Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Maigius posted:

I've realized that if I start posting without a plan, I start not making sense and make bad moves. If I could do day 2 over again I would have probably hinted that I knew where Merk was the night before, instead of the what I did.

I've also been busy, but I feel like you won't care about that.

From a personal perspective sure

From a mafia perspective you're lying and typing about it in discord

Perhaps you can clear some things up. Why bother to come at it like you did? Why soft claim at all? And why did your role fail at doing the one thing it's supposed to do?

I think all of these have been answered before, but one more time please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Squiggly posted:

Perhaps you can clear some things up. Why bother to come at it like you did? Why soft claim at all? And why did your role fail at doing the one thing it's supposed to do?

I think everyone, including myself at the start, was confused about what I actually do. I get it to watch one dead person and their stuff during night. I see who disturbed them.

I soft-claimed out of fear and confusion and did it badly. I wanted to keep who did it as an ace up my sleeve, and to give them a chance to prove if they were town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Squiggly, I think JoseV is right in that you've been told to stop pushing. This is an *abrupt* change of pace, I understand you getting hesitant about votes stacking on merk but I need to make this very clear.

This is almost exactly how steak escaped the lunch yesterday as well. He acquired a LOT of votes, not enough for majority, and then just totally stalled there. Exactly what is happening with merk. I think we can all agree a merk or maigius lunch gets us GOOD usable info, informs on the reading of the other individual, and MAKE NO MISTAKE, BOTH PARTIES have been scummy as poo poo about their claims.

Only after a lot of time and much pressure did these people "full"claim.

Squiggly, if you are actually town, you should NOT be looking to massively shakeup the vote target for D2 when we have two extremely worthwhile targets.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maigius posted:

I think everyone, including myself at the start, was confused about what I actually do. I get it to watch one dead person and their stuff during night. I see who disturbed them.

I soft-claimed out of fear and confusion and did it badly. I wanted to keep who did it as an ace up my sleeve, and to give them a chance to prove if they were town.

BUT I see Maigius as a dead person watcher, which is a LOT townier of a role to me than graverobber.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
This is two days in a row that dmboogie's been so non-existent that he's in the lurker danger zone, only to come in with a flurry of posts with less than six hours to deadline, and I do not like it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sorry man im reading but im tired

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Squiggly posted:

Cheese - made like 3 posts talking about people voting merk for bad reasons...and then voted merk

This is incorrect. I did make posts talking about how Sci was tunnelling on a bad case and xopods felt insincere in his merk pressure but otherwise assuming we're in a day where the decision is between merk and mag, I've been pretty clear w my preference I thought

Agreeing w/ voodoofly's reads, he's been pretty in tune w my impressions when I read the thread I've felt

There are good reasons to vote merk but Sci's sucks

Expanding on my comment with my vote a bit, I think most people have weighed in on merk/mag to be able to make connections after the flips but mag has volunteered information wrt his role whereas merk has kind of gone out of his way to make sure we know he has no intention to share anything.

Regardless of alignment, w Mag's claim we're getting his watch result now that he's claimed and possibly depriving scum from trying to gain from flipped roles. I see this as valuable? Neutral at best if you consider that he's preventing town from the same thing but I see more value in keeping power from everybody if it also keeps it from scum

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Like, it's possible to be critical of votes or cases on someone while still being open and willing to vote that person for better or less bad reasons. I guess was my point @ squigg

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Squiggly posted:

Hambeet and sub Rosa are lurking hard enough that I don't have any actual recollection of them posting anything substantial
We're so spoiled for choice for scummy people to lunch that I don't know that I have much useful to contribute. I do think there are cases to be made for quite a few less obvious people to be scum, but casing them while I think merk is who should be lunched first seems counter-productive.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s a weird statement by Squigs too because Sub Rosa and beet are two of the lurkers I have distinct reads on. Sub Rosa started the case on steak, beet is Australia but obviously posting stream-of-conscious posts when he catches up.

I think they’re both very townie.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CapnAndy posted:

This is two days in a row that dmboogie's been so non-existent that he's in the lurker danger zone, only to come in with a flurry of posts with less than six hours to deadline, and I do not like it.

I can't speak for DM, but I can speak for myself. DM and I are currently in Awful Survior and yesterday was a busy day for our tribe. I know that there are other people playing this game that are also in that have been more active (Merk for example). I personally am trying my best, I promise I will be better next game day.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Also unless Squiggly is lying we will be able to talk after the hammer tonight, and I think seeing the flip is going to help build cases on other people.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

appalling how many people are coming in and fully ignoring the people most of us want to lunch today

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Sub Rosa posted:

We're so spoiled for choice for scummy people to lunch that I don't know that I have much useful to contribute. I do think there are cases to be made for quite a few less obvious people to be scum, but casing them while I think merk is who should be lunched first seems counter-productive.

Flip side, it's objectively more helpful to share those opinions as you have them so other people can weigh in on them or you separate from the merk lunch

Like, say you get killed tonight and you're seeing something that hasn't been pointed out yet right. Then that's just gone. You're playing the game not just the day

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Maigius posted:

I think everyone, including myself at the start, was confused about what I actually do.
Please reconcile that with this:

Maigius posted:

I didn't see the explanation post at the time. I bury a dead person and their stuff every night.

Maigius posted:

Sandwolf posted:

I think it’s as close as he can get to the truth without being murdered by the town, why would the town need like.. a funeral keeper? Seems more likely he was nervous about it popping up in the mod post and trying to get out ahead of it
Town wants me to help prevent scum from getting at those sweet items.
You don't seem confused at all to me. Your role as you've now claimed it has nothing to do with preventing access to the dead person or their items.

Assuming your most recent version of your claim is the truth, why would you say this? You're directly asked why the town needs someone burying people, and rather than say "I'm not sure" if you're really confused or "in case someone messes with them after they're dead', which would have been the truth, you give a definitive, confident lie. Why? Explain to me why the townie version of you tells that lie.

Also, PS: You sure don't sound confused about your role here either. (Note: the words in brackets are an edit by me, for the sake of clarity. They are replacing the original word "it", which wouldn't be useful without the context of the conversation he was having at the time.)

Maigius posted:

Interesting meant [my role] has some use, but not in top tier of usefulness. It made me say, "That's neat."

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Squiggly, I think JoseV is right in that you've been told to stop pushing. This is an *abrupt* change of pace, I understand you getting hesitant about votes stacking on merk but I need to make this very clear.

This is almost exactly how steak escaped the lunch yesterday as well. He acquired a LOT of votes, not enough for majority, and then just totally stalled there. Exactly what is happening with merk. I think we can all agree a merk or maigius lunch gets us GOOD usable info, informs on the reading of the other individual, and MAKE NO MISTAKE, BOTH PARTIES have been scummy as poo poo about their claims.

Only after a lot of time and much pressure did these people "full"claim.

Squiggly, if you are actually town, you should NOT be looking to massively shakeup the vote target for D2 when we have two extremely worthwhile targets.

First of all sandy, I pushed for steak when spoonsy was getting the vote lead yesterday for exactly the same reason that I'm currently pushing for maigius

Secondly...we have two worthwhile targets in merk and maigius, correct? So what am I shaking up besides trying to make the most informed and correct vote I can?

Thirdly, you can suck my dick with your veiled if you're town bullshit. I'll stop pushing when I'm content I've identified scum 100% and not before that confidence interval

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

present that dick then Squigs

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

cheese sandwich posted:

Like, it's possible to be critical of votes or cases on someone while still being open and willing to vote that person for better or less bad reasons. I guess was my point @ squigg

That's not a bad point, and is my point as well. I am critical of the votes on merk even though I think he is scummy. Currently I'm doubting how many of them are on him and like some of the people on maigius better

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

present that dick then Squigs

Answer my questions bitch tits

Did you read my list and ignore that it's on one of our two targets and assume that's who I want to lynch today instead? Because that's what it looks like

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is purely a self preservation vote. ##vote Maigius

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The claim was real, I was blocked or something last night and my recruitment failed.

##vote merk

I believe that merk is a better vote than Maigius

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also lol at a 6pm thursday deadline.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

It's almost like JoseV has done nothing in thread other than misrepresent what people have said.

merk posted:

The Scientastic case is not that. The case on you is not that.

You are consistently misrepresenting what people are doing in thread?

merk is just trying to distract from the cases against him and discredit those who made them.

Here are the posts merk is referring to

Jose Valasquez posted:

This isn't merk's town game. He's spent the entire day defensive instead of scum hunting. Town merk would vote for this merk

##vote merk

Jose Valasquez posted:

Here are merk's non-OMGUS/non-defensive posts for D2

D1 in his own words:

merk isn't scum hunting. This isn't town merk

So, merk is trying to claim that his posts haven't been almost entirely OMGUS/defensive posts.

I don't think he disagrees that he didn't much if any scum hunting D1

merk posted:

The context Scientastic is purposely ignoring is that I barely did anything yesterday.

Here are Scientastic's posts before merk started defending himself:

I recommend clicking through to this first one which shows merk's posts about Steak.

Scientastic posted:

You know who else looks very bad in their interactions around Steak yesterday? Merk.

Scientastic posted:

Looking at my other two scum picks, I feel like both Nep and Merk both spent too much time defending Steak. But while Nep's defending Steak fits with what I've seen of him as town before (and therefore gives me pause), merk's feel's quite strongly out of character.

And my gut says merk is scum, and you can't ignore your gut.

##Vote merk

Scientastic posted:

I fundamentally disagree that what you did was "strongly advocate" that Steak was town. You made one single post (below) where you actually called him town (and that fogged up with equivocation), the remainder are either meta "he's always scummy" posts, or one-liners throwing shade at Tom Tucker's case against him.

Where did you "strongly advocate" that Steak was town? Claiming you did is overegging it, I'm guessing to make you look extra self-effacing.

Merk has a lot of mafia cred, and he's relying on it here to get away with bad scum posting. Read his defence of Steak yesterday and his reaction to my voting him, he's scum.

Scientastic posted:

I think this post from merk basically sums up what I am trying to say. I agree wholeheartedly with merk, that if he thinks someone is town, he will defend them. What I see, and what I hope everyone else sees, is that that is not what he did.

He barely mentioned that he thought Steak was town, he said a lot of stuff about how you couldn't really draw an alignment call from Steak's scummy posting, because that's just how he is.

Merk is trying to rewrite history here and present his D1 posting as an honest mistake of thinking Steak was town and defending him. What he actually did was say that he shouldn't be executed, not that he was town.

I think this is a reasonable summary of merk's D1 posts regarding steak, he made one post where he said he thought this was steak's town game early in the day, but a lot more of "you can never tell steak's alignment D1" type stuff. The idea that he "strongly advocated" that steak is town is a farce but he spends most of his posting against Scientastic hammering that idea home.

merk posted:

I'm not unvoting Scientastic until he's removed from the game. This is scum gaslighting.

merk posted:

Keep moving your goalposts to fit your fake narrative. It's working great.

merk posted:

Merk never called Steak town! He wasn't defending him!
I present evidence to the contrary.
I already quoted that post! But you said 'strong advocated'!!!!!

This is scum thinking I can be lynched and going in with whatever argument can be shoehorned in.

merk posted:

This misrepresentation is loving surreal. In the small amount of anything yesterday, I strongly defended Steak.

merk posted:

I was kind of blustering before, but I really won't unvote Scientastic ever now.

merk posted:

Scientastic has dug himself into a misrepresentation hole that he cannot get out of no matter how many times he hits the "Submit Reply" button. This is caught scum. Let's move on with this lynch.

merk is focused on finding a small hole in what Scientastic posted and hammering on it to make the person making a case on him look bad. If you don't want to call this OMGUS, fine, whatever it is it isn't scum hunting. Merk is looking for a gotcha moment, not scum.

Here's merk's case on Sandwolf:

merk posted:

##vote Sandwolf

I can't honestly believe Sandwolf thinks me advocating we analyze votes/cases over role discussion is "some weak argument" when I literally did that for multiple game days in a game with him less than a month ago.
Once again he attacks someone primarily because they are suspicious of him.

Even he admits it is bad

merk posted:

Now that I’ve cooled off, I can look for scum again. Sleeping on the Sandwolf case made me think it is not all that great. I still feel good about scientastic.

Which brings us back around to his case on me. He says I'm misrepresenting him in saying that he has been almost entirely defensive/OMGUS posting.
I'm calling them how I see them. He is more focused on discrediting people who think he is being scummy than he is interested in doing scum hunting.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Squiggly posted:

Answer my questions bitch tits

Did you read my list and ignore that it's on one of our two targets and assume that's who I want to lynch today instead? Because that's what it looks like

I just think, at this point, raising other people with little-to-no support is like, not where our time should be spent. Deadline is in 3 hours. I want to focus this onto merk, not start talking about boogie or beet.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
See that's a decent case and if you'd made it in the first place I wouldn't be in this quandary of looking at lovely low effort votes on merk and doubting their sincerity

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jose Valasquez posted:

merk is just trying to distract from the cases against him and discredit those who made them.

Here are the posts merk is referring to

So, merk is trying to claim that his posts haven't been almost entirely OMGUS/defensive posts.

I don't think he disagrees that he didn't much if any scum hunting D1

Here are Scientastic's posts before merk started defending himself:

I recommend clicking through to this first one which shows merk's posts about Steak.

I think this is a reasonable summary of merk's D1 posts regarding steak, he made one post where he said he thought this was steak's town game early in the day, but a lot more of "you can never tell steak's alignment D1" type stuff. The idea that he "strongly advocated" that steak is town is a farce but he spends most of his posting against Scientastic hammering that idea home.

merk is focused on finding a small hole in what Scientastic posted and hammering on it to make the person making a case on him look bad. If you don't want to call this OMGUS, fine, whatever it is it isn't scum hunting. Merk is looking for a gotcha moment, not scum.

Here's merk's case on Sandwolf:

Once again he attacks someone primarily because they are suspicious of him.

Even he admits it is bad

Which brings us back around to his case on me. He says I'm misrepresenting him in saying that he has been almost entirely defensive/OMGUS posting.
I'm calling them how I see them. He is more focused on discrediting people who think he is being scummy than he is interested in doing scum hunting.

Ok, that's a legitimate case. Thanks for putting in the effort. I clearly don't agree, but here we are.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

I just think, at this point, raising other people with little-to-no support is like, not where our time should be spent. Deadline is in 3 hours. I want to focus this onto merk, not start talking about boogie or beet.

So you missed the entire point of my post which is a reflection of the votes on merk

Looking at who is voting him and what they've done is entirely with merit. Why are you ignoring what my intent was?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sand and anyone else: I don’t want to vote either merk or maigius. I’ll vote merk over maigius and I am fully aware we are probably out of time to vote Andy but seriously people look at Andy.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (9): Scientastic, xopods, Squiggly, hambeet, Jose Valasquez, Sub Rosa, b-minus1, Nep-Nep, Sandwolf, Nep-Nep, cheese sandwich, Squiggly, CapitalistPig
Maigius (8): CapnAndy, CapnAndy, LordNad, Sandwolf, DGK2000, dmboogie, xopods, CapnAndy, xopods, Spoonsy, b-minus1, b-minus1, Sandwolf, Squiggly, SalTheBard, merk
CapnAndy (1): Voodoofly
Scientastic (1): merk, merk, merk, Nep-Nep, merk
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk
SalTheBard (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
b-minus1 (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy
Spoonsy (0): xopods, xopods
Nep-Nep (0): Scientastic, Scientastic
Jose Valasquez (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (3): Maigius, MisterJed, Mr. Humalong

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 04th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 36 minutes.

Days will be 48 hours, nights are 24 hours.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jose Valasquez posted:

I read merk as genuinely furious and being driven by emotion right now. To me, the real question up for debate is: is he mad because posts he made in good faith are getting called scummy, or because he's getting caught out for posts he thought would make him seem townie?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Sand and anyone else: I don’t want to vote either merk or maigius. I’ll vote merk over maigius and I am fully aware we are probably out of time to vote Andy but seriously people look at Andy.

look, I’ll happily come back to it tomorrow, but Andy has 1 vote on him, do you really think you’re going to get this running?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We have 2 hours and 45 minutes, I bet we could get something else going. I don't really feel Maigius either and am only voting him because he's not me.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapnAndy posted:

I read merk as genuinely furious and being driven by emotion right now.

this is false, merk doesn't have emotions.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

seriously people look at Andy.
You guys really should, I've been playing exceptionally well and I'm proud of myself so far. I mean we'll see how this merk/maigius thing goes but I'm pretty confident!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

We have 2 hours and 45 minutes, I bet we could get something else going. I don't really feel Maigius either and am only voting him because he's not me.

well if you were able to articulate a case that was more than: “surely this person doesn’t think I’m scum, therefore, THEY must be scum” than maybe that’d be the case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

well if you were able to articulate a case that was more than: “surely this person doesn’t think I’m scum, therefore, THEY must be scum” than maybe that’d be the case.

The town cannot do anything at all unless the great merk steps forward and leads them to salvation. Fun times.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

look, I’ll happily come back to it tomorrow, but Andy has 1 vote on him, do you really think you’re going to get this running?

No idea. But what do you want me to do right now? I don’t like either option, we might have a lurker massacre and there were two kills last night so I’d really rather advocate someone I find scummy.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

You guys really should, I've been playing exceptionally well and I'm proud of myself so far. I mean we'll see how this merk/maigius thing goes but I'm pretty confident!

I mean you managed to discover the town win condition. I’ll give you that.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yeah 2.5 hours is enough time to mobilize. This is the same thing that happened yesterday where people voted Spoonsy like there was no other choice available

Can't discuss anything else though we might actually lynch scum again if people talk too much

I don't trust any of you fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

cheese sandwich posted:

Flip side, it's objectively more helpful to share those opinions as you have them so other people can weigh in on them or you separate from the merk lunch

Like, say you get killed tonight and you're seeing something that hasn't been pointed out yet right. Then that's just gone. You're playing the game not just the day

Even if I am killed tonight, I can post cases informed by the flip during the night. Unless Squiggly is lying, but I do not think he is. So I take your point, but I take it more to mean I should do this before day three starts than before day two ends.