Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Spoonsy posted:

Please note Andy's vote has been moved

Alright. Now that you've demonstrated it again, do you have any theories about how this power is useful to Town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My vote is now simultaneously on b and maigius. Votefinder doesn’t seem to know how to handle this ability.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

xopods posted:

Alright. Now that you've demonstrated it again, do you have any theories about how this power is useful to Town?

I see this and want your perspective on the opposite side

How is a power that he has to proclaim in thread useful for scum? The game plan is to survive like 8 days and then use it in lylo?

I'm not saying he couldn't be scum, but I see this power much more as a neutral than scum unless I'm missing something

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

CapnAndy posted:

My vote is now simultaneously on b and maigius. Votefinder doesn’t seem to know how to handle this ability.

It's pretty clearly being input by a mod manually

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

MisterJed posted:

These were posted a few hours before the deadline. Then this is where Nad landed:

That's a pretty wide net that ended with a steak vote, despite no previous criticism or concern with steak, the most active poster yesterday. LordNad, what were your thoughts on steak's alignment yesterday before you noticed the spoonsy votes?

I didn't have one. His style of play is difficult for me to read so I tend to ignore it D1. What set me off was when Maigius voted for Spoonsy. It wasn't so much I found Steak scummy but more that I did not like some of the people on Spoonsy.

It was 10 - 10 when Maigius made it 11 - 10 Spoonsy. I got weirded out and voted Steak making it 11 - 10 Steak. Spoonsy came and echo + voted Steak making it 13 - 10 Steak and then Voodoo was the Hammer.

What are you getting at?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Squiggly posted:

It's pretty clearly being input by a mod manually
Yeah, I just wanted to let them fix it before I did anything else. Spoonsy seems on the up-and-up, I have no qualms about this and doubt I’m moving my vote again.

## vote maigius

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

As I'm likely dead either way by the end of N2, I guess I'll say this. I have another facet to my power, I know who disturbed PQ's grave. Merk did. I know this counts for nothing right now, but keep that in mind.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Maigius posted:

As I'm likely dead either way by the end of N2, I guess I'll say this. I have another facet to my power, I know who disturbed PQ's grave. Merk did. I know this counts for nothing right now, but keep that in mind.

You say you bury things to keep them from scum and also know who messed with the grave. Why didn't you come forward with this earlier??

Merk did you gently caress with PQ's body (no judgement here, not kink shaming)?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
If maigius had come out with all of this at once this day would look a lot different

At this point I'm already slightly suspect of merk but have to doubt the complete veracity of information trickling in

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Maigius posted:

This is interesting info and probably should've lead with that.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I am incompetent and seem to keep sticking my foot in my mouth.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Maigius posted:

Assuming you’re telling the truth, why did you think we all knew PQ’s stuff had been stolen?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wow I don’t know why but I actually think I’d rather lunch merk over Maigius now

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

LordNad posted:

You say you bury things to keep them from scum and also know who messed with the grave. Why didn't you come forward with this earlier??

Merk did you gently caress with PQ's body (no judgement here, not kink shaming)?

I was worrying about getting a target on my back.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Assuming you’re telling the truth, why did you think we all knew PQ’s stuff had been stolen?

Why else you you disturb a dead body?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

wow I don’t know why but I actually think I’d rather lunch merk over Maigius now

Man I had the same thought

Not everyone who interacts with dead people can be scum right

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

No, specifically not, but Maigius claim just feels so haphazard? Like it was thought out but not executed properly.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

The only confirmed alignment we know that interacts with dead people is a town role (PQ).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yeah, I'm not claiming anything.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Maigius posted:

Why else you you disturb a dead body?
PQ himself could tell you at least one reason.

Y’know what, I think this has become pertinent: my action that failed last night was targeting maigius. Like I said, I don’t know why it failed — I could’ve been roleblocked — but it’s still worthwhile to know.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Squiggly posted:

I see this and want your perspective on the opposite side

How is a power that he has to proclaim in thread useful for scum? The game plan is to survive like 8 days and then use it in lylo?

I'm not saying he couldn't be scum, but I see this power much more as a neutral than scum unless I'm missing something

Pretty much exactly the way he did use it, except that he did it prematurely.

Like, imagine you're Scum with this power and the vote gets split between you and someone not on your team so you're both at -1. As long as there's one person on you who previously voted the other guy (not uncommon), you flip the vote and it hammers the other guy.

If you're really lucky - since there seem to be multiple non-Town factions here - then it turns out the other guy is also Scum but with the other team, and you maybe you don't get lunched at all. But even if you do, forcing a mislunch is partial compensation for you dying, and if you're using the power you were presumably going down anyway. It ends up being almost like a lunchbomb.

It'd also be a really useful power for a Luncher-type 3P role. Maybe that's even more likely than Scum though I'm only thinking about it now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Yeah, I'm not claiming anything.

Worded poorly. I'm not claiming I touched the body. I'm not claiming I didn't touch the body. I'm claiming nothing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Worded poorly. I'm not claiming I touched the body. I'm not claiming I didn't touch the body. I'm claiming nothing.

Why

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

xopods posted:

Pretty much exactly the way he did use it, except that he did it prematurely.

Like, imagine you're Scum with this power and the vote gets split between you and someone not on your team so you're both at -1. As long as there's one person on you who previously voted the other guy (not uncommon), you flip the vote and it hammers the other guy.

If you're really lucky - since there seem to be multiple non-Town factions here - then it turns out the other guy is also Scum but with the other team, and you maybe you don't get lunched at all. But even if you do, forcing a mislunch is partial compensation for you dying, and if you're using the power you were presumably going down anyway. It ends up being almost like a lunchbomb.

It'd also be a really useful power for a Luncher-type 3P role. Maybe that's even more likely than Scum though I'm only thinking about it now.

It seems like it invites a lot of scrutiny especially in your circumstance. It would require near perfect play to use well as scum. I don't see it near 100% scum is all

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Squiggly posted:

It seems like it invites a lot of scrutiny especially in your circumstance. It would require near perfect play to use well as scum. I don't see it near 100% scum is all

It's not a great power no matter what, unless it's specifically designed for use with/against some other role or in some circumstance we know nothing about.

It just seems more likely to me that you could use it productively as Scum (or non-Town) than as Town.

More importantly, though (IMO, since I like to reverse engineer setups), it really looks like it's designed with the idea in mind of "how do we give a non-Town player a double vote without it meaning an automatic Town loss at LYLO"? Because the upside of the power seems very similar to double voter. It's just that it has this weird restriction that it requires someone to have previously voted for the person you want an extra vote on. Where does that restriction really come into play? At LYLO, when people don't vote prematurely and don't move their votes much or at all. When is double voter OP for scum? At LYLO.

That's where I'm coming from. The restriction makes the most sense as a balancing element if it's in Scum hands.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

PQ himself could tell you at least one reason.

Y’know what, I think this has become pertinent: my action that failed last night was targeting maigius. Like I said, I don’t know why it failed — I could’ve been roleblocked — but it’s still worthwhile to know.

I will admit I forgot what PQ'S power was, just that I was powerful.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Anyway, this Spoonsy stuff seems like a moot point today because we probably have to lunch either merk or Maigius at this point...

I'm tempted to switch to merk because I can't figure out why he wouldn't explicitly confirm or deny the claim. I mean, if Maigius were lying, presumably merk would say so. But if merk did pick up the item I don't know why he'd refuse to say so... as either alignment really. It seems scummy to withhold that info but I don't see the upside in that case... it's not LESS suspicious to refuse to reveal anything, since collecting items from the dead isn't an inherently scummy power (thematically maybe, but not mechanically).

It's really confusing. Like, maybe he's hoping that Maigius will flip something that makes it apparent Maigius was lying and that we'll leave him alone after that, but then surely someone's going to ask "well if Maigius was lying why didn't you say so?"

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, I dunno. I'm hopelessly behind on work today and have to think about that and not this but ##vote merk for now at least.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I actually think merks refusal to claim is the towniest thing he's done today and I can't really explain why

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I do not believe Maigius.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Maigius posted:

You legally have to tell me if you and Scientastic are scum together.

Sandwolf posted:

Could be because Scientastic was railing on him first. I feel like the trickle of information gave Scientastic enough time to get Maigius to listen to a plan, so I doubt I'm voting anyone other than those two right now since that looks a lot like collusion to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Why would I? Would your opinion of Maigius change if his claim was correct or incorrect?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Why would I? Would your opinion of Maigius change if his claim was correct or incorrect?

no, but it’d change my opinion of you, because I consider people who trickle into out or are hesitant to just “come out with it” are usually trying to calculate the best plan behind the scenes.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

DGK2000 posted:

You legally have to tell me if you and Scientastic are scum together.

Could be because Scientastic was railing on him first. I feel like the trickle of information gave Scientastic enough time to get Maigius to listen to a plan, so I doubt I'm voting anyone other than those two right now since that looks a lot like collusion to me.

Not dealing with Scientastic at all. This really dumbass plan is all on me. Getting really tired of the taste of my own foot, but it's too late to spit it out.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

merk posted:

I guess I just don't see what's gained by not at least confirming/denying that you visited PQ's body. If we lunch Maigius it should be fairly evident whether or not he's lying... all withholding the info seems to accomplish as far as I can tell is make you look worse either way.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

no, but it’d change my opinion of you, because I consider people who trickle into out or are hesitant to just “come out with it” are usually trying to calculate the best plan behind the scenes.

Yeah, this too.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Maigius posted:

You should full claim

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Maigius posted:

Not dealing with Scientastic at all. This really dumbass plan is all on me. Getting really tired of the taste of my own foot, but it's too late to spit it out.

I can't vote you any harder.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Ok. I'm not claiming anything. I won't be claiming anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jose Valasquez posted:

You should full claim

So nice of you to join us for this incredibly useless post Jose