: It will only post a list of player names. You may give the Alert-o-tron to another player as a night action.

You start the game with 1 Alert-o-tron.

Jeabus Mahogany - Fantasia Town - Aligned - Thunder Mage's corpse was discovered, and it appears it was chewed on by some kind of feral creature.

MAGIC: Static Charge - Each night, you can spend a charge to target a player. Said player will have a Static Charge. Anybody visiting this target will have their TECH ability delayed by 1 night. The mark lasts until a player visits the target and fades 1 night after having been tripped by a visiting player. You gain 1 charge if your vote is on someone with a TECH skill at the end of the day. You start the game with 2 charges.

You also notice that PQ's grave has been disturbed.

Amnistar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 5, 2020

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (22): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, CapnAndy, cheese sandwich, DGK2000, dmboogie, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, LordNad, Maigius, merk, MisterJed, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, Scientastic, Spoonsy, Squiggly, Sub Rosa, Voodoofly, xopods

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 04th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Days will be 48 hours, nights are 24 hours.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Well Spoonsy is a bit suspicious, with that hypnosis thing. Hopefully there's restrictions on it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

You also notice that PQ's grave has been disturbed.

I would guess this was scum stealing PQ's power in order to utilize steak's power

this is useless speculation but since there are so few flips rn that's what makes sense to me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I tried to put you in my masonry cheese but it failed.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Maigius posted:

Well Spoonsy is a bit suspicious, with that hypnosis thing. Hopefully there's restrictions on it.

Happy to talk about that if we'd like to

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Maigius posted:

Pot meet Kettle

He explained it at the end of the day.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

LordNad posted:

Pot meet Kettle

He explained it at the end of the day.

As a reminder I can do it once a day and it has to be echoing a vote that was already placed at some time. Only reason it worked is that Sci had voted Steak at the start of the day in joke phase (and yes I did deliberately pick someone to take off of me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

My start of day thoughts:

- PQ's role was really cool and really powerful given that we're getting full flips and it's very disturbing that someone disturbed his grave given what he himself could do with corpses.
- I was a lot angrier with voodoo before steak's flip. Yeah, there were only 10 minutes left, but they were shaping up to be a very eventful ten minutes once spoonsy used his power. Hammering right then and shutting down discussion was not at all cool. If Steak had flipped town I'd be already voting voodoo for it.
- We very much need to discuss the fact that spoonsy can manipulate votes. It's apparently pretty limited, but any kind of moving votes around doesn't seem super great to me.